Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2023, 01:11   #991
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikilbhatkar View Post
1. Fuel : I did fill in normal petrol, but based on the forum discussions planning to fill XP95 going forward. But have a lot of Bharat Petroleum stations around, is there a corresponding fuel to XP95 in BP ?

2. Floor Mats : Is a floor lamination recommended or 7D mats ? Any suggestions on good 7D mats if that is the recommendation ?
I am sorry to say currently we have only one fuel to match XP95 at Bharat Petroleum - Speed 97, which is rarely available at BP outlets, let's see if you get lucky. Years ago [2003] @ ₹60 / L, I use to fill it in my Karizma for butter smooth experience. Then it had pink color - don't know what is it now. They also sell Speed 93 but that is inferior to XP 95 but better than ordinary petrol.

You can have a look at official Kodiaq's accessories for mats, they are of good quality & are sturdy.

Last edited by SilverSmoke : 8th March 2023 at 01:13.
SilverSmoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 15:08   #992

Anyone feels Kodiaq seat ventilation is very inadequate or not working at all?
Recently took delivery of Kodiaq L&K. I am not feeling any cool air blow or suction from seat. We tried thin plastic covering on top of seat to check if there is any air blow or suction. Nothing at all. All diagnostic at service centre shows OK. Motor is working.
Tried experiencing Kushaq ventilated seats, and it is cooling the seat within couple of minutes. So, can anyone confirm if this issue is with my Kodiaq only or is it Kodiaq ventilation performance issue?
Old 15th March 2023, 23:03   #993

Does anyone have issues with their Skoda Connected app? I can't see the login screen because it keeps on buffering.
Old 16th March 2023, 00:57   #994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPhoenix View Post
Anyone feels Kodiaq seat ventilation is very inadequate or not working at all?
Yes, similar observation, the cooling is not considerable.

Last edited by aah78 : 16th March 2023 at 02:16. Reason: Quote trimmed.
mikilbhatkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 16:54   #995

Has anyone waiting for their new kodiaq delivery heard anything from the dealer about price revision? My SA today said that kodiaq's delivery from April2023 will be BS6.2 compliant and there could (he wasn't sure) be a price hike of aprox 2L ex-showroom.
Old 17th March 2023, 18:30   #996
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shemige View Post
Has anyone waiting for their new kodiaq delivery heard anything from the dealer about price revision? My SA today said that kodiaq's delivery from April2023 will be BS6.2 compliant and there could (he wasn't sure) be a price hike of aprox 2L ex-showroom.
Yes, the revised priced is quoted as ex showroom 4139000 for LnK.
mikilbhatkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 21:04   #997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shemige View Post
I am going to book next week and prices have gone up by approx 1.5 lakhs for the BS 6 Phase 2 update.
Shreyas Aterkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2023, 22:18   #998
BHPian

Avalanche got delivered finally on 91st Day.

Took the delivery & filled her up with Power 100 & there was an ear to ear never fading smile plastered on my face

Experienced following during these gruelling days:

• Impressed with Brite Skoda workshop deeds & professionalism.
  • Even after leaving car for 3 long months with them, they delivered the car in mint condition - she drives & feels as good as new. Tested her at triple digit speeds on an empty stretch - all good.
  • Two minor stuff to bother - the battery, which will be replaced under warranty & high beam alignment - left
  • GoDigit Insurance paid everything around ₹16 L & my liability came out to be 25K it was OK to proceed with claim, but time felt standstill. Read the fineprint, it said only one claim can be taken per year on zero depreciation.
  • Mr. Praveen Nagar was the supervisor who coordinated everything swiftly.
  • Before proceeding with claim, insurance company brings sky & earth together just to make sure you aren't frauding. They ask indirectly about intoxication / number of people travelling (shouldn't be more than alloted capacity) / valid license / over speeding - if you flunked, claim trashed. They even ask for Log File of your vehicle (available only in 2.0 TSI units) to match it with your explanations. Its like black box of vehicle - recording speed / GPS location / time of impact / RPM / gear / AC / lights / seat belt status & what not parameters - so if you are riding a 2.0 TSI, better don't lie - claim will be junked.
  • Diagnosis of what parts are needed was slow but sure.
  • Paint & finish job is fabulous for the workshop - as good as original.

Car has been driven & tested for 1500 KMs post delivery - it has laid all my speculations to rest.

Kudos to Brite Skoda.

Last edited by Aditya : 20th March 2023 at 05:03. Reason: Rule #11
SilverSmoke is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 19th March 2023, 22:50   #999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
Avalanche got delivered finally on 91st Day.:
Congratulations. 91 days was quite a wait, it must have been a gruelling wait. However, all is well that ends well. Your car is back to original and that is what matters. Hope you have a trouble free experience now onwards.

Regarding the insurance, I have been using Tata AIG for my city every year and it provides just 2 zero dep claims in a year. Very important to read the fine print in these policies. For peace of mind, I take help of friend whom I met on Tbhp who is an expert on this matter.
Shreyas Aterkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2023, 10:18   #1000
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
  • Before proceeding with claim, insurance company brings sky & earth together just to make sure you aren't frauding. They ask indirectly about intoxication / number of people travelling (shouldn't be more than alloted capacity) / valid license / over speeding - if you flunked, claim trashed. They even ask for Log File of your vehicle (available only in 2.0 TSI units) to match it with your explanations. Its like black box of vehicle - recording speed / GPS location / time of impact / RPM / gear / AC / lights / seat belt status & what not parameters - so if you are riding a 2.0 TSI, better don't lie - claim will be junked.

Kudos to Brite Skoda.
Could you please throw some light on this log file? Is it accessible to us as well? Given the claim is dependent on it, it needs full transparency to avoid insurance company rejecting claim on some data you dont have access to.
Old 20th March 2023, 13:31   #1001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikilbhatkar View Post
Yes, the revised priced is quoted as ex showroom 4139000 for LnK.
Wow, that is steep. No official updates yet from Skoda India. The website still lists the old price of 39.90. But a hike of over 1.5L isn't justified for RDE updates. I mean this is now getting real close to Q3 territory. Nevertheless I still would have to take the plunge given there is nothing closer in this league in Petrol disguise.
Old 21st March 2023, 19:11   #1002
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone purchased 3D Kagu mats for the Kodiaq yet? Or the new in market Pharoh brand whoch looks like a 3D Kagu knock off? The rubber mats are absolutely fine, but I am missing the ease of cleaning the 3Ds. Also need to buy the mats for 3rd row, so thought its a good time to get the 3D mats now.
Old 21st March 2023, 19:52   #1003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar View Post
Regarding the insurance, I have been using Tata AIG for my city every year and it provides just 2 zero dep claims in a year. Very important to read the fine print in these policies. For peace of mind, I take help of friend whom I met on Tbhp who is an expert on this matter.
Yeah, was able to get rid of Salvage Charges as well that previously I was quoted around 5% - ₹80K

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Could you please throw some light on this log file? Is it accessible to us as well? Given the claim is dependent on it, it needs full transparency to avoid insurance company rejecting claim on some data you dont have access to.
Can't agree more on it.
It's basically a log of an OBD scanner readings stored onboard. Attached is a short example.

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-smartselect_20230321_192713_youtube.jpg
SilverSmoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2023, 08:15   #1004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
If you want Michelin's, hunt a set of Primacy 4 in the stock size, do not settle for anything less. Continental SC5 is good too. Pirelli Scorpion Verde is another option, and the are runflat tyres. The new entrant, Vredestein Ultrac Vorti in stock size is a very good tyre too. If I were in your place, I would find a set of Michelin Primacy 4 or else get the Vredestein.
I went with Conti SC5 SUV and driven <2000kms. One tire already got replaced under warranty and another one is pending approval and I am pretty sure third one has also developed the same problem. All three show severe wobble that can be felt at speeds up to 40kmph. They weren’t abused at all, I drive super slow on bad roads and often get abused by other drivers for being too slow.

I am embarrassed to go back to the tire shop to claim warranty for the third time. Besides, there is no reason to believe that replacements won’t have the same problem. I want to cut my losses and get a different brand. I am not saying Contis are bad but I don’t have an explanation for the problem I am facing.
Old 22nd March 2023, 09:29   #1005
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by novice View Post
I went with Conti SC5 SUV and driven <2000kms. One tire already got replaced under warranty and another one is pending approval and I am pretty sure third one has also developed the same problem.
This is really unexpected. Ensure there weren't any fitment issues at the shop. And then why would you feel embarrassed about a manufacturing defect? There’s definitely some issue in the batch of tyres otherwise this sounds really stupid. If the shop owner agrees get a set of Vredestien Ultrac Vorti in exchange.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks