Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2022, 20:30   #1801
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Folks, i have finally booked XZA+ Dark Edition and awaiting delivery. I am being offered the 2 year AMC for 39K.
Please advise if its worth it?

As per my calculation, its not going to cause any savings compared to paying at the time of services in these 2 years.

Please share your thoughts. Cheers!
revved_up is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 22:54   #1802

Many congratulations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
As per my calculation, its not going to cause any savings compared to paying at the time of services in these 2 years.
Even I had been offered same and felt would not be much of saving compared to paying at time of servicing hence opt out of AMC for now. They said it can opted in at later time as well.
satyapj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 00:16   #1803
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthsense View Post
If you press the accelerator with EPB engaged, the car will disengage the parking brakes. It will not drag the vehicle with rear wheels locked.

Oh it absolutely will and I left a nice mark in front of my house when I initially took off with the test drive vehicle without disabling the parking brake

There is an auto disable given to the parking brake as a convenience feature if it meets some criteria however, it is not the same as auto hold. EPB is the same as using the handbrake while auto hold maintains pressure in the brake system to brake all 4 wheels exactly the same as you holding down the brake pedal. It basically just pretends that the brake pedal is still pressed even after you take your foot off it. EPB is only supposed to be used after you park your vehicle.

Also on an unrelated note: Did anyone get a Safari 7s dark allotted yet? I booked my 7 seater ZXA+ dark last week and have yet to be allotted a car nor have I received a VIN. Apparently they are mainly producing 6 seater versions as of now as per the sales person.
Old 4th February 2022, 08:28   #1804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Also on an unrelated note: Did anyone get a Safari 7s dark allotted yet? I booked my 7 seater ZXA+ dark last week and have yet to be allotted a car nor have I received a VIN. Apparently they are mainly producing 6 seater versions as of now as per the sales person.
I have also booked XZA+ 7S on 1 feb. Yet to get a confirmation on allotment. Though service advisor has assured delivery within Feb.
revved_up is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 13:50   #1805

Quote:
Also on an unrelated note: Did anyone get a Safari 7s dark allotted yet?
I booked XZA+ Dark edition (7-seater) on 23rd Jan, and have got confirmation on allotment as well. Expecting delivery early next week.
satyapj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 17:43   #1806
BHPian

Quote:
Also on an unrelated note: Did anyone get a Safari 7s dark allotted yet?
Hi Cresterk,

My dealer told me today that Dark XZA+ 7S is readily available in stock. This is in Kochi, Kerala.

I don’t fancy dark edition and need to wait though.
NotanF1driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 18:35   #1807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotanF1driver View Post
Hi Cresterk,

My dealer told me today that Dark XZA+ 7S is readily available in stock. This is in Kochi, Kerala.

Yes i was told, all dealers were allocated and sent one Dark edition car by default from TML at the time of launch. After this, cars are coming on order.
Old 5th February 2022, 18:49   #1808
BHPian

I test drove Safari XZA+ Automatic today and here is my observation.

Pro's:
1) Car feels nice to drive and has good visibility overall
2) Sun roof is quite big and is good
3) Bad roads are quiet nicely handled
4) Engine-gear combination works quite well
5) Ventilated seats (though test car did not have it) in both front and mid row is an awesome feature especially with summer approaching.
6) JBL speakers are good but did not feel awesome
7) Third row seats are genuinely useable
8) Overall, Car offers good value for money

Did not like so much:
1) The Engine is not very refined and engine noise can be felt inside cabin
2) I did not like the look and feel of steering at all. Steering leather felt hard, buttons felt cheap, the mid area where horn is located has cheap plastics and overall did not feel nice to hold and drive
3) Steering is hard at slow speeds
4) The captain seats looks small and could be challenging for hefty people. Also, the side arm rest felt very thin and did not offer adequate support
5) There were several areas where i felt hard areas touching drivers body. The right elbow where you rest while driving is hard, left knee touches dashboard part which is hard, the driver arm rest is too far behind and hard to rest.
6) I saw Gold model in Black which was getting ready for delivery and did not like the gold ascents at all. I wish TATA offered the same features but without GOLD in regular colors. With GOLD ruled out and Wife's preference not to go for BLACK color (hence DARK edition ruled out), only choice is XZA+ 6S.
7) The sales person was not sure if the latest XZA+ 6S come with ventilated seats. He said that TATA has not officially communicated to dealers so far and also the web site does not list this feature yet.
8) I did not like the BREAK play at all. There was no response at all even if pushed 3/4th and the last 1/4th did all the breaking. This might have been specific to test drive car.
9) With all 3 rows up, there is hardly any room for cargo (it is even worse than XUV 500)

Some context to my observation
1) Currently I own Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium and hence there might be more "Did not like parts". I need to replace this Car now and hence looking for alternatives.

Status after Test Drive
Not sure if this is the Car to go for but definitely offers lot more for the price it commands.
It would be great to hear observations from the existing owners.

Last edited by Acelerar : 5th February 2022 at 19:01.
Acelerar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th February 2022, 20:57   #1809
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
I have also booked XZA+ 7S on 1 feb. Yet to get a confirmation on allotment. Though service advisor has assured delivery within Feb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satyapj View Post
I booked XZA+ Dark edition (7-seater) on 23rd Jan, and have got confirmation on allotment as well. Expecting delivery early next week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotanF1driver View Post
Hi Cresterk,

I finally got a call today from the Kochi dealer saying my car was allotted. They said it will take 5-6 days to reach the showroom from the factory so now the waiting game begins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acelerar View Post
7) The sales person was not sure if the latest XZA+ 6S come with ventilated seats. He said that TATA has not officially communicated to dealers so far and also the web site does not list this feature yet.

Some context to my observation
1) Currently I own Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium and hence there might be more "Did not like parts". I need to replace this Car now and hence looking for alternatives.
All currently manufactured XZA+ variants come with ventilated seats on 1st row in 7 seater variants and 1st and 2nd row in 6 seater variants as per Tata's latest advertisements and twitter posts. Make sure you get a 2022 manufactured car instead of old stock and it will be fine.

Funny you are switching over from an Endeavour, I chose the Safari mainly because I was too late to pick up one of the last few units of the endeavour before it sold out.

Also is anyone familiar with the new fancy number auction system in Kerala? According to my sales assistant, you need to wait till you have paid road tax before you can bid for one (not sure if he said that just to try and persuade me to pay for the car before it reaches the stockyard and doing my PDI.) The bidding takes time and the auction finalises only on a particular day which will add another week to the delivery time if I have to wait for the car to reach the showroom first. I was wondering if I could start bidding or book it now.
Cresterk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2022, 21:53   #1810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acelerar View Post
It would be great to hear observations from the existing owners.
Mate, the same engine on the Hector and Jeep Compass feels a lot more refined. It is due to the overall NVH management that one finds it lacking on the Harrier+Safari. Contrary to many, I actually liked the steering feel on this one - liked that it was not as video game like as it is on many EPS systems (found that a major turn-off on the XUV700).

Though not an owner, I did test drive most of the 'SUVs' in the segment and shared fairly detailed reports focused more on the driving experience than features.
Link here
Poitive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2022, 22:09   #1811
BHPian

Even XUV 700 had no escape from the punch of reloaded TML.

Tata Harrier+SAFARI : 4265 units.
MM XUV 700: 4119 units.
Hyundai Alcazar : 3168 units.
MM Scorpio : 3026 units.
Toyota INNOVA CRYSTA : 2433 units.
MG Hector & + : 2039 units.
Jeep Compass : 861 units.
Kia Carens : 575 units.

Source : AutoPunditz
TorqueIndia is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th February 2022, 08:23   #1812
BHPian

Quote:
Also is anyone familiar with the new fancy number auction system in Kerala? According to my sales assistant, you need to wait till you have paid road tax before you can bid for one (not sure if he said that just to try and persuade me to pay for the car before it reaches the stockyard and doing my PDI.) The bidding takes time and the auction finalises only on a particular day which will add another week to the delivery time if I have to wait for the car to reach the showroom first. I was wondering if I could start bidding or book it now.
Yes, the bidding process can begin only after you pay road taxes. Instead of getting a registration number, you will get a reference number (not sure of the actual term) with which you can reserve a number. Number allotment happens on Mondays. So, if you get the car registered with the reference number on a Monday, you have to wait till the next Monday for allotment. At the same time, if you get the reference number on a Friday, you will still get the number on the coming Monday.

Hope you got it. You still can do PDI before the car gets a reference number, it just adds a day to this process, that's all. Do note you can only take delivery after you complete the whole process and get the standard number plate fixed on the car. Miss the good old temp number system.
NotanF1driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2022, 09:42   #1813
BHPian

Changed the booking from XZ to XT plus as i was too scared of the white interiors and wife and kid wanted the sunroof, no matter what.
Has anyone upgraded the audio system on the Safari or Harrier and is their way the stock space for subwoofer can be used when getting the word done from outside. Does upgrading the audio system cause any issues with the warranty?

Regarding the mats, any recommendations welcome. I like the 7D mats but is where should I get the from?

It seems I have no option but to get the side step installed since elders find it very hard to get in the backseat. How is the feedback on the sidestep from the Tata dealers. Should I get installed outside? What are the options?

Last edited by SinghP09 : 6th February 2022 at 09:45.
Old 6th February 2022, 10:09   #1814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghP09 View Post
Has anyone upgraded the audio system on the Safari or Harrier and is their way the stock space for subwoofer can be used when getting the word done from outside. Does upgrading the audio system cause any issues with the warranty?
I am also trying to get the stock subwoofer installed in my XTA+ Harrier. Checked with both showroom and TASS, they have flatly refused saying it is not an option. If you hear otherwise, pls do let me know.

Also, hope you are going for the automatic (XTA+) and not the manual. Not only is it great from a convenience factor, the gearbox tuning is superb. Also minimises the knee touching dashboard issue.
Old 6th February 2022, 10:21   #1815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhatt View Post

Also, hope you are going for the automatic (XTA+) and not the manual. Not only is it great from a convenience factor, the gearbox tuning is superb. Also minimises the knee touching dashboard issue.
I will check if I can get similar sub woofer from outside.

Regarding AT, I love driving MTs and 90% of my driving is on awesome highways so don't see the point of spending extra when I am going to drive 5th or 6th gear most of the times.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks