Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2021, 10:01   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Citroen C5 Aircross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
I don't understand some BHPians fussing over lack of some features.
  • Ventilated seats- Yes, necessary.
  • Wireless charging- Really not at all required. It's painfully slow to charge and wireless compatible phones are very less. ...
to this post. Other than ventilated seats (a must) I can't see any point in other features, especially wireless charging. I fact, I am really appalled by seeing these much TBHPians downgrading a car just because the lack of a trivial feature.

Numerous wireless charging adapters are available in Amazon and elsewhere and I would rather invest in one as it can be ported from car to car. No plans to do so since I don't have a phone with wireless charging although I have three cars.

I'd any day prefer a car that comes with Michelin as OEM tyres, over funky electronics.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 16th February 2021 at 10:04.
sandeepmdas is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 10:28   #92
Senior - BHPian

Going by the review, the C5 Aircross looks like a super-impressive product. More competition = better products for the consumer.

Though I haven't seen the car in person, I wonder why companies can't invert controls to suit RHD. A simple change in the wiring diagram is all that'll be needed in most cases. The only difficult case (but inexcusable) would be the underframe spare wheel which is mounted on the right side in the Kia Grand Carnival.
landcruiser123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 10:37   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
This car is CKD means it should have almost all the features which are available in the international market. The UK site mentions that

The Citroën Connect Box with integrated SOS & Assistance, wireless smartphone charging and ConnectedCAM Citroën® complete the comprehensive connectivity offering.

Still, we see that the wireless charging along with connected car technology is missing. How?
Maybe an ultra shine variant is being planned for later, incase they get a good response

That said I completely agree, when its a CKD, they could have atleast got all the features they give abroad, the price segment they are targeting is not cheap. Don't understand why a new entrant would not put its best foot forward for the first product launch.
Old 16th February 2021, 10:42   #94
BHPian

Amazing review as always.

How difficult would it be to get these media cars on a lift to see the underbody and include a "mechanical extravaganza" section in our reviews similar to the popular automotive YouTube channel; Savagegeese ?
It'd give a detailed insight on the cars making and it's service life in the owners hands.
Taha Mir is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 10:45   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't understand some BHPians fussing over lack of some features.
I think the fact that most of its rivals are at Mid / end life stage while this is a new launch. This makes the comparison the way it is, i.e. higher expectation from from a car which will potentially be in the market in its current form for 3-4 years.

Also, the high-handed premium which the company is planning to charge, needs to be justified in a country like India, especially for a brand that has no recall and belongs to group with questionable reputation.

I believe this will be great car in 2-3 years time-frame for someone like me to explore in the used car space

Last edited by 2000rpm : 16th February 2021 at 10:48.
Old 16th February 2021, 10:47   #96
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Agreed with BHPians. More than the features, what I really care about is the depth of engineering. In terms of build (it's s-o-l-i-d), engine, gearbox, suspension & NVH, the Citroen is either the best in class, or second best. The single feature I'd miss is a better sound system / subwoofer as I live on music, and it's a very important component of my driving time. But hey, I can always upgrade the speakers. Try improving the build, gearbox or high speed manners in the after-market .

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
@GTO: not an apple to apple comparison, yes, but between the C5 Aircross and Skoda Superb (TSI/ TDI), how would you compare the 2 for a family of 5 (where maximum adult height is 5'8")? For road trip touring and senior citizens comfort during such trips?
Both are good, man. It's like choosing between Nike & Reebok. Superb will have the advantage of space (rear passengers will love it), features & a more opulent cabin, but the Citroen will be way more economical (turbo diesel over turbo petrol) and have superior ground clearance (Superb is soft + long wheelbase).

Both cars will be excellent options to do a Bombay-Goa drive in; selecting between them will really come down to whether you are a crossover or sedan guy, brand preferences, design appeal and petrol vs diesel. I reckon the Citroen will be priced much lower than the Superb too.

Last edited by GTO : 16th February 2021 at 10:50.
GTO is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 10:52   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
I think the fact that most of its rivals are at Mid / end life stage while this is a new launch. This makes the comparison the way it is, i.e. higher expectation from from a car which will potentially be in the market in its current form for 3-4 years.
Looking at the competition (read Compass and Tucson), Compass recently received a comprehensive update and should not receive any new update atleast for next 2-3 years. For Tucson, I believe we might get the new one by next year end, but I feel there would be a substantial price revision. That said, after two years, I believe the C5 will get a mild facelift with a few features thrown in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
I believe this will be great car in 2-3 years time-frame for someone like me to explore in the used car space
We seem to be in same boat. I am looking for a used car in this space at about 15-16L price range by next year, and this could be a great option!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
In terms of build (it's s-o-l-i-d)
Would you rate the following cars out of 10 in terms of build quality?

1) Ford Ecosport (Because my dad owns one)
2) Jeep Compass
3) C5 Aircross

Last edited by 07CR : 16th February 2021 at 10:58.
Old 16th February 2021, 11:03   #98
BHPian

If the pricing is right, the market may respond like how it responded when MG Hector or Kia Seltos was launched. However, the points that may go against its favor currently are

1) The limited rear seat space, as many have pointed out already.
2) 3 individual rear seats (a point of differentiation just for namesake, IMHO) which are only fit for, well, 'fit' people. Hope they give the customers an option of a regular rear seat bench with a center armrest.
3) 4-star safety rating. Its direct rival Jeep Compass has already earned a 5 star rating in ANCAP crash ratings.
Ashar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 11:10   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It's very stable at high speed. Yes, it has more roll in fast corners than a Compass or Seltos, yet nothing alarming. In control. Grip levels solid. Tyres hardly squeal, unless pushed really hard.
Or is it because you drove the Safari and C5 Aircross back to back that the roll felt quite lesser in comparison?

On the other hand, the car is being promoted with comfort as USP by Citroen. As some BHPians have rightly mentioned, this could be one heck of a choice for someone like me who loves comfort over anything from the car, in the used car market in 2026. And as all European cars, the resale will be stinking low I hope.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 16th February 2021 at 11:13.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 12:24   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Agreed with BHPians. More than the features, what I really care about is the depth of engineering. In terms of build (it's s-o-l-i-d), engine, gearbox, suspension & NVH, the Citroen is either the best in class, or second best.
Would you say this is German level build quality, fit and finish?
Old 16th February 2021, 12:51   #101
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

This question has been gnawing at my mind ever since all the reviews went live. Why are most reviewers comparing/benchmarking the C5 Aircross only to the Tucson/Tiguan/Compass? Why not extend the comparison to the Safari/Harrier/Hector trio also? If it because the C5 is a segment below in terms of size/space (it is...) or is it because it's going to be in a segment above by the virtue of its price (Maybe it's a way for some reviewers to be sending an indirect message on the pricing). Bhpians, please share your thoughts.

Last edited by Aditya : 16th February 2021 at 22:31. Reason: As requested
sierrabravo98 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 13:10   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrabravo98 View Post
This question has been gnawing at my mind ever since all the reviews went live. Why are most reviewers comparing/benchmarking the C5 Aircross only to the Tucson/Tiguan/Compass? Why not extend the comparison to the Safari/Harrier/Hector trio also? If it because the C5 is a segment below in terms of size/space (it is...) or is it because it's going to be in a segment above by the virtue of its price (Maybe it's a way for some reviewers to be sending an indirect message on the pricing). Bhpians, please share your thoughts.
I would say the ride/handling/interior/performance/transmission quality/materials used in the Citroen is much better than the Harrier/Hector twins. Even the equipment levels are much higher than what is seen on Harrier and Safari, with Hector almost being neck and neck.

Therefore the comparison is not done with Safari/Harrier/Hector, not just because they have different price bands, but the other factors as specified above are much superior as well.

Last edited by Aditya : 16th February 2021 at 22:32. Reason: Quoted text edited
07CR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 14:29   #103
BHPian

Quote:
I would say the ride/handling/interior/performance/transmission quality/materials used in the Citroen is much better than the Harrier/Hector twins. Even the equipment levels are much higher than what is seen on Harrier and Safari, with Hector almost being neck and neck.
While it may have many better things going for it, Hector/Harrier/Their siblings and Upcoming XUV500, they are all bigger than C5. Their pricing vis a vis C5 is much better (if we go by all the rumor about its pricing). C5 is not Innova that people will happily pay much higher premium for it.

Tucson flopped while Compass succeeded because their was huge pricing difference though both offered similar level of creature comforts. Tuscon have many things going for it, it even had Hyundai network, which is totally missing for C5.

Its initial batches will sell out soon irrespective of price but if not competitively priced it will go Tucson way.
abhijet.sen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 15:08   #104
BHPian

Mumbai-Pune expressway detailed drive review. Must watch.

At 2:45, you will find fuel and adblue filler cap.
At 3:15, cruise control engaging mechanism.
At 6:30, ambient light demo inside a tunnel.
At 12:50, overtake car, quick acceleration from 90s to 130s in seconds.

Quote:
Suffice to say, after driving it, the C5 Aircross blew me away. Definitely among the more impressive cars I've test-driven in the last year. It's very sorted & an all-rounder in almost every way. I'd even buy it over the likes of the X1 & Q3 from segments above.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
If we give the pre-facelift Duster a 10 / 10 rating for ride quality, we will give the C5 Aircross an 8.5 / 10 score. We are sure that if Citroen gave the C5 Aircross 16 inch rims & taller tyre sidewalls, it would be a 10 / 10.
Mods, what is your view on C5 Aircross especially on ascent section on Lonavala ghat where we have most of the nasty patches of roads. Does it absorb concrete ridges with WOW or just good enough? How about quick overtake maneuvers during ascent?

Last edited by varunswnt : 16th February 2021 at 15:37.
varunswnt is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 16:12   #105
Senior - BHPian

Another excellent review!!

Quote:
It was a fun day with this & the Safari:
Attachment 2121720
Given the fact that Citroen C5 will be compared to Harrier/Safari duo, what according to you would be the 'justifiable' price difference over a equally equipped Harrier?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks