Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2021, 18:17   #616
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Went to take delivery of my cousin's Altroz and there were 4 Safaris waiting to be delivered the next day, the adventure persona variant looks really good up close.
True indeed! I've seen the Adventure Persona variant in person on Sunday when I went out and I must say that it looks good with black accents around the grille, which I felt gaudy looking on the regular version and with dark gunmetal alloys.
Old 18th March 2021, 19:50   #617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
As I said once, it is good, modern, nice to drive, feature loaded, comfortable, and better to drive too.

Is is indeed a 'Tata Safari' in multiple manners, but, it is NOT 'That Safari'!

Not only the long wheelbase, just look how the front wheels are struggling for the grip even in initial parts. I hope now many will understand why we guys advocate the RWD for the SUVs. Had it been a RWD with a live axle and decent wheel articulation, this obstacle was a cakewalk. A Hexa would do this easily guys.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=9YE_TC8WAkw
Chances are that the driver did not use the drive modes. I guess with the drive mode in off-road setting, it would have crossed the hurdle. The drive modes on the Harrier/Safari are not gimmicks and quite useful to some extent though a RWD will definitely outperform in this situation, just saying that it may have pulled through!
Candy$Cars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 20:45   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
A Hexa would do this easily guys.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=9YE_TC8WAkw
Thanks so much for that post and the video, it so clear now that indeed it is not, like you said, 'That Safari' at least not until there is an AWD version available. I am getting more and more convinced now that getting a pre-worshipped Storme 4*4 version while I can will be the best thing to do. And wait for this Safari to become That Safari over time.

Cheers,
M
Old 19th March 2021, 09:22   #619
BHPian

My MG Hector is to be delivered in the first week of April. Kotak Bank loan has also been sanctioned. Don’t know if I can cancel the car and loan now.

MENTAL NOTE: Drive the Hector (albeit reluctantly) for the next 5-7 years and then buy the next gen Safari (facelift would be in 2 years. So next gen could be safely assumed in 4-5 years)
Old 19th March 2021, 10:23   #620
BHPian

Hello Team, So I finally got the delivery of Safari Adventure Persona XZA+ yesterday from Rudra Motors Wagholi in Pune.

2021 Tata Safari Review-img_20210318_120658.jpg

I had pre-booked XZA on 28th Jan with an amount of 5K, but changed the booking to Adventure Persona after the reveal on 22nd Feb. It was a long wait after that and the SA was a also clueless with the new model introduced unexpectedly. However they did overall a good job of keeping me upto date of what they were hearing on regular basis from the management. Earlier this week my SA called me to tell that the car has arrived, promptly provided all the necessary information for the next steps and once I made all the payments we agreed on a delivery date of 18th. Even though the Reg number is yet to come I was so impatient and excited to get my hand on the car that I got the delivery with a temporary number

The break up of cost was like this
2021 Tata Safari Review-image-20210316-1.15.08-pm.jpeg

Insurance quoted earlier was around 120k, but I negotiated and they almost matched the quote I was receiving from outside. I'm availing Extended warranty for 3 yrs (on top of basic 2 yrs.) for 33K which seems quite reasonable. Not opting for AMC packages although they were quite reasonable too.
One thing to note though - I had read somewhere that Tata suggests service every 6 months or 10K KMs, but for Safari this is only for the 3 free services which are to be completed in first yr- 2 months, 6 months and 1 yr post delivery. After that service intervals are 1 yr or 15k KM.

Yesterday being a working day, I didn't get much time with the car and as this being a year end closing time I will not get much time over next couple of weeks either (Holi holidays being around the same time are not helping either ). Hopefully once that is over and Registration is received I'll take some time to acquaint myself with the beast and also put together an initial ownership review to share with you all.
CoffeeBeans is offline   (48) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 10:25   #621
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarGuy_DM View Post

MENTAL NOTE: Drive the Hector (albeit reluctantly) for the next 5-7 years and then buy the next gen Safari (facelift would be in 2 years. So next gen could be safely assumed in 4-5 years)
Hector is also a very capable car. It has fantastic ride quality and loads of features. Don't worry about the safari. You are not getting an inferior car either.

Life is full of such choices and missed opportunities. Contentment is the biggest superpower.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 11:15   #622
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy$Cars View Post
Chances are that the driver did not use the drive modes. I guess with the drive mode in off-road setting, it would have crossed the hurdle. The drive modes on the Harrier/Safari are not gimmicks and quite useful to some extent though a RWD will definitely outperform in this situation, just saying that it may have pulled through!
I think that this Safari will have problems clearing that obstacle even with an AWD system. The break over angle is not enough due to the car having inadequate ground clearance (another gripe for Safari enthusiasts).
Old 19th March 2021, 11:53   #623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarGuy_DM View Post
My MG Hector is to be delivered in the first week of April. Kotak Bank loan has also been sanctioned. Don’t know if I can cancel the car and loan now.
You can cancel the loan if you want. I have done it while buying the Hexa. Had to cancel the loan and Hexa purchase because of an emergency. This was after my Hexa had reached the dealer yard. So in your case, it is definitely possible. I paid 7k or so for cancellation charges and the already accrued EMI. Finally made the purchase after 3 months using a different loan from the same bank. We have to spend at least 5 years with the car to get the most out of it and if you are having doubts, you should cancel it. To be frank, Hector does not invoke emotions like the Safari.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 19th March 2021 at 11:56.
padmrajravi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 14:10   #624
BHPian

What a day!

After sleepless nights and then pouring my heart out on TBHP, and then some life lessons by PrasannaDhana and then some words of advise by Padmrajravi, I went to MG, canceled the Hector, canceled the loan and now I feel like a bird whose flight has been restored.

March ending beckons.

First week of April, I am officially going to Reclaim My Life.

Planning to buy the Blue one. Suggestions awaited.

Thanks TBHP and GTO for this fantastic forum where I tried hard to get in. But where I am given this opportunity to reclaim my life.
CarGuy_DM is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 16:57   #625
BHPian

Here is a Harrier owner doing roof top luggage box with cross bars installation on his Harrier XZA+ with panoramic sunroof.

Installation was seamless without any drilling on screwing on the SUV. Only vague details about the box is available.

Brand : PentAir
Origin : China probably
Size : XL 400+ Litres or 100KG
Price : Less than 50K

2021 Tata Safari Review-162409496_894820504675778_506561389149675416_n-1.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMkPM4hj...d=evs1oyvsqle5

Last edited by TorqueIndia : 19th March 2021 at 17:03.
TorqueIndia is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 16:58   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueIndia View Post
Here is a Harrier owner doing roof top luggage box with cross bars installation on his Harrier XZA+ with panoramic sunroof .

Installation was seamless without any drilling on screwing on the SUV. Only vague details about the box is available.

Brand : PentAir
Origin : China probably
Size : XL 400+ Litres or 100KG
Price : less than 50K
I thought one could not have a roof box on a sunroof car, was I wrong?
ankur_fox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2021, 09:42   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_fox View Post
I thought one could not have a roof box on a sunroof car, was I wrong?
They have done the installation using cross bars and the load is at the edges of the roof frame and not on the sun roof. In fact the sun roof can open and close under the cross bars. Though this does negate the utility / advantage of a sun roof. Might as well purchase the trim without sun roof.
MarutiGuy1977 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2021, 14:14   #628

Thanks for the reviews and feedback on the new Safari. I own a XUV 500 and very happy about the vehicle! I am looking to go for an exchange. I was confused between Creta, Safari, and yet to be born XUV 500. After going through this forum and test driving it, I am pretty convinced!

I have booked the Safari XZ+ Adventure today! The dealer has promised to deliver in four weeks. Very excited and hope that I have made the right decision!
Venkad is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th March 2021, 14:58   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarutiGuy1977 View Post
They have done the installation using cross bars and the load is at the edges of the roof frame and not on the sun roof. In fact the sun roof can open and close under the cross bars. Though this does negate the utility / advantage of a sun roof. Might as well purchase the trim without sun roof.
Very true. With this arrangement we may use sunroof when luggage carrier is not required on some trips. Its not that hard to remove or reinstall the luggage carrier.
RahuKetu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2021, 15:01   #630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahuKetu View Post
Very true. With this arrangement we may use sunroof when luggage carrier is not required on some trips. Its not that hard to remove or reinstall the luggage carrier.
Agree. In the video if I do understand correct, they mention the cost of the carrier including cross bars around Rs. 35000. Can be there on long trips and be removed at home location.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks