Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2021, 20:35   #691
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar24 View Post
In my opinion for the ceramic coating i would still prefer to go with the already established experts in the business rather than trusting the showroom guys with my hard earned money and also keeping in mind also the workmanship quality and longevity of the coating.

I'm just being skeptical, but we will only know the quality of the job done by showroom if any BHPian shares their experience.
Agree with that sentiment Sridhar ! Definitely make sense to get that done by detailing experts rather than the showroom guys, who at times botches even the most simplest of jobs !

Best would have been if TATA takes the ceramic coating request, and ships the car ceramic coated from the factory itself, rather than getting that done at the showroom... (ah! things we wish for !!)
Old 2nd April 2021, 21:13   #692
BHPian

Hello everyone! After weeks of sitting on the fence between a harrier xza+ and the safari, booked the latter in adventure persona avatar today, the anxious 8 week wait begins!
raamki is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2021, 11:37   #693

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish2135 View Post
After rigorous follow-ups with the SA the car has finally arrived at the dealership.
Congratulations! The car looks amazing in this shade of grey. I would’ve considered the same if I didn’t have a grey already in my garage

I have booked the blue xza+ 7 seater variant on 19th of March and was promised delivery in 4 weeks. Apparently, they’re receiving a lot of bookings for the same variant.

Would like to know what insurance you’ve gone for, if you don’t mind sharing details
Old 4th April 2021, 13:39   #694
BHPian

Got this attached accessories list from a dealer in Gurgaon. Price List MRP_safari_acc.pdf

I am planning to get a "side-step wd bracket". Does it make to sense to get it from the Tata showroom itself or from outside retailers?
Varunmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2021, 16:13   #695
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varunmohan View Post
Got this attached accessories list from a dealer in Gurgaon.

I am planning to get a "side-step wd bracket". Does it make to sense to get it from the Tata showroom itself or from outside retailers?
Why would you need a side step for the 2021 safari? Unless you have senior citizens using the car, the new safari doesn't need it.

The first thing that immediately stood out to me as a current Storme owner is how you don't need to get up into the car, but just get in like any normal C-SUV or Innova.

Old gen Safari/Storme, side step is definitely necessary unless you are >6 ft tall.

Last edited by Sheel : 4th April 2021 at 18:38. Reason: Typos.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2021, 18:25   #696
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Why would you need a side step for the 2021 safari? Unless you have senior citizens using the car, the new safari doesn't need it.
Two reasons.

1. You have to step over and into it , many find it difficult because there is a wide ledge / door sil as they scooped out the floor for more space, second row especially.

2. Something to protect the doors. The doors extend over the running board, it's going to be the first casualty of kerb damage.

This is the only accessory that made sense in the catalogue , so we have ordered it.

Last edited by Sheel : 4th April 2021 at 18:39. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2021, 20:14   #697
BHPian

I was planning to go for front parking sensors as an added accessory on my Safari. But am wondering where will the switch for it be placed? Will they be able to integrate it around the buttons near the rotary knob for traction modes? Has anyone got this accessory done for the Harrier/Safari?
Old 4th April 2021, 20:43   #698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarGuy_DM View Post
I was planning to go for front parking sensors as an added accessory on my Safari. But am wondering where will the switch for it be placed? Will they be able to integrate it around the buttons near the rotary knob for traction modes? Has anyone got this accessory done for the Harrier/Safari?
There are no dummy buttons that they can use for the front parking sensors. One of the major reasons I didn't opt for that accessory even though I wanted it. Button easily looks like a third party accessory and stands out sorely in an otherwise handsome cabin. In fact, it consists of only two sensors which is another reason I kept myself away from the accessory.

I found most of the accessories waste and doesn't have that finesse of the OEM design. Check their Wireless charger, you will easily find better options. On one hand, they have such third-class accessory options for their top of the line SUV and on the other hand, they are launching a ceramic coating .
They need to first think of providing some genuinely good accessories with an OEM look, then they should focus on another revenue-generating service like ceramic coating.
Highh5 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th April 2021, 20:50   #699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Button easily looks like a third party accessory and stands out sorely in an otherwise handsome cabin.
I had this very concern. Well I can definitely live without it. Not going for the front parking sensors anymore. Thanks for sharing this.
Old 4th April 2021, 23:49   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Yes that is the case. Multiple senior citizens (both parents and in-laws) would be using the car for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Two reasons.

1. You have to step over and into it , many find it difficult because there is a wide ledge / door sil as they scooped out the floor for more space, second row especially.

2. Something to protect the doors. The doors extend over the running board, it's going to be the first casualty of kerb damage.

This is the only accessory that made sense in the catalogue , so we have ordered it.
Absolutely with you on that !

Other than the basic need of floor mats and mud flaps, this is the only other accessory that made sense to me.
And somewhere I would love to get a bonnet mascot too so that's also in my list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
There are no dummy buttons that they can use for the front parking sensors. One of the major reasons I didn't opt for that accessory even though I wanted it. Button easily looks like a third party accessory and stands out sorely in an otherwise handsome cabin. In fact, it consists of only two sensors which is another reason I kept myself away from the accessory.
May be a naïve question but in the bumper to bumper traffic of Delhi, would front parking sensors may be a nuisance as they may keep beeping as soon as a bike cuts in the front or the car is too near to the car stopping in front?

As of now I am not opting for it. Actually never thought of the button angle and now that add a major reason of not going for it.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 5th April 2021 at 01:09. Reason: Merged back to back posts. Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 10:01   #701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarGuy_DM View Post
Wouldn't it be integrated into the same switch as the rear parking sensor? And gets auto activated when reverse (and 1st) gear gets engaged?
Old 5th April 2021, 11:52   #702
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varunmohan View Post
Other than the basic need of floor mats and mud flaps, this is the only other accessory that made sense to me.
And somewhere I would love to get a bonnet mascot too so that's also in my list
Order a detailing brush as well for good measure, clean it once a week. I have given this a 'hold' to my BIL as I would like to see how the regular cleaning is working on the rear monogram, if that gets cleaned well then order the one for the bonnet. The font is stylish, very good looking.

Dirt getting trapped in the monogram is very visible if its right in the front, I don't know how the new Hector owners are managing this with that sparkling white and so many more letters with Morris Garages written in full, boy that must be some work, equally good looking I must add.

Last edited by vb-saan : 5th April 2021 at 14:04. Reason: Pointed to the correct quoted post. Thanks!
Kosfactor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 13:12   #703
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
For all those doubting the off-road capability of the Safari, this video may provide a fair assessment of its capabilities.
Not much, really. Give more slush and see - it will very likely get stuck, as with other 2WD vehicles. Except for one stretch in that test track, everything else was on unsurfaced soil, and just in one section they had created a bit of slush.

I have got my Storme stuck in a muddy area after some good rain, and struggled to come out - had to get people to push it, apart from the stones we had to add under the tyres. I am not buying this video

Last edited by condor : 5th April 2021 at 13:34.
condor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 13:51   #704
BHPian

I got the delivery of my Safari XZA+ (7S) Adventure Edition on Friday. I wanted to wait for the number plate to arrive however with the lockdown rumors in Maharashtra I took the delivery with Temp registration number. The delivery process was quick and smooth. I haven't got much chance to explore the vehicle as I have given the vehicle for Ceramic coating at Aquatint, however with whatever rides we have taken so far, me and family (especially kids) are loving every bit of it. Took the car for on the highway for a 40 minutes drive and was impressed with the auto box and the smooth ride. The vehicle is getting quite a lot of attention on road and in my society, at-least for now :-). It is surely a head turner!

I am adding couple of pictures for now. Once I have got chance to spend more time with the car, I shall post more pictures and the initial ownership review.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Tata Safari Review-20210405_135726.jpg  

2021 Tata Safari Review-img20210402wa0003.jpg  

Last edited by varman742 : 5th April 2021 at 14:10.
varman742 is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 20:28   #705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Order a detailing brush as well for good measure, clean it once a week. I have given this a 'hold' to my BIL as I would like to see how the regular cleaning is working on the rear monogram, if that gets cleaned well then order the one for the bonnet. The font is stylish, very good looking.

Dirt getting trapped in the monogram is very visible if its right in the front, I don't know how the new Hector owners are managing this with that sparkling white and so many more letters with Morris Garages written in full, boy that must be some work, equally good looking I must add.
That's a great idea ! Would order a detailing brush.
Not sure if I can get the black stylized bonnet mascot or would have to take the chrome one but I think I am going to get it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks