Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2022, 16:56   #2056
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
I have also installed Dashcam with rear camera on mirror display by Pricol/Xenox. It records both front and rear continuously and shows video of reverse camera in the mirror when you reverse.
Thank you for sharing the link, the mods you have done is just fantastic and completely enhances the look. For the mirror, did you installed it for outside or showroom itself and approx cost of same. Also the alloys are they TATA Harrier alloys? If you wont mind can you please share brand ,spec of alloys and cost of this wheel upgrade change. Thanks.
autoweirdo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2022, 00:57   #2057
BHPian

Hello everyone,
I wanted to share a recent positive experience with the Tata ASC here in Patna.

My Safari is October 2021 make XTA+ variant. The car has clocked around 6000kms on the ODO, hence was due for its second service. Booked the service for 12/04/22 through call with ASC.

After reaching the service centre, an SA was appointed to me. Courteous guy but more focused on getting the Underbody Anti-rust coating done on my car instead of listening to me. One issue plaguing my car since Day 1 was a grinding noise from the front brakes which was heard at crawling speeds( to be exact- when you lift your foot from the brake pedal and the car starts creeping forward or backward). Reported it to the SA, got the usual affirmation that it will be checked(reported it in the First service too, problem still persisted).

Oil change was to be performed in the Third service so the car was ready by evening. Reached the service centre in the evening, SA asked me to check the car if the problem was still there, to my agony it was. He called the technician, who said its normal, I disagreed and told the SA that I would like to raise a complaint with Tata(not knowing how helpful would that be after reading so much about it in our forum). After this, he had a talk with the Service Manager who acknowledged that its not normal and requested me to not register a complaint and made a video of the noise and said to me that he will send it to the Area Service Head and proceed accordingly. I went home, received a call from the ASC yesterday that Tata has asked them to replace the front brake pads on my car, they do not have it in stock and told me to bring the car in after 5-6 days. So for now, I'm waiting for the brake pads to be replaced, will update when it happens.
Overall a positive experience. Planning to write a comprehensive Inititial Ownership review soon.

Adding a picture of my mischief-maker:
2021 Tata Safari Review-img4714.jpg
Thanks.

Last edited by Aditya : 1st May 2022 at 06:50. Reason: Number plate masked
Rshreyansh is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 21st April 2022, 13:34   #2058
BHPian

Hello! I'd paid the booking amount for the Tata Safari XZA+ Dark sometime back to Key Motors, JP Nagar, Bangalore. This was on the 6th of April. Today, after 15 days, they called and said the allocation has been done by the company. Can I request information on a few aspects please?

1. Do I pay the entire amount of the vehicle now?
2. Is there anything I should check or ask for before I make the payment?

Thank you!
Old 21st April 2022, 13:53   #2059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandytimes View Post
Hello! I'd paid the booking amount for the Tata Safari XZA+ Dark sometime back to Key Motors, JP Nagar, Bangalore. This was on the 6th of April. Today, after 15 days, they called and said the allocation has been done by the company. Can I request information on a few aspects please?

Thank you!
Congratulations!

Before you make final payment, it is better to do the PDI of the vehicle. You can refer to the Team-BHP PDI checklist here: https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/pre-...pdi-check-list

Today, I am with a friend to check his Nexon at dealer's stock yard and got the information that all cars are coming with one key only. Please take confirmation on this as well.
Old 21st April 2022, 14:15   #2060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghavEvoX View Post
Is the Sound proofing done at Speedfreaks ?
Can you give some more details on the cost, days of workmanship and if there are any warranty issues after doing this work ?

And if we do a complete water wash, are the speakers/ sub-woofers safe ?
How much is the warranty period of the audio system and the sound proofing ?
I am asking these details as I was also looking to do the same but somehow because of above questions, I decided to wait.
There is no need for damping the Tata Safari , as there is already big foam damping so there would be no rattles. I have seen myself as i have to get the dent removed from driver side door panel.
Also there no big holes which are there in maruti and hyundai doors so damping is not required at all.
I have been listening to good bass punjabi songs on zxa plus safari , there has been no rattle of plastic panels.

Last edited by Safari_Beast : 21st April 2022 at 14:17.
Safari_Beast is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2022, 22:55   #2061
BHPian

Quote:

Thank you!
1. Wait until the car reaches the dealership. If you planning to get it financed, get that process started with your bank. Make the payment once the dealership is ready to get the vehicle registered.

2. Do a PDI once before you do the full payment.
sswaroop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2022, 10:14   #2062
BHPian

May I request my esteemed friends here for a list of the accessories that they feel I should go for in the XZA+ Dark 7 Seater? My delivery should be coming in soon (Key Motors, Bangalore)...
Old 24th April 2022, 10:42   #2063
BHPian

Quote:
May I request my esteemed friends here for a list of the accessories that they feel I should go for in the XZA+ Dark 7 Seater? My delivery should be coming in soon (Key Motors, Bangalore)...
Congrats. Below is what I will recommend:
- Mats
-Mudflaps
-Led ups grade for low beam
- horn upgrade if you feel like.
Old 24th April 2022, 12:25   #2064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Congrats. Below is what I will recommend:
- Mats
-Mudflaps
-Led ups grade for low beam
- horn upgrade if you feel like.
Thanks so much! just a couple more suggestions, please..
1. Would you suggest 3D or 7D Mats?
2. LED Upgrade: Do the dealers do this on request before delivery?
Old 24th April 2022, 13:15   #2065
BHPian

Quote:
3D or 7D is personal choice. I have Tata 3D ones.
Led upgrade has to be done outside.
revved_up is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2022, 09:02   #2066
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you yet once again! Your input has helped me firm up my mind on this..
Old 25th April 2022, 09:57   #2067
BHPian

Quote:
I am a bit confused about about the LED upgrade. Is it just bulb replacement you did and which ones did you get?
Old 25th April 2022, 14:14   #2068
BHPian

Tata Safari prices have increased, no confirmation from dealer on price protection. Since I have booked XMA the revised price hike is approx. 15K on road.
Just a quick check who got deliveries recently, how much was actual waiting post your booking of vehicle? Thanks.
Old 25th April 2022, 16:32   #2069
BHPian

Quote:
Buy the slightly expensive ~Rs. 8.5K MaXpider Kagu 3D mats from the Harrier as they dont have one yet for the Safari, but dealer Shringar from double road has agreed to get me the 3rd row when available by paying the differential amount, this is my 3rd mat after Octavia, Jetta and now the Safari (albeit without the 3rd row).

I recommend you dont change bulbs to avoid any warranty complications
Old 25th April 2022, 18:03   #2070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoweirdo View Post
Tata Safari prices have increased, no confirmation from dealer on price protection. Since I have booked XMA the revised price hike is approx. 15K on road.
Just a quick check who got deliveries recently, how much was actual waiting post your booking of vehicle? Thanks.
I had to wait for more than 6 weeks before I got the confirmation about the allocation of the vehicle from Tata Motors to the dealer. At the time of booking the waiting period was around 4-6 weeks which was later increase to 6-8 weeks. However, SA was initially confident to deliver the vehicle in March 2022 itself but that didn't happened.

The waiting time depends on the variant and the color selected, as the user @Sandytimes posted above that he got allocation call from the dealer within 15 days, that too for #Dark edition. I had to reach out to multiple contact points at TML for early allocation from the 6th week onwards.

No communication so far on the increased cost from the dealer.
SaurabhSaran is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks