Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2021, 20:41   #706
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by varman742 View Post
I got the delivery of my Safari XZA+ (7S) Adventure Edition on Friday. I wanted to wait for the number plate to arrive however with the lockdown rumors in Maharashtra I took the delivery with Temp registration number. The delivery process was quick and smooth. I haven't got much chance to explore the vehicle as I have given the vehicle for Ceramic coating at Aquatint,
Congratulations!! Delivery in the nick of time before the lockdown starts.
Can you please share the costing for the ceramic coating at Aquatint? I'm thinking of getting it done for my Safari as well once the lockdown situation returns to normal. TIA.
CoffeeBeans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 08:16   #707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varman742 View Post
I got the delivery of my Safari XZA+ (7S) Adventure Edition on Friday.
Congratulations Have an adventurous rides with your Adventure Safari!

Would you please mind sharing the on-road price? and any extra accessories added?
Johnnny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 08:52   #708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Not much, really. Give more slush and see - it will very likely get stuck, as with other 2WD vehicles. Except for one stretch in that test track, everything else was on unsurfaced soil, and just in one section they had created a bit of slush.

I have got my Storme stuck in a muddy area after some good rain, and struggled to come out - had to get people to push it, apart from the stones we had to add under the tyres. I am not buying this video
The storme (I assume yours is a 4*2) is about 400/500 kgs heavier, rear wheel drive and has a heavy engine on its front wheels. This with unloaded rear wheels coupled with zero traction control will always struggle in slush and soft roads. The front wheel drive Safari with ESP based drive modes may peform better in similar conditions. However, I agree that the Safari is far from an off-roader in its present avatar.
AirbusCapt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 11:58   #709
BHPian

Link for the soft copy of the Safari owner's manual which might come handy -
https://cars.tatamotors.com/images/s...ers-Manual.pdf

Also, manual for 8.8 inch infotainment although it's for Harrier, the system is same so it should be applicable for general requirements -
https://cars.tatamotors.com/images/s...ent_Manual.pdf
CoffeeBeans is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 12:45   #710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varunmohan View Post
May be a naïve question but in the bumper to bumper traffic of Delhi, would front parking sensors may be a nuisance as they may keep beeping as soon as a bike cuts in the front or the car is too near to the car stopping in front?

As of now I am not opting for it. Actually never thought of the button angle and now that add a major reason of not going for it.
Even I had this concern, took feedback from someone who installed the front parking sensors on his harrier, and he quoted that he is not using the front parking sensors much now since it is more of an annoyance rather than a help.
Initially, even I was adamant about installing the front parking sensors considering the size of this vehicle. Now I feel a front camera or a 360-degree camera will actually be of great help rather than the sensors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
Wouldn't it be integrated into the same switch as the rear parking sensor? And gets auto-activated when reverse (and 1st) gear gets engaged?
Good question, first of all, there is no switch to switch off the Rear parking sensors in Harrier. It gets auto-activated once you engage reverse gear but you can't explicitly switch it off like in MS cars.
Old 6th April 2021, 12:48   #711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeBeans View Post

Also, manual for 8.8 inch infotainment although it's for Harrier, the system is same so it should be applicable for general requirements -
https://cars.tatamotors.com/images/s...ent_Manual.pdf
I think the SAFARI manual for the Infotainment system should be slightly different since it supports iRA as well.

Last edited by Highh5 : 6th April 2021 at 12:50.
Old 6th April 2021, 20:11   #712
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Good question, first of all, there is no switch to switch off the Rear parking sensors in Harrier. It gets auto-activated once you engage reverse gear but you can't explicitly switch it off like in MS cars.
Pardon me, under what situation is switching off rear parking sensors when moving in reverse, useful ? Why is an option provided to switch them off, they get active only in reverse gear anyway.
Old 6th April 2021, 20:52   #713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
Pardon me, under what situation is switching off rear parking sensors when moving in reverse, useful ? Why is an option provided to switch them off, they get active only in reverse gear anyway.

In my case, one of the sensors in a maruti vehicle is malfunctioning and it keeps on giving continuous display on MID and hampers display of other information while driving. Switching of the sensors helps in this scenario.
Old 6th April 2021, 21:07   #714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
I think the SAFARI manual for the Infotainment system should be slightly different since it supports iRA as well.
Looking at the Safari's infotainment and this user manual from Harrier, I'm not able to find any difference and it seems identical. iRA is a separate feature with the functionality entirely on the app, and the few differences in the MID from Harrier are already covered in the main user manual.
Old 6th April 2021, 21:22   #715
BHPian

After a lot of calls and follow ups, finally took delivery of my safari royal blue xza+ 7 seater today.
Felt like eternity since the day I booked.

The delivery was quick and trouble free.
Kudos to the team at orange auto for organising a pleasant delivery.
Could not click good pics of the car yet and will upload here once I click.
db DrivE is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 21:29   #716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
Pardon me, under what situation is switching off rear parking sensors when moving in reverse, useful? Why is an option provided to switch them off, they get active only in reverse gear anyway.
There are many practical scenarios but one of those which I use often in my other car, I sometimes switch off reverse sensors to avoid the annoying sound while reversing through the area where there are lots of shrubs or small tree branches spread out and mostly rely on the reverse camera feed.

Last edited by Highh5 : 6th April 2021 at 21:31.
Old 6th April 2021, 23:10   #717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by db DrivE View Post
After a lot of calls and follow ups, finally took delivery of my safari royal blue xza+ 7 seater today.
Felt like eternity since the day I booked.

The delivery was quick and trouble free.
Kudos to the team at orange auto for organising a pleasant delivery.
Could not click good pics of the car yet and will upload here once I click.
Congratulations!!!
I am also constantly following up but the dealer says I have to wait for another few weeks. They have 16 bookings of the same model (XZA+ AT ) and color (white) and I am 6th on the list.

What accessories did you go for?
Old 7th April 2021, 09:49   #718
BHPian

2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varunmohan View Post
Congratulations!!!

I am also constantly following up but the dealer says I have to wait for another few weeks. They have 16 bookings of the same model (XZA+ AT ) and color (white) and I am 6th on the list.

What accessories did you go for?

Thank you
It looks really good in white.
The dealer still did not receive any accessories and hence I have not taken any yet.
However I am interested in the parking sensors, side steps, mascot, puddle lamps and sun shades.
Old 7th April 2021, 15:56   #719
Senior - BHPian

Not associated with this channel, but thought of sharing nonetheless

Accident between new Safari and WagonR
AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2021, 10:23   #720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
So after the Jeep Compass and the Tata Harrier, its the Tata Safari that takes a spot on what most certainly seems like the Mumbai Pune eWay. Probably replaced the Harrier in the old spot? Or its a different place?
Yes, it has replaced the Tata Harrier at the old spot. The Tata Safari has completely overshadowed the Tata Harrier.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks