Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2022, 08:19   #2041
ask

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Hi All, this is my first post in Team-BHP. A bit about myself: I am from Bangalore and I presently drive a 3rd generation Honda City which is about 10.5 years old. After being a silent reader for many years, I have decided to join as a member and start contributing. @Moderators - thanks for approving my membership request.

I have recently booked the Tata Safari XZA+ Adventure Edition (Orcus White). I am expecting the car to be delivered in another 4-6 weeks. Can't express how useful I found the reviews and posts in this thread, to help me narrow down on my decision.
ask is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 08:22   #2042
BHPian

My Safari completed 1 year on 6th April. It has been driven almost 9900 kms. I took it in for the third service. I told the SA about the vehicle veering towards left and he said that wheel alignment will correct the issue.

After the service the vehicle was still veering towards left as if wheel alignment had never happened. I went in again the next day and the GM service joined for a drive and both agreed on the issue being present. He suggested that they do a wheel calibration but the issue might come up again if driven over bad roads. The dealer can vouch for the job only for 6 months if the vehicle is driven on proper roads. I left the car for wheel calibration. After collecting the car I took the SA and the GM service for a drive again and the problem was controlled but it still persisted.

The GM service tried to blame the uneven roads.
I knew that the problem here is something more than that can be corrected by whee alignment and calibration. I told the GM service about other cars on Team-BHP having the same issue. They simply refused to admit that their cars have a problem.

I took the contact number of the Regional Manager of Tata Motors and told him about the issue. Got a vague reply from him regarding an action plan from the production team. The mail has still not come their side an how to resolve this issue.

I’ve reached a point that I’m quite fed up of the vehicle. Although a small issue, it is quite dangerous and cannot be ignored. Many a times it also takes away from the pleasure of driving this otherwise amazing car.

Fellow members facing similar issues please let me know.
ashish2135 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 09:06   #2043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish2135 View Post

I took the contact number of the Regional Manager of Tata Motors and told him about the issue. Got a vague reply from him regarding an action plan from the production team. The mail has still not come their side an how to resolve this issue.
Is there an escalation above the regional manager? The cost of these cars are around the prime cars now for which you get a vip treatment. We cant accept them to treat us as the old days of Indica models time.
Old 11th April 2022, 09:38   #2044
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My Safari completed 1 year on 6th April. It has been driven almost 9900 kms. I took it in for the third service. I told the SA about the vehicle veering towards left and he said that wheel alignment will correct the issue.
It's getting late to fix the alignment, please take it to competent alignment shop outside and get it done. ASC does not have the technician who can do it properly, you will only waste your time writing emails.

Your tires are wearing out unevenly in the meanwhile as I found out with our Safari and those are pretty expensive tyres. You need to balance them and align them, even the balancing is not done properly from factory.

I had posted about the same on the Harrier thread. All new owners get the alignment checked in a good shop outside within the first 5K kms.
Kosfactor is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 15:17   #2045
BHPian

Hi all,
Having completed around 24000 kms so far, I have found these two modifications or rather essentials to be the best value for money for increasing the ownership and driving pleasure. My only regret is that I did not do this earlier.
1) EBC brake fluid.

2021 Tata Safari Review-ebcfluid.jpg

To me, its the best thing that you can get for your vehicle and more so for the safari. The braking is very progressive and predictable now. With the OE brake fluid, I always had to brake early or drive very defensively. Now, I feel more in control of the vehicle. The difference is felt even more in highways. It costs a bomb at Rs. 3400/litre but when safety is involved, I decided to bite the bullet and go for it. Best decision IMO.

2) Door Sound proofing.
2021 Tata Safari Review-safaridoorpad.jpg

I decided to upgrade my audio system with enhanced speakers, 4 channel Amp and an underseat sub woofer. My installer suggested that I go for sound proofing the door both inside and outside for a better sound clarity. He insisted that I try it once and after 2000 kms, no regrets. The cabin is super silent now and the wind noise from the side windows is more audible than the engine and the road noise. Now I feel that I'm driving a car which is worthy of 21 lacs.
So, folks try it and you wont regret it. Will keep you updated with future additions.
Neil Roy is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 15:44   #2046
BHPian

Quote:

After the service the vehicle was still veering towards left as if wheel alignment had never happened. I went in again the next day and the GM service joined for a drive and both agreed on the issue being present. He suggested that they do a wheel calibration but the issue might come up again if driven over bad roads. The dealer can vouch for the job only for 6 months if the vehicle is driven on proper roads. I left the car for wheel calibration. After collecting the car I took the SA and the GM service for a drive again and the problem was controlled but it still persisted.

Congratulations on 10k. I know this issue, a few fellow harrier owners have had it. No it isn't because of "bad roads" that's just silly.
Please ask them to explore the viability of performing a 'subframe shift'. It's worked for people for whom alignment / balancing / calibration / everything else didn't work.
Old 11th April 2022, 16:41   #2047
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post

To me, its the best thing that you can get for your vehicle and more so for the safari. The braking is very progressive and predictable now. With the OE brake fluid, I always had to brake early or drive very defensively. Now, I feel more in control of the vehicle. The difference is felt even more in highways. It costs a bomb at Rs. 3400/litre but when safety is involved, I decided to bite the bullet and go for it. Best decision IMO.
Brake fluid needs to be replaced according to the schedule, why do you want to add another INR 3-4K to the expense?

I would stick to OEM brake fluid as I`m not sure if others are compatible with the oil seals inside the brake system \ ABS unit etc.
Kosfactor is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th April 2022, 19:54   #2048
BHPian

Quote:
I told the SA about the vehicle veering towards left and he said that wheel alignment will correct the issue.

Fellow members facing similar issues please let me know.
There are few videos of Safari and Harrier owners who have shared similar issue as you have said and this issue of left pulling is from the Dicor days in the Safari

Below are the links for reference, first one is of a Harrier owner who claims that the problem is resolved and second one is of a Safari owner who is also saying that the issue has been fixed.

SaurabhSaran is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th April 2022, 19:58   #2049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy
Door Sound proofing.

I decided to upgrade my audio system with enhanced speakers, 4 channel Amp and an underseat sub woofer. My installer suggested that I go for sound proofing the door both inside and outside for a better sound clarity. He insisted that I try it once and after 2000 kms, no regrets. The cabin is super silent now and the wind noise from the side windows is more audible than the engine and the road noise. Now I feel that I'm driving a car which is worthy of 21 lacs.
So, folks try it and you wont regret it. Will keep you updated with future additions.
Is the Sound proofing done at Speedfreaks ?
Can you give some more details on the cost, days of workmanship and if there are any warranty issues after doing this work ?

And if we do a complete water wash, are the speakers/ sub-woofers safe ?
How much is the warranty period of the audio system and the sound proofing ?
I am asking these details as I was also looking to do the same but somehow because of above questions, I decided to wait.
RaghavEvoX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2022, 16:59   #2050

Quote:
My Safari completed 1 year on 6th April. It has been driven almost 9900 kms. I told the SA about the vehicle veering towards left

The GM service tried to blame the uneven roads.
They simply refused to admit that their cars have a problem.

This was one of the primary reasons I kept myself away from Tata Cars. I had once gone to get my friend's Nexon serviced. It had starting problem in the early mornings of winter. (The winter is very mild in my city). I asked the SA to rectify this, and his reply was this happens in all the Nexon. This shows two points of service centres and advisors, one is if a problem is there in every vehicle, then it's not a problem, and the second is, they don't have an attitude of solving/accepting issues.

Second is, when I took the test drive of the new Safari, the rear suspension had more vibrations than usual. I pointed out the same they outright denied it was present. I immediately took the test drive of Harrier, and there were no such abnormal vibrations. This was even confirmed by my father, who accompanied me.

Knee falling on the centre console was rejected stating that i have not adjusted my seat properly before driving.
carbon17 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2022, 20:50   #2051
BHPian

Sharing the multiple issues i have been facing on my brand new Tata Safari

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post5299047
revved_up is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th April 2022, 21:26   #2052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meph1st0 View Post
Looks like you did not read through the team-bhp official review . It is mentioned in the beginning (2021 Tata Safari Review).
Ha ! I asked this in the hope that just as hexa XTA had RWD, maybe safari XTA has RWD
Old 20th April 2022, 00:23   #2053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Sharing the multiple issues i have been facing on my brand new Tata Safari

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post5299047
The only reason why i would not go for a tata, have owned the 2.2 dicor safari and those 7 years taught me more then what i would learn at a mechanic ITI diploma course
I mean hats off to Tata for making cars in india and loaded with tech and features, all the more power to them honestly, however as a customer when you pay your hard earned money only to be taken for a ride, its unfair to be honest. Hope you get your issues resolved soon sir and have a hassle free ownership ahead
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 13:14   #2054
BHPian

Hi All, I have cancelled my Carens booking and booked Safari XMA yesterday. Primary reason for cancelling Carens was doubt on build quality (Creta is also 3 star so doubt Carens will exceed that)and delay in delivery timelines. Since budget is a bit stretch for me I find XMA quite VFM for my requirement.

Existing XMA/XM/XE owners have you gone for wheel rim change or alloys in 16inch? I am fine with steel rims too but would like to have a wheel cover for better aesthetics. Any good brand for wheel covers? Or should I upgrade to 17/18 inch alloys please suggest.

Following changes as planned (as when budget permits)
1) Tyre Change (Yoko Geolanders post delivery)
2) 7D Mat
3) Rear Camera (not sure if any external one is compatible with existing infotainment)
4) Seat Covers

TIA
autoweirdo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 16:36   #2055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoweirdo View Post

Existing XMA/XM/XE owners have you gone for wheel rim change or alloys in 16inch? I am fine with steel rims too but would like to have a wheel cover for better aesthetics. Any good brand for wheel covers? Or should I upgrade to 17/18 inch alloys please suggest.
TIA
Hi, I'm a XMA owner and I'm sharing the link to the accessories that I purchased during delivery below.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5098200 (2021 Tata Safari Review)
I have also installed Dashcam with rear camera on mirror display by Pricol/Xenox. It records both front and rear continuously and shows video of reverse camera in the mirror when you reverse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghavEvoX View Post
Is the Sound proofing done at Speedfreaks ?
Can you give some more details on the cost, days of workmanship and if there are any warranty issues after doing this work ?

And if we do a complete water wash, are the speakers/ sub-woofers safe ?
How much is the warranty period of the audio system and the sound proofing ?
I am asking these details as I was also looking to do the same but somehow because of above questions, I decided to wait.
I dont understand complete water wash but so far, there has not been any issues. As far as warranty is concerned, Sound proofing is just a sticker on the door gaps and hence it should not be any issue. Including Amp, speakers and sound proofing, it was a one day job. Work was done by AUTOGRADE, Saidapet and I'm happy. I am not an audio freak so the sound quality was not my primary concern. Since the door panels are opened, I decided to upgrade my speakers. OE TATA is also Hartmann but only 30 Watts whereas present speaker is 120 Watts. Sound is definitely improved.
Neil Roy is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks