Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2022, 16:23   #2146
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Today received call that my car has been allocated and will be in dealers yard in a day or two. Planning to do PDI at yard before I release any payment, any key points to lookout for in PDI other than points mentioned in PDI checklist?
Old 24th May 2022, 17:56   #2147

If it helps anyone, here is a log of average fuel consumption my Safari had over the last 5-6k km.
2021 Tata Safari Review-mileage.jpeg
sks2610 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 08:38   #2148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sks2610 View Post
If it helps anyone, here is a log of average fuel consumption my Safari had over the last 5-6k km.
Is this a manual transmission? The real world efficiency for the Safari is pretty decent. On my AT too, the mileage has been decent. But I drive with a light foot and have seen the mileage drop if you become athletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post

Fuel Efficiency:
My average so far as been 12.76kmpl. The fuel consumption increases with more idle. if you are able to keep the average speed above 30 kmph, then you can get the 12+kmpl mileage. But if you drive in stop - go traffic, the efficiency drops to 10.5+kmpl. Overall, for a 2L diesel automatic, I feel the mileage is ok. I use the Fuelio app to keep track of mileage and use the tank fill method to calculate the efficiency.

Fuel log - Summary:
Attachment 2304685

Fuel log:
Attachment 2304683

Attachment 2304684
Old 25th May 2022, 14:36   #2149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
Is this a manual transmission? The real world efficiency for the Safari is pretty decent. On my AT too, ..
This is also AT. Drives mostly consisted of highways (75%) and rural (25%). I also try to drive it gently (may be 80% of the time)
sks2610 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 07:06   #2150
BHPian

I booked a Safari Kaziranga edition AT yesterday, with an approximate delivery timeline of 6-8 weeks, as a replacement for my 2016 S-Cross.

I had booked a XUV AX7L in January and the delivery timeline of September - October 2023, was a bit too long.
Old 26th May 2022, 07:16   #2151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sks2610 View Post
This is also AT. Drives mostly consisted of highways (75%) and rural (25%). I also try to drive it gently (may be 80% of the time)
Ok, I was thinking it was more of city and less of highway prompting me to think it was manual. Yeah, on highway drives the mileage is pretty good. Within the city the mileage does drop especially in stop-go traffic.
Jude300 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 07:25   #2152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post
I booked a Safari Kaziranga edition AT yesterday, with an approximate delivery timeline of 6-8 weeks, as a replacement for my 2016 S-Cross.

I had booked a XUV AX7L in January and the delivery timeline of September - October 2023, was a bit too long.
How’s delivery in 6-8 weeks possible for Safari, barring Black (Dark Edition) & White top ends. I booked a Daytona Grey XZA+ & there’s no information after 7 weeks despite following up regularly. Whenever I follow up they stonewall me with reply that mine is an uncommon shade & it will take time. Also suggest me to change colour, which I don’t want to. For once I thought I would agree to pay 30k for top end white & still there’s stoic silence.

On top of it I have got email from dealership re 10 weeks being the new EDD (Estimated Delivery Date) with contact details of regional officers in Tata Motors too. Believe me I’m frustrated as I was told 4-6 weeks as waiting period.

Last edited by CARDEEP : 26th May 2022 at 07:27.
Old 26th May 2022, 10:25   #2153
BHPian

Hello friends
Is it worth taking Gold or Silver AMC , for my one year old Safari.
Old 26th May 2022, 10:28   #2154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
How’s delivery in 6-8 weeks possible for Safari, barring Black (Dark Edition) & White top ends. I booked a Daytona Grey XZA+ & there’s no information after 7 weeks despite following up regularly. Whenever I follow up they stonewall me with reply that mine is an uncommon shade & it will take time. Also suggest me to change colour, which I don’t want to. For once I thought I would agree to pay 30k for top end white & still there’s stoic silence.

On top of it I have got email from dealership re 10 weeks being the new EDD (Estimated Delivery Date) with contact details of regional officers in Tata Motors too. Believe me I’m frustrated as I was told 4-6 weeks as waiting period.
Don't shoot the messenger.

I just passed on what was communicated by the dealer at the time of booking. I am still optimistic that they will stick to that deadline.
Aiel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 11:41   #2155
Senior - BHPian

@Aiel I’m not blaming you, probably I’m frustrated by the wait & revised timeslines. I wish none has to wait for vehicles when one is ready to pay. But the excuse I’m given is that Daytona Grey is rare colour. I don’t think this is a valid excuse & may go for refund in couple of weeks if there’s not confirmation from dealership.

I could have bought a costlier vehicles but for personal/ family reasons had to settle for Safari, but then the wait is killing when you wish to reward you with something you cherry pick.
Old 26th May 2022, 19:24   #2156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
@Aiel I’m not blaming you, probably I’m frustrated by the wait & revised timeslines. I wish none has to wait for vehicles when one is ready to pay. But the excuse I’m given is that Daytona Grey is rare colour. I don’t think this is a valid excuse & may go for refund in couple of weeks if there’s not confirmation from dealership.
I had initially booked Daytona Grey but SA said it will be difficult to deliver as batches are less for this colour, so changed to Orcus White. The vehicle was in Dealer's yard within 35 days of my booking date and currently awaiting to close RTO formalities.
autoweirdo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 07:15   #2157
Senior - BHPian

I feel I have been cheated by dealer here, & my vehicle delivered to another customer who paid premium. I have certain proof & if I’m not delivered my Safari soon, I will cancel it & go for Tucson. But, I will definitely raise issue in soci media.
Old 28th May 2022, 12:23   #2158

Is it worth buying Tata Safari 2021 model

Thanks everyone for helping here

I finalised on buying Tata Safari XZA variant.
The dealer has last year model readily available, need your help in making the decision on going for it or not

Pros:
- Readily available, else I need to wait for 6-8 weeks
- Cost: I'll save 54K

Cons:
- Miss out on Air purifier, Apple car play and wireless charging as per dealer (haven't used any of these features, so I'll not be missing them) while rest remains the same.
- With last year model, not sure if the battery or engine would've taken a hit.
- If there are any other, please let me know.
ninja09 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 11:51   #2159

Dear ninja09,

Missing out on Air Purifier, wireless Apple Car Play and wireless charging does not appear to be a great idea, even if you have to pay 54k extra. In return, you also get a 2022 model, with better resale value.

All the three features were added in September 2021 (based on the customer feedback), and are of great utility. The Air Purifier in particular, is very good and performs exceptionally well. You will feel the freshness in the cabin within a few minutes of switching the AC on. Also, you have the option of ventilated seats in the current model.
narsingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 12:33   #2160
BHPian

Re: Is it worth buying Tata Safari 2021 model

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja09 View Post
Thanks everyone for helping here

I finalised on buying Tata Safari XZA variant.
The dealer has last year model readily available, need your help in making the decision on going for it or not

Pros:
- Readily available, else I need to wait for 6-8 weeks
- Cost: I'll save 54K
Makes no sense if the saving is only 50k.You can think about it if you are saving anywhere around 1 to 1.5 lakhs. I would suggest you book a new one. Should get the same variant in 4-6 months anyway.
SinghP09 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed