Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2021, 10:38   #1396
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthsense View Post
As i couldn't find more info on the 3 new features added to the safari when i had booked it, so thought about posting my view after using them for a week now.
Congrats on the new car. Can you please share the infotainment software version?
Old 17th November 2021, 18:18   #1397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeBeans View Post
Congrats on the new car. Can you please share the infotainment software version?
Thanks. This is the version it shows. What's the one in your car ?
2021 Tata Safari Review-20211117_181414.jpg
sixthsense is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2021, 22:26   #1398
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. This is the version it shows. What's the one in your car ?
I got the latest update during second service last month which was R16. I hope they roll out this version for first batches of the car so we can also get wireless AA and Carplay.
Old 17th November 2021, 22:31   #1399
BHPian

Quote:
I got the latest update during second service last month which was R16. I hope they roll out this version for first batches of the car so we can also get wireless AA and Carplay.
I heard the dealer telling me that to have wireless Android there is a hardware difference and the reason why a software update can't bring that feature to older models. Not sure if he was actually telling a fact or just hearsay.

In your infotainment system, do you have wifi in settings ? As without wifi wireless andorid won't work.
Old 18th November 2021, 18:22   #1400

Have been having an issue with the sunshade switch which is in a slightly depressed state to the left since I got the vehicle. The service center did not address this in the first service and committed that they will take care of it in the 2nd service. Before the 2nd service, the front passenger wiper started having streaks when used. Had asked for both these issues to be addressed during the 2nd service in the last week of October. The SA informed me that they have taken picture/videos of the sun shade switch issue and had sent it to Tata Motors and was waiting for resolution and that the wiper was not covered under warranty. While I understand that the wiper is a wear and tear item, I wasn't convinced to pay for it as it failed within 2 months which I informed him. The SA committed that he will have these 2 issues addressed and a update will be provided for me in 4 days time.

Waited for 2 weeks and got in touch with the SA again. Another commitment was made to provide an update in 5 days which didn't happen either. Sent a mail to Tata Motors and got a prompt response within 2 hours. In another our the SA called and assured that there will be an update for me today.

Got a call from the Service Manager today, who apologized for the delay and mentioned that Tata Motors had asked their vendor to inspect the sun shade issue. Apparently, they aren't sure if it just the switch that is a problem or the entire sunroof. Looks like they come together as a unit. He has scheduled time for next Wednesday for the inspection. Will update how it goes.

The wiper will be replaced under the warranty.
ramprebagar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 19:06   #1401
BHPian

Quote:
I heard the dealer telling me that to have wireless Android there is a hardware difference and the reason why a software update can't bring that feature to older models. Not sure if he was actually telling a fact or just hearsay.

In your infotainment system, do you have wifi in settings ? As without wifi wireless andorid won't work.
I honestly doubt there is any hardware difference as some cars in first batch got a test version of Infotainment which had wireless AA/Carplay working albeit with a watermark. This was removed after an udpate. Myself, I don't have the wifi option visible in setting from the beginning as I had later software version installed from start.
Old 19th November 2021, 12:25   #1402
BHPian

Quote:
Saw a youtube video yesterday about the latest update rolled out being R17.5. The guy also confirmed the unit is from same manufacturer in both harrier and safari with same hardware I guess. Tata should not hold the R18 anymore, if it gives the wireless android feature to everyone.
sixthsense is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2021, 11:48   #1403
BHPian

I have observed that the Safari is getting dragged on the left side . Becomes more obvious when I try to use cruise control. What May be the problem here.
NitSat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2021, 14:37   #1404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitSat View Post
I have observed that the Safari is getting dragged on the left side . Becomes more obvious when I try to use cruise control. What May be the problem here.
It's a common phenomenon with most owners. I had it too and it was recitifed by the ASC at first service, something related to alignment / balance of the wheels.

That said, I am always on the lookout of the left pull whenever I drive. So far it's not come back, but at times it feels like its coming back ... its a game really
ankur_fox is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2021, 17:18   #1405
BHPian

Last week my Safari completed 800-900kms. Mileage was 10.2 kmpl only. I noticed quite a few niggles or irritants after 7 months of use:
1. The touchscreen unit is a pain to use and worse than budget touchscreens from Hyundai
2. The wireless Apple CarPlay works very erratically, sometimes it just doesn’t connect.
3. After switching off the car in high beam mode, when the car is restarted the high beams are not activated. Need to switch it on and off for it to work again.

An unfortunate incident happened on the highway while I was driving at night when 4 dogs came in front of the road. Even after braking one of the dogs came under the Safari. Goa rest his/her soul in peace!

The impact was a little more than moderate.
There was hardly any damage to the vehicle and it continued to run on the highway without any noise or issue. The build quality is commendable.
ashish2135 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th November 2021, 20:43   #1406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusCapt View Post
His mobile phone video didn't show me anything except shiny glossy paint. He kept pointing out minor dust marks etc but they were not visual on the video.
Have you watched this one? I am guessing that this one has a better quality than what you must have watched. You can clearly see not just minor but major paint flaws. Also notice the huge panel gap at 3:04.

It is ridiculous that this is what they are selling for almost 25L. What a shame.
DeepCarTalk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 02:22   #1407
BHPian

A lot of us have expressed the left knee touching the underside of the dashboard panel in the Safari. I had adjusted my seat to avoid the issue and was not too conscious about that for the last few days. I had to get a driver a couple of days back who changed the settings and as I was readjusting today I realized that unless the seat is set real low even if the knee does not touch the panel a bit further in the footwell slopes down such that it will come in contact with the knee. If I keep the seat high and back a good impact might be enough for breaking the kneecap. So it might be safer to sit low on a Safari at least for taller people in the driver seat.

Might this be the reason why Tata is shying from a GNCAP test?
nainan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 15:46   #1408
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nainan View Post
Might this be the reason why Tata is shying from a GNCAP test?
I would believe not. The plastics used in these parts while appear robust - can be bent easily with just 1 hand as well. They are not strong enough to actually cause a grievous injury generally. They'd deform / break rather than the person's leg. However - the real issue is - if the chassis ahead of the dashboard, the firewall and the floor panel deform so much that the dashboard lower part actually crushes the occupant's legs. Its there that the safety is taken care of, not in the dashboard plastics. So if TML is intentionally avoiding sending for a test indeed - its these 3 that are not holding their own. The dashboard lower panel is just not designed too well for ergonomics.

Last edited by Reinhard : 22nd November 2021 at 15:47.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 16:18   #1409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
The dashboard lower panel is just not designed too well for ergonomics.
It surprises me no end that for products which are to be made in big numbers and are ones with big budgets (design+marketing+production etc) end up going wrong on such basic things.

Last edited by Poitive : 22nd November 2021 at 16:20. Reason: Grammar
Poitive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 16:40   #1410
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
It surprises me no end that for products which are to be made in big numbers and are ones with big budgets (design+marketing+production etc) end up going wrong on such basic things.
Well - its not new coming from Tata cars sadly. Those who find their knees / legs brushing with the dashboard in the Harrier twins - would have had the same or worse experience in these past cars as well - Indica Vista/Manza, Aria/Hexa. At least for me - this issue existed. The lower dashboard panel in my Vista had blackened + worn out a bit in fact. And this is the reason the Hexa while a car we wanted - had to be dropped from our list. My knee kept hitting the dashboard in clutch operation.

Sorry for going off topic.
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks