Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2021, 12:24   #421
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

You mirror our thoughts. This Adventure variant has our hearts, indeed. I was worried about maintaining the pristine white seats, and the sand colour seems nicer. By the way, that music is from an iconic movie; Requiem For A Dream
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aish_4761 View Post
can you turn your mind away from that iconic music?
Sebring is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 12:25   #422
BHPian

Can someone confirm if the 7 seater version has a proper 3 point seat belt for the 2nd row middle passenger?

Also is the XZA version available with black seats?

I see a lot of conflicting info and a trusted source would help. Thank you all.

Last edited by manson : 26th February 2021 at 09:31. Reason: Typo.
Old 25th February 2021, 13:45   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandabear View Post
Can someone confirm if the 7 seater version has a proper 3 point seat belt for the 2nd row middle passenger?

Also is the XZA version available with black seats?

I see a lot of conflicting info and a trusted source would help. Thank you all.
The answer to both your queries would be 'No' if we go as per the Specification details shared here till now.
Infact TATA till date doesn't have any car that has a 3-point seatbelt for a the middle passenger on the rear seat. Probably holds true even for the headrest for the middle passenger as well. Cannot recollect any TATA car having the middle headrest as well.

Cheers,
Mayank

Last edited by manson : 26th February 2021 at 09:31. Reason: Corrected typo in quote.
zadoom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 16:26   #424
BHPian

Looks like the Tropical Mist colour is available in the normal Safari also.

Only the Adventure Persona Edition gets the blacked out treatment and interiors however.

I do love the White interiors and it uplifts the mood to suit a 25 lakh car, but it must be a nightmare to maintain.

The practical brown interiors of the Adventure version paired with the blacked out centre fascia makes things a little gloomy IMHO and pulls down the premium quotient. Have to see it in flesh to decide.

If confident of maintaining the seats, one could always buy the XZA+ in Tropical Mist with the white interiors and black out the bits outside aftermarket within the 21k difference. Either way the chrome bling is a no no for me.

2021 Tata Safari Review-screen-shot-20210225-4.18.12-pm.png

2021 Tata Safari Review-screen-shot-20210225-4.20.30-pm.png
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 19:07   #425
BHPian

Has anybody heard of when the deliveries are going to start? I had pre-booked but the dealer here in Pune is clueless when the vehicles for delivery will arrive.
Old 25th February 2021, 19:25   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeBeans View Post
Has anybody heard of when the deliveries are going to start? I had pre-booked but the dealer here in Pune is clueless when the vehicles for delivery will arrive.
Which dealer you have booked with? I have booked with Saibaba Auto wheels in PCMC and I have been given a timeframe of 3-4 weeks.
varman742 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 19:49   #427
BHPian

2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeBeans View Post
My dealer here in Hyderabad is expecting the stocks to arrive either in the first or second week and is ready to commence deliveries. My booking is the first in his dealership and I will update once I receive any news here.

However I have seen a new white one on roads yesterday.
Seemed like a delivered vehicle.

Last edited by manson : 26th February 2021 at 09:32. Reason: Deleted empty row.
db DrivE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 20:05   #428
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari A/T: Review & S.W.O.T. Analysis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sran View Post
What is your opinion in comparison to Hexa? I have owned a dicor, was once looking to switch to Hexa but couldn't so it would be good to know about which one is better in terms of ride, suspension and handling.
Hey, I haven't driven the Hexa to be honest so won't be able to comment on that. but mostly on TEAM-BHP people have loved the Ride of the Hexa. Handling wise this gen. Safari would be better considering its a more modern chassis.

PS - Trust Hexa owners won't start debating

Quote:
Your video was good to watch.

If I may offer an unsolicited opinion
Thanks for your appreciation & feedback.
Old 25th February 2021, 23:21   #429
Senior - BHPian

New Tata Safari deliveries begin.

Tata Motors delivered the first all-new Tata Safari to Parmish Verma in Punjab. It's is a top-end XZA+ variant, finished in a shade of Daytona Grey.

2021 Tata Safari Review-20210225_231806.jpg

2021 Tata Safari Review-20210225_231815.jpg

Link

Last edited by manson : 26th February 2021 at 09:33. Reason: Typo.
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 23:28   #430
Distinguished - BHPian

First Safari in Daytona Grey delivered in Punjab to Actor, Singer and Director Parmish Verma.

2021 Tata Safari Review-dec901bc51cc4ca49953dd9323bea02f.jpeg

2021 Tata Safari Review-a1c17bca0a484bc5a3b35f627d7639a6.jpeg

2021 Tata Safari Review-e14f013c9f284f84be7c945244afd914.jpeg

2021 Tata Safari Review-0c2c9150884745f3b6babfa001799b27.jpeg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLuOuzcg...=140igu2lxo40g
CEF_Beasts is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 23:58   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
The video from which I took these screengrabs is:
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=g3LyB-2em-U
Am I the only one here who thinks that the new ad is lousy. That 12 year old ad appeals way more than the new one. With a stunning product like the new safari, I think they could have done much better with the story telling.

At times I feel that the PR @TaMo has a bit of split personality, from witty puns on competition to lousy product promos, something’s amiss.

That said, safari does hit the chord, I waited for good 18 months for this car to come out. By the time I did, I had moved on with the Thar. Looking at the renewed enthusiasm in this thread, it appears like TaMo has another feather in the cap.
Rajiv0909 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 03:01   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajiv0909 View Post
Am I the only one here who thinks that the new ad is lousy. That 12 year old ad appeals way more than the new one. With a stunning product like the new safari, I think they could have done much better with the story telling.

At times I feel that the PR @TaMo has a bit of split personality, from witty puns on competition to lousy product promos, something’s amiss.

That said, safari does hit the chord, I waited for good 18 months for this car to come out. By the time I did, I had moved on with the Thar. Looking at the renewed enthusiasm in this thread, it appears like TaMo has another feather in the cap.
Agree with you. I think it's just the nostalgia chord that has been strung hard. The old 'reclaim your life' was an outstanding commercial. It came out when most of us were growing up and drooling over it. Also, full props to Tata for piggybacking on it. They have given back to people the name and a beautifully packed car, to us enthusiasts.
creative420 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 04:47   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navneet_kaur View Post
What is the tyre size of Tata Safari?
It must be 235/60/18 for the top models, as harrier comes with 235/65/17
Stolidus500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 06:32   #434
Senior - BHPian

I think the era of great ads are long gone. With brand managers thinking only of the next quarter, and Ad bosses pandering to them - creativity has taken the back seat. Name one great commercial you have seen, of late
Quote:
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 08:38   #435
BANNED

Quote:
Am I the only one here who thinks that the new ad is lousy.
You are indeed right, for me, the only moment that sealed it was when it splashes the water, for once you feel the shadow of the Safari passing through it. Let's give them the credit where they have done something phenomenal.

The older ad had the capability of enticing the feeling, those were the real 9-5 days of our country, after the recession, the IT industry was growing even quicker, everyone was more or less into the same cubicle life, students like me, were preparing for it. It could establish that kind of connect. These days, half of the country is working from home, people are now going on outings, because they are craving for one. Probably the reason, they opted for a more focus on what the product in itself is, and not how it changes your life. In older case, the focus was on how it's going to change your life, and not only what the product is.

Quote:
That said, safari does hit the chord
In my case, yes. Imagine going to your class 12th farewell driving a Tata Safari in 2009. Those were the days when Safari meant clout, coolness, status, attitude. I have more memories associated to Safari, than to Scorpio, or Innova. Even the friends used to say "Bhai Safari se chalenge (Bro, let's go by Safari)", everywhere. First trip to Pangong Tso was done in Safari, just a few months after the 3 Idiots release, Scorpio or Innova could also be used, Innova was the car I had the longest ownership of, but Safari gave the memories, Innova was a point A to point B no nonsense car. Friends always wanted to be driven around in Safari. That nose dive, that soft suspension, enough space to fit in 10-12 class 12th students - it's not the car in itself, it's the feeling that owning one gave you back then; which made the Safari special.

So yes, here Tata has tried to bring back those memories, but they have to focus on the product too now, highlighting the product too. What they had in older Safari other than a box and an engine? Customers demand more now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Agree with you. I think it's just the nostalgia chord that has been strung hard
I know multiple people who moved from Safari to Scorpio, Crysta, Creta and all, nearly everyone either a politician or a contractor.

Whenever I ask them, which one was the worst of all, every single time the answer was Safari, from lack of features, to FE, to maintenance, to turning circle, to brakes; people had multiple complaints. You ask them if they will buy it again, or if they are missing it - mostly the answer was yes. The experience a Safari gave you for the money, they way you felt behind the wheel by giving out just 10-12 lac was something that people loved.

Quote:
The old 'reclaim your life' was an outstanding commercial.
As already said, IMO it is simply the difference between the focus of commercial. In B Schools, we all read case studies on difference between the focal points. If you are sure that your product ill give a wonderful experience, focus on it. Look at Citroen, they don;t talk about power, space, features, they talk about the experience, the ride quality the product offers.

Similarly, older 'Reclaim Your Life', ad was focused on what owning a Safari means, now it is more about "what the product is and what you can do with it". But, with the way our buyers have become feature focused, it has become important for the manufacturers also to show the same. Had they not adulterated the ad with the features, elements, new lifestyle, probably customers never focused on the product - older Reclaim was just an ad based on what the product offers, now it is based on, what the product is and what it can help you achieve.

Example: Don't we all love Durex ads? They are exceptionally creative in digital marketing. But they advertise the product, and it's utility in a funny manner, but not the experience or not how the product can change your life (they can't advertise it either). You watch the ad, laugh over it, share it, and forget it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I think the era of great ads are long gone. With brand managers thinking only of the next quarter, and Ad bosses pandering to them - creativity has taken the back seat. Name one great commercial you have seen, of late
100% agree, loved your post - word to word.

In the past we had a few wonderful ads:
  • Maruti Suzuki - Ghar aa gaya Hindustan
  • Maruti Suzuki - Papa petrol khatm hi ni honda (Dad, petrol doesn't get over)
  • Tata - Reclaim Your Life
  • Mahindra - Live Young Live Free

Look at this example:
Live Young Live free V1, was a rage. It was a case study in all leading B Schools, customers loved it, even critics loved it.

Then they made this, Version 2. What happened? It bombed so badly that neither it got views, nor anyone appreciated it. In fact, in the Live Young Live Free V1, the Youtube comments are ON, but for V2, they had to turn off the comments too, why? Nobody liked it!
VKumar is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks