Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2022, 11:10   #2401

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by iskandariya View Post
Interesting lets see if my Dealership hasn't ordered Jet Headrest will ask for Dark Winged Headrest.
Check the latest Tata Safari #Dark brochure on their website. It has mention of it. All Safari manufactured after Nov 2022 should get it, check with dealership for that.

Form my experience of winged head restraints on my friend's Safari, they offer quite a comfort, especially on long drive and if you want to doze off with seat belt on.
I immediately missed it on my Safari #Dark and looking at comfort it offer will check with service center here if I can replace old headrest of with newer one.
Old 21st November 2022, 19:11   #2402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyapj View Post
Check the latest Tata Safari #Dark brochure on their website. It has mention of it. All Safari manufactured after Nov 2022 should get it, check with dealership for that.

Form my experience of winged head restraints on my friend's Safari, they offer quite a comfort, especially on long drive and if you want to doze off with seat belt on.
Is winged headrest offered as an accessory? Can we get our safaris updated with it?
Old 22nd November 2022, 13:09   #2403

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque_Cruiser View Post
Is winged headrest offered as an accessory? Can we get our safaris updated with it?
For newly manufactured vehicle, it comes as standard fitment on XZ+/XZA+. For other variants, have to check with dealership or service center.
Old 22nd November 2022, 15:01   #2404
BHPian

Are the stock tires not so good on Safari? I had a friend telling me that this is by far the biggest issue that she has faced. Is it recommended that the stock tires be swapped right at the time of delivery itself?
Old 22nd November 2022, 16:23   #2405
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwin Morey View Post
Are the stock tires not so good on Safari? I had a friend telling me that this is by far the biggest issue that she has faced. Is it recommended that the stock tires be swapped right at the time of delivery itself?
The Bridgestone Ecopia EP850 is very good, quite a pricey tire as well. You do have to ensure alignment is correct and air pressure is maintained properly, that is all there is to it.
Old 26th November 2022, 08:22   #2406
BHPian

Quote:
For newly manufactured vehicle, it comes as standard fitment on XZ+/XZA+. For other variants, have to check with dealership or service center.
Yup I have the part no. let them come in will confirm after that whether the Part no. is correct. This however is for 6 Seater variant, so test on 7S one at your own risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
The Bridgestone Ecopia EP850 is very good, quite a pricey tire as well. You do have to ensure alignment is correct and air pressure is maintained properly, that is all there is to it.
I second this, they have not shyed away in providing correct tyres Quality over Cost on this and rightly chosen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaljain View Post
Facelift Safari Spotted in Indore
Seems minor changes and mostly done for BS6 Phase 2; and while they are testing it out, teasing using the camo to garner more deeper penetration in Cyber space, and keeping the Buzz alive. Still fingers crossed for AWD, if not mine someone else can at-least have it, with slightly raised GC.

Front Lower section of bumper is camoed, assuming (not) for ADAS else would be a bad placement spot or overly effective.
Old 29th November 2022, 11:38   #2407
BHPian

Had a freak incident and broke the casing of the passenger side rear view mirror - hit it on the wall while reversing into my garage

The mirror is intact and the functionality is normal too (folding the mirror, adjusting the mirror etc), but wanted to replace it coz the upper part of the casing is broken.

The service centre asked me to pay INR 10000 advance to order the part (which costs 13000)!

Is this normal for Tata?

Never ever has any other car service asked me to do this to replace a part, in the past (Fiat, Maruti).
Old 4th December 2022, 23:25   #2408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparameswaran View Post
Had a freak incident and broke the casing of the passenger side rear view mirror - hit it on the wall while reversing into my garage

The mirror is intact and the functionality is normal too (folding the mirror, adjusting the mirror etc), but wanted to replace it coz the upper part of the casing is broken.

The service centre asked me to pay INR 10000 advance to order the part (which costs 13000)!

Is this normal for Tata?

Never ever has any other car service asked me to do this to replace a part, in the past (Fiat, Maruti).
Not Normal, infact I have few parts lined up at my Service Center they haven't asked a single rupee as advance. Even when I offered to pay keeping in consideration I would be the only person ordering; they refused.
iskandariya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 15:36   #2409
BANNED

Quote:
Felt similar for dash camera for front parking sensor. Saw a couple of YouTube videos, from car accessories dealer from Pune & Hyderabad, claiming 360 camera integrated with main console of Safari & Harrier. Video looks good but not sure if it will void the warranty of the car.

It seems that if Tata recommends the following upgrades:
1. front sensors
2. a fresh infotainment
3. set of new Trumpet horns

Will make the product a more decent purchase.

Mod Note : Please proof read your post for typo errors before submitting it.

Thanks.

Last edited by Sheel : 6th December 2022 at 09:22. Reason: Poorly typed post.
Travellertrippe is offline   Received Infraction
Old 6th December 2022, 11:25   #2410
BHPian

Dear Safari owners,
I am considering buying a new vehicle and I am stuck with a dilemma:

I liked the Safari, particularly the Dark Edition. I felt it is the bang for the bucks, having all necesary and good to have features barring a few like the motorized rear hatch door (its really heavy) or a better infotainment system. The interior looks premium and well put together. Noted one strange issue: the driver's footwell is narrower compared to co-driver's side. I am a slightly built person, still I was feeling a little bit tight and left knee tended to rub the side wall of the dash.

I keep reading that the service experience at Tata Motors authorised service centres is not that great.

What are the issues/niggles that I shuold know and wary of about the Safari. The reason I ask is: I have a Honda City that I have bought way back in 2009 and apart for regular services, the experience has been largely peaceful.

As you can see, I tend to keep my cars for a longer duration. So, how the Safari would fare in that respect.

The other car I am looking at the New Innova Hycross, but I am bit disapppointed with Toyota's packaging. The VX that has bench seats have only two front airbags, not six. The ZX on the other hand, doesn't have the bench seat, which is a requirement for me. Besides, the interior looked a little unappealing from the photographs posted the in the Innova Hycross thread in "Indian Car Scene" forum. I also didn't like the dash mounted gear lever shifter.
pratim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2022, 15:23   #2411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari Persona View Post
I am planning on getting the new Tata Safari (Adventure Persona) but I'm really torn between the 6-seater (captain chairs) and the 7-seater (bench seats).
I decided to go with the 7-seater. Not sure if this has been mentioned before but I think it could be useful for any prospective buyers - the captain seats in the 2nd are a little narrower than the captain seats in the 1st row. Seems a little counter-intuitive, but I perceived it by sitting in both the seats back-to-back and also through observation of the design pattern on the seats, though I wasn't able to verify it using a measuring tape. Perhaps a fun activity for an owner of the 6-seater Safari!

I think the 1st row captain seats are really comfortable and I would have gone with the captain seats configuration if identical seats were provided in the 2nd row. But the seating portion felt a little too narrow and didn't feel quite as supportive, and I'm not exactly a large person. I would suggest prospective 6-seater buyers to be mindful of this and not go with the captains seats variant just because the 1st row seats are great; be sure to test the 2nd row captain seats too!
Safari Persona is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2022, 17:59   #2412
BHPian

I need advise, should I buy a Safari or Harrier? I love the side profile of Safari more, but mostly drive solo. No need for a six or sever seater most of the time.
Also, upcoming facelift is likely to have bs6.2, which will increase cost and will it also decrease performance?
anilntny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2022, 18:41   #2413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratim View Post
Dear Safari owners,
I am considering buying a new vehicle and I am stuck with a dilemma:

I liked the Safari, particularly the Dark Edition.
Coming from utter reliability of Innovas which are still running solid as good as new, our Black Gold ZX+ was one of the first lot as soon as it was launched.

If you can live with the some glitters, the Black in Black Gold is a unique color you may want to check out. It is not Black.

Been a blissful experience so far since Dhanteras Diwali 2021 in all respects, even with service experiences, immense pleasurable highway and city driving with sorted manners.

There were a few issues in immediate months after delivery, as I had reported then, which were duly sorted out, but should not have been faced by customer at all.

The only downside so far, ICE system sucks, hangs, needs restarts, unreliable even after latest update, mind well, not the sound system which we find fantastic.

FE is pleasantly always above expectations. Highway runs returning to likes of 18/21/24 and city couple of points less but still very pleasant, tank full method, the system shows a bit higher by 1-2 points.

2021 Tata Safari Review-whatsapp-image-20221026-9.46.53-am.jpeg

Last edited by parsh : 10th December 2022 at 18:43.
parsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2022, 19:35   #2414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Coming from utter reliability of Innovas which are still running solid as good as new, our Black Gold ZX+ was one of the first lot as soon as it was launched.

Been a blissful experience so far since Dhanteras Diwali 2021 in all respects, even with service experiences, immense pleasurable highway and city driving with sorted manners.
How is your experience on ride quality front? Can you provide some comparison between BOF Innova vs Monocoque Safari? In my experience of Innova Crysta, it isolates bad or no roads very well.

Since, Innova Hycross now has gone Monocoque FWD with MacPherson struts in front and Torsion beam rear which is exactly similar to new gen Safari, it would be interesting to see whether Safari will edge ahead in terms of ride quality over Hycross giving that SUV feel to owners.

Last edited by varunswnt : 10th December 2022 at 19:37.
Old 10th December 2022, 23:19   #2415
BHPian

Hi everyone. I own Safari XTA+ variant. Recently facing an issue related to Infotainment housing. The entire housing along with the drive mode buttons creek when pressed and doesn't feel well put together. In bad roads hearing rattle noise from them which is increasing with time. Has anyone faced similar issue till now?
I am afraid asking the service center will cause more harm then good( They may remove the entire front dashboard and may not fit it back well causing more rattles). Need owners opinion on this issue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks