Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2021, 11:21   #901
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbhat2 View Post
The first service of my vehicle is due by the end of this month. .... With the ongoing lockdown in Karnataka, I'm guessing all the service centers would be non operational in Bangalore or Mysore..
Yes, the service centres are closed. Last year, in the same situation, the dates for mandatory service were extended. It would be the same this year too. So not to worry.

Does the first service involve an oil change ? or only check up ?
condor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 14:47   #902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbhat2 View Post

Wanted to check if any of the members have been in a similar situation with TATA motors and how it was handled.
I have an email communication from Tata customer on extension of 2 months period for first service. However, have only a verbal communication(from Customer care manager, Tata Motors) on running beyond 2k before first service and not voiding future warranty claims.Ended up closing it by sending a email response stating the phone conversation. Hope they stick to that as i have extended warranty too.
maddyg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 14:59   #903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varunmohan View Post
Hi Safari owners,
=====
Is it consistent with all that TATA only provides one PEPS key with the car?

Thanks
For an April manufactured Harrier XT+, received one smart key and a separate emergency key. As per SA, new practise for other models too.
Old 17th May 2021, 16:44   #904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by db DrivE View Post
Received 2 keys. No manual keys received.
Seems like a cost cutting measure incase it is happening with the newer cars.
Thanks db Drive. Might be for you the manual keys are inside the PEPS key. The sales executive showed me a compartment which can be opened and the manual key can be inserted inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi1990 View Post
Also, we recently bought Nexon, and there as well, we received two remote keys and no mechanical keys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
I got two PEPS keys (Passive Entry Passive Start) with mechanical key embedded inside along with my XZA+ Adventure, your dealer is acting fishy, escalate to TATA directly ASAP!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endofdayz View Post
Hi All,
However to cater more customers with cars, they are sending one keys so that they can cater two customers. the second key will comes once lockdown eases and no shortage of semiconductor.
Thanks Abhi1990, AirWind and Endofdayz for your valuable inputs.
I called up TATA customer care but was told that they would have no information about how many remote key comes with SAFARI XZA+ and redirected me to the dealer (which was strange!).

Instead of calling the SA, I called up the Sales manager citing that the executive told me that only one key comes with the car. He explained the same semiconductor issue and told me that TATA is slowly arranging deliveries of the second key. Since we are in lockdown and dealership is closed, he asked for invoice on whatsapp which he sent to his PDI team. They will be arranging the second key after lockdown.

I also complained about iRA not working and was told that a KYC needs to be done to enable it, again which something the SA should have told about while delivering the car in April. SM was very helpful. Took all documents on whatsapp and got the KYC done in 2 hours and informed that iRA would be enabled in 3-4 days.

Thanks a lot fellow BHPians for the help. Otherwise I would have kept wondering about the second key !
Varunmohan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 18:22   #905
BHPian

Thanks Abhi1990, AirWind and Endofdayz for your valuable inputs.
I called up TATA customer care but was told that they would have no information about how many remote key comes with SAFARI XZA+ and redirected me to the dealer (which was strange!).

Thank you for this information. As i am going to take delivery of my XZA+ in coming week, will keep an eye on this point.
Abhi1990 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2021, 10:56   #906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Does the first service involve an oil change ? or only check up ?
Just a check up for 1st service in 2 months / 2K KMs and 2nd service in 6 months / 7.5K KM's. Oil change only during the 3rd service at 1 yr / 15K KM's. All service due based on date or odo whichever happens earlier - but with this pandemic it would be the former
Old 20th May 2021, 23:02   #907
BHPian

Updating this thread after inputs on roof rack carrier on the sunroof variant. Hoping it will benefit others who are going to book the Safari.

I had booked XZA+ in Feb and was still waiting for delivery. All this while, I had this nagging concern about the paltry 73L boot space and was hoping that a roof rack can be fitted, despite the sunroof. We tend to travel with extended family or friends and bootspace is crucial.

After inputs from this wonderful group, concluded that roof rack carrier cannot be fitted on sunroof variant and have changed the booking to XZA and will buy the roof rack accessory.

Dealer told me that I might join the queue as a new entrant and will lose current priority. I guess it is okay to wait for few more months and get the best suited variant.

My daughter will miss the sunroof for sure and she is not thrilled.
gk.pavan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st May 2021, 09:44   #908
BHPian

Hello all. I got delivery of my grey safari XZA yesterday. It was delivered after a wait of 50 days. I was promised delivery within 20 days but was delayed due to pandemic.

Dealer got the car in their stockyard in the morning and I did PDI at noon. In the next two hours I was delivered my car. Although I was happy with the fast delivery, I think they skipped the mandatory PDI on their part.

I received the car with single PEPS key and 2 manual keys.

Really surprised to have got the car delivered with the correct tyre pressure.

Still have to receive receipts for RTO, local corporation tax and the extended warranty certificate.

I have to slam the doors real hard to close it. Guess it is some setting problem. Will be taking the car back to service station to rectify it.

Overall this was the worst delivery experience of the 8 cars I bought in last decade.But on positive side I got discount of 73000/- from their list price.

Last edited by drjanakpatel : 21st May 2021 at 09:50. Reason: Additional information
drjanakpatel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st May 2021, 18:40   #909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjanakpatel View Post
I received the car with single PEPS key and 2 manual keys.

Overall this was the worst delivery experience of the 8 cars I bought in last decade.But on positive side I got discount of 73000/- from their list price.
Congratulations for the new car and wish you many happy miles with this beauty. Quick question-for 1 peps Key, did they promised to give the 2nd one once the lockdown eases?

Also, for the discount, I have heard it for the first time that dealer is giving discount on new safari.
Old 22nd May 2021, 00:08   #910
BHPian

Painful wait continues [/h3]

As stated in the earlier post, I had booked adventure version on 23 February 2021. After multiple attempts to get at least the chassis no , the only thing I could achieve is , to be first in the waiting. And this status quo is since 12 April 2021.
As suggested by fellow BHPians, I escalated the matter to customer care of TML. Got a customary reply from them that they would follow up with the dealership. But no further progress.
Now I have contacted General Manager Custmor care . She told me that not a single car in adventure version has been billed by the plant for Puneet motors , since April 13.
However I have seen pics of adventure delivery on official Insta handle of Tata Safari. They must be from different dealers, across the country. But what is the reason for not billing a single car for more than a month for a particular dealership. I’m scratching my head for any plausible explanation.
The wait is going to be three months now. Has anyone else faced similar problems.
Old 22nd May 2021, 01:14   #911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi1990 View Post
Congratulations for the new car and wish you many happy miles with this beauty. Quick question-for 1 peps Key, did they promised to give the 2nd one once the lockdown eases
Actually I haven't asked about the second PEPS key. I came to know about the issue after reading previous posts here. Will ask for it when I visit them.
drjanakpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2021, 09:52   #912

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitSat View Post
She told me that not a single car in adventure version has been billed by the plant for Puneet motors , since April 13.
I booked the XZA+ Adventure Persona on 11th March . On 26th March was asked to pay the full amount stating the car will be billed by 31st March which I did . No confirm dates yet. Have contacted TML and in constant touch with the dealer . Had sold my exisiting car as well. The dealer provided a loaner car in April when I asked them to refund the payment . Everytime I call them , I get a response it will be billed in a couple of days .
Old 22nd May 2021, 11:04   #913
BHPian

Quote:
Painful wait continues [/h3]

.Has anyone else faced similar problems.
I feel ya. I had confirmed adventure persona on 24th Feb after having paid the booking amount on 12th Feb, I am still waiting.

I continue to be priority #2 on the list after 3 months. I asked the same question to the dealer via TML escalation mechanism that how can someone be on priority #2 for 3 months. Does it mean there has been zero delivery of this variant from the dealership? The answer unfortunately is a "no Adv persona deliveries so far".

Apparently the variant is hugely popular plus the plant in pune is working single shift as opposed to 3 shifts. I expressed my sympathies as the times are really grave.

Unrelated to the delay, I have now changed the variant to XZA (Tropical Mist) due to my preference to have a roof rack. The wait just has restarted. With lockdown in Bangalore and general weariness towards going out, it is okay.
gk.pavan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2021, 12:10   #914
BHPian

Quote:
The wait is going to be three months now. Has anyone else faced similar problems.
I booked mine on 5th April. Got call from dealership on 10th may that car got billed from plant to the dealership and car would reach dealership by 16th May. They shared the engine and chassis number which is April manufactured. Had a word with them yesterday - car has not reached dealership yet and the reason they say is because of lockdown in different states, truck taking time to deliver cars. Now they have given Tuesday date, let's see what happens now.

Note from Support: Please run a spell-check before posting. Thank you!

Last edited by aah78 : 25th May 2021 at 23:07. Reason: See note. Post fixed.
Old 22nd May 2021, 12:51   #915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramprebagar View Post
I booked the XZA+ Adventure Persona on 11th March . On 26th March was asked to pay the full amount stating the car will be billed by 31st March which I did . .
Even I have paid my share except for the loan amount and hence feeling short changed.
If you have already paid full amount, I think you are entitled for some sizeable discount on accessories, owing to the delay from the dealer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks