Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2021, 14:35   #241
BHPian

Re: BMW M340i xDrive Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashesh View Post
Happy to share this with everyone. I picked mine on 20th Aug with 2+2 Extended Warranty as suggested.
Congratulations on acquiring the beast!

Could you please share the details of insurance and RTO charges from Bavaria? I received their quote and its considerably higher than the market rate.
the_skyliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2021, 16:20   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Could you please share the details of insurance and RTO charges from Bavaria?
I think I paid around 1,72 lacs for Insurance and 8,36 lacs for RTO Registration. Hope this helps.
kashesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2021, 17:47   #243
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakishRam View Post
So I opted for Racers pack, which came with black grill, alloys and so on.
Attaching the options for reference.
Oh wow. Missed the alloys. They look beautiful, way better than stock ones. Does the racer pack have option to chose from other alloy designs?

Edit: Saw the broshure, thanks for that. So the other alloys in the menu can be taken in the package? The jet black ones are beautiful of course.

Last edited by anandpadhye : 25th August 2021 at 17:51.
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2021, 18:09   #244
BHPian

Beautiful machine, excellent value for money as well. A shame they don’t sell it in black here 🙈
AJ56 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2021, 22:21   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Hey and I got mine delivered on 17th Aug in Gravit Grey. Sharing couple of pics. So if you see this car in Bengaluru, that's me - happy to join the Bengaluru M340i club.
Amazing colour & mods!! How efficient is the car in Bangalore traffic?
Old 25th August 2021, 23:12   #246
BHPian

I had tried the Racer's Pack. They told that they wont be able to buy back the old alloys and quoted me the price without the discount . So could'nt opt for the same .

@RakishRam: If yours came fitted with the Racer's Pack from the factory then I can understand the dealers position here. Since the car I booked was already with the dealer
Old 26th August 2021, 10:27   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepug View Post
I had tried the Racer's Pack. They told that they wont be able to buy back the old alloys and quoted me the price without the discount . So could'nt opt for the same .

@RakishRam: If yours came fitted with the Racer's Pack from the factory then I can understand the dealers position here. Since the car I booked was already with the dealer
That is surprising, with Racer's Pack & with higher Motorsport Pack, dealers have to buy back existing alloys. My dealer in Kerala did that.
And no, my car didn't come with Racers Pack from Factory, it was done at Kochi by dealer. Do check again or call/email BMW.

The only time they told no buyback of existing alloys is when I asked for the custom 19" upgrade (like the one Karan did)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ56 View Post
Beautiful machine, excellent value for money as well. A shame they don’t sell it in black here 🙈
Cant agree more, I skipped the first Lot booking hoping Black will come in next. And by second lot, the colour option reduced to two (Sunset orange taken off). That said, Gravit Grey quite closer to Black !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsharma2008 View Post
Amazing colour & mods!! How efficient is the car in Bangalore traffic?
Thanks, Still spending Onam vacation in Kerala, Bangalore traffic experience is by next week

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashesh View Post
Happy to share this with everyone. I picked mine on 20th Aug with 2+2 Extended Warranty as suggested.

Attachment 2197511
Congrats Kashesh
RakishRam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 10:33   #248
BHPian

@ RakishRam Thanks . Will check with them again. Let me see their response

Deepu
deepug is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 18:36   #249

Hey guys, does anyone have an idea about when the next batch of M340i going to be released?
Thanks in advance
Old 3rd September 2021, 13:29   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
I did not take any BSI package as my car will not be driven more than 5k kms/ year. I have just taken the extended warranty upto 4 years. All the best
Karan, one Question : How did they provide the warranty? is it just a warranty card stamped by dealer?

Reason for asking is this. I booked initially with dealer and on their request (for special package offer), booked online as well. However the online booking status stays as "booked" even today, while I got the car on Aug 17th. On asking dealer why status didn't move to invoiced and delivered, dealer said - it is due to fact that they gave me a car that was allocated to some other dealer/customer. Anything to worry here - do we need to have any online details with BMW for warranty and future dealings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridReaper View Post
Hey guys, does anyone have an idea about when the next batch of M340i going to be released?
Thanks in advance
Online booking is still On. Just try, it's just 50K. Did you contact any dealer?
Old 3rd September 2021, 20:08   #251
Distinguished - BHPian

With a 59 litre fuel tank, I am wondering about highway range of this car - What are owners here getting?

My 530i with its turbo 4 pot does about 11 kpl in highway runs when driven moderately, drops to 10 kpl when driven aggressively. When driven sedately in Comfort mode, (sedately = 110 kph in BMW speak!), it does return close to 12 and if I switch to EcoPro mode and drive sedately, it returned over 13 kpl in my most recent trip. So with a 66 liter fuel tank, I get a worst case 600+ KM range and a best care range of over 800KM. Range is important to me as I do a lot of trips to the hills and one way is close to 600 KM.

With an in-line 6 under the hood, I assume highway efficiency will drop to say 8 kpl, since there is no question of driving sedately in an M car So range could drop to about 450 KM, which is a bit of a concern.
Old 4th September 2021, 21:35   #252
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Karan, one Question : How did they provide the warranty? is it just a warranty card stamped by dealer?
Yes, its a signed & stamped booklet saying 4 years / 200,000 kms repair inclusive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
With a 59 litre fuel tank, I am wondering about highway range of this car - What are owners here getting?

My 530i with its turbo 4 pot does about 11 kpl in highway runs when driven moderately, drops to 10 kpl when driven aggressively. When driven sedately in Comfort mode, (sedately = 110 kph in BMW speak!), it does return close to 12 and if I switch to EcoPro mode and drive sedately, it returned over 13 kpl in my most recent trip. So with a 66 liter fuel tank, I get a worst case 600+ KM range and a best care range of over 800KM. Range is important to me as I do a lot of trips to the hills and one way is close to 600 KM.

With an in-line 6 under the hood, I assume highway efficiency will drop to say 8 kpl, since there is no question of driving sedately in an M car So range could drop to about 450 KM, which is a bit of a concern.
To get that kinda range (800+ kms) on the M340i it will have to be driven to achieve 14 km/l (which is possible, check this post: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post5115546 (My BMW M340i xDrive : Initial Ownership Review)). On my M340i, I still haven't seen the range go over 600 odd kms yet. Which still is a driving good range IMO.
karan561 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 22:40   #253

Quote:
Online booking is still On. Just try, it's just 50K. Did you contact any dealer?
Yeah, I am in touch with Deutsche Motoren. Since it’s first come first serve, it all depends on how many orders are placed with BMW. It’s not under dealer’s control.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th September 2021 at 08:06. Reason: Fixed broken quote.
Old 5th September 2021, 22:34   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridReaper View Post
Yeah, I am in touch with Deutsche Motoren. Since it’s first come first serve, it all depends on how many orders are placed with BMW. It’s not under dealer’s control.

okay - good luck. I hope you managed to do an online booking. If not, here is the link
Old 29th September 2021, 11:05   #255
BHPian

Seems like the second batch is sold out too? Don't see the online booking option anymore.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks