Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2021, 00:01   #256

Re: BMW M340i xDrive Review

Hello BHPians, it has been an amazing experience with my M340i which really is a beast of a machine. I'd like to thank everyone who contributed to this thread and helped me make a decision. So now I wanted the car to make some more noise. Can anyone suggest to me some good exhaust upgrades for the car? Things I'd like to know -
(A) I'd prefer an exhaust in which I could change the exhaust note on the fly just like the current system, which gets louder when in sports plus.
(B) Would there be any ill effects of the same on the engine like increased vibrations or poor fuel economy?
(C) Which stores in Delhi NCR could help me with the installation of the same?
(D) Would it void the complete car warranty?

Thanks in advance!
M-TownBeast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 01:02   #257
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-TownBeast View Post
Hello BHPians, it has been an amazing experience with my M340i which really is a beast of a machine. I'd like to thank everyone who contributed to this thread and helped me make a decision. So now I wanted the car to make some more noise. Can anyone suggest to me some good exhaust upgrades for the car? Things I'd like to know -
(A) I'd prefer an exhaust in which I could change the exhaust note on the fly just like the current system, which gets louder when in sports plus.
(B) Would there be any ill effects of the same on the engine like increased vibrations or poor fuel economy?
(C) Which stores in Delhi NCR could help me with the installation of the same?

Thanks in advance!
Yes, you can get the valved systems from a good manufacturer like Fi Exhaust or Akra or Dinan

There would be a bit more drone at cruising speeds, but nothing too obnoxious.

Yes it will definitely void the warranty as it is a mechanical change to the car. (Drivetrain plus electronics would definitely be void, what else is left )

GT tunerz in Delhi can help you with it if you do want to get an exhaust despite the warranty scare.

If you really want to try to keep warranty with a sportier exhaust, ask if the dealership can order an M Performance exhaust (available in other markets).
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 01:26   #258
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes, will be a problem.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 07:13   #259
BHPian

Quote:
I wanted the car to make some more noise. Can anyone suggest to me some good exhaust upgrades for the car?
BMW’s m-performance exhaust is your best bet considering brand new car. Your dealership can put a request to BMW India to import and install this part. If BMW India agrees then it shouldn’t void warranty. I think forum member Graaja upgraded his suspension in similar fashion.
Comrade is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 17:34   #260

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Yes it will definitely void the warranty as it is a mechanical change to the car. (Drivetrain plus electronics would definitely be void, what else is left )
If you really want to try to keep warranty with a sportier exhaust, ask if the dealership can order an M Performance exhaust (available in other markets).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Yes, will be a problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
BMW’s m-performance exhaust is your best bet considering brand new car. Your dealership can put a request to BMW India to import and install this part. If BMW India agrees then it shouldn’t void warranty. I think forum member Graaja upgraded his suspension in similar fashion.
Thanks for your responses. I'll contact the dealership for the M performance exhaust and if it could be imported and wouldn't void the warranty, I'd definitely go for it.
Old 17th October 2021, 23:06   #261

Hello BHPians

A little late to the party but I picked mine up on Ganesh chaturthi last month and am enjoying every second of driving it. I got mine in dravit grey and I love the way the color comes out with a golden tinge in light or sun. BMW has hit the spot with the spec.

Since we have quite a few owners on here now I was wondering whether anyone has done or is thinking of getting a PPF/Ceramic coating? If yes then do you have any recommendations on what type and where to get one done in Mumbai? Would love to hear from you guys

Last edited by Sheel : 4th November 2021 at 10:10. Reason: No discussion about car brand specific WhatsApp groups please. Thank You!
carguykaps is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 10:17   #262
BHPian

Hello BHPians,

Excited to be a party of this wonderful community. And super excited for booking the 340i in Tanzanite Blue. Can't wait for the ride.

Any clue on the tentative timelines on delivery once the car is booked?
Old 26th October 2021, 10:58   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashdeepsingh View Post
Hello BHPians,

Excited to be a party of this wonderful community. And super excited for booking the 340i in Tanzanite Blue. Can't wait for the ride.

Congratulations! Quick question, I don't see the booking option online anymore, did you book it offline?
Old 26th October 2021, 12:58   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeshc View Post
Congratulations! Quick question, I don't see the booking option online anymore, did you book it offline?
Thanks!

Yes it's an offline booking. There is no option on the website.
Old 1st November 2021, 12:51   #265

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashdeepsingh View Post
Hello BHPians,

Congratulations Yashdeep. I share your excitement as even I booked a M340i in Dravit Grey around a month back with the dealer directly, just got informed today that i can expect delivery within two weeks. So hopefully your car has been manufactured in the same batch and you should expect it soon.
sartajg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 15:13   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sartajg View Post
Congratulations Yashdeep. I share your excitement as even I booked a M340i in Dravit Grey around a month back with the dealer directly, just got informed today that i can expect delivery within two weeks. So hopefully your car has been manufactured in the same batch and you should expect it soon.
Sounds awesome! Congrats buddy Must be the same batch I assume.. Countdown starts from today..Look forward!
Old 2nd November 2021, 23:19   #267
BHPian

Guys, iam in a dilemma between 340i and 530i since cost of both come around the same?

Is it possible to experience the engine adrenaline rush other than in the highway and how much is the mileage.?

I suppose we can get all features of 530i in 340i with a beast of an engine. 530 suspension appears good.
Old 3rd November 2021, 00:00   #268
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsvijay View Post
Guys, iam in a dilemma between 340i and 530i since cost of both come around the same?

Is it possible to experience the engine adrenaline rush other than in the highway and how much is the mileage.?

I suppose we can get all features of 530i in 340i with a beast of an engine. 530 suspension appears good.
I own the X3 M40i and have had the opportunity to driving the 530i (2021 model) for over a week as it was a loaner (Check for pics and details on my ownership thread)

I have also driven the M40i (Sedan version) on several occasions as it's owned by my friends.

There is absolutely no comparison of both engines (530i vs. M40i)

530i is 250 Horsepower and decently powerful but, after driving an M40i, you will immediately feel the lack of power and gives you the impression of a slow poke.

530i at an overall level feels more like a relaxed executive sedan.

X3 M40i/M40i on other hand makes you feel as if you are perennially on edge of seat with an adrenaline rush.Also, there is a huge difference in every other important dynamics aspect like the steering feel, suspension as everything is lot more sporty and tuned towards performance.

In summary, these are completely 2 different sedans and you should decide based on your priorities.

Hope this helps

Last edited by mobike008 : 3rd November 2021 at 00:02.
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2021, 00:16   #269
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsvijay View Post

Simple. If you have more money, would you be tempted to buy 7 series or M3? 530i series would have classier cabin feel, better suspension and ride with decent engine that surely won't disappoint. 340i would be a LOT about the engine and nimbleness. I suspect anyone who is tempted by 530i at the price of 340i is probably better served by 530i.

Quote:
Is it possible to experience the engine adrenaline rush other than in the highway...
Yes. Something like this:
Old 4th November 2021, 01:04   #270
BHPian

Thanks, guys, I will go with 340M then.

There seems to be no discount on it ~1.7 lakhs.

Last edited by Sheel : 4th November 2021 at 10:10. Reason: Please capitalize where required. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks