Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2022, 19:23   #2236
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
I am also 6'2 plus over weight as well , i found safari has better headroom and space then xuv700. Also its easier to ingress/outgress as well in safari , also as @Poitive mentioned try making the seat lowered plus take it to the last position and you would be set. My knee doesn't touch the dashboard until i move the seat forward. Also regarding the steering as you were owning wagonr then you would feel the steering heavy but only on standstill.
Headroom, ride quality and space is why I bought Storme ahead of the XUV500 8-9 years ago. Incidentally I test drove the cars last time when my mom was with me, and she felt the XUV ride was worse than my then vehicle Wagon R.

Steering - I was comparing with Storme, not Wagon R. I just felt seating was more comfortable even in my Wagon R. But as you said, maybe I'll find the right position if I spend a longer time with it. Not buying without confirming that though.
chinkara is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 19:58   #2237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyguy View Post
. I was waiting for the Scorpio N with bated breath but again something about the design is off for me so can't lock that either, add the crazy waiting periods for XUV 7OO and I'm now utterly confused.
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed79 View Post
I had some hopes with ScorpioN, but it does not appeal to the heart. I don't like XUV700 either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Honestly, for all that the Storme gave us, we are going to find it difficult to find a replacement. (My 2013 Storme has now done 1.14L)
I think a lot of us had high hopes from the ScorpioN and i really believe the problem for us is that our baseline is the Storme, i came back with mixed feelings. My thoughts on the new Scorpio -
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5355368 (Mahindra Scorpio-N Review)
Old 14th July 2022, 15:05   #2238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyguy View Post
Wow, must've been one crazy accident to total the Beast, hope everyone was Ok.
Storme rear ended a truck on highway. Probably I had dozed off at wheels. Everyone is fine now.

Quote:
I guess I will drive the Storme for as long as I can and wait for a worthy successor. 7 years and counting..
Even I had planned to keep Storme for 15 years. It had completed just 6.5 years and 32k on odo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
How has your search been going on ? Can be discussed in the related thread about buying a used Safari.

Honestly, for all that the Storme gave us, we are going to find it difficult to find a replacement. (My 2013 Storme has now done 1.14L)
I had originally planned to replace Vista (currently 11.5 years, 40k kms) in 2022 with a safe small car. Storme was planned to complete 15 years with me. An unplanned expenses of about 25-30L is difficult as I have some other financial commitments. So currently buying Tiago/Punch which will replace Vista in 1-2 years, and at that time I will buy replacement of Storme. Car which I found closest to Storme was Hexa. But even Hexa has been stopped. Once I am ready to buy Storme's replacement in 1-2 years, I will start a new thread.
Old 15th July 2022, 18:19   #2239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed79 View Post
My only additional requirement in current Harrier-Safari is Adaptive Cruise Control, which i hope will be added in the facelift in next 1-2 years, as there in no better alternative.
I have heard only negative feedback about Adaptive cruise control in india. GTO had mentioned that ADAS doesn’t work properly even in the german premium cars. Its very nauseating it seems. I wouldn’t want my car braking randomly.
BlackMambaXX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2022, 22:00   #2240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMambaXX View Post
I have heard only negative feedback about Adaptive cruise control in india. GTO had mentioned that ADAS doesn’t work properly even in the german premium cars. Its very nauseating it seems. I wouldn’t want my car braking randomly.
The sole reason for Adaptive Cruise Control is that if my Storme had have Adaptive cruise control, the accident on a well marked almost empty highway would have been averted, and I would have been enjoying my Storme even today. Looking at the accident video recorded from my dash cam, Adaptive cruise control would probably have been effective. So ADAS is what I am looking for in my next car. I think it will come in Harrier-Safari in next 1-2 years.
speed79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 00:21   #2241

Hi, I am a new BHPian and a recent proud owner of Tata Safari XTA+ 2021 model. I have a few questions which I couldnt find answers to and hoping someone can help me here. Apologies if this thread is not the right place for this as I said I am new here so pls guide me.

- As soon as I received the delivery, Tata upgraded their models with wireless android auto. In my first month service, I told the dealership to upgrade the software in my car but they said it was not possible. Different people gave different reasons - someone said it was only possible for the highest variant XZA series while other person told that it requires a hardware change. But i think they may be misleading me and dont want to do the work. So is there anyone in my boat i.e. owning 2021 XTA+ and got this done? Pls let me know if this upgrade is possible or not?

- The tyre pressure display doesnt seem to be in the right order. First time I thought the picture is upside down. So the left is right and vice versa. But yesterday one of the tyre pressure went low and from the display I couldnt make out which one. So I got the mechanic to fill air one by one and observed the display. Looks like it is top-bottom flip. Hilarious mistake. Anyone observed the same?

I got flat tyre within 1 month and then low pressure a month after. In my previous drive - love of my life Ford Fiesta - I didnt have a single flat tyre in first 4-5 years. So I am bit surprised about the quality of tyres of Safari.

Another minor question which I couldnt figure out and was too lazy poke around in the manual is - how to turn off the radio. You can mute it but there is no option to turn it off once it is ON.
safari1808 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 15:00   #2242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari1808 View Post
In my first month service, I told the dealership to upgrade the software in my car but they said it was not possible.
So is there anyone in my boat i.e. owning 2021 XTA+ and got this done? Pls let me know if this upgrade is possible or not?
The XTA+ & XZA+ have the same Infotainment system so the upgrade should work. Check if your version is v18 or above. Please insist on the software upgrade and it gets enabled by itself. Mine is an XZA+.

Quote:
- The tyre pressure display doesnt seem to be in the right order. First time I thought the picture is upside down.
Have not faced this but might get resolved with the software upgrade.

Quote:
I got flat tyre within 1 month and then low pressure a month after. In my previous drive
1 year now had a single puncture so dont have any complaint on quality of tyres.

Quote:
how to turn off the radio. You can mute it but there is no option to turn it off once it is ON.
You can turn off the infotainment by long pressing the same button.
Old 18th July 2022, 10:00   #2243

Quote:
Originally Posted by nainan View Post
The XTA+ & XZA+ have the same Infotainment system so the upgrade should work. Check if your version is v18 or above. Please insist on the software upgrade and it gets enabled by itself. Mine is an XZA+.
Thanks Nainan. I will try it. My six month service is due today with same dealership. Let me stress on it this time.

However if anyone here with XT/XTA+ can confirm that he got it done, it would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nainan View Post
You can turn off the infotainment by long pressing the same button.
That turns off the entire infotainment and the moment I turn it on, radio is already ON.
Old 21st July 2022, 10:59   #2244
BHPian

Hi everyone, Good day. Finally got my Team-BHP membership after being an avid follower for 10+ years.
Got my Royal Blue Tata Safari XTA+ 2022 delivered recently. I will write an extensive ownership review once I get the permission for the same.
Replying to @safari1808 "So I am bit surprised about the quality of tires of Safari." yes stock tires are not good. Bridgestone ep 850 are hard low rolling resistance budget grade tires. Recently did 1000+ drive with Safari and found these tires hard affecting both the handling and ride comfort. Swapped them for Continental sport contact 5 tires. Initial thoughts based on short a ride- difference is night and day. I will be doing another 1000+ journey in 3 weeks. Will update the tire review here after that drive.
vegitakarthik is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 16:57   #2245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by So I am bit surprised about the quality of tires of Safari."[/B
yes stock tires are not good. Bridgestone ep 850 are hard low rolling resistance budget grade tires. Recently did 1000+ drive with Safari and found these tires hard affecting both the handling and ride comfort. Swapped them for Continental sport contact 5 tires. Initial thoughts based on short a ride- difference is night and day. I will be doing another 1000+ journey in 3 weeks. Will update the tire review here after that drive.

Most manufacturers go in for mass market tyres. If my memory serves me right the Compass was equipped with Firestone Tyres and the Koreans have been using Kumho or some other brands.

Tata generally provides Bridgestone/ Apollo tyres which have good life but may not be the best in terms of grip or tyre noise.
rajneeesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st July 2022, 18:35   #2246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
Tata generally provides Bridgestone/ Apollo tyres which have good life but may not be the best in terms of grip or tyre noise.
My Safari XMA was delivered with Apollo Apterra HP tyres, grip wise they are fine and also very low noise. Didn't find any reason to change it so will keep it till grip and noise level is maintained. But I am sedate driver with speed around around 90-110 kmph, the tyres are quite silent and no issues in rains / ghat sections.
autoweirdo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 10:26   #2247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari1808 View Post

- The tyre pressure display doesnt seem to be in the right order. First time I thought the picture is upside down. So the left is right and vice versa. But yesterday one of the tyre pressure went low and from the display I couldnt make out which one. So I got the mechanic to fill air one by one and observed the display. Looks like it is top-bottom flip. Hilarious mistake. Anyone observed the same?

I got flat tyre within 1 month and then low pressure a month after. In my previous drive - love of my life Ford Fiesta - I didnt have a single flat tyre in first 4-5 years. So I am bit surprised about the quality of tyres of Safari.
The Service guys will have to plug in their diagnostic Lappie and do the correction. Ask them to check the tyres as well.
Better option IMHO ...go to a competent Tyre dealer. and check if all tyres are of the same Manufacturer. Could be a wheel and tyre change by the dealer before selling the Safari to you. Do this after the TPMS Correction at the Authorized Service Centre.

Last edited by boohooper : 24th July 2022 at 10:28. Reason: To make a point clearer.
boohooper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 16:18   #2248
BHPian

Hello All,

Today, I received my 2nd car key door delivered by Sai Baba Autowheels in Pune.
Its really incredible to see them taking this responsibility by calling customer about key arrival in their dealership and delivering them by hand with zero follow-ups.
I had completely forgotten about this and never checked with them from the time of delivery. I am delighted that they didn't.

Name:  NewKey1.jpg
Views: 1134
Size:  70.4 KB

Name:  NewKey2.jpg
Views: 1078
Size:  56.5 KB
ramjiramu is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 18:42   #2249
BHPian

Hi BHPians,

My Tata Safari just went for some work to the Tata service center (Malayalam Tata, Kochi). The main concern was that the flip fold seats in the 2nd row was not working, some issue with the cable - this is a major concern with me as I need the last row seats for weekend commutes.

Now coming to the service experience - for the lack of an exact word - it was appaliing!!!

I called up the service center on 25 Jul to arrange for a pick up, and I was willing to pay the pick up charges. They said that all slots are full and gave an appointment for 2 Aug. I decided to take a 1 off my very busy work schedule and go and drop off the car myself on 26 Jul morning. I dropped the car off on 26 Jul and got back home and back to work. I got busy with work and by 4pm ish, I had realized that no one had updated anything on the progress. I called back the service advisor and checked for updates - he told he will update me and the car is in WIP.

By 5.30 ish I receive a call from the SA and informed me that the car is still being checked and that it would be ready by 12pm the next day.Next day, 27 Jul, I get a message from TAMO saying that the service booking on 27 is confirmed. I beleive this is when they started working on it.

By afternoon, the SA calls and says that there is something wrong with the parts and the team is checking on it. He later says that the car is ready to be picked up. I was so busy with work that I said that I will pick it up the next day to which the SA said that the service center is closed the next day. I requested my brother to pick it up on the promise that I will drop him to office the next day. To my suprise, following are the info shared with my brother:
a. The cars seat mechanism is not rectified. They have sent photo to Tata to claim warranty on some parts - I never was informed of this!
b. The car is not washed, despite the job card having this written!

The car was at the service center for 2 full days, with no absolute result! It will need to go back for service again after they sort out the warranty thing!

I don't know how I will cope up with this going forward.
NotanF1driver is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 19:05   #2250
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotanF1driver View Post
Hi BHPians,

My Tata Safari just went for some work to the Tata service center (Malayalam Tata, Kochi). The main concern was that the flip fold seats in the 2nd row was not working, some issue with the cable - this is a major concern with me as I need the last row seats for weekend commutes.
Give it a good tug and see if that fixes the problem. A car wash guy fixed it for us when the Tata ASC could not. He obviously did not listen to me when I told him to leave that seat alone, he gave it a nice pull and it came unstuck. For him its all about vacuuming the carpets.
Kosfactor is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks