Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2023, 14:33   #2521
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

I have been enjoying my Safari for the past couple of

A most unusual incident occured today with my Safari. The weather has been unusually hot in my city for the past few days and my car is mostly parked in direct sunlight. There is no provision of shade.

After starting the car today and driving for only 2-3 kms. The IRVM broke off on its own and fell, dangling by the wire. It has chipped off the windscreen as well.

I suspect that poor adhesives or poor pasting has led to this issue. Getting it checked at the service centre today.
ashish2135 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2023, 13:59   #2522
BHPian

I did a weekend roundtrip from BLR-MYS-BLR close to 380 Kms including some city driving in Mysore for a family of 5. Got a mileage of 16.5 KMPL from a tankful to tankful calculation method.

The ride was very planted and the suspension was absorbing all the road undulations along the way. Very relaxed and not tiring at all.
r24x7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2023, 15:54   #2523
BHPian

I had booked a Red Dark XZA+ (without ADAS) here in Hyderabad but even after 6 weeks there is no availability. Its not even in production or the production pipeline as i am told and now upgraded the booking to Red dark XZA+ (O) which has 1 week availability.

I saw another person, a youtuber who faced exactly this and had to upgrade to ADAS,

Anyone else has any insight too?
Old 25th June 2023, 09:29   #2524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish2135 View Post
The weather has been unusually hot in my city for the past few days and my car is mostly parked in direct sunlight. There is no provision of shade.

After starting the car today and driving for only 2-3 kms. The IRVM broke off on its own and fell, dangling by the wire. It has chipped off the windscreen as well.
Did a piece of the Windscreen come off with the IVRM? Got a pic?

Last edited by libranof1987 : 30th June 2023 at 11:27. Reason: Fixing broken quote tags
Old 2nd July 2023, 20:53   #2525

Hello Folks!

I just happened to watch a Youtube Walkaround review of the updated BS6 Phase-2 XZA variant.

This is the updated XZA variant:

2021 Tata Safari Review-img_20230702_204150.jpg

This was the Pre-Phase 2 XZA variant:

2021 Tata Safari Review-img_20230702_204705.jpg

XZA+ still gets the "Traction control off" button though. And the Website still says that the XZA gets Traction control.
What could be the reason behind this?

Thanks!
Old 3rd July 2023, 01:23   #2526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDP-4D View Post
Hello Folks!

XZA+ still gets the "Traction control off" button though. And the Website still says that the XZA gets Traction control.
What could be the reason behind this?

Thanks!
As far as I know, in facelifted version Traction control button is replaced by a 360-degree camera button. Since XZA doesn't come with a 360-degree camera, there is a dummy button. Traction control can't be turned off now in the new models anymore.
Highh5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2023, 07:10   #2527
BHPian

Guys - Need Suggestions...

Dilemma

I had booked XUV700 but after driving the new Safari BS6.2, I also like it, specially the new features like Ventilated Seats, Updated Infotainment system, Blind View Monitor, Auto IRVM, Sliding Middle Bench, more space on 3rd row and Powered Co-Driver Seat.

Both XUV and Safari are good vehicles, almost At par, with each having its own unique features, though I have to admit Safari has more practical and utilitarian features than XUV700. ADAS is a great feature in XUV700 and honestly, Safari's ADAS is mainly alerts and nothing more, and hence, I can probably live without it,

Now, I can get the delivery of XZA+ Dark Edition at about 2.5L less than XUV700 AX7L D AT in about 1 week's time, whereas XUV700 - there is no commitment but dealers are saying 3-4 months, however, my dilemma has increased due to the news about the new Safari facelift coming around Oct, which has further confused me.

Doubts

1. Tata's have never been on time in their launches. Though, they say Oct 2023, not sure if that timeline would actually be achieved.
2. What if they remove some good features (mainly ventilated seats, sliding middle seats), we have seen some manufacturers taking such steps.
3. How much would be the price increase?
4. I like the Dark Edition, but my family likes the Oyster white Interiors which dont come in the Dark Edition, This is not that difficult decision and I am planning to see other colors to take a decision.

Lot of times, I believe in “a Bird in hand is better than 2 in the bushes” but I dont want buyer’s remorse as well incase the facelift is really mind-blowing.
shantanumishra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2023, 15:24   #2528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanumishra View Post
Guys - Need Suggestions...

Lot of times, I believe in “a Bird in hand is better than 2 in the bushes” but I dont want buyer’s remorse as well incase the facelift is really mind-blowing.
Your analysis is on point and echo with my thoughts. For the very same reasons I went with TATA Safari.

In my case, I wasnt looking at the top end variants but similarly priced lower variants XTA+ VS AX5.

Things I would be missing out for choosing AX5 over XTA+ are as follows: ( Remember we are asked to pay 25+ Lakhs on road for either of these variants ).
  • No Reverse Camera
  • No Cruise Control
  • No TPMS
  • No Auto AC
  • No One Touch Up Down of windows / Not even Driver side
  • No Auto Fold ORVMs
  • No Rain sensing wipers
  • No Auto Headlamps
  • No Steering mounted controls
  • No Keyless start stop functionality.
  • No Sliding Second row
  • Very less space on 3rd Row.
.. and the list goes on.

Good thing I went with Safari 2023 BS6 Ph2. Along with having all the above mentioned features, Cherry on top was the new infotainment system which was a huge relief over the old one.

To answer the second part of your question. I sense below items based on leaked images.
  • Newer refreshed front and rear bumpers + tail lights.
  • New design gear shifter on AT variant I guess.
Functionally, everything else seems to be as is.

You could wait for the facelift, but don't forget the price hikes that come along with it.
r24x7 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 09:03   #2529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r24x7 View Post

Things I would be missing out for choosing AX5 over XTA+ are as follows: ( Remember we are asked to pay 25+ Lakhs on road for either of these variants ).
  • No Reverse Camera
  • No Cruise Control
  • No TPMS
  • No Auto AC
  • No One Touch Up Down of windows / Not even Driver side
  • No Auto Fold ORVMs
  • No Rain sensing wipers
  • No Auto Headlamps
  • No Steering mounted controls
  • No Keyless start stop functionality.
  • No Sliding Second row
  • Very less space on 3rd Row.
.. and the list goes on.
++ Lumbar support, Side mounted Ac vents. Only missed feature is headrest for middle passenger. Planning to install an after market accessory.
Exactly the reason I went for Safari over Xuv 700. AX5 variant is too barebones for a 25+ car. More importantly, USP of Safari is that sliding middle row. It's a boon to carry 7 comfortably.
vegitakarthik is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 18:37   #2530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
As far as I know, in facelifted version Traction control button is replaced by a 360-degree camera button. Since XZA doesn't come with a 360-degree camera, there is a dummy button. Traction control can't be turned off now in the new models anymore.
Oh okay. Thanks a lot for the quick reply!
WDP-4D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 19:56   #2531
BHPian

Hi All,
Anyone who is still facing issues with the latest (so far) infotainment software V14.27, Tata has yesterday released the latest update 15.96 for Harrier and Safari for the 10.25 inch infotainment.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Tata Safari Review-img_20230705_190111.jpg  

rajismine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 10:51   #2532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
Hi All,
Anyone who is still facing issues with the latest (so far) infotainment software V14.27, Tata has yesterday released the latest update 15.96 for Harrier and Safari for the 10.25 inch infotainment.
Thanks for posting this

Any idea as to what all updates does this version come with? I am skeptical to update my software, as the current one is working as expected without any issues for me.
Old 6th July 2023, 10:54   #2533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Thanks for posting this

Any idea as to what all updates does this version come with? I am skeptical to update my software, as the current one is working as expected without any issues for me.
I know the following but too soon to test it all:
1.) Blue screen at times when camera turns on
2.) Widgets keep rotating and ghost touches
3.) Time does not sync right with the MID time
4.) Android auto wireless connectivity issues
5.) Screen unresponsive
6.) Other issues that people might be facing

I faced issues 2 and 3 at times. Have driven only 5 Kms after the update as such so cannot comment on performance improvements yet.
rajismine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 18:39   #2534
BHPian

UPDATE: this software update is nothing but a joke. Do not update to this under any circumstances.

ISSUES
1) Breaks Camera 360 completely. No camera works.
2) Rear ADAS stops working. No output to infotainment.
3) Rear parking sensors don't give any output too.

Tata is nothing short of a joke, releasing these half baked things to customers.

Rajeev

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Thanks for posting this

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 6th July 2023 at 19:32. Reason: Several typos and punctuation errors. Kindly proofread posts before submitting. Thanks.
rajismine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 18:52   #2535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
UPDATE: this software update is nothing but a joke. Do not update to this under any circumstances.

ISSUES
1) Breaks Camera 360 completely. No camera works.
2) Rear ADAS stops working. No output to infotainment.
3) Rear parking sensors don't give any output too.

Tata is nothing short of a joke, releasing these half baked things to customers.

Rajeev
Thanks for the update. This is definitely a joke, why do they break things which is working in first place. These half baked products are really a nuisance. Will hold on to the current version, at least it is working as expected for now.

Does it work intermittently or completely broken?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 6th July 2023 at 19:33. Reason: Quoted post edited.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks