Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2021, 10:44   #376
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
Spec sheet
I still feel though - an XM that isn't "cheap" - doesn't get basics like Android auto & Apple car play. These kind of stupid mistakes are not forgivable if one wants to actually make good sales. With these features - the XM would set sales charts on fire. XT gets these - but there is a significant price bump also. Its high-time that Tata merge the XM and XT into a single right-priced (=XM) variant for the Harrier and Safari. I feel it will make a huge difference in the sales numbers.
Quote:
Saw this in the brochure. Is this a phone holder that also doubles up as a Wireless charger?
A front cam as an accessory. Looking forward to the review of this cam.
For a car as pricey as the Safari/Harrier - such items MUST come as a factory feature with a good integration. After-market accessory fitment is just not the right approach for this. In fact its a reminder of what all they forgot about, when designing such an important product IMHO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshkumar31 View Post
Is there any mention of the GNCAP safety ratings? Odd that they've not gone guns blazing with this possible USP.
The car is not yet tested. Since they have not gone all guns blazing, there remains a significant doubt if there is some chink in the armor. For a company that is trying to sell products with safety as the USP, this sure is a glaring gap.

Last edited by Reinhard : 23rd February 2021 at 10:45.
Reinhard is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 10:57   #377
BHPian

Safari Adventure in HQ is out officially:

Loved the video. And that color shade looks dope!
Funny is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 11:29   #378
BHPian

Adventure persona looks stunning. The pricing is great too. Overall this has been a fantastic product launch by Tata. Had the sarkari uncles given way to the younger folks at Tata during the launch it would have been even better.

From the change of name to the gradual build up of enthusiasm to the beautiful ads. We know they are listening and want to give us what we want. But this 'reclaim your life music' has taken it to the next level.

Wishing all the buyers many happy miles. This will succeed for sure. Just keep the showroom expectations low and understand you are buying the car and not the salesman. It being mentioned on the Fortuner forums itself shows how much its punching above its weight. Safari is already a success in my books.
krishnakarthik1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 11:29   #379
BHPian

Re: All-new Tata Safari launched at Rs. 14.69 lakh

Quote:

Also good to see a Dash cam as an accessory !
Attachment 2124705

Accessory kits:
https://cars.tatamotors.com/images/s..._catalogue.pdf
I am confused. On the official website they say "*Roof Rails are functional (can carry load upto 75kg) in Non Sunroof Variants." while on the above pic its clearly an XZA+ Adventure with a roof luggage carrier which has a sunroof
Old 23rd February 2021, 11:32   #380
BHPian

Can anyone comment on how the terrain responses on the Harrier/Safari perform compared to?
- an AWD
- a proper 4x4
Old 23rd February 2021, 11:44   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puntOOs View Post
Can anyone comment on how the terrain responses on the Harrier/Safari perform compared to?
- an AWD
- a proper 4x4
Let me Quantitatively answer this question - My experience with Hexa Drive Modes.

Drive Modes = Smart ESP Functions.

So then 4*2 Front Wheel Drive < 4*2 Front Wheel Drive with Drive Modes < 4*2 Rear Wheel Drive with Drive Modes < AWD < 4*4 with all assortments like Diff Locks etc.

Other more experienced members can share their views.

Drive Modes will help you in few tricky situations but not a good idea to try something hardcore.
swarnava.ch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 12:13   #382
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post
Drive modes, in the layman terms, is a simple electronic replacement of experience. They electronically modulate the throttle for you, like an experienced driver will do under different situations.

For any new driver, the tricky situations, like slippery surface or a stuck vehicle means 'go full throttle', that's exactly where the drive modes help you cut the power that goes to the road, for maintaining the grip.

Example:
During a recent snow drive, we encountered a lot of ice on the road. A picture from the same drive is attached:
2021 Tata Safari Review-ice-drive.jpeg

In the situations where the vehicles slip sideways, or lose grip while climbing the incline on the ice, nothing can help. But, any car equipped with TCS, along with the drive modes and of course a decent set of tyres, can assure that you cross the sections which has slight incline with slippery surface. The terrain response simply makes the ESP a bit more aggressive. You don't have a differential lock, but it tries to lock the slipping wheel, to send the power to the wheel with a higher grip.

Cars like Seltos, Creta etc were still struggling with a lot of wheelspin, but the likes of Hexa etc were taking the route quite gracefully at slow pace. The weight of the Hexa helps a lot, especially when loaded with passengers, but we saw a Harrier too moving around with slight wheelspin and some sideways slips, which is absolutely normal. The Innova crysta cabs (GX trims, no ESP or TCS) were facing more issues than the likes of Hexa, Harrier etc there, it was a Sunday and multiple tourists were coming to Mussoorie for the drive.

So, the terrain response modes definitely do work, I have observed them working. Though they can't replace even an experienced driver at all, but the modes help the novices reach the places, where they could probably never reach without this assist. During the same snow drive, this brand new Seltos driver was in the full throttle mode on the ice, turning the wheel and trying to move ahead, with front wheels spinning to glory. I approached him, told him to reverse six inches, and then try to move ahead without touching the accelerator, multiple attempts and the car covered the patch, even the ESP also helps you when you drive sensibly and in an experienced manner - you can notice it assisting you, but not under the 'I will go pedal to metal' way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puntOOs View Post
- an AWD
- a proper 4x4
None, they don't come close to even a proper MLD or diff lock equipped 4X2, forget the AWD and 4x4 stuff altogether. As already said above, they are just an assist for the drivers with lesser experience of the poor terrain or poor surface. When it's minor slip, they will lock the slipping wheel by using brake force, some other such trickery, that's it, game ends there itself.

Assist and experience can help you go quite far, but can't replace the mechanical advantage. Can it?

Last edited by VKumar : 23rd February 2021 at 12:29.
VKumar is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 12:16   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post
Let me Quantitatively answer this question - My experience with Hexa Drive Modes.

So then 4*2 Front Wheel Drive < 4*2 Front Wheel Drive with Drive Modes < 4*2 Rear Wheel Drive with Drive Modes < AWD < 4*4 with all assortments like Diff Locks etc.

Other more experienced members can share their views.

Drive Modes will help you in few tricky situations but not a good idea to try something hardcore.
With the FWD setup and the low ground clearance , I doubt if the Safari / Harrier can be thrown into hardcore stuff even if they get AWD hardware. It does help one to get some confidence in reclaiming lives though and going a bit more off the dusty trail with a glowing adventure persona.

There are some detailed YouTube videos on the Harrier 14 ESP functions explained well. Verdict is that it does help one out of tricky situations but never a replacement for AWD hardware.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 12:34   #384
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Tata for launching Safari at good, competitive price. Most of the things for new Safari are spot on. Only thing missing for me is boot space. It's the only main thing missing one can find in the new car, apart from that, everything looks just great. Not sure why Tata didn't pay much attention to boot space.

All the best Tata for new Safari.
Old 23rd February 2021, 12:46   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Check this Safari Adventure TVC, and wait for the ending! This is an official one shared by Pratap Bose but not on YouTube yet. Has been shared by someone else.

https://Youtu.be/iDnOIYASLts

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CLluWWY...d=td0qsnjf6qr7
WOW, this is the kind of Ads Safari is all about.
I absolutely love the ending and that music brings back the memories of the erstwhile Safari ads.
Reclaim your life.
There was one more music... Vakakaka with the red safari.
v_safari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 13:02   #386
BHPian

I had been to the showroom yesterday to check out the Safari, was expecting it to be packed with people, but surprised to find it nearly empty. To add to it, the sales guys were nothing to write home about. They were dull, non enthusiastic and just answered when I asked questions. And I was appalled when this guy couldn't even list all the differences between Harrier and Safari.

It was a feeling of being unwelcome at the place. While the car looked smashing, I could only look and not experience anything since the battery was dead. The next shocker was they did not have the AT TD vehicle and the reason being that the vehicle was sent to service!! Isn't it a basic expectation to have everything ready on the day of your price launch? Is it that hard to plan these things? Either these guys are seriously mismanaged or they don't give a hoot about making sales.

TML might have scored well on the product itself and hit a home run with the ads and generate footfalls, the dealer experience will for sure shoot down all the interest, for that is what at least I felt.

Last edited by luvurride : 23rd February 2021 at 13:05.
luvurride is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 13:13   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
TML might have scored well on the product itself and hit a home run with the ads and generate footfalls, the dealer experience will for sure shoot down all the interest, for that is what at least I felt.
Noticed you are from Bangalore. I had gotten in touch with KHT Motors for checking out the Safari(never had to go to the showroom). They got both the MT & the AT to my place for a test ride within a day and were very enthusiastic. It infact was even better than my Hexa test drive experience. They also sent me the price list yesterday as soon as it was announced and were prompt in answering any queries. The salesperson I interacted with was Ms. Reema and I must say that she made the whole experience a breeze. I am working a few things out but rest assured when I put my money down I am planning to give them some positive feedback about the experience and recommend this person.
nainan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 13:22   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nainan View Post
Noticed you are from Bangalore. I had gotten in touch with KHT Motors for checking out the Safari(never had to go to the showroom).
That is good to know. But I visited KHT motors too! While there could be some stars in the team, I would expect the entire team to be well trained and prepared. Yes, the TD vehicle need to be serviced, but then, the timing - why would you send on the day of price launch?
luvurride is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 13:48   #389

How many colors is Tata Safari 2021 available in?
Old 23rd February 2021, 13:51   #390
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
Yes, the TD vehicle need to be serviced, but then, the timing - why would you send on the day of price launch?
Take such responses in any dealership of any brand - with a pinch of salt. Often the car is actually out for other reasons. It might be on a long distance TD with some customer, taken to a customer's home on the other side of the town for a door-step TD (I have been a beneficiary of these), or its sent to another branch of the dealership for that day. Or - they are simply yet to get a TD car of that combination.

These responses that the showroom staff give are scripted / learnt with wisdom - to ensure minimal follow-on Q&A on the same point with the customer. They try to close the discussion with the least embarrassing response .
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks