Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2021, 19:22   #1291

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
Congratulations! I am awaiting mine soon too. Keep sharing your ownership updates.

What is the mileage you are getting on the ODO?
Mileage on ODO is around 8-9. All the driving in city Traffic of western express in Mumbai.
dsingh70 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 21:42   #1292
BHPian

Has anyone fit an Android HU in Safari XE? Any leads?
ntomer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 07:39   #1293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitSat View Post
The Adventure Persona version is available @21.80 lakh rs.
That means for a measly difference of 9k , one will get ventilated seats, air purifier, wireless android auto / Apple car play .
I think the first generation owners will feel hard done ( as always).
At least, they should provide the latest version of Apple car play/ android auto, to the existing owners.

Also , query to all Safari owners- Has anyone received the second automatic key set .
Yes. The early buyers are always short changed. Not at all fair. TATA must allow us to get upgrades at nominal charges.
I got the second key during my First Service. Smooth service experience. Only that the SC did not have a pressure washer so I refused a hand wash and got that done outside.
All bolts were tightened and the cabin ride became silent. Not aware if there was any software update done. Not yet connected IRA.
boohooper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 09:18   #1294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsingh70 View Post
Hi all,

Listened to heart. Went for Safari. Got home Blue XZA driven around 1000 kms. Excellent drive, niggle free experience so far. The booking experience with Wasan Motors, Borivali was superb and so was the delivery experience. The car was delivered within 4 weeks of booking.

I am happy with my decision of not waiting for XUV700. Nothing against XUV700, but the wait would have been longer.

The only thing I miss in my safari is a 360 degree camera. Though not a very big show stopper, it would have been nice if available.

Hopefully the good experience with Safari continues.

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Thanks
Congrats ! Mind sharing what deal / offer you got from this dealer ? Either reply over here or a PM is okay.
Old 20th September 2021, 10:37   #1295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitSat View Post
The Adventure Persona version is available @21.80 lakh rs.
That means for a measly difference of 9k , one will get ventilated seats, air purifier, wireless android auto / Apple car play .
Does the Adventure Persona get all the updated features? Because then it doesn't make sense for Tata to charge 1.4 lakh more just for the Gold paint scheme. I read somewhere that only the infotainment system update would be shared with Adv persona variant. I'll try talking to my SA.
Old 20th September 2021, 10:47   #1296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
Not sure if the wireless Android auto will be provided to existing owners through a software update. Going to drop a note to Tata motors asking for the same.
Attachment 2208861
I was very hopeful of this coming as an update but given the screenshot says its over WiFi and not bluetooth and given I have not seen any other feature on WiFi in the Safari before this this seems a hardware update as well so I see very less chances of the initial Safaris getting this.

I think #NewForever seems to be a strategy of trickle feeding features constantly which IMHO is an annoying strategy and people will gravitate towards more completely packaged competitors.

What #NewForever should be is to also bring in all these features as updates available to existing customers for a fee which will truly make the car a platform, give them additional revenue opportunities and customer touchpoints throughout the lifecycle of the car which will be a game changer as then it becomes #NewForever not just for the manufacturer for existing customers too and will give a tremendous boost to loyalty.

This could also get fence sitters to convert to buyers knowing that even if the car today is missing a couple of features that they need it will be available as an upgrade down the line.

This will also allow them to launch features being cognizant of the chip shortage as those can come in later.

But then given this is Tata Motors I dont have much hope they will see the potential.
nainan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 10:55   #1297

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigbarai View Post
Congrats ! Mind sharing what deal / offer you got from this dealer ? Either reply over here or a PM is okay.
Hi,
There were no financial offers / deals on table. However they managed to match the insurance quote which i got .
dsingh70 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 06:45   #1298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nainan View Post
I was very hopeful of this coming as an update but given the screenshot says its over WiFi and not bluetooth and given I have not seen any other feature on WiFi in the Safari before this this seems a hardware update as well so I see very less chances of the initial Safaris getting this.
I can't be sure without testing it but my 2017 Ford Ecosport had wifi just to update software and for nothing else. It was not in the feature list but I have connected it to my home network and checked for updates. So it is possible that the infotainment has wifi capability but not quoted. Owners could confirm this.

Last edited by Jude300 : 21st September 2021 at 06:47.
Old 21st September 2021, 21:57   #1299
BHPian

I am buying a Safari XE from Sagar Motors, Noida. They have one in stock, which was manufactured on 01-Jun.

I am wondering how come such a high-selling car couldn’t be sold for almost 4 months. Is XE a really slow-selling variant and can there be anything wrong with the car?

Please suggest what all I should check before writing the cheque.

Thanks
ntomer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 23:23   #1300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post

Please suggest what all I should check before writing the cheque.

Thanks
On why does the XE variant does not sell much, it appears to me that the buyer feels the competitors at that price point offer a whole lot of features as compared to the Safari's XE variant. The Safari's XE variant appears barebone in face of its competition to the feature hungry buyers of today.

I guess you would benefit from reading this Team-bhp article, please go through this.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buyin...ring-date.html (ARTICLE: Buying a New car with an Older manufacturing date)
Old 23rd September 2021, 18:26   #1301

Recently completed long drive from Pune to Kota(Rajasthan) and then after a week break from Kota - Katra - Patnitop - Natha Top- Kota
and then back from Kota to Pune in my tata safari XT.

Drive was ultra comfortable.

Liked the handling, steering control and confidence being inside. Am very happy with my purchase.

Max speed -- 130-140Kms/hr.

Overal clocked

PUNE- KOTA - PUNE(6316 Kms) (includes katra trip too). Mileage looks impressive. However, did not correlate actual.

KOTA - KATRA - NATHA TOP - KOTA(2850 kms). Did not correlate actual mileage
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Tata Safari Review-punekotapune.jpeg  

2021 Tata Safari Review-kotakatrakota.jpeg  

ashishkg is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 16:34   #1302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varman742 View Post
Yesterday I had an interesting observation about tyres of my Safari Adventure Edition. The tyres also have the tropical mist color on the outer edge of the wall! In the last 4 month of ownership I didn't notice this even though I have been cleaning the car myself but observed this suddenly to my pleasant surprise.

Attachment 2199422

Attachment 2199423

Has anyone else noticed this too?
Happens with my Tiago as well. Usually this happens when i drive on highway in rainy days.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Tata Safari Review-img20210924161436.jpg  

tushky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 21:06   #1303
Senior - BHPian

I’m not sure if it’s just my perception, but when I checked out the Safari today I felt that the doors just lacked the weight or heft, however one may put it in words. For reference I own a 1st Gen Creta and I just didn’t feel that kind of weight on the safari’s doors. Usually in all cars, the front doors feel a lot heavier than the rear, but in the Safari even the front doors felt a lot lighter. Could be use of light weight but stronger steel. But just checking if others felt the same way too.
motorworks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 00:49   #1304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
I’m not sure if it’s just my perception, but when I checked out the Safari today I felt that the doors just lacked the weight or heft, however one may put it in words. For reference I own a 1st Gen Creta and I just didn’t feel that kind of weight on the safari’s doors. Usually in all cars, the front doors feel a lot heavier than the rear, but in the Safari even the front doors felt a lot lighter. Could be use of light weight but stronger steel. But just checking if others felt the same way too.
Agree. When I checked out the Safari in the showroom, I felt the doors to be lighter when compared with my 1st Gen i20. Not sure how does it corresponds to safety of a vehicle, experts can chip in on this. To top it all TATA has still not crash tested the Harrier and the Safari which also doesn't help either in blowing away this thought.

Irrespective of this, we have gone ahead and booked the XTA+ variant of the Safari.
Rshreyansh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 11:23   #1305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rshreyansh View Post

Irrespective of this, we have gone ahead and booked the XTA+ variant of the Safari.
I'm curious to know that why didn't you wait for few more days to check the XUV700 in person? The launch is near 7th of Oct 2021 and prices will be out on Monday i.e 27th as per the latest update.
rpmmachine is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks