Senior - BHPian

re: MG Astor Review

MG Astor keyless driving experience highlighted in new TVC

Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 13:32   #152
BHPian

I am falling in love with those red interiors

In the initial photos they did not look good because may be the photos were clicked with camera flash on.

Yesterday I saw in the videos, it looks damn classy, less vibrant than what it looked in photos.
Old 23rd September 2021, 14:07   #153
BHPian

The 15+ lakh is quite worrying though. It starts to become Hector territory and will eventually cannibalize its sales.
BennyA23 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 14:08   #154
BHPian

16 Lakhs OTR give and take for the 1 Litre AT version (Highline Taigun) with 2 airbags and set features. Astor pricing will be a deciding factor for a lot of folks including me who are expecting a less priced proposition with more features than Taigun.
That along with the driving reviews of the Astor will tilt the scales even more. Things are getting exciting now.
Artyom is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 18:41   #155
BHPian

Has anybody tried the touchscreen infotainment system? How is it's response? Does it feel good to use & is it user friendly?
Old 23rd September 2021, 19:46   #156
Senior - BHPian

BHPians,

If you manage to see a MG Astor with Black/ Black & Ivory Dual Tone Interiors, please do click pic's of them from various angles.

Most of the videos on YouTube seem to be having Black & Red Interiors.

I too saw the same combination earlier this week in a showroom.

Will be posting a detailed 1st drive report in 1st week of October when Test Drive starts and will also be comparing it with VW Taigun.
CarguyNish is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 20:08   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muthu25 View Post
This is not a good attitude towards privacy. You should always keep your information as private and secure as possible or at least at the bare minimum to a company which you can trust who won't misuse your data. China has different privacy laws compared to other countries, that is why people worry about giving data to China.
I hope everyone is able to do it. Not everyone knows how to handle privacy. We have a huge population with internet on everybody’s fingertips. Cybersecurity is not an easy subject for the everyday joe.

And I completely agree with you that we should do our internet access with minimum sharing of private data.

Now if you look at the screenshot, it shows how many were stopped from tracking me.

My intention here was to show the people/companies out there to track your data.

Now, if such data can be provided by MG on request, or on board, it might do well with the prospective clients..

Food for thought huh!
KapilD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 20:45   #158
BHPian

God I am in love with the tastefully done red interiors of the Astor! Never been a fan of the overtly gaudy designs of the Hector and the Gloster but the Astor seems to be toning it down and is sure to appeal to more people. Personally I would trade the ADAS and the toy on the dash for a better sound system with a Sub-woofer, Ventilated seats and an auto dimming IRVM. Looking forward to the drives and price reveal. Hope the Turbo petrol will be able to hold a candle to the absolutely yummy 1.5TSI on the VW twins. Keenly watching this space.
Maverick_4662 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 21:17   #159
BHPian

Sad to see no Diesel Automatic version. I only want to buy Diesel Automatic and MG have nothing in same.
Nice Car and I am impressed with the Astor but again many buyers will turn around because of the lack of Diesel Automatic variant.
Old 23rd September 2021, 21:34   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
BHPians,

If you manage to see a MG Astor with Black/ Black & Ivory Dual Tone Interiors, please do click pic's of them from various angles.
Not sure if you have seen or not, but BHPian VKumar had posted one pic of Ivory Dual tone interior in this post. However, I agree that we need to see more angles of the same.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5156374
Caffeinated is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 05:38   #161
BHPian

I had a feeling that this thread would become a flame war with the MG's Chinese lineage. Can we please set that aside for a moment and discuss the car instead?

Coming back to the topic, I visited the MG showroom in Coimbatore and the SA was quite confident that the pricing would undercut Creta. He mentioned 8.99-14.99 lakhs(ex-showroom) as the price bracket, which sounded a little too optimistic to me though.

On related news, I visited a Honda showroom in the same city a few weeks earlier and compared to that, MG showroom is far better in terms of ambiance and hospitality.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 24th September 2021 at 08:51. Reason: Quoted post deleted
shibulijack is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 09:59   #162
BHPian

The Front grille is going to be a crowd puller. The way they have used the Chrome Bits around the MG Emblem is a new design language in itself. Hope, now all the other manufacturers bring in new design in terms of using the Chrome rather than splashing it in thick bits.

The rear MG emblem is used for the Boot Opening just like VW cars. But I wonder is it not patented by VW ?
Old 24th September 2021, 10:12   #163
BHPian

Yesterday evening managed to see Astor in Aurora Silver with red interiors. The colour was stunning. It was not the top end model. Still it was loaded with almost all the features. As per the Executive it is equivalent to "Sharp" variant and one more variant is expected to be above it.

It had all the features including Electronic Parking Brake,Autohold,360* camera, powered seat, sunroof, most of the ADAS features and AI

The executive told than in top end we will get "Brit Dynamic" badge , turbine inspired alloy wheel, car passport and parking reservation features.

But this model seems to be too good (at least with two less badging) and the simple alloy wheels.
das_ren_auto is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 10:37   #164
BHPian

Price announcement soon, but launch by Diwali - official statement.

“MG Astor was unveiled recently. We will be announcing the price soon. The launch will hopefully happen by Diwali,” said Gaurav Gupta, CCO, MG Motor India, after inaugurating a new sales facility in Chennai.

https://www.thehindu.com/business/mg...le36637524.ece

Launched in Indonesia as MG ZS. Brit Dynamic badge moves from side to back. I prefer the front grill introduced in Astor. Official commercial of ZS Indonesia given below: (Seems like they are targeting youngsters, just like how Taigun Ads are!)

Last edited by manpreetsj : 24th September 2021 at 10:41. Reason: Additional information added
manpreetsj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 11:25   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manpreetsj View Post
Price announcement soon, but launch by Diwali - official statement.

“MG Astor was unveiled recently. We will be announcing the price soon. The launch will hopefully happen by Diwali,” said Gaurav Gupta, CCO, MG Motor India, after inaugurating a new sales facility in Chennai.

https://www.thehindu.com/business/mg...le36637524.ece
OMG! I hope, this is wrong information and launch happens in Navaratri and deliveries commence by Diwali.

Astor is actually growing on me. If the drive review is better than Hector (not expecting to be as good as Taigun/Kushaq) and it the top turbo model undercuts Seltos/Taigun by more than 50K ex-showroom, I think I'm sold.

Right now I'm sitting on fence between XUV700 and Astor.
Astor:
+ Looks stellar, closer to Mercedes GLC.
+ Plush interiors, all reviewers seem impressed by the interior quality
+ Easy to Maneuver, can be driven by wife & dad
+ 3 point seatbelts for all passengers
- missing essential features like Ventilated seats, wireless charging, wireless android auto and auto dimming IRVM

XUV700:
+ Safety and build
+ Enormous space
+ Brilliant engines
- Size is large for my wife/Dad to drive
- Top model will be at least 4-5 lakh expensive than Astor top model
- missing 3 point seatbelt and ventilated seats

I also cannot get my head off Kia Seltos. It still is the car that ticks most of the boxes, apart from big safety point.
It has all the essentials & practically usable features (360 camera, Ventilated seats, wireless charging, paddle shifters and even the rear glass sunblinds).
It has nice Turbo Petrol and good diesel engine mated with a brilliant torque converter.
I so wish, it hadn't screwed on the safety parameter.

Kushaq & Taigun are fun to drive, but are one step short on everything - features, Pricing, quality, space. I wish, they had walked that last mile and most of us, would have happily paid them a premium over Koreans.

Anyway Going to witness Astor today, will post my experience soon.
dh.harshal is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks