Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2023, 13:07   #946

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

@SilverSmoke Thanks much for answering my query.

And regarding the mileage feedback, I see the number ranging from 3kmpl to 11kmpl. If mostly driven in normal mode, in Bangalore kinda traffic, any idea what to expect?
Old 14th February 2023, 19:30   #947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shemige View Post
@SilverSmoke Thanks much for answering my query.

And regarding the mileage feedback, I see the number ranging from 3kmpl to 11kmpl. If mostly driven in normal mode, in Bangalore kinda traffic, any idea what to expect?
In addition to what SilverSmoke mentioned, I see that you from Bangalore - there will be absolutely no issues in any rows. Here in Mumbai, I don’t find it sufficient even in the first row, my Vento does a far better job in cooking the cabin

Regarding your mileage question, depends on where you drive in Bangalore. If that’s ORR, expect 5 to 6.
Jangra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 16:57   #948
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shemige View Post
It will vary from 4 to max 10 KMPL.

Question to all Bhpians, from which site I need to order a replacement for my damaged HSRPs?

There are many sites coming up, namely:

bookmyhsrp.com - This seems government promoted.

makemyhsrp.com

hsrphr.com - I feel it's state specific.

siam.in
Old 15th February 2023, 19:42   #949
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
from which site I need to order a replacement for my damaged HSRPs?
As far as I know, your best bet is to order these via your Skoda dealership. They will get it done through their RTO contacts.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 17:38   #950
BHPian

Dear members, any idea whether the current Kodiaq is BS6 stage-II complaint meeting the RDE norms and is it E20 compatible ?

Given the Superb and Octavia with the same engines are being retired from the India market in its current guise as they don't meet these norms, I am wondering how Kodiaq would be different. Would someone care to throw some light on this topic please ?
vjbox is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 18:22   #951
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjbox View Post
Any idea whether the current Kodiaq is BS6 stage-II compliant meeting the RDE norms and is it E20 compatible ?
At the moment no, the 2.0L TSI isn't E20 compatible.

Quote:
Given the Superb and Octavia with the same engines are being retired from the India market in its current guise as they don't meet these norms, I am wondering how Kodiaq would be different. Would someone care to throw some light on this topic please ?
Both the Tiguan and Kodiaq will be updated with Audi's Gen4 EA888 2.0L engine with AWD.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 18:45   #952
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Both the Tiguan and Kodiaq will be updated with Audi's Gen4 EA888 2.0L engine with AWD.
So this EA888 engine will be E20 compatible and older 2.0L TSI owners are either screwed or can be expected to make do with some workaround fixes announced in the near future by Skoda/VW?
If aware, could you tell us of other differences/upgrades between this Gen 4 engine and the current 2.0L TSI unit?

Thank you CEF_Beasts.
Maky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 18:53   #953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
So this EA888 engine will be E20 compatible and older 2.0L TSI owners are either screwed or can be expected to make do with some workaround fixes announced in the near future by Skoda/VW?
If aware, could you tell us of other differences/upgrades between this Gen 4 engine and the current 2.0L TSI unit?

Thank you CEF_Beasts.
This is precisely my concern too before spending nearly 50 big ones on a vehicle that isn't ready yet to meet the latest norms. I am this close in getting the vehicle and this seems like a grey area now.
vjbox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 19:04   #954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
At the moment no, the 2.0L TSI isn't E20 compatible.

Thanks for the info CEF_Beast. This is bit of a concern actually for us soon to be owners. I wonder how Skoda India plans to address the BS6 stage 2 norms with the TSI Kodiaqs that are being sold/already sold.

Can we still take the plunge in a hope that necessary modifications will be carried out to make the engines BS6 stage 2/E20 compatible in the future? Or does it make sense to rather wait for the new gen engines to come in ? In one way or the other we are playing the wait game anyway.

Can you throw some more light on this topic please ?
Old 16th February 2023, 20:08   #955
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
This is bit of a concern actually for us soon to be owners. I wonder how Skoda India plans to address the BS6 stage 2 norms with the TSI Kodiaqs that are being sold/already sold.

Can you throw some more light on this topic please ?
Would like to correct myself, the updated engine that the Kodiaq and Tiguan will receive is officially called EA888 EVO4 (can be called Gen4) with the DQ381-7A gearbox.

There was a scoop that mentioned them getting this new engine from Feb 2023.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5384865 (Scoop! Skoda Superb & Octavia production to end in Feb 2023)

Talking about the existing 2.0 TSI owners, Zac Hollis had mentioned that the engine can take the E20 fuel, although the owner's manual strictly mentions only E10.

And deadline for the full roll-out of the E20 fuel across the country is 2025, for now the E20 fuel will be limited to the metros and few other cities, I believe E10 fuel will still be on sale alongside. How the fuel pumps are going to manage E10 and E20 fuels is something even I have no answers for right now.

But this problem of how the older engines which are only E10 capable will work on E20 fuel is a question mark for all owners irrespective of the brand of car they own and I believe depending on the issues faced if any the manufacturers may carry out the changes if needed.

Quote:
Unfortunately, the information regarding the difference between the older EVO3 and EVO4 engine is quite scarce. And if any is available it's all very conflicting!

Adding a link that has some info about the EVO3 and EVO4:
https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/thr...engine.462788/

Quote:
Can we still take the plunge in a hope that necessary modifications will be carried out to make the engines BS6 stage 2/E20 compatible in the future? Or does it make sense to rather wait for the new gen engines to come in ? In one way or the other we are playing the wait game anyway.
I don't think manufacturers will be carrying out any modifications for existing 2.0L TSIs, this is true for all manufacturers and not only Skoda/VW. Expect none unless something goes seriously wrong with the E10 compatible engines after using E20 fuel, that too for a very large group of owners at a later date.

Rumour is that the Tiguan and Kodiaq will be getting the updated engines from Feb 2023 onwards. It will be wiser to wait since we are already into Feb.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 16th February 2023 at 20:13.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 10:56   #956
Senior - BHPian

I received a message from my VW sales guy for the Tiguan.
While the Skoda Kodiaq guy straightup said it's compatible the VW guy was more honest and informed me that they are awaiting communication from VW on the e20 fuel question for the MY2022 Tiguan(and thusly Kodiaq, Octavia and Superb as well), he said he'd inform me if any confirmation of compatibility or otherwise.
I will update here and the Tiguan thread If he does. Ideally should hear back from him in the next two weeks.
Maky is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 14:36   #957
BHPian

Whatever the dealership puts forward can only be reliable if it's documented somewhere - verbals can't be trusted.

Nowhere in the manual it's say current engine is compatible with E20 blend.

If they agree that current engines will pose an issue with E20, their sales will definitely suffer. Henceforth they won't agree till some major issue crops up.

Last edited by SilverSmoke : 18th February 2023 at 14:50.
SilverSmoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 18:04   #958
BHPian

Quote:
I received a message from my VW sales guy for the Tiguan.
While the Skoda Kodiaq guy straightup said it's compatible the VW guy was more honest and informed me that they are awaiting communication from VW on the e20 fuel question for the MY2022 Tiguan(and thusly Kodiaq, Octavia and Superb as well), he said he'd inform me if any confirmation of compatibility or otherwise.
I will update here and the Tiguan thread If he does. Ideally should hear back from him in the next two weeks.
Likewise I emailed Skoda on this issue and have asked for a written confirmation from their technical team. They responded back and Strangely connected me again to the dealer who ended up calling me on this. The SA says Kodiaq's power train is different from Superb and Octavia and has the latest engine that meets the bs6 stage 2 norms unlike the later. I have asked for further clarifications whether the latest 4th gen Evo engines are made available for the MY23 vehicles and whether they are e20 compatible. Awaiting a response from their end.
vjbox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 23:59   #959
BHPian

Quote:
The SA says Kodiaq's power train is different from Superb and Octavia and has the latest engine that meets the bs6 stage 2 norms unlike the later.
From this conversation, it seems they just agreed upon that engine is compatible with BS6 2.0 norms - with E10 blend, already they are & it's great for the environment.

Still they haven't accepted the E20 tolerance.
SilverSmoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2023, 06:41   #960
BHPian

At least such questions, Skoda must not be routing it back to their dealers to reply, it's Skoda as a organisation which must be declaring about their engines whether it's compatible with E20 or not. There is less merit taking a dealers word for this.
kurups is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks