Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2021, 17:51   #571
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

I finally got a test drive yesterday. The dealership brought the 6 seater version.
My observations were:
1. The white interior looks premium as compared to the brown in the Harrier but gets dirty very easily. The TD vehicle seats were already soiled.
2. I found the space in the second row to be not as much as the Harrier. Seat set in my comfortable position (height - 5’11) for the front row, when I sat in the second row, the space left was barely 4 inches. I didn’t even try getting in the third row. I still want to check the bench version as that’s the one I have booked.
3. Driving and performance wise the car is brilliant. Sports mode is quite fun too.
4. The car in reality is not much bigger than the harrier in terms of length and overall dimension. It won’t be much of a problem in cities.

The SA still wasn’t sure when my vehicle will be allotted or when I would get the delivery, even though I had made the booking in January itself. He had promised a delivery date of 11th March earlier.
My booking is for a Daytona grey XZA+. He mentioned that switching to Adventure might help in getting the vehicle quicker.

2021 Tata Safari Review-56ba953052d84df98700bbefd58ff8e5.jpeg

2021 Tata Safari Review-deb9d7afe01a4f9798eb5052ecb8631c.jpeg
ashish2135 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 18:14   #572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by db DrivE View Post
I have been quoted an insurance for 105623 from the dealership for the XZA+ model.
Is it reasonable?
The offer I have received from the dealer is for Rs. 1,11,367. This is the basic insurance without Key protection, engine protection or Personal belonging.

I got another offer from Future General for almost 76k with key protect and engine protect. I’ve told my SA about the huge difference and he said it is compulsory to get the Insurance from the dealer as TATA doesn’t allow outside insurance.
Old 10th March 2021, 19:09   #573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish2135 View Post
The offer I have received from the dealer is for Rs. 1,11,367. This is the basic insurance without Key protection, engine protection or Personal belonging.

I got another offer from Future General for almost 76k with key protect and engine protect. I’ve told my SA about the huge difference and he said it is compulsory to get the Insurance from the dealer as TATA doesn’t allow outside insurance.
I am planning to book Adventure edition of ZA+ in 1-2 days, I have been quoted 95K for insurance. However I have been quoted 73K by HDFC Ergo inclusive of engine protect. Dealership I visited in Delhi has no issues with outside insurance.

I am in market without any research as my Innova Crysta got stolen (CCTV Footage: My Innova Crysta ZX AT got stolen in Delhi) few days back. Any insight in maintenance issues I might face in future will be highly helpful. I have had made up mind but many close one warns me that I might have horrid maintenance issue with Tata.

Last edited by dinesha : 10th March 2021 at 19:15.
Old 10th March 2021, 19:18   #574
BHPian

Quote:

Hey buddy. Same here.
Got a quote of around 80k all inclusive on policybazaar as suggested by another fellow bhpian in the earlier post. The policy was from United India.
Spoke about this with the SA and he seems to be okay with taking it from outside.
Old 10th March 2021, 20:16   #575
Team-BHP Support

The top of line Alcazar better be at least 3-4 lakh cheaper than the top of line safari. Just on engine alone the safari clearly feels a clear segment above. Add to that the excellent ride quality that these Tata offerings bring to the table, its going to be an interesting battle in this entire segment.

Of course the pull of the Hyundai brand in this particular sub segment and the creta brand value within the Hyundai family are going to be strong value adds for the Alcazar to leverage off.
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 21:01   #576
BANNED

Quote:

There was a similar discussion on "buy insurance from the dealer" , by another bhpian , in that case it as a MG. The dealer even denied to sell the car if "insurance" was not purchased from dealership.
So, this phenomenon is more to do with procuring insurance margin.
Since, TATA customer care responds quickly, you may consider dropping a note on your choice and options to exercise.
Old 10th March 2021, 22:24   #577
BHPian

Quote:

There's no such rule, dealers make a good margin on insurance that's why they want to sell their insurance, ask them to give in writing that tata don't allow outside insurance or tell them you'll go to another dealership.

The important covers are nill depp/zero zero, consumables cover, Road side assistance , engine-gearbox cover if you live in a flood prone area, that's all. But don't forget zero depp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinesha View Post
I am planning to book Adventure edition of ZA+ in 1-2 days, I have been quoted 95K for insurance. However I have been quoted 73K by HDFC Ergo inclusive of engine protect. Dealership I visited in Delhi has no issues with outside insurance.
With TATA there's a small chance that there might be some small quality control issue, but most of them get rectified easily at the service center. The initial batches of harrier had issues but most of them got rectified with the 2020 update. Even here on our forum there are so many happy customers of TATA, I myself have booked one as well. So go ahead with the purchase.
With outside insurance just remember to take zero depp, consumable cover, Road side assistance and engine-gearbox if you live in a flood prone area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by db DrivE View Post
Hey buddy. Same here.
Got a quote of around 80k all inclusive on policybazaar as suggested by another fellow bhpian in the earlier post. The policy was from United India.
Spoke about this with the SA and he seems to be okay with taking it from outside.
Make sure the insurance policy covers zero depp, consumables, Road side assistance and engine-gearbox cover if you live in a flood prone area.

Recently a bhpian bought outside insurance for his Gloster and didn't opt for zero depp cover, now he is looking at fat bill which he has to pay himself
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 22:42   #578
BHPian

Latest price with all the bells and whistles at Delhi. I hope it helps.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Tata Safari Review-962199d3ff7d4198aba44fab8d4669e1.jpeg  

Last edited by dinesha : 10th March 2021 at 22:44.
dinesha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2021, 01:27   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaikalra01 View Post
Last year at the Auto Expo, Tata Motors' CTO Mr. Rajendra Petkar had said that a 1.5 litre turbo petrol was in the development stages. Any possibility of that here?

https://Youtu.be/lsJY0L8-7eA
I spoke to a friend of mine who works in Tata Motors. According to him a petrol engine is not in the any immediate plans for at least one year. As the current diesel engine is proven they don’t seem to be in a hurry for a petrol mill
Ajith-s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2021, 07:38   #580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I
I am in market without any research as my Innova Crysta got stolen[/url] few days back. Any insight in maintenance issues I might face in future will be highly helpful. I have had made up mind but many close one warns me that I might have horrid maintenance issue with Tata.
Absolutely sorry for your loss, Dinesha.

How many of those close ones have actually had a Tata and when? I do come across as a fanboy to many here but I'm not. A Vista is the only car I drive now and occassionally my brother's Ritz. Have had plenty of kms under the belt with the old gen Tatas and none of them have left me stranded anywhere (except one freak incident which was not the car's fault) nor have they been heavy on the pocket. I expect the newer cars to be only better. Most of what you hear will be "I know a friend's friend" or "My brother's wife's uncle's so and so". Every manufacturer has his fair share of niggles.

Plus you have the advantage of extended warranty and maintenance packages to make your ownership hassle-free.
discoverwild is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 11th March 2021, 08:34   #581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any insight in maintenance issues I might face in future will be highly helpful. I have had made up mind but many close one warns me that I might have horrid maintenance issue with Tata.
I have a contrary view. If you have the budget, please upgrade with in the Toyota stable itself. A Tata has more probability of making you visit the service centre. Sure the service centre will fix it, but Tata will not take responsibility of the downtime you faced. A wasted day every now and then in the service centre has a cost.

Sure there will be Tata owners without a single warranty replacements and there will be Toyota owners with warranty replacements, but the probability is higher in case of a Tata. The extra 4 lakhs you pay for the Innova is the cost of lower probability of wasted days at service center for warranty replacements.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 11th March 2021 at 08:36.
padmrajravi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 11th March 2021, 08:40   #582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
. The extra 4 lakhs you pay for the Innova is the cost of lower probability of wasted days at service center for warranty replacements.
...and just a caution deposit ,most of which is recoverable at resale.

Observing and living Tata's from the first batch Nano (lucky draw in Chennai) and first batch Storme (in Delhi) I ve been visiting TATA ASS more than I wouldve liked.

Tata as a company and their product lineup has elevated itself and gradually matured to international standards of design and product. They deserve all the praise for that. But at the customer facing touch points, I ve still found much to be wanting at many occasions. While I see some dealerships and service centers making an effort to dress up formally and follow some trained check off list while interacting with customers , there is still a large grey cloud of 'sarkaari' vibe looming up above with tints of complacency and streaks of apathy towards the customer.
The last decade has seen improvement, but still hit or miss.

I would still go for the Safari, but reminding myself of all this, if I still love the product. If I had the budget and like the Innova (without a sunroof and a 'SUV' tag ), I would go for that Toyota.

Last edited by vigneshkumar31 : 11th March 2021 at 08:55.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 11th March 2021, 09:00   #583
BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to book Adventure edition of ZA+ in 1-2 days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
I have a contrary view. If you have the budget, please upgrade with in the Toyota stable itself.
Really sorry about your loss, Dinesha.

That said,
I beg to differ - You should get the Safari - It looks better, drives better, is newer and has more features. The money you save will more than make up for IF any unforeseen breakdown happens, which they shouldn't.

TML has matured as a manufacturer and you don't need to think on those terms anymore. If you like the Safari, which you clearly do, go ahead and get it. It'll be a good change from the Innova
DeKay is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th March 2021, 17:35   #584
BHPian

Quote:
No, my friend Safari is not for you. The very fact that you were a Innova owner means that you you don't belong to the Tata owners club. I have had absolutely 0 issues with my Tata but somewhere behind I know that murphy can strike at any time. Not saying it wont happen with a Crysta but the chances are pretty low.

One can say Tata is making good cars now but Toyota is making them globally for decades. Their dedication and respect towards their job of building cars is a lot more when compared to Tata. If the price difference was say 7 or 10 lakhs we can argue for Tata but with 3-4 lakhs Crysta is a no brainer.
krishnakarthik1 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 08:37   #585
BHPian

The "Safari" continues it legacy. CISF.
Source
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Tata Safari Review-cisf.jpg  

udaikalra01 is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks