Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2023, 09:32   #2491
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmGroot View Post
Got first servicing done for my XZA+ Adv. There were issues with boot door locking and front right suspension that were resolved.
In addition, topped up DEF and software of entertainment screen updated to 18.50.

I had the front right suspension issue since my first service. It did not get rectified through their adjustment. I got it replaced after 2nd service. Looks like some manufacturing defect which is still lurking around. Mine is year old and sad to see that newer ones continue to come with the same issue.

Also on Harman entertainment. Mine have the connectivity issue on and off, I use iphone, android connects too but same issue I face once in a while. Its very buggy, the version is 18.11 and you have the latest. Still facing issue is surprising. Again talks about quality of software from the vendor.
abacusv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 14:37   #2492

I had faced similar issue in my newly bought red dark Safari. Every day morning, I get this message(“Malfunction suspected in particular item in your car. Please contact nearest Tata Service centre”) after cranking, but not during second cranking of the day. I took the vehicle to the service center. They have updated the infotainment software, did hard reset, asked me to uninstall and reinstall the ira software. After all these steps, I was promised it will not happen again, if it happens, i have to complain to IRA app. However, next day morning to my surprise, I got two error codes in ira app, one previous malfunction message and new one is battery connection, seems during hard reset, they didn't connect battery terminals properly.

I took the vehicle second time to service center within a week of delivery, I was told, they had run the diagnosis from the laptop, no issue found and cleared the error code from cache memory also fixed the battery terminals. Its been five days, i didn't receive any new error codes.

All this new infotainment system and half baked technologies are introduced without proper testing due to competition pressure and they are not training the service center professionals accordingly.

Due to this episode, one more issue got rectified is the time mismatch between center infotainment display & driving console display. May be that was the issue.
R_D_S_7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 16:41   #2493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_D_S_7 View Post

All this new infotainment system and half baked technologies are introduced without proper testing due to competition pressure and they are not training the service center professionals accordingly.

Due to this episode, one more issue got rectified is the time mismatch between center infotainment display & driving console display. May be that was the issue.
Little bit reassuring that ira error is something related to software and not car mechanicals or critical functions. When I had raised this ira error code during servicing, I was casually told that it's nothing to worry about and that I should worry only if I get any Christmas lights on car dashboard.

Now this is interesting, time mismatch between centre infotainment and driving console. Another item to check during Safari PDI. May I ask how much was the time difference, in seconds or in minutes?
Old 10th April 2023, 18:01   #2494

Quote:
Now this is interesting, time mismatch between centre infotainment and driving console. Another item to check during Safari PDI. May I ask how much was the time difference, in seconds or in minutes?
It was huge in hours, I initially thought I need to explore and seperately setup somewhere. Now after sw update and hard reset, this is synced now.

Quote:
I also was facing issue with Android auto. It won’t connect in wireless mode. Mostly my phone(Samsung A70) might not be compatible. The service advisor was able to connect wirelessly using his apple phone. I need to try someone else’s Android phone to troubleshoot further
Mine is OnePlus 7 pro, Android auto was connecting wirelessly without issues. Intermittently it disconnects for 30 sec to remind it's Tata vehicle
R_D_S_7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 11:52   #2495
BHPian

Quote:
It was huge in hours, I initially thought I need to explore and seperately setup somewhere. Now after sw update and hard reset, this is synced now.

Mine is OnePlus 7 pro, Android auto was connecting wirelessly without issues. Intermittently it disconnects for 30 sec to remind it's Tata vehicle
I thought the new infotainment system was a huge leap. Reading all these issues, I no longer think its that huge of a leap.
Old 14th April 2023, 13:06   #2496
BHPian

What is the expected maintenance cost for the Safari? The Gold AMC is costing about 1.17 lakhs for 4 years or 60k KM which I thought was quite expensive.
Old 14th April 2023, 14:13   #2497

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyFunk View Post
What is the expected maintenance cost for the Safari? The Gold AMC is costing about 1.17 lakhs for 4 years or 60k KM which I thought was quite expensive.
I recently bought the safari, so no idea about maintenance cost. I opted for (3+2) extended warranty for Unlimited kilometers costed me total 33K, I opted for this due to lot of electronics in the dark red edition and wanted peace of mind for 5 years.

In my opinion, 1.17 lakhs sounds high, considering the new vehicle, 60K limit and exclusion parts like Bulbs, Fuse, Head Lights, Tail Lights, and not sure about tires, batteries,.. please get the AMC document and do the complete analysis.
Old 14th April 2023, 15:51   #2498
BHPian

Quote:
I recently bought the safari, so no idea about maintenance cost. I opted for (3+2) extended warranty for Unlimited kilometers costed me total 33K, I opted for this due to lot of electronics in the dark red edition and wanted peace of mind for 5 years.
Yes, I was quoted the same 33k for extended warranty.
This is what I received from the dealership regarding Gold AMC.

Gold AMC includes below :

Coverage:

Value Care Gold is a maintenance plan that guarantees protection against unexpected repair cost & Provides substantial savings through protection against inflation & price volatility of lubricants during the running of the Vehicle.

Value Care Gold Plan covers the following:

Scheduled maintenance services at periodic interval of Kms for Labor, Parts.

(a) Change of Oil Filter, Fuel Filter, Air Filter & Sedimenter.

(b) Change of Engine Oil, Transmission Oil, Power steering Oil*.

(c) Change of Coolant, Brake Oil & Clutch Fluid*.

(d) General Check up, Wheel Alignment / Balancing Labour (Excluding Balancing Weight)

(e) Washing of Vehicle, Wheel greasing*.

Repair or Replacement of Wear & Tear Items for Parts & Labour.

(a) Brake Pad, Brake Liner, Wheel Cylinders

(b) Clutch Disc, Clutch Cover, Cables, Mountings.

(d) Suspension Bush, Wiper Blade , Auxiliary Belt & other Wear & Tear Items

(e) Washing of Vehicle, Wheel greasing

Exclusion :

Charges of wheel balancing weights.

Charges for gas filled / top-up in AC system.

Charges (Labor + Parts + Consumables) for any repairs not mentioned above, and not covered under schedule maintenance service, which are neither covered under the Company's warranty nor this program as the case may be.
Old 14th April 2023, 17:31   #2499

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyFunk View Post
Charges (Labor + Parts + Consumables) for any repairs not mentioned above, and not covered under schedule maintenance service, which are neither covered under the Company's warranty nor this program as the case may be.
This information is available in the Tata website, however there might be a pdf document which has fine details. Even for extended warranty, the dealer shared the fine terms
Old 14th April 2023, 17:32   #2500
Senior - BHPian

In my honest opinion, this Gold AMC does not makes sense and why do you want to end up paying so much money upfront. If your driving style is sedate, most of the time you will not need any of those wear and tear parts and you will be in a situation where you paid in advance for something you never want.

If your usage is in rough road conditions most of the time and the driving habit warrants earlier change of brake pads, then it might make sense. I would definitely not opt for this, instead pay accordingly during service.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2023, 17:53   #2501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
In my honest opinion, this Gold AMC does not makes sense and why do you want to end up paying so much money upfront. If your driving style is sedate, most of the time you will not need any of those wear and tear parts and you will be in a situation where you paid in advance for something you never want.

If your usage is in rough road conditions most of the time and the driving habit warrants earlier change of brake pads, then it might make sense. I would definitely not opt for this, instead pay accordingly during service.
Thanks for the perspective. I do have a sedate driving style and don't expect to be harsh on the car in any way. Think I'll skip the AMC and stick to replacement of parts as and when needed.
SneakyFunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2023, 09:53   #2502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had faced similar issue in my newly bought red dark Safari. Every day morning, I get this message(“Malfunction suspected in particular item in your car. Please contact nearest Tata Service centre”) after cranking, but not during second cranking of the day.
I guess it is an issue with the iRA app, because I tried accessing the app and see that error, even though the Faults say 0. However, I was told the KYC is yet to be completed and until then the app doesn't work. In how many days was the KYC completed for you?

Also, were you able to source a screen guard for the new 10.25 inch screen.

Quote:
Thanks buddy, this is really helpful. Hope my car is allotted soon and get the delivery ASAP.
Took delivery of this beauty yesterday evening and waiting for the weekend to put some miles on the car. Being weekdays, it is difficult to resist. Hoping for a trouble free ownership experience Ownership thread is in progress, should be up after I put some miles on the beast.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 18th April 2023 at 10:06. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 00:31   #2503
BHPian

Quote:
However, I was told the KYC is yet to be completed and until then the app doesn't work. In how many days was the KYC completed for you?

Also, were you able to source a screen guard for the new 10.25 inch screen.
I'm getting mine delivered day after. My KYC was already completed and I am already able to use IRA. Was able to locate vehicle parked in stock yard and also see driving activities for the vehicle.

For screen guard, I happened to see this site on IG and I'm in no way associated.
Old 29th April 2023, 12:39   #2504
BHPian

Got my XTA+ delivered just yesterday. Had following observations
1. Minor dent like undulation on inner side of body where right tail lamp sits. It looks like as though tail lamp was attempted to be removed by sliding in tools , but paint quality was intact and all good. Didn't look like repaint in any way. It's very small and i decided to leave it be.

All other panels were good. Fit and finish was satisfactory.

2. Infotainment system had to be reset from settings since reverse camera froze still showing an older image from hours ago and eventually becomes blue. This is a workaround until software update during first service is what I was told.

2021 Tata Safari Review-img20230428210641.jpg

On the other side. The display quality and resolution is very good. Can be compared to iPad quality displays.

One surprise element is that the system now in XTA+ comes with wireless Android auto and apple Carplay as opposed to what is mentioned on brochure as wired only. As per brochure wireless is only from XZA.

This is a huge value jump to go ahead with XTA+ variant if I am asked. Can't imagine how bad it would have felt if i had got the same vehicle 2 months ago with the old system.

Everything else is good. Steering is as good as how a hydraulic would be. I have no complaints on using it.

Fingers crossed for a trouble free ownership.

Last edited by r24x7 : 29th April 2023 at 12:42.
r24x7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2023, 22:21   #2505
BHPian

Hi All,

Not sure if its just my car tool kit or in general Tata Safari's the took kit jack is extremely hard to use it. I had a flat tyre and had to change to spare and wheel jack was impossible to screw. It was extremely tight. I had to request couple of people around to help and all of them struggled.

Just an advise, check your jack before going on a long trip and ensure its easy to operate else get it smoothened.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks