Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2023, 11:42   #2566
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Hi Rajeev, how is the new update holding up? Have you seen nay new improvements or issues cropping up with the update? Or is it stable without any glitches?

Its very good and stable. Android auto connects flawless every single time. I saw other people having same issue of losing 360 camera, ADAS etc so make sure they do the binding.

The only issue i found so far is that when on android auto, when the screen splits into two parts: A.) Music B.) Map. This music widget sometimes goes blank. Secondly, the back button sometimes hangs

but apart from this no issues and these two are also very minor. both become normal in 10-15 mins automatically

hope this helps.
rajismine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2023, 19:50   #2567

I have been in the market for a new SUV for quite a while.
My drive is approx 6-8k a year majorly within the city.
Started with a budget of 22l. Finalized with only 2 contenders left in the ring: Safari & XUV700.
While the XUV is good, Safari felt right for me.
The bulky Stance, the seats, the infotainment system, the suspension and obviously the price wrt the XUV700.
The only problem is my left knee hitting the console/dashboard. I've tried all seating positions, but none of them work. I'm 6feet, and this does not seem to have a solution.
Any guidance on this problem?
Manumaniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2023, 09:38   #2568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manumaniac View Post
The only problem is my left knee hitting the console/dashboard. I've tried all seating positions, but none of them work. I'm 6feet, and this does not seem to have a solution.
The problem is very persistent if it's a manual variant you are going with. Avoid a manual at all costs and go for automation transmission only with a Safari/Harrier.

If you are still looking only for a manual, I suggest you go with XUV700 instead. But then, get atleast the AX7 variant. Anything lower than AX7 is utter waste of money.
r24x7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2023, 10:43   #2569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
Its very good and stable. Android auto connects flawless..This music widget sometimes goes blank. Secondly, the back button sometimes hangs
Do you use wireless Android auto?
Which music app do you use ? I've been using Amazon music and during split screen, music app sometimes just keeps restarting. I have seen this issue to be happening from my previous vehicle as well. But this is very occasional.
Old 23rd July 2023, 12:05   #2570
BHPian

Quote:
Did you try adjusting steering reach along with seat adjustment?
Old 23rd July 2023, 17:15   #2571

Quote:
Originally Posted by r24x7 View Post
The problem is very persistent if it's a manual variant you are going with. Avoid a manual at all costs and go for automation transmission only with a Safari/Harrier.

If you are still looking only for a manual, I suggest you go with XUV700 instead. But then, get atleast the AX7 variant. Anything lower than AX7 is utter waste of money.
I'm going for the automatic. And the console is still a bother.
Old 23rd July 2023, 17:17   #2572

Quote:
Originally Posted by negi15 View Post
Did you try adjusting steering reach along with seat adjustment?
I telescoped the steering wheel out of its sockets, and still somehow my knee touched the console. Even on the dead pedal, my leg/knee tilts to the dashboard for support and that's where it pinches me.
Old 23rd July 2023, 18:05   #2573
BHPian

Quote:
I'm going for the automatic. And the console is still a bother.
Last try with following options
1. Steering reach to outmost setting
2. Steering height to highest level
3. Seat Height to lowest setting ( steering height adjustment any to higher level also moves the seat forward)
4. Slide seat to most backward position, where you are comfortable with.

If all these still didn't help, then you are officially out of ergonomic comfort zone that the vehicle can offer. Start looking elsewhere for an alternate SUV.
r24x7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2023, 22:05   #2574

Quote:
Last try with following options
1. Steering reach to outmost setting
2. Steering height to highest level
3. Seat Height to lowest setting ( steering height adjustment any to higher level also moves the seat forward)
4. Slide seat to most backward position, where you are comfortable with.

If all these still didn't help, then you are officially out of ergonomic comfort zone that the vehicle can offer. Start looking elsewhere for an alternate SUV.
I'll try to give this a go again! I'm also willing to wait for the updated Safari; in the hope they improve on this a bit. With my yearly running below 8K Kms, I think petrol will also do for me. But I wonder if the 1.5T tata uses is underpowered?

For now I'm booking the XUV 700.

Last edited by Axe77 : 29th July 2023 at 07:58. Reason: Clean up edits.
Manumaniac is offline   Received Infraction
Old 26th July 2023, 22:57   #2575
BHPian

My Tata Safari wished me on my birthday.

I always thought only the top end variants get such fancy features; was pleasently surprised to see my mid variant XTA+ wish me on my birthday

r24x7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2023, 23:30   #2576
BHPian

Quote:
Do you use wireless Android auto?
Which music app do you use ? I've been using Amazon music and during split screen, music app sometimes just keeps restarting. I have seen this issue to be happening from my previous vehicle as well. But this is very occasional.
I use Musicolet and Spotify. Both work well.
I have two minor issues but not sure its the car or the app:
1.) Randomly the app continues to play song even after switching the car off. I personally feel the issue is the app

2.) The music app part becomes blank on the screen. Then click on app from the dock opens it full screen and then click split to make things alright. This i feel is the car issue

Rajeev
Old 28th July 2023, 22:02   #2577
BHPian

Guys,

The infamous left pull of Safari, is that present on a lot of cars or just a few cases who report this?
I am joining the Safari club soon and hence anxious.

Thanks
Old 30th July 2023, 00:38   #2578
BHPian

Few updates

My safari has run 30k kms. Recently while traversing through water logged roads I noticed that the power steering would stop working momentarily and there would be a service symbol on the screen. I sent the car to the service center for the same. They kept the car for 2 days and returned it saying the problem is solved. But it wasn't and I sent back the car. Same story again. Thrice I had to send the car and finally they acknowledged the problem. They changed the belt for the hydraulic pump and the tensioner. This also I had to point it out to them. Second issue is about tyre rotation. Here in my town none of the 2 authorised service stations know about resetting the TPMS after rotation. I have given up on it. Even the service manager was ignorant and flatly refused to rotate the tyres. I hope someone higher up in Tata teach these ignorant folks. Even for a simple thing like second row seat tumbling, I had to produce a video evidence and then they complied. These people don't even know the basics of the car they are selling.
drjanakpatel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 08:57   #2579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodie09 View Post
Guys,

The infamous left pull of Safari, is that present on a lot of cars or just a few cases who report this?
I am joining the Safari club soon and hence anxious.

Thanks
Almost 6 months with my Safari and haven't face the left pull issue. I had checked with service advisor during my 1st servicing about the left pull. I was told that in newer versions it is resolved. But then I faced the boot door misalignment issue which also was supposed to be resolved.

There is a Hindi saying, which roughly translates into "If you have put your head into the mortar then why fear of the pestle". This is what Tata brings to table after spending around 30 lakhs, faith, hope, anxiety, and Idioms! And, like always the end disclaimer, in-spite of some limitations and niggles, there is a lot that can be enjoyed with Safari. The rains and Safari have brought a lot of smiles in our Family. Those road trips with Safari are something worth cherishing for a long time.
IAmGroot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2023, 15:35   #2580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmGroot View Post
Almost 6 months with my Safari and haven't face the left pull issue. I had checked with service advisor during my 1st servicing about the left pull. I was told that in newer versions it is resolved. But then I faced the boot door misalignment issue which also was supposed to be resolved.

There is a Hindi saying, which roughly translates into "If you have put your head into the mortar then why fear of the pestle". This is what Tata brings to table after spending around 30 lakhs, faith, hope, anxiety, and Idioms! And, like always the end disclaimer, in-spite of some limitations and niggles, there is a lot that can be enjoyed with Safari. The rains and Safari have brought a lot of smiles in our Family. Those road trips with Safari are something worth cherishing for a long time.
Thanks mate! Thats a hilarious way of putting things, no doubt! I am well versed in hindi and know this idiom "Okhli me sar diya.........." very well.

Honestly I am prepared for some, specially the ones that are cosmetic such as window beading etc. But left pull? Well depending on the magnitude it can be concerning, no matter how many lacs car.

Hoping for the best and good to know you are not facing it.

Like you, just looking forward to make some memorable rain splashed drives this monsoon with Safari.

Cheers!
Rodie09 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks