Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2024, 13:09   #316
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Finally owning the dream! BMW M340i Shadow Edition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aamishdhingra View Post
As I begin to write this story, its a lot emotional yet absolutely so grateful of god and my Parents who've been the constant support in my life and also helping me achieve my dreams.

Thanks for reading in, this is my first review and I really wanted to post this one being so close to my heart!
Hearty congratulations and welcome to the M340i club! I am sure this car will be an icon on the early 2020s times, which will be remembered in Indian automotive history as the one that brought sport car performance to enthusiasts at an accessible price. I say early 2020s as I am not sure the B58 will be available in the Indian market much longer anywhere below the X5/7-series range (or as the S58 avtar in M cars), due to ever tightening emission regulation.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2024, 20:45   #317
BHPian

Re: BMW M340i xDrive Review

Congratulations on the M340i! I got mine in the same colour on the 24th of September, 2023. Treat it well for the first 1000 kms and it will treat you well for a lifetime. Yes, its an insane machine.
krishsreedharan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 00:13   #318
BHPian

Hello,

What would you recommend as tire pressure for city driving during Pune summers? Temperatures regularly hit 36-40 degrees. Tire pressure is currently at 39psi. Is it alright and safe to lower to 36psi without damaging the rims and triggering warnings?

Tires:19-inch rims on P-Zero RFTs.

Also:

- What's a good tire and rim cleaner? Please assist
- Those gold rims that were on the early on Subaru WRCs, Colin McRae, Richard Burns, etc.. I want that combination. Does anyone know how much that costs and where I can find those rims?

Thanks,
Rahul

Last edited by Axe77 : 18th March 2024 at 03:59. Reason: Merging back to back posts. Please use EDIT / Multiquote.
Old 18th March 2024, 10:23   #319

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeMyWings View Post
Hello,

What would you recommend as tire pressure for city driving during Pune summers? Temperatures regularly hit 36-40 degrees. Tire pressure is currently at 39psi. Is it alright and safe to lower to 36psi without damaging the rims and triggering warnings?
Hi Rahul, congrats on the fantastic car. I have an M340i with the same terrible runflats. I maintain a city tyre pressure of 39PSI. But I drop it down to 36psi before a long highway run. In both cases when fully heated up it expands to about 40-41PSI. I drive alone 95% of the time.

So similar factors will determine your ideal pressure -
Highway vs City runs,
How many people and how much luggage you usually carry around,
Road conditions on your usual commute.

If you usually drive alone and mostly in the city, safest bet in the summer is go for Nitrogen at 38 or 39PSI.
Monster2810 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 00:13   #320
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

Tires:19-inch rims on P-Zero RFTs.
I had the exact same size wheel and tires for my X3M40i here in Seattle. Just changed the tires despite not needing to after covering 53,000kms with zero punctures.

My simple mantra is to check the air pressure once every 2-months

BMW Recommendations : 32 PSI (Front), 36 PSI (Rear)

I always keep : 34 PSI (Front), 38 PSI (Rear)

Always top up air pressure on cold tires at home. Above I guess helped me to enjoy these lovely RFT's for 53,000 kms with no issues.

Replaced with a Michelin Pilot Sport 4- All Seasons which are a notch above Pirellis.

I followed the 2 PSI above OEM recommendation all through my car ownerships and this as a thumb rule as always worked for me.
mobike008 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 01:30   #321
BHPian

Thank you Kris, wish you the best! Thank you for your advice Mobike and Monster, your advice is appreciated!

@Monster, as expected retro-fit of active dampers isn't possible due to the inherent complexity. We can continue to push BMW to offer these options for future car owners. I believe that if we do this collectively pan-India, the company will listen.

As a test, in the interim I'm following what's advised on the app and keeping it within the recommended range. I think the initial was at 41psi, which made it feel like I was driving on the rims. I reduced it to 39psi, and the ride is much better and so has the road noise reduced substantially.

My experience is as a single occupant in city driving on a mix of concrete and tar roads. The highways beckon, some medical restraints limit how long I can drive, hence taking it easy

@Axe77 & @Mods, my apologies for the goof ups with the posting rules, still getting acclimatized. Thank you for helping me adhere to them!

Last edited by BeMyWings : 19th March 2024 at 01:32.
Old 19th March 2024, 11:00   #322
BHPian

Re: Finally owning the dream! BMW M340i Shadow Edition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aamishdhingra View Post

A Solo Picture!
Attachment 2583488

Thanks for reading in, this is my first review and I really wanted to post this one being so close to my heart!
Aamish bhai, heartiest congratulations. She looks sexy as hell. Wish you thousands of kilometers with it. Do keep us updated!

Last edited by moralfibre : 19th March 2024 at 21:27. Reason: Please do not use any language other than English in your posts.
Old 20th March 2024, 00:59   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I had the exact same size wheel and tires for my X3M40i here in Seattle. Just changed the tires despite not needing to after covering 53,000kms with zero punctures.

My simple mantra is to check the air pressure once every 2-months

BMW Recommendations : 32 PSI (Front), 36 PSI (Rear)

I always keep : 34 PSI (Front), 38 PSI (Rear)

Always top up air pressure on cold tires at home. Above I guess helped me to enjoy these lovely RFT's for 53,000 kms with no issues.

Replaced with a Michelin Pilot Sport 4- All Seasons which are a notch above Pirellis.

I followed the 2 PSI above OEM recommendation all through my car ownerships and this as a thumb rule as always worked for me.
I completely agree. 9 years of BMW 328I ownership and not even a puncture. Maintain the recommended pressure or a couple of psi higher for best performance. And do note that the manufacturer recommended pressure is for cold temperature. If you drive around for a bit before filling air, then you must get 1-2 psi higher to counteract the increase in temperature. I would only be comfortable with slightly lower psi in tyres with large sidewalls and tubeless. Higher rigidity with higher pressure will suit a rft low sidewall tyre.

Also, nitrogen will give marginal benefit only if its purity is higher than 99% which is not usually the case. Then too the difference is imperceptible in most scenarios. Its blinker fluid for the modern automotive enthusiast.

Finally, after your initial set of tyres, just switch to a nice tubeless and enjoy added comfort with lower risk of tyre damage.
nmn.070 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 01:10   #324
BHPian

Some unfortunate news, (one of these is true). Either someone decided that it would be fun to run their keys over the right front door in my society parking OR a two-wheeler (its Pune, quite possible!) got too close and gave the right door a little kissy!

Fortunately (thanks to this forum and its members who have posted their experiences) I installed PPF, so that bore the brunt. What added to the misery, is that the CCTV cameras in the housing society weren't working for a few days, so that didn't record anything and now I have no way of proving anything. I figured I'd just install my own camera in my society parking.

While on the move, I needed advice and guidance on the following:
1. Is the BMW Advanced Car Eye 3.0 any good and worth the expense?
2. Would someone be able to give me a ballpark figure?

I'd prefer to use OEM parts for compatibility. I recognize that there will be a premium over aftermarket solutions, but I don't want to risk voiding the warranty.

Thanks, as always safe motoring!
Rahul
Attached Thumbnails
BMW M340i xDrive Review-img_1286.jpg  

Last edited by BeMyWings : 21st March 2024 at 01:12. Reason: Typo correction
Old 26th March 2024, 00:39   #325
BHPian

This looks particularly interesting, has anyone tried this?

I won't call it M3 levels of performance: p But it is kind of curious, if this helps the B58 achieve max potential. I'm also concerned about the impact the added load it has on the brakes and engine systems since they aren't intended for use.

It not that I'm going to go down that road right now, just exploring some options as I go down the ownership path.
Old 26th March 2024, 21:36   #326
BHPian

Quote:

While on the move, I needed advice and guidance on the following:
1. Is the BMW Advanced Car Eye 3.0 any good and worth the expense?
2. Would someone be able to give me a ballpark figure?

Rahul
It’s around 60K. I think it’s supposed to record some moments basis movement, if stationery and I am not quite sure if this incident would have been recorded. It’s more of front and back driving and major impacts I guess.

Last edited by Axe77 : 27th March 2024 at 02:43.
Old 27th March 2024, 01:13   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedricsg View Post
it’s around 60K. I think it’s supposed to record some moments basis movement, if stationery and I am not quite sure if this incident would have been recorded. It’s more of front and back driving and major impacts I guess.
Thank you, Cedric, I appreciate the insight. Its probably not as useful as I thought. I've already installed the security camera in my garage.

Thank you all for taking the time to answer my questions, I certainly appreciate it!

Rahul

Last edited by BeMyWings : 27th March 2024 at 01:13. Reason: Added name
BeMyWings is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks