Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2024, 18:34   #1696
phi
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by shemige View Post
Although its a common knowledge that resting voltage (for a new battery) should be 12.6V, the people in the service center were trying to convince me that 12.4V is absolutely ok.
My Kodiaq, which is 3 months old, usually shows 12.6V as resting voltage, but drops to 12.4V over 4-5 days (if I do not use the car).

The resting voltage was reported as low during final PDI before delivery, but the dealer said that it was probably because of repeated seat adjustments during ceramic/PPF application. Anyway, the dealer marked this in Skoda's records so that I could claim replacement under warranty in case the battery went bad.

Since this was in the back of my mind, I got the battery tested again the moment I saw the resting battery level drop. The test came out okay, and things have been fine so far, and I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 20th March 2024, 18:53   #1697
phi
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishnan83 View Post
I'm being offered an L&K at 47.75 on road -- any pointers if it's a good buy now in March? Vehicle VIN says August 2023 make
I paid 49.1L on-road in Dec 2023 at Cochin for my L&K, including 4-year SMP, 2-year extended warranty, Skoda insurance and essential kit. Total discount was 2.25L. They also brought down the insurance price from 118K to 94K on top of this.

The price looks good if it includes these components. You can also consider avoiding the essential kit and buying what you need from outside. I liked only the rubber mats in the kit. The car cover was okay, though it came in a very poor quality bag which tore in a couple of uses. And the perfume was nice, but the plastic holder is really flimsy.
Old 20th March 2024, 21:40   #1698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishnan83 View Post
Great; was it a 2023 make? Can you give me the price break up you got please
All cars being sold right now are 2023 make. Can’t say more about the price as the dealer is a friend but I think I dropped enough of a hint for you already

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dosojin View Post
He insisted couple of times on getting the windshield tinted, which I said no to as I wanted to be on the safer side.
Safer side in terms of? I did get the front windscreen tinted as that’s where you get the most sunlight in.
Old 20th March 2024, 22:46   #1699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phi View Post
We have really old stock that we are selling at a discount", and avoided filling from them.
If such stocks lay idle for long, petrol undergo phase separation leading to frank water accumulation within - more with current ethanol blending as ethanol is further hygroscopic. 95 & 100 octane rated fuel have higher ethanol blend. With RON 100, it's either hit or miss, I have been already on hit aspect in recent past. Will stay away from 100 octane fuels - better to stay with Luiqi Moly additive which works wonders - lesser risks more fun.
SilverSmoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2024, 22:56   #1700
phi
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
Will stay away from 100 octane fuels - better to stay with Luiqi Moly additive which works wonders - lesser risks more fun.
Same here. I go with XP95 or Speed97 and use Proctane to true up to approx 98 RON.
phi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 07:52   #1701

I had booked the L&K model expecting a similar discount, but only yesterday did they confirm that it was manufactured in August 2023. I had initially believed it would be from October 2023. Does this difference in manufacturing months matter?

Regarding the Kodiaq booking, have you proceeded with it? They are requesting me to transfer half of the amount before the Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI). Is this a standard practice?
Old 21st March 2024, 08:49   #1702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyaksh View Post
All cars being sold right now are 2023 make. Can’t say more about the price as the dealer is a friend but I think I dropped enough of a hint for you already

Safer side in terms of? I did get the front windscreen tinted as that’s where you get the most sunlight in.
I did not want any reduction/imperfections in visibility while driving. To the best of my knowledge, no car manufacturer tints the windscreen. There must be a reason for that. There is an entire thread on this topic in the forum.
Dosojin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 09:14   #1703

Quote:
Originally Posted by adithya016 View Post
Hi everyone,
First of all, I have found some great reviews and suggestions on this forum on the Skoda Kodiaq, which I think is a fantastic car.

I'm planning to buy a Lava Blue Kodiaq for the family which will be a replacement of my current Skoda Rapid 2017 1.5 TDI DSG (which in itself is a great car ). Tafe Access has given me the following quote after quite a lot of discussion with them. Can anyone suggest if this is a good price or if there is scope to negotiate further discounts?

Suggestions are highly appreciated.

Attachment 2580529

I had booked the L&K model expecting a similar discount, but only yesterday did they confirm that it was manufactured in August 2023. I had initially believed it would be from October 2023. Does this difference in manufacturing months matter?

Regarding the Kodiaq booking, have you proceeded with it? They are requesting me to transfer half of the amount before the Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI). Is this a standard practice?
Old 21st March 2024, 09:18   #1704
phi
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridulmathew View Post
They are requesting me to transfer half of the amount before the Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI). Is this a standard practice?
You should be paying only a small booking amount before PDI. You could talk to other dealers and try to find one that does not insist. You can then use this information to work with your preferred dealer - mostly they will come around once they know that you are seriously exploring other options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridulmathew View Post
Does this difference in manufacturing months matter?
Personally, I would not mind this as long as you are able to do a good PDI. It is quite possible that Skoda did not import units after August 2023, given that the new model got announced soon after. Others who purchased recently would be able to tell you if they got a more recent model, and then you can ask for a vehicle from that batch.

I got a July manufactured vehicle in December (July as per VIN, and August as per the factory badge on wrapper).

Also, it would be a good idea to insist that you want a vehicle with E20 badge inside the fuel cap. Vehicles imported after June/July have it afaik, but it would be good to ensure. When I bought, I had to really put my foot down to ensure this.
phi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 17:37   #1705
phi
BHPian

Does anyone know if Kodiaq comes with anti-corrosion coating on the underbody plates? Is there a need to apply such coating separately? Thanks in advance.
Old 22nd March 2024, 00:34   #1706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phi View Post
Does anyone know if Kodiaq comes with anti-corrosion coating on the underbody plates? Is there a need to apply such coating separately? Thanks in advance.
It's already there. If you look, there is thick rubbery coat all around the underbody.
SilverSmoke is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 12:54   #1707
BHPian

My Kodiaq recently got featured on the Skoda India's instagram page. Please do check it out and shed some love.
https://www.instagram.com/p/C4sjvUQtxE3/?img_index=1
LazyBoy2000 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 24th March 2024, 09:46   #1708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyaksh View Post
Does anyone know how to tie the three luggage (boot) nets that I have received with the Kodiaq? A picture/video would help greatly.

Have added the 3M tints 70CR on all glasses as well as the panaromic sunroof for 43K. Anyone faced any issues after tinting the roof? The guys at the workshop were not keen themselves on tinting the sunroof!
Faced no issues with tinting the sunroof. I went with CR70 for all side glasses and windshield and CR90 for the sunroof (one of the darkest tint from 3M), as there is no restriction for sunroof tinting. Working pretty well in these summers. It's pretty simple work just that the film needs to be pasted against gravity, but these are regular work the workshop guys do, not sure why they were not keen.
kurups is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2024, 19:27   #1709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurups View Post
Faced no issues with tinting the sunroof.
Got a gift from the tint guys! Burnt the roof liner and didn’t even tell me. Just saw this today.

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img_4503.jpeg
Old 28th March 2024, 09:32   #1710
BHPian

Can anyone tell me what should be the ideal time (kms) to get the engine changed. I read somewhere the best time is half of the specified service value (15k). Is that correct?
I talked to service center and they said 7500km is too early. You can get it done on 10K.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks