Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2024, 14:42   #1486
BHPian

Re: MG Astor Review

Hi BHPians,

I am planning to buy an Astor CVT soon and looking at two options which are very similar in price:
  1. Option 1: 2024 Sharp CVT which has Ventilated Seats, Wireless Apple Carplay and Android Auto, Wireless Charger, Auto IRVM
  2. Option 2: Nov 2023 Savvy CVT with Red Interiors and ADAS L2 minus above 4 features.
Ventilated Seats and Auto IRVM is what is pulling me towards MY24 but Red Interiors + ADAS L2 makes sense from Safety perspective. I live in NCR.
Any suggestions?
Old 26th March 2024, 16:07   #1487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love4Cars View Post
Hi BHPians,

I am planning to buy an Astor CVT soon and looking at two options which are very similar in price:
  1. Option 1: 2024 Sharp CVT which has Ventilated Seats, Wireless Apple Carplay and Android Auto, Wireless Charger, Auto IRVM
  2. Option 2: Nov 2023 Savvy CVT with Red Interiors and ADAS L2 minus above 4 features.
Ventilated Seats and Auto IRVM is what is pulling me towards MY24 but Red Interiors + ADAS L2 makes sense from Safety perspective. I live in NCR.
Any suggestions?
What are the discounts being offered on both the models?
Old 26th March 2024, 16:46   #1488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daf23 View Post
What are the discounts being offered on both the models?
Oy Corporate discount on MY24 @15K approx. On MY23, Savvy - 90k+15k. Difference between both is around 20k after this.
Old 26th March 2024, 17:05   #1489
BHPian

Quote:
Oy Corporate discount on MY24 @15K approx. On MY23, Savvy - 90k+15k. Difference between both is around 20k after this.
I'm also looking for Astor MY 24 but with 1.3 Turbo engine. I would suggest press hard for MY23 model (how old is this?) if you want to save money. If not, MY24 is a no brainer. I believe there is a hike on the way.
Old 26th March 2024, 17:20   #1490
BHPian

Quote:
I had gone for a TD in Jan'24, at the MG showroom at sector 1 Noida.
For MY2023 cars, discount of Rs. 1.25L was offered to me - before negotiations. I negotiated till Rs. 1.75L discount, before I dropped the plan for an Astor.

Heard from colleagues about discount being close to Rs. ~2L for MY2023 cars (model to model MG has cut prices by 1.25L {and changed the name of the variant} and dealers offering a discount of Rs 75K over that).

The availability of MY2023 stock would be sparse though.
Old 28th March 2024, 09:10   #1491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueberry View Post
I had gone for a TD in Jan'24, at the MG showroom at sector 1 Noida.
Can you please share contact details as MG Noida dealership doesn't have a phone number on Google!!
Old 28th March 2024, 11:18   #1492
BHPian

Quote:
Can you please share contact details as MG Noida dealership doesn't have a phone number on Google!!
From the dealer end, this was the number from which I was contacted on, after I expressed interest online.
+917017301661 : Sagar Dhyaki - Affable & helpful chap.

My understanding is that, this is the dealership number. Hence not masking the personal info.
blueberry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2024, 14:15   #1493
BHPian

After a lot of deliberations, picked up 1.3 Turbo and quite impressed with the overall package.

Noticing a faint rattle at idle, like something is loose.
Checked the engine bay and underbody, couldn't find anything.

Noise appears to come from the gearbox/centre dashboard.

Any leads?
Old 7th April 2024, 23:08   #1494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daf23 View Post
Noise appears to come from the gearbox/centre dashboard.

Any leads?
Check the Astor bot, it the most probable culprit. Try keeping a finger on it when you hear the rattling noise to see if it reduces to check.
Old 6th May 2024, 10:05   #1495

This bot is useless. They should make it more useful. Update it with more commands. Sometimes im connected on a bluetooth call and suddenly the bot starts saying, “Sorry I cant do it”

This is so irritating.

While wired to apple or android car play, the clicking any ac buttons brings the screen to ac panel and then i have to bring it back to home and then again go to apple or android car play. This is annoying.

Havent got onto terms with the perfect fan speed and cooling efficiency. Fan 1 is too low, Fan 2 is faster than expected and Fan 3 is too fast for longer usage. 23 degrees with Fan speed 2 looks fine but could have been tuned better. Continuously running on the ac in the city decreases the mileage to 6 or below in heavy traffic.

I can say the build quality is much better than my cousins creta.

The overall mileage on the ODU is around 12.5 to 13 while driving soft at a speed of around 50-60 on highways Although, it drastically reduces when driven in city. City mileage is around 7-8.

Personally, Not satisfied with the mileage as im coming from a verna diesel.

Experienced squeaky noise from the panoramic sun roof.

Suspension is good.

Overall they need to tune the car better for performance and efficiency
masterminded is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2024, 15:43   #1496

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidban85 View Post
So I fixed 3M CR70 on the sunroof. Will share feedback after a drive in afternoon.

Meanwhile, my Astor is once in a while having a gnashing noise ( like when you change gear while not depressing clutch fully) once in a while. This happens when you are releasing the accelerator and then tapping the brake, say stopping for orange light at signal. I first thought it was ABS but now I think it is something else.

Mine is 1.3L Turbo Automatic. My 1st service done. This has started only after that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrspn View Post
I've been thinking of doing this too. Can you share your location and cost of the CR70 film?

Mine is a 1.3L Turbo AT too. I've observed this issue 3-4 times as well, only before 1st service. During service, we did a test-run for this, but could not replicate it. It always happened when you're just slightly above the crawling speed, 9-10km/hr. Can other Turbo AT owners confirm if they have witnessed this too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by carscrazy22 View Post
I find it okay. Honestly with music the noise doesn't bother. An upgrade wouldn't cost much as long as you keep the same rim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalmechano View Post
This is part of my action plan too this month.

Yes yes yes! I see it too. I first thought it was the collision warning, but later realised that's a whole different thing.

I've been having the same noise issue for the past 1.5 years. I've never been able to reproduce it on will. It's random. Were any of you able to identify the problem? I'm worried if it's a huge issue.
Old 3rd June 2024, 17:02   #1497
BHPian

It's the ADAS braking in tight city conditions. It stopped when I moved to Hyderabad where traffic is better than Bangalore (sarcasm).

You can change the ADAS settings when you start the car so that it won't brake like this.
Old 7th June 2024, 15:47   #1498

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidban85 View Post
It's the ADAS braking in tight city conditions. It stopped when I moved to Hyderabad where traffic is better than Bangalore (sarcasm).

You can change the ADAS settings when you start the car so that it won't brake like this.
I also assumed that it was the case, however, I've disabled the auto braking feature long back. However, I'm still getting this strange noise :(
Old 9th June 2024, 01:22   #1499

Quote:
Originally Posted by narun2001 View Post
I also assumed that it was the case, however, I've disabled the auto braking feature long back. However, I'm still getting this strange noise :(

I believe its cause of the auto hold. Try the same with auto hold disabled.

Basically, the sound comes when the car is pulling the breaks. This happens both in case of AEB and in case of Auto Hold trying to pull the break when at very low speeds sometimes
Old 12th June 2024, 09:22   #1500
BHPian

After owning the Astor turbo for two months, I feel that my car is plagued with issues and rattles.

MG surely has provided an underwhelming experience and these issues in a brand new car add to the frustration on a daily basis

As of now, I'm experiencing the following:

1) Screeching noise from the engine bay when the car is turned on - this happens at every start (like every morning, evening etc.) the noise is a scratching kind of a noise as if some belt is worn out, was dislocated and came back in its position. This feels scary.

2) Rattling noise at idle at cold start and subsequent starts after a gap of few hours - there is a continuous rattling noise heard from the dashboard (behind the ac vents) and it appears as if some part is touching with the engine/body or the AC pipes are touching somewhere, this goes away at a slight press of the accelerator and after `~15 minutes of driving. The noise is annoying and frustrating to the extent that I feel that I should not drive this car.

3) Constant rattle from the sunroof controls/interior light assembly - this is the latest rattle and the most irritating one, on a normal road there is a constant rattle as if something is loose, even on pressing the overhead area this will not go away. Also, there is a screeching noise at times from the sunroof as if there is no lubrication on the parts to move.

4) Rattles and noises from the back seat - there is a constant rattle from the back seat, I've failed to identify the source but my guess is that the door seals and/or the headliner is the culprit, this is again unbearable.

5) Rattle from the right side AC vent- There is an intermittent rattle from the right side AC vent which is annoying.

6) Rattles from AI Robot - the robot rattles like a guitar when you pass through the rubble strips on the road and while crossing potholes.

Experienced members, please let me know if you have gone through any of these issues during your ownership.

Also, is there a way I can escalate it to some higher authorities where the voice can be heard? The MGpulse contact is useless to say the least.

Last edited by daf23 : 12th June 2024 at 09:34. Reason: typo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks