Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2022, 14:41   #2131
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Hi All,

Anyone has experience with using the below wireless charger. I saw a video on Youtube and it appears to fit very snugly in the space. Any reviews welcome.
I have had the same, but bought it from different vendor.
we could not fit this charger pad in the default wireless space in current models. may be it can be trimmed to fit there, but am not ready to take chances.
hence I am keeping it in between gear lever and hand rest after Auto hold button.
yes, it will eat some space from bottle holder. but it solves my purpose of having wireless charger
aks_karthik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 15:24   #2132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
we could not fit this charger pad in the default wireless space in current models. may be it can be trimmed to fit there, but am not ready to take chances.
Thanks! Although in the youtube video which also is latest harrier AT, it does seem to fit snugly.
Maybe i will take a chance to order and if it doesnt fit, return it.
Old 18th May 2022, 16:27   #2133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! Although in the Youtube video which also is latest harrier AT, it does seem to fit snugly.
Maybe i will take a chance to order and if it doesnt fit, return it.
Yes, good idea. might be, they modify the size. breath is the issue and not the length.
but many other brands are selling the same model for Rs.600-800. I forgot from where I bought mine and for Rs. 600 only. will share, if I remember it
All these products are made in China.
Mine is working for more than 8 months without any issues other than overheating on certain times.
aks_karthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 18:42   #2134
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, good idea. might be, they modify the size. breath is the issue and not the length...
Mine is working for more than 8 months without any issues other than overheating on certain times.

So except not fitting and heating up when actually charging it does ok.

This reminds me of a famous Bengali poem, about a prospective groom - he is short, dark and fat, has failed matriculation 19 times, and has no income of his own, but other than that he is a fantastic prospect.
chinkara is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 18:56   #2135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkara View Post

So except not fitting and heating up when actually charging it does ok.

This reminds me of a famous Bengali poem, about a prospective groom - he is short, dark and fat, has failed matriculation 19 times, and has no income of his own, but other than that he is a fantastic prospect.
Hahaha. I told at times it's heated up, not sure about the reason though.
But for Rs. 600, it's VFM & solves my purpose of charging my phone and keep it safely as well due to it's sticky property. mobile won't move a bit in any terrains.

Fitting: i know it well before getting it, but i wanted to trim and fit it in the given space. it looks good sitting near auto hold button. so just leave it. when time permits, need to do some jugaad work and trim to fit in the slot next to gear lever.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 18th May 2022 at 18:58.
aks_karthik is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 19:45   #2136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavinder View Post
You should insist for the PDI first & only after you are satisfied make the payment. For my recently bought Harrier, I completed the PDI in the dealers' stockyard & then did the payment required for vehicle registration. I must say the Tata Motors dealership were very accommodative throughout.
I thought hard, and cancelled my booking. Oh yes, other than "thinking hard" I also visited a couple of nearby Tata ASS. The experience did not evoke confidence about the upkeep of my hard earned 30 L
Contrapunto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 01:47   #2137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari Persona View Post
Thank you very much for taking the time to give a detailed response!

My use case for the car will be very specific. When I am traveling, I will be driving the car myself and there will be 3 additional passengers at most, so we will not really need the extra capacity that the bench seat provides. And when I am not traveling, it will be chaffeur-driven with just 2 additional passengers, so we will again not need the extra capacity that the bench seat provides.
Thank you so much!
The Captain seats do offer enhanced comfort and going by your estimated use case, you really don't need the bench. Another advantage is if you are going in for the top-end trim, you will get ventilated seats in the middle row too. My 2 cents - go for the 6 seater with ventilated seats
Pashin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 11:30   #2138

Congratulations @VarunMohan on completing 1year / 15000 Kms with your Tata car.

You are bang on when it comes to deficiency in services and Sagar Motors Noida's outlook to improve.

Have been using a Tata car ourself since 2019, we had visited this service center twice only, in 2020 and 2022, with a difference of more than 18 months, even when we live in NOIDA itself.

In order to evaluate whether the Sevice Shop's Management made any positive improvement after the first feedback in early 2020, we even ensured using the same Service Advisor who attended the car first in 2020.

Unfortunately, the second experience in 2022 (at ~43000kms) was still as bitter as the first one.

Ironically, their CS team was quick enough to request feedback score on WhatsApp.

In turn our feedback (and a lengthy one) highlighted each deficiency observed in mechanicals as well as cleanliness of the car was brought to their notice.

As would happen with any organisation which is reaping benefits of monopolistic market, there was NO ACKNOWLEDGEMENT talk less of a RESPONSE from the Service Centre.

They finally responded after ~30+ days, but not until the complaints were escalated to TML's Regional Head - Services Delhi NCR they were forced to connect.

Reason cited for not responding to our feedback was the CS Head being on leave.

Quite amusing and hard to digest, this Service Center doesn't have a alternate individual attending to customers' concern when CSM is on leave.

What's more surprising is that the Head of Services at Sagar Motors Noida feels responding to customers'concern is below his dignity or may be not that important. We couldn't find any other reason why he / she couldn't attend to our feedback especially when it was rated a DISMAL 2 on a scale of 10.

As we write this update, we are sitting at a distant service center in Delhi getting all the deficiencies of Sagar Motors Noida rectified at our cost.

NOT RECOMMENDED at all and will never visit them ever again.

If at all we are forced to visit them with no other option, we would prefer selling our Tata car.

For the moment would recommend all Tata Car Owners in Noida who have experienced similar "High Handed" attitude of Sagar Motors Noida to visit Tata Motors Cars Service Centre - SAB Motors, Mathura Road 095997 81118 https://maps.app.goo.gl/sGLBRmh9cGBMQADB8

We believe, not only every penny spent should be accounted for but your investment should also bring you peace of mind and satisfaction.

Rest is your decision!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varunmohan View Post

1 year / 15000 service done at Sagar Motors, Noida

1. Very visible black spots all over on the large white bonnet
  2. Mechanics / cleaning guys dirt hand prints left all over the inside of the car – seats / doors / dashboard
  3. Chrome of the car was not cleaned at all and looked all rusty
[*] SA immediately started asking the cleaning guys / supervisor to look and fix the issues, but they only made a very half hearted attempt. I could feel as if the cleaning guys were not bothered at all. SA even suggested that he can try to get the black spots removed by using petrol but I wasn’t sure if that could damage the paint and so I stopped.[*] I understood then that cleaning is not something that this Service centre takes seriously and so I made my mind to get the car thoroughly cleaned inside out from some other detailing shop and left the service center as is.[/list]
TerraTrippers is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 19:19   #2139
BHPian

Update on the wireless charger:

I had decided to take a chance and order the wireless charger after seeing the below video

I bought it from the below link:

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Got the charger delivered today and it fits perfectly in the space provided. The usb, i have plugged into the usb port behind the armrest.

2021 Tata Safari Review-unnamed.jpg

Will use it over the next few days to see how good/bad the wireless charging is. Shall update this thread.
revved_up is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 19:42   #2140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update on the wireless charger:
Great to hear.
what's the size of the charger. any size measurement given in the box. possible could you check the length and breath and share here.

Edit: just noticed. in Amazon itself, it's been provided.

2021 Tata Safari Review-capture.jpg

Last edited by aks_karthik : 20th May 2022 at 19:47.
Old 21st May 2022, 08:36   #2141
BHPian

Has anybody fitted a roof box & bars to a Safari with a sunroof?

My plan (if I could go ahead with the Safari) is to move my current setup from the S Cross to the Safari. My current setup on the S-Cross can be seen in the following link: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...23-,9063,-Aiel (Maruti S-Cross : Official Review)
Old 21st May 2022, 09:56   #2142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post

My plan (if I could go ahead with the Safari) is to move my current setup from the S Cross to the Safari. My current setup on the S-Cross can be seen in the following link: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...23-,9063,-Aiel (Maruti S-Cross : Official Review)
Not on the Safari but yes, on the Harrier, video in Malayalam.

rakesh_r is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2022, 13:02   #2143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Edit: just noticed. in Amazon itself, it's been provided.
Attachment 2310477
I have trimmed my wireless charger pad in the edges and it's now fit snugly and routed the power cable through the sides using pricking tool till the USB port in hand rest.
cable is almost invisible and wireless charger is working perfectly.
It's done after months and happy for the outcome.
will post the pics later.
aks_karthik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 08:06   #2144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
4. A lot of very thoughtful features sprinkled all throughout the car. A big one- plenty of USB charging points- 2 in all 3 rows. Even more if you do not smoke and can use the cigarette lighter point with the ubiqtous adaptor. The top end (except for #dark edition) even has wireless charging in the small nook under the center console.
Now this came as a surprise reading your post. I had my dark edition delivered on march 29th, neither the sales guy nor us had a wireless charger support phone during PDI
so I didn't check and hoped if didn't work will have warranty covered.
Couple of rides with friends we checked and noticed it didn't work and was always with a thought either its faulty or we aren't keeping it right and with no phone at home to check I ignored until I want to sales guy to check again.
And the funny part was he wasn't aware either that dark edition doesn't come with wireless charger. He took a photo and said he will mail to Tata and check why it isn't working and stuff.

Now this put me off, The Tata Safari main website comparison does mention this feature being absent for dark edition but Sales guy is selling it saying comes with the feature. Its not big money or a must feature but selling a product by describing a feature that doesn't exist is really not acceptable for me. Apparently, the feature on dark edition is removed from march onwards but vehicle manufactured before march 2022 seem to come with wireless charger. How bad from Tata to charge same price but not give feature.
Gave my peace of mind to the Sales manager about the whole incident, the sales executives should be aware.
Interestingly carwale still shows this feature is present in dark edition.

So my advise, go to tata website and compare the feature between models than trusting your advisor. Carwale also seem to be outdated.

2021 Tata Safari Review-whatsapp-image-20220521-2.32.38-pm.jpeg
abacusv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 09:16   #2145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post
I was looking for options and bumped on these ones. Buy never cared to order as I would rarely need it. My travel is mostly with 4 or 6 occupants.

Link here

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks