Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2021, 09:50   #601
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Friends,
One of my cousin is looking forward for Safari. As test drive vehicle is not easily available, can anyone please comment on the body roll. How is the body roll compared with SUVs like XUV500, Fortuner or Endeavour? Or MUVs, such as Innova. As the car will be driven by driver 95% of the time so he is very keen on the rear seat comfort.
Thank you so much in advance.
Old 15th March 2021, 11:37   #602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbareilly View Post
Friends,
One of my cousin is looking forward for Safari. As test drive vehicle is not easily available, can anyone please comment on the body roll. How is the body roll compared with SUVs like XUV500, Fortuner or Endeavour? Or MUVs, such as Innova. As the car will be driven by driver 95% of the time so he is very keen on the rear seat comfort.
Thank you so much in advance.
Safari is a Monocoque so I would say that comparing with XUV500 would be fair. I can assure you that Fortuner and Endeavour or even Crysta to some extent being Body on Frame will have much higher body roll than Safari.

Last edited by swarnava.ch : 15th March 2021 at 11:38.
Old 15th March 2021, 11:58   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishkg View Post
I had booked XT variant considering price and features almost 3 weeks back in pune. .
I had pre-booked XZA+ 7 Seater Safari on 6th Feb in pune with color option as Blue/Grey. On 23rd, after price reveal, I changed the option to Adventure Edition. Yesterday, after speaking to the SA, I have been given a tentative timeline of 1st week of April for the Vehicle to arrive with the dealer and additional 8-10 days for delivery.

So the waiting period in pune, even though pre-booked, is about 6-7 weeks.
varman742 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 13:01   #604
BHPian

I have booked XMA blue last week in Chennai and was assured a waiting period of maximum 3-4 weeks which has to be taken with a pinch of salt. My basic requirement was an automatic 7/8 seater and test drove Crysta and Safari back to back. The advantages of Crysta over Safari were
a) Reduced width which makes it easier to drive inside city
b) Better refinement and fit/finish compared to Safari
c) Boot space.(Though with 7 full people for a long drive, luggage space is a joke)
d) Toyota reliability
e) Better resale value

Safari scores over Crysta in
a) Ride quality
b) Handling and drivability
c) Perceived safety ( Even though no NCAP ratings to substantiate but given TATA's performance in the other product portfolios....)
d) Looks( Subjective though)

Hopefully, TATA has done their homework and will give me a reliable SUV which can perform without issues for at least 150000 kms.
Neil Roy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 13:15   #605
BHPian

2021 Tata Safari Review

I have made my booking for an XZA+ blue on 14th February.
I was given a 2 weeks waiting time.
The dealer is absolutely clueless as of today about when he can deliver my vehicle. His commitments seem very vague.
Probably it is time to start a hashtag #whereismysafari? Just like how it was done with the thar.

Last edited by db DrivE : 15th March 2021 at 13:17.
db DrivE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 14:55   #606

Quote:
Originally Posted by db DrivE View Post
I have made my booking for an XZA+ blue on 14th February.
I was given a 2 weeks waiting time.
The dealer is absolutely clueless as of today about when he can deliver my vehicle.
Which dealership is this? We are planning to book a Safari soon and I am not getting a clear answer about delivery time from any dealerships in Hyderabad.
Old 15th March 2021, 15:01   #607
rpm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
I have booked XMA blue last week in Chennai..................
c) Perceived safety ( Even though no NCAP ratings to substantiate but given TATA's performance in the other product portfolios....)
...............for at least 150000 kms.
Do you happen to have any backup plans in case Tata's performance in the other product portfolios turns out to be deceptive? Just curious.
rpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 15:07   #608
BHPian

2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anirudhneni View Post
Which dealership is this? We are planning to book a Safari soon and I am not getting a clear answer about delivery time from any dealerships in Hyderabad.

Orange auto. These guys are not clear either.
You could try venkataramana in Gachibowli.
Not sure how it is with the other dealers.
db DrivE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 15:34   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpm View Post
Do you happen to have any backup plans in case Tata's performance in the other product portfolios turns out to be deceptive? Just curious.
Nope. Sometimes all you need is a leap of faith. Anyways, I'm crisscrossing Tamil Nadu in 2019 model Thar and I'm pretty sure Safari 2021 is a way safer bet
Neil Roy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 15:42   #610
rpm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
Nope. Sometimes all you need is a leap of faith. Anyways, I'm crisscrossing Tamil Nadu in 2019 model Thar and I'm pretty sure Safari 2021 is a way safer bet
Perhaps. Good luck to you for your future purchase.
Old 15th March 2021, 22:14   #611
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nainan View Post
Could this be the result of semiconductor shortages which is limiting the plant capacity. If yes I assume the departments should not be very stressed. Anyways kudos to TML they have really upped their game.
Seems like only their CV division is hit by the shortage.

https://www.livemint.com/companies/n...705539926.html
discoverwild is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2021, 14:11   #612

Hello guys!

I’ve taken two long 1 hour each test drives of the auto Safari as of today and I’m still on the fence about booking this car.

I currently drive a 2017 Ciaz Manual Diesel, have clocked about 40k kms on it and looking to add another car for long drives.

Test drove the Seltos and felt it’s much smaller compared to the Tata siblings though definitely polished and featured packed. I didn’t enjoy the drive much.

Drove the Hector and liked the stance and the features of the car but the petrol auto didn’t feel exciting enough.

The new gen Creta’s design is too much for me to digest so that hasn’t been considered at all.

The Safari was driven by both my wife and me in small lanes of Bandra and on the sea link and in bumper to bumper traffic. I was pleasantly surprised with how the suspension just ironed out everything and the drive was very comfortable. I was also able to push the car to insane speeds on the link and it managed it quite well for its size.

The doubt lies between the Harrier dark edition top model or the Safari Blue top model. Both automatics.

I’ve got a quote of 26L on road in Mumbai and delivery within 4 weeks for the bench seat option for the safari and 6 weeks for the harrier dark edition.

Will update if I go ahead with the booking.
Really looking forward to an ownership review on the forum ��
Old 16th March 2021, 21:32   #613
BANNED

As I said once, it is good, modern, nice to drive, feature loaded, comfortable, and better to drive too.

Is is indeed a 'Tata Safari' in multiple manners, but, it is NOT 'That Safari'!

Not only the long wheelbase, just look how the front wheels are struggling for the grip even in initial parts. I hope now many will understand why we guys advocate the RWD for the SUVs. Had it been a RWD with a live axle and decent wheel articulation, this obstacle was a cakewalk. A Hexa would do this easily guys.

VKumar is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 18:02   #614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
. A Hexa would do this easily guys.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=9YE_TC8WAkw
Limitations of this Safari notwithstanding, could a better driver pulled it out of this situation, I wonder?
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 18:13   #615
BHPian

Went to take delivery of my cousin's Altroz and there were 4 Safaris waiting to be delivered the next day, the adventure persona variant looks really good up close.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Tata Safari Review-img_20210315_174158.jpg  

yesyeswe is offline   (15) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks