Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2021, 21:23   #871
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Can the XZA+ or XZ+ (I.e., the variants with the sunroof) be fitted with a luggage carrier?

Has anyone tried?
Old 11th May 2021, 21:52   #872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk.pavan View Post
Can the XZA+ or XZ+ (I.e., the variants with the sunroof) be fitted with a luggage carrier?

Has anyone tried?
I think the general rule is that you cant fit a luggage carrier over a sunroof. Not sure if there are products in market which can do that...for e.g. attaching rails over the top pf roof rails and putting a luggage carrier above it so that there is no load on the sun roof and also if someone accidentally open the run roof, then it wont get damaged.
Varunmohan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2021, 22:12   #873
BHPian

This video shows Harrier with sunroof, being fitted with a luggage carrier. If someone is really keen, it can be done with Safari as well.
But will it void the warranty in case of any accident or damage, needs to be confirmed.
NitSat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2021, 09:33   #874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitSat View Post
https://Youtu.be/bruM2I-xXdU
This video shows Harrier with sunroof, being fitted with a luggage carrier. If someone is really keen, it can be done with Safari as well.
But will it void the warranty in case of any accident or damage, needs to be confirmed.
Looks glamorous for sure. But looks too small from the video. You will need a rooftop luggage carrier only if all 7 seats are occupied. and in that case this will not be able to hold luggage of 7 people

Isn't it?
Varunmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2021, 12:01   #875
BHPian

Quote:

Has anyone tried?
Or Perhaps without a sunroof as well? I saw in one of the review videos that the roof rails in the Safari are aesthetic only and non-functionals. Although in the official accessories brochure, Tata has shown a rooftop box but IMHO utility is very less as compared to luggage carrier.
Old 12th May 2021, 12:26   #876
BHPian

Quote:

Has anyone tried?
You cannot rather shouldn't fit a roof carrier on models with a sun roof (i.e., variants with the + suffix) as the roof loses the structural rigidity to hold the additional weight. But for variants without the sun roof, there is even an OE accessory and plenty options after market.
AirWind is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th May 2021, 16:13   #877
JJo

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy View Post
Or Perhaps without a sunroof as well? I saw in one of the review videos that the roof rails in the Safari are aesthetic only and non-functionals. Although in the official accessories brochure, Tata has shown a rooftop box but IMHO utility is very less as compared to luggage carrier.
Roof Rails are functional (can carry load upto 75kg) in Non Sunroof Variants. Reference: https://cars.tatamotors.com/suv/safari/features
JJo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2021, 16:20   #878
BHPian

Was just wondering if anyone has installed a dashcam in their safari? If so, which one?

Would taking an aftermarket product void the warranty of the car? or there are products that could be simply "plugged in" rather than touching the wiring of the car and so would not void warranty?

Thanks
Varunmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2021, 21:21   #879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varunmohan View Post
Was just wondering if anyone has installed a dashcam in their safari? If so, which one?

Would taking an aftermarket product void the warranty of the car? or there are products that could be simply "plugged in" rather than touching the wiring of the car and so would not void warranty?

Thanks
Try the 70mai dashcam, they have amazing functionality and can transfer videos via WiFi through their app.
You also have options to get front and rear cameras, it will record both simultaneously.
The 70 Mai products only have the option of plugging into the 12V socket, so you will not be voiding your warranty.
darkpython9 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th May 2021, 11:26   #880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varunmohan View Post

Thanks
I was using Akaso V1 dash cam in my older car. Managed to fit the same one on my Safari as well.
There is much wider variety of dashcams available in the market now. Make sure that you buy one which has WiFi so that you can directly transfer the videos onto your phone. You can choose any dashcam whose power is drawn from the 12V socket, there is no issue of the warranty as you don't have to fiddle with the electricals of the car. One thing you need to make sure though is that the charging cable is at least 3.5m long, only then will you be able to run it through the A pillar and then into the 12V socket which is inside the central arm rest.

Last edited by ashbhat2 : 13th May 2021 at 11:30. Reason: additional info added
ashbhat2 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th May 2021, 15:40   #881
BHPian

As I am planning to get delivery of XZA+ Adventure Persona in the coming week, there are a couple of questions that I have related to the Insurance and Infotainment of the car.

1) I am getting a quote of 63k from United India Insurance which includes 0 depreciation, engine protection cover, invoice price, key and locks replacement, and tire protector. I am fine with the quote but not sure about the company as it is government. Anybody have any idea about United India as an Insurance company.

2) I read one post recently which mentioned that new models coming out of Tata factory, have wireless Android Auto, can anyone confirm if this is true.

Thanks in advance .

Last edited by aah78 : 14th May 2021 at 16:52. Reason: Typos fixed.
Old 14th May 2021, 16:21   #882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi1990 View Post
As I am planning to get delivery of XZA+ Adventure Persona in the coming week, there are a couple of questions that I have related to the Insurance and Infotainment of the car.
Aren’t dealerships shut in Delhi? Curious, because I’ve been waiting for over a month for my Harrier but no word from the SA.

Last edited by aah78 : 14th May 2021 at 16:52. Reason: Typos fixed. Quote trimmed.
Old 14th May 2021, 17:00   #883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moh1t View Post
Aren’t dealerships shut in Delhi? Curious, because I’ve been waiting for over a month for my Harrier but no word from the SA.
I have booked it from Himachal as i originally belong from there. I asked this very question and they said they will either home deliver it to me at my home address or they will provide delivery through showroom as deliveries are happening. They shared engine and chassis number with me post which i was convinced.
Abhi1990 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th May 2021, 18:45   #884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi1990 View Post

1) I am getting a quote of 63k from United India Insurance which includes 0 depreciation, engine protection cover, invoice price, key and locks replacement, and tire protector. I am fine with the quote but not sure about the company as it is government. Anybody have any idea about United India as an Insurance company.

2) I read one post recently which mentioned that new models coming out of Tata factory, have wireless Android Auto, can anyone confirm if this is true.
1) 63K from United India Insurance sounds good with all the add-ons you've mentioned. In fact, I'd paid about 66K for my Harrier XZA+ a few months back. My policy was from United India too. I'm dealing with them since the past 8 years and haven't faced any issues.

2) Not really sure about this as I haven't heard about this. Also, I do not expect Tata (or any other brand) to enable wireless android auto and not make any noise about it on social media / advertising.

Congratulations in advance
The Riddler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2021, 19:07   #885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
1) 63K from United India Insurance sounds good with all the add-ons you've mentioned. In fact, I'd paid about 66K for my Harrier XZA+ a few months back. My policy was from United India too. I'm dealing with them since the past 8 years and haven't faced any issues.

2) Not really sure about this as I haven't heard about this. Also, I do not expect Tata (or any other brand) to enable wireless android auto and not make any noise about it on social media / advertising.

Congratulations in advance

Thank you for point numbet 1 as this is what i was looking for, some ownership review. for point number 2, i actually read in this thread only but not able to validate it through any medium.

Thank you for the wishes
Abhi1990 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks