Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 4th October 2021, 00:01   #256

Default Re: BMW M340i xDrive Review

Hello BHPians, it has been an amazing experience with my M340i which really is a beast of a machine. I'd like to thank everyone who contributed to this thread and helped me make a decision. So now I wanted the car to make some more noise. Can anyone suggest to me some good exhaust upgrades for the car? Things I'd like to know -
(A) I'd prefer an exhaust in which I could change the exhaust note on the fly just like the current system, which gets louder when in sports plus.
(B) Would there be any ill effects of the same on the engine like increased vibrations or poor fuel economy?
(C) Which stores in Delhi NCR could help me with the installation of the same?
(D) Would it void the complete car warranty?

Thanks in advance!
Old 4th October 2021, 01:02   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-TownBeast View Post
Hello BHPians, it has been an amazing experience with my M340i which really is a beast of a machine. I'd like to thank everyone who contributed to this thread and helped me make a decision. So now I wanted the car to make some more noise. Can anyone suggest to me some good exhaust upgrades for the car? Things I'd like to know -
(A) I'd prefer an exhaust in which I could change the exhaust note on the fly just like the current system, which gets louder when in sports plus.
(B) Would there be any ill effects of the same on the engine like increased vibrations or poor fuel economy?
(C) Which stores in Delhi NCR could help me with the installation of the same?

Thanks in advance!
Yes, you can get the valved systems from a good manufacturer like Fi Exhaust or Akra or Dinan

There would be a bit more drone at cruising speeds, but nothing too obnoxious.

Yes it will definitely void the warranty as it is a mechanical change to the car. (Drivetrain plus electronics would definitely be void, what else is left )

GT tunerz in Delhi can help you with it if you do want to get an exhaust despite the warranty scare.

If you really want to try to keep warranty with a sportier exhaust, ask if the dealership can order an M Performance exhaust (available in other markets).
agambhandari is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 01:26   #258
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, will be a problem.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 07:13   #259
BHPian

Quote:
I wanted the car to make some more noise. Can anyone suggest to me some good exhaust upgrades for the car?
BMWs m-performance exhaust is your best bet considering brand new car. Your dealership can put a request to BMW India to import and install this part. If BMW India agrees then it shouldnt void warranty. I think forum member Graaja upgraded his suspension in similar fashion.
Comrade is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 17:34   #260

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Yes it will definitely void the warranty as it is a mechanical change to the car. (Drivetrain plus electronics would definitely be void, what else is left )
If you really want to try to keep warranty with a sportier exhaust, ask if the dealership can order an M Performance exhaust (available in other markets).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Yes, will be a problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
BMWs m-performance exhaust is your best bet considering brand new car. Your dealership can put a request to BMW India to import and install this part. If BMW India agrees then it shouldnt void warranty. I think forum member Graaja upgraded his suspension in similar fashion.
Thanks for your responses. I'll contact the dealership for the M performance exhaust and if it could be imported and wouldn't void the warranty, I'd definitely go for it.
Old 17th October 2021, 23:06   #261

Hello BHPians

A little late to the party but I picked mine up on Ganesh chaturthi last month and am enjoying every second of driving it. Glad to be part of the m340i Mumbai group thanks to Karan. I got mine in dravit grey and I love the way the color comes out with a golden tinge in light or sun. BMW has hit the spot with the spec.

Since we have quite a few owners on here now I was wondering whether anyone has done or is thinking of getting a PPF/Ceramic coating? If yes then do you have any recommendations on what type and where to get one done in Mumbai? Would love to hear from you guys

Most Viewed