Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2023, 23:33   #1021
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurups View Post
Just downloaded the latest brochure of Kodiaq from their India website (attached) and I see that the Door edge protectors are back and a Lounge step has been added for the rear seats.
Door edge protectors are a welcome addition.

Installed same color after market protectors but they do look ugly sticking to the door's edges.
Old 27th March 2023, 10:19   #1022
BHPian

Quote:
Just downloaded the latest brochure of Kodiaq from their India website (attached) and I see that the Door edge protectors are back and a Lounge step has been added for the rear seats.

Anyone who recently took delivery can confirm if you have got these features, or any information from dealers on these? If the brochure is updated recently, I guess the MY23 vehicles might come with these features + BS6 Phase 2 for delivery April onwards.
Good observation. Thanks!

I have booked the Kodiaq BS6.2 last week. Yet to confirm the revised features - as per my SA no revision in features was expected but will confirm these two additions. Have been communicated a 2 months waiting period.
Old 27th March 2023, 11:30   #1023
BHPian

First of all, thanks to this community for excellent insights. I recently took delivery of a Skoda Kodiaq L&K. Initially we booked for Magic Black however due to long wait time, we settled for a white color. The car is instant favorite in my family due to ease of ingress and egress and leg space available in the rear.

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-photo_20230327_104954.jpg

The car joins MY20 Fortuner for family duties and I can instantly tell Kodiaq will clock more km's due to how plush and luxurious it feels. The cabin is surprisingly well insulated and you won't hear any traffic or road noise. Compared to Fortuner, in exterior it does feel a bit small in size but inside you wouldn't notice at all. If the ownership experience remains hassle free for even a year, we would be keen in getting another one.

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-photo_20230327_111344.jpg

We did have a little hiccup. After taking the delivery and driving home, we noticed the passenger door wasn't closing at all. After much investigation, we found the puddle lamp was hanging loose. I am guessing the clip broke somehow, not sure how though. My dad assuming he didn't close the door well, applied a bit more force causing a small dent to appear. After informing the SA, he suggested we bring the car to the service center to get it inspected. The service center being 30km one way through the city, we still couldn't visit and have temporarily double taped the puddle lamp. I have requested the SA to arrange a technician for home visit but he mentioned they will not visit for something so small. The dealership experience leaves a lot to be desired but that's another story for another day.

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-photo_20230327_112800.jpg

-
Quote:
I see that the Door edge protectors are back and a Lounge step has been added for the rear seats. Anyone who recently took delivery can confirm if you have got these features, or any information from dealers on these? .
Ours is MY23, January manufactured. We took delivery mid-march. The door edge protectors are indeed included and it's a nice feature addition. It protects your door edge when you open the door, and it automatically extends and retracts when you open or close the door. Door edges not longer require PPFs.

Lounge Step is a small padded cushion that comes with factory mats. You can remove it too. I guess anyone can buy these from Skoda or aftermarket and place it near rear passenger foot step.

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-photo_20230327_110309.jpg

Last edited by kashesh : 27th March 2023 at 11:35.
kashesh is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 12:08   #1024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashesh View Post
Ours is MY23, January manufactured. We took delivery mid-march. The door edge protectors are indeed included and it's a nice feature addition. It protects your door edge when you open the door, and it automatically extends and retracts when you open or close the door. Door edges not longer require PPFs.

Lounge Step is a small padded cushion that comes with factory mats. You can remove it too. I guess anyone can buy these from Skoda or aftermarket and place it near rear passenger foot step.
Thanks Kashesh for the update on MY23 model. It's definitely good to have the door protectors back. Congratulations on your new car and wishing you plenty of miles on the bear.
kurups is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 14:14   #1025
BHPian

Got this yesterday while climbing Yelagiri hills. Car refused to move. Towed it to Tafe@Bangalore. Car was running on XP95 filled at my usual neighborhood bunk.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-kodiaq_epc.jpg  

novice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 17:07   #1026
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashesh View Post
If the ownership experience remains hassle free for even a year, we would be keen in getting another one.
Many congratulations.

Mine took beating like no other in past 10 months of ownership, still moves like new.
Hoping a smooth trouble free companionship with your machine as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by novice View Post
Got this yesterday while climbing Yelagiri hills. Car refused to move. Towed it to Tafe@Bangalore. Car was running on XP95 filled at my usual neighborhood bunk.
Sad to see.

How much is on odo?

Did it appeared all of the sudden or it had some previous symptoms?

What gear & RPM if you remember?

I still assume it could be faulty fuel.
SilverSmoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 18:28   #1027
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Novice, Which Yr model vehicle was this?
Old 28th March 2023, 00:50   #1028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saur95 View Post
What you experienced seems similar to what the car does under 'Manoeuvre Braking'. It uses the parking sensors to check if you are too close an object and applies the brakes automatically. It is accompanied by a groan and the pedal sinking.
It was manoeuvre braking only.

Experienced it two more times recently when two wheelers were in close proximity & Avalanche was moving below 15 KMPH.
Old 28th March 2023, 13:34   #1029
BHPian

Kodiaq’s price has gone up as already known and the revised ex showroom price is now reflecting on Skoda India’s website.

Style - 37.99 lakhs from 37.49 lakhs
Sportline - 39.39 lakhs from 38.49 lakhs
L&K - 41.39 lakhs from 39.99 lakhs

Maximum increase seems to be for the L&K trim.

Have asked my SA to share the revised on road prices.

Last edited by Shreyas Aterkar : 28th March 2023 at 13:35.
Shreyas Aterkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 14:24   #1030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
How much is on odo?

Did it appeared all of the sudden or it had some previous symptoms?

What gear & RPM if you remember?

I still assume it could be faulty fuel.
>>How much is on odo?

>>Did it appeared all of the sudden or it had some previous symptoms?
Sudden occurrence. Car simply refused to move up a steep slope.

>>What gear & RPM if you remember?
Car not moving in any gear/rpm. It idles with difficulty and stalls when I try to move it.

Quote:
Hi Novice, Which Yr model vehicle was this?
July 2022
novice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 16:24   #1031
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Car not moving in any gear/rpm. It idles with difficulty and stalls when I try to move it.
Fuel pump has failed. It could be due to many reasons, they will try to blame it on faulty fuel, but you will get warranty support for this. So its not really a serious issue. I just hope they have the fuel pump in stock. Try to change your fuel bunk, I know its not easy and this must be your trusted fuel bunk.

I am curious, has your fuel bunk started selling E20 fuel? Can you cross check if you know the fuel bunk owner, etc. and check whether XP95 is still E5/E10 or upgraded to E20 as well?
Old 28th March 2023, 16:47   #1032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Fuel pump has failed. It could be due to many reasons, they will try to blame it on faulty fuel, but you will get warranty support for this. So its not really a serious issue. I just hope they have the fuel pump in stock. Try to change your fuel bunk, I know its not easy and this must be your trusted fuel bunk.

I am curious, has your fuel bunk started selling E20 fuel? Can you cross check if you know the fuel bunk owner, etc. and check whether XP95 is still E5/E10 or upgraded to E20 as well?
Thanks. I hope the damage is limited to just the fuel pump. A strong burning smell came out from the engine bay but lasted only few seconds. It wasn't rubber or plastic. Smelt more like metal overheating. Now that worries me.

No, they don't sell E20. Yes the bunk is close to my home and sells XP95. But I would switch to another one.
Old 28th March 2023, 18:14   #1033
BHPian

Quote:
Sudden occurrence. Car simply refused to move up a steep slope.
July 2022
Just enquired my buddy who owns a couple of XP95 outlets, XP95 is still E10. Have asked him to notify at earliest when E20 shift occurs even with 91 octane fuels.

What diagnosis the technicians were able to make?
SilverSmoke is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 20:31   #1034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
Just enquired my buddy who owns a couple of XP95 outlets, XP95 is still E10. Have asked him to notify at earliest when E20 shift occurs even with 91 octane fuels.

What diagnosis the technicians were able to make?
Nothing so far unfortunately
Old 28th March 2023, 23:11   #1035
BHPian

Friends, I have booked the Kodiaq and expecting delivery in the month of May. Haven't test driven the car yet but have come to know that a test drive car has been allocated to the dealer with whom I have booked the car and expecting a test drive in April. This is when I will be able to substantiate my decision and will spend some more time with the car. However, I have a few queries and would request your help:

1. I have seen many bad fuel related issue in Kodiaq, Octavia, Tiguan, Audi and Superb resulting in fuel pump getting replaced etc. - one such issue has been mentioned above by novice as well. I am developing cold feet on account of this. I own a City and we do many road trips but never have we got stranded during our trip due to fuel quality. After spending close to 50 lakhs, I want to have peace of mind while going anywhere. My query is - do we need to fill in XP95 only or regular petrol would do. Any precautions to be kept while filling up the car. On road trips, it so happens that one needs to use an unknown pump and if that ends up spoiling the party then it would be very concerning. What is your take on this?

2. 3rd row seats - I know this is an occasional 7 seater. On road trips, we will be 4 of us travelling with last row folded down. My query is when the last row folds flat fully, does it reduce the leg room in the 2nd row. I noticed in many videos and in a demo car that if the 2nd row is fully back, the 3rd row does not fold flat. One needs to pull the 2nd row seats ahead to do the same. Can we then push the 2nd row of seats back to release leg room once the 3rd row is folded flat?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Shreyas

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks