Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2022, 13:55   #841

Quote:
Originally Posted by attrip2008 View Post
@carObari, many congratulations on your new car. did you get a chance to see the car before you made a booking?
Hi - I bought the car without seeing it from inside in person or test drive. Spent 45L Big ones. I think there are enough Youtube videos you can watch and go through this entire thread. You are welcome to see my car if you are in Gurgaon.

My car search lasted 11 months and I drove every car under 70L. Very happy with my decision and 0 regrets. Rest every person have their own unique likes and dislikes. I can answer more queries if you have

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aakash29 View Post
Went to the Mega mall showroom and actually saw yours getting prepped for delivery !!

Would love to know the buying experience and first hand reviews as the sales advisor is asking me to book blind without a detailed look or a test drive.
Oh - then you would have seen the car Happy to answer any queries you have. When the dealer told me, 1 car may be available - I paid 10 Lacs to block it with just the VIN number available. Not seeing the car. Kodiaq is a very rare entity and thats how it works. I know some dealers are pushing for Extras and things like ppf if you want to get hold of one. My experience with Ring Road Skoda - Gurgaon was very good. I can give you referral of my SA and their Sales manager who are very good to deal with. My previous SA not so much.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 29th November 2022 at 15:07. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Kindly use the Quote+/Edit functionality to quote multiple posts.
carObari is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2022, 15:47   #842
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Skoda seems to have stopped booking of the New Kodiaq once again (As per their website). Looks like they have got enough for AY23 Q1 deliveries. Pic from the website:- 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-skoda-kodiaq-booking.jpg
kurups is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th December 2022, 17:26   #843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurups View Post
Skoda seems to have stopped booking of the New Kodiaq once again (As per their website). Looks like they have got enough for AY23 Q1 deliveries. Pic from the website:- Attachment 2385884
Seems so. The message on the website though sounds discouraging for new prospects as at least they could say that they would open the bookings soon or to contact your nearest dealer on the timeframe. I really hope they fulfil the backlogs quickly through AY23 as we ourselves made a booking a couple of months back and were promised a Mar 23 delivery timeline ( although we are in no rush)

Even internationally this seems to be the case with the Kodiaq as in many forums/YouTube channels, people have complained about the long waiting times. Not sure what is making Skoda India think that the customers would continue to wait and not opt for the competition in the like of Meridian, Tucson or even the new Toyota Hycross if some of them decide to cross shop. Heck some of them opting for the L&K could even think of the new Q3 by stretching a few more lacs. (courtesy Audi discounts)

Fingers crossed!
Old 5th December 2022, 00:05   #844
BHPian

Case Report 3:

Went to a marriage venue driving 150 KMs, reverse parked in parking spot all good & nice.

Applied brakes to stop car in reverse gear at designated parking & from R, shifted to P keeping brake pedal depressed with engine running.

Suddenly brakes made a loud groan & brake pedal went down by atleast 2 inches spontaneously. Even my buddy sitting to my left asked "What was that?"

I nodded as I didn't had any clue. Seems to me like sudden pressure loss in braking system & failing brakes.

I checked for brake fluid loss - neither fluid loss nor oil leak was found.

Scanned her & drove her again for 300 KMs - nothing abnormal.

Strange stuff. But it had me worried.
Old 5th December 2022, 10:05   #845
BHPian

There is no off road button in Style. As per the brochure, this button provides some more data, is it only this or any additional capabilities.
Attached Images

Old 5th December 2022, 14:42   #846
BHPian

Check the air pressure first. I had the same issue on my Laura and Octavia. I always thought that my Laura had too many rattling issues and I was never happy. Then, when I sold the car to my friend I noticed that the creaking sound had completely gone. I was quite surprised with this and after inquiring with my friend I realized that I was doing it wrong the whole time. I was keeping the tyre pressure to 33-34 (as mentioned in the sticker near the fuel cap) all the time which was too high. I reduced it to 32 and voila! all creaking sounds were banished. I recommend that you too should try keeping the tyre pressure to 32. Same with my Octavia - the moment I keep the pressure over 32 - it starts creaking. So now I maintain 32 only. TRY IT.
Turbotechnixx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 17:40   #847
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt1 View Post
There is no off road button in Style. As per the brochure, this button provides some more data, is it only this or any additional capabilities.
Offroad button puts the ESP in an offroad setting which theoretically should help in off road conditions.

The additional data on the screen can also be added in the touchscreen for Style and Sportline variant, by coding.
Old 5th December 2022, 23:17   #848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
Case Report 3:

Applied brakes to stop car in reverse gear at designated parking & from R, shifted to P keeping brake pedal depressed with engine running.

Suddenly brakes made a loud groan & brake pedal went down by atleast 2 inches spontaneously. Even my buddy sitting to my left asked "What was that?"
What you experienced seems similar to what the car does under 'Manoeuvre Braking'. It uses the parking sensors to check if you are too close an object and applies the brakes automatically. It is accompanied by a groan and the pedal sinking. I have experienced it kicking in a few times when its a close call, saving some damage.

I don't understand why you faced this while shifting it to P though. Had the car come to a complete stop? If not, maybe it detected an object behind you? I usually wait for the Auto-Hold to kick in before shifting to P but maybe you had it disabled.

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-screenshot-20221205-12.41.32.png
saur95 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 23:26   #849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saur95 View Post

I don't understand why you faced this while shifting it to P though. Had the car come to a complete stop? If not, maybe it detected an object behind you? I usually wait for the Auto-Hold to kick in before shifting to P but maybe you had it disabled.
Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, Car was at complete stop & I was close to the wall - you might say it detected the wall.
Auto hold was disabled at that time.
SilverSmoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2022, 10:53   #850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saur95 View Post
What you experienced seems similar to what the car does under 'Manoeuvre Braking'.
Does this automatic breaking kicks in only while reversing? Or does it kick in when the vehicle moves forward also? If so, does the speed limit of less than 10km/hr still needs to be true for automatic breaking to kick in while in Drive mode?
Old 6th December 2022, 22:52   #851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurups View Post
Does this automatic breaking kicks in only while reversing? Or does it kick in when the vehicle moves forward also? If so, does the speed limit of less than 10km/hr still needs to be true for automatic breaking to kick in while in Drive mode?
Yes, it kicks in while moving forward too. Since it is dependent on parking sensors, the 10 km/hr limit is a hard limit. It is mainly for slow speed parking operations and not like ADAS. Additionally, it does not work if you are applying higher brake pressure since it assumes that you are in control and just crawling. There is a threshold and it's difficult to explain since I noticed it based on feel.
saur95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2022, 11:31   #852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Offroad button puts the ESP in an offroad setting which theoretically should help in off road conditions.

The additional data on the screen can also be added in the touchscreen for Style and Sportline variant, by coding.

Usually these settings allow greater wheel spin when offroading for better traction. With this not present in base variants and absence of hill descent control across variants, seems the offroad capability is very restricted compared to say Meridian.

What would anybody do knowing inclination and oil temp data?
Old 8th December 2022, 16:12   #853
BHPian

Quote:
Usually these settings allow greater wheel spin when offroading for better traction. With this not present in base variants and absence of hill descent control across variants, seems the offroad capability is very restricted compared to say Meridian.

What would anybody do knowing inclination and oil temp data?
Hill descent control is available in LnK , and gets activated in the off road mode. It is mentioned in the manual, haven't used it yet.
Old 8th December 2022, 17:59   #854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun_to_drive View Post
Hill descent control is available in LnK , and gets activated in the off road mode. It is mentioned in the manual, haven't used it yet.
Thats strange, this is the latest brochure from the website not showing the hill descent control. the only difference across the variants is DCC with drive modes, unless i have missed some Skoda specific jargon.
Attached Images

Old 8th December 2022, 18:19   #855
BHPian

Quote:
Thats strange, this is the latest brochure from the website not showing the hill descent control. the only difference across the variants is DCC with drive modes, unless i have missed some Skoda specific jargon.
Attaching the latest brochure downloaded just a week back from Skoda India website after a compulsory chat with their chatbot. Hill hold control is available in all variants of the Kodiaq.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf kodiaq-brochure.pdf (5.83 MB, 227 views)

Most Viewed