Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2024, 14:08   #1591
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Goa Road trip on the Skoda Kodiaq - 4 Adults & 4 Kids and how the 4 x 4 aced the tri

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurups View Post

Skoda Kodiaq (MY23 Vehicle) – My expectations from the car, competition analysis, accessories, niggles.

4) 3M CR70 film on the windshield, all window glasses & the 3M CR90 for the sunroof .
This review brought a smile on my face as i went through a similar experience. Wanted to ask how much did the 3M films on glass costed and whether it is worth it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurups View Post

Bangalore - Goa Road trip on the Skoda Kodiaq - 4 Adults & 4 Kids and how the 4 x 4 aced the trip

Increasing the Kodiaq’s boot space from 270 Liters to 320 Liters.

Step 1 – Remove the i) Grey Boot cover and ii) The Retractable Boot Load Cover.
Your space analysis of Kodiaq is bang-on, i feel it accommodates more stuff than what the specs suggest on paper, making it a fun to drive, practical 7-seater. Did removal of tray from the boot made any difference to the thump or sound quality, as the tray is kept over the sub-woofer ?
Old 10th January 2024, 15:25   #1592
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Goa Road trip on the Skoda Kodiaq - 4 Adults & 4 Kids and how the 4 x 4 aced the tri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun_to_drive View Post
Wanted to ask how much did the 3M films on glass costed and whether it is worth it ?
The motivation to getting the 3M films done would be taking the vehicle out on a nice hot sunny day, try if the AC is able to manage your requirements to your comfort and if not, then go for it. In Bangalore I could feel the difference, am sure in Delhi you will definitely be able to make out the difference. A visit to any 3M shop and seeing their demo with the heat measurement tools inside the shop and a demo in live sun with and without the 3M sheets on a glass pane is worth anyway. You can even tell them to do the demo from your vehicles' glass panes. CR70 film is their usually recommended product. I used CR70 for windows and CR90 (More darker, Approx 90% blocking of light) for the sunroof.

These were the prices from 3M at Bangalore (April 2023)
1) 5 windows - Sides & Rear Windshield @ 33K. This includes the 3rd row windows of the Kodiaq.
2) Front Windshield @ 14.5K
3) Sunroof - both glasses @ 14K

Some slight bargain on this might work or getting some extra work like PPF on B-pillars, rear view mirrors etc can be tried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun_to_drive View Post
Did removal of tray from the boot made any difference to the thump or sound quality, as the tray is kept over the sub-woofer ?
Yes, removing the boot tray did create some krrrrrrkrkkrkr sounding noise in some sound tracks which, I must say were too thumpy or bass-y songs. For 95% of the playlist it was all good. I had to reduce the volume a little twice or thrice or change the track on our trip when I heard these intermittent disturbances. Would suggest this boot modification if space is a real constraint & as a temporary change and not as a permanent modification.
kurups is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 01:19   #1593
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Got Avalanche's second service done at 24K KMs.
Got a new lease of life - engine got hyper smooth & very responsive. I highly recommend don't wait for 15K KMs for an oil change - get it done by 10K KMs - strictly. We just keep slushing the engine in high viscosity oil past 10K KMs - don't know why Skoda has recommended that at 15K KMs.
In future I am even contemplating to get an oil change at 7.5K KMs & regular service at 15K difference.

Here comes out the old, dark & restricting oil.
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20240115_003446.jpg

That goes the fresh, clean & transparent dose of engine's blood - difference is clearly evident.
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20240115_003638.jpg

The grade of oil used - 5.7 litres of it.
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20240114_211159.jpg

That's the DSG transmission underneath - with black cover over mechatronic unit in front.
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20240110_113359.jpg

Cabin air filter.
Don't know it's HEPA or not.
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20240115_003721.jpg

The choked side - thanks to rising air pollution.
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20240110_114331.jpg

Remaining brake pads - guess they will be good for another 25K KMs.
If they are to be replaced with disc - they will set you back by ₹75K.
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20240110_114623.jpg

The fluid that was poured into wiper washer compartment. Can't understand what's written - used Google translate, turned out to be - Summer Mix for Washer.
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20240115_003816.jpg

Just a minor issue cropped after software update this service - ORVMs now don't dip down while shifting to reverse - hoping for it to get corrected soon.

Last edited by SilverSmoke : 15th January 2024 at 01:32. Reason: Information added.
SilverSmoke is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 21:26   #1594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post

Just a minor issue cropped after software update this service - ORVMs now don't dip down while shifting to reverse - hoping for it to get corrected soon.

It works only if you keep the ORVM adjustment knob at L side (On left mirror).
vagster is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th January 2024, 10:34   #1595

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by novice View Post
It appears engine misfires/jerks seem lot more common on 2.0 TSI than I thought. I always felt my 1.8 TSI Superb ran super smooth on HP petrol. In fact, it runs better on HP regular petrol compared to even IOC's XP95. With XP95, it is always a hit or miss and there is clear difference in engine power and smoothness between refills but unlike the Kodiaq it doesn't completely fail to run.

I feel there is something in IOC fuels, especially the XP95, that these VW engines don't like. I don't think it is down to individual bunks.

Interestingly, I had driven the Kodiaq through TN a lot (~12k of total 18k on the odo) and filled XP95 from any highway bunk that I could find but never faced misfire issues. Engine issues come up only when I fill XP95 from my neighborhood bunks in Bangalore.

My hypothesis, excessive moisture content in XP95 being sold in Bangalore. It may sound stupid, but I am wondering if TN being a dry state and Bangalore being a wet place has anything to do with it? Or may be the refinery or distribution channels that deliver to Bangalore city are to be blamed?
Hmmm, from personal experience i fill up with XP95 in the jp nagar area almost all the time and it makes a huge difference for me. i haven’t tried any other 95 octane fuel from any other pumps except shell’s regular unleaded which they claim is 95 octane. My car runs noticeably smoother when filling up with XP95 versus regular. However my car is specifically required to run on 95 octane in the owners manual(Accord V6). I’m not sure about the Kodiaq, if it is specified then that’s a pretty weird issue but if it doesn’t need 95 id reccomend not using it because it could be the reason behind the misfire. The octane rating simply refers to its resistance to combustion. if your car isn’t rated for 95 it could combust way too late causing the misfire. this wouldn’t explain why 95 works fine from other pumps and other places in bangalore but its a start. again all this is void if your owners manual instructs you to use 95. I hope some of this info is helpful and your issue gets resolved soon. Good luck!
Old 19th January 2024, 11:20   #1596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
Got Avalanche's second service done at 24K KMs.
Got a new lease of life - engine got hyper smooth & very responsive. I highly recommend don't wait for 15K KMs for an oil change - get it done by 10K KMs - strictly. We just keep slushing the engine in high viscosity oil past 10K KMs - don't know why Skoda has recommended that at 15K KMs.
In future I am even contemplating to get an oil change at 7.5K KMs & regular service at 15K difference.
I know what you're talking about! I just got my Octavia back after the second year service at 16k kms and it feels like the car got a MAJOR overhaul. The throttle response and gear shifts are so much better.

I'm surprised by how much difference the oil change makes. Is there anything else they do as part of the second service?
akshay_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2024, 14:33   #1597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
Is there anything else they do as part of the second service?
This time, they also did following-

1. Cabin air filter replacement.

2. Engine air filter clean up.

3. Brake oil replacement.

4. Brake assembly clean up - pads & discs.

5. Sunroof cleaning & lubrication.

6. Wheel balancing & alignment.

7. Regular washing & cleaning.

8. Tyre treads measurement.

9. Engine bay cleaning.

10. Washer fluid top up.
SilverSmoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2024, 07:29   #1598

Quote:
Originally Posted by novice View Post

I feel there is something in IOC fuels, especially the XP95, that these VW engines don't like. I don't think it is down to individual bunks.

Interestingly, I had driven the Kodiaq through TN a lot (~12k of total 18k on the odo) and filled XP95 from any highway bunk that I could find but never faced misfire issues. Engine issues come up only when I fill XP95 from my neighborhood bunks in Bangalore.

My hypothesis, excessive moisture content in XP95 being sold in Bangalore. It may sound stupid, but I am wondering if TN being a dry state and Bangalore being a wet place has anything to do with it? Or may be the refinery or distribution channels that deliver to Bangalore city are to be blamed?
I have a 2011 Hyundai i10 and I had problems ever since ethanol blending was introduced. The engine would have poor acceleration and RPM would fluctuate crazily. Even when I don’t press the accelerator, the car moves forward due to misfire(probably delayed fuel injection) at times(I had to manage my clutch so that I don’t cause a collision). I had to replace spark plugs twice in two years.

I suspected the fuel because the engine would run smooth on fuels(normal petrol) from some BP/IOC but not for all of them. Even refuelling regularly some of the famous petrol bunks that are in my neighbourhood couldn’t fix the misfire problem. The engine used to run smooth prior to ethanol blending by the way.

One fine day I decided to move on from IOC/HP to Shell. I don’t see a huge difference between normal and V-Power of shell, but there’s a significant difference between BP/IOC(including XP95) and Shell. I regularly drive between Madurai/Chennai/Bangalore. What used to take almost a full tank from Bangalore to Madurai for 470km has drastically dropped to almost half the tank(of course with the same driving style averaging 80-90kmph). From then on I never fuel from anything apart from Shell. I had no issues for more than a year now despite filling fuels from different branches of Shell petrol bunk.
vaigunth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2024, 08:28   #1599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportedLlama View Post
. i haven’t tried any other 95 octane fuel from any other pumps except shell’s regular unleaded which they claim is 95 octane.
Refer this official response from shell RON for their fuels sold in India.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5548893 (2023 Skoda Kodiaq 4x4 launched at Rs 37.99 lakh)
Old 21st January 2024, 16:47   #1600
BHPian

Pollution Control Certificate - Kodiaq not listed in Bangalore RTO database!

As my Kodiaq is nearing 1 year, and for renewal of insurance, the insurance company asked for valid Pollution Under Control certificate, I went to my neighborhood Indianoil Petrol pump where I regularly do the pollution testing for my Honda Civic. Being first time, the car had to be registered ( for which I had to give my RC card) and to their and my surprise, the database did not have Kodiaq Petrol listed!
I asked if this is their local database and if I go somewhere else will it work and the operator said this is the Bangalore Motor Vehicles Dept database and not a local database, maybe since the Kodiaq Petrol has been launched only in 2022, it’s not yet updated in the database. He offered to register this as Skoda Kushaq 1.5 DSG, which I refused and came back.
Any of fellow Team BHP members have got their pollution certificate done in Bangalore yet, and did you face this issue?

Last edited by Old Dude : 21st January 2024 at 16:47. Reason: Autocorrect error
Old 22nd January 2024, 15:35   #1601
BHPian

Folks,

Can I know what tyre pressure you usually drive your Kodiaq with, in the city and highway?

Is it different for front and rear tyres? Thank you.
Old 22nd January 2024, 17:51   #1602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vish_Janu View Post
Folks,
Can I know what tyre pressure you usually drive your Kodiaq with, in the city and highway?
I prefer to keep it at 35 PSI [cold] for upto 2 passengers without luggage & 38 PSI [cold] with 5 passengers + luggage.

In rainy drives, I keep it 33 & 35 PSI respectively.

In snow, I would prefer 28 & 30 PSI.
Old 23rd January 2024, 05:28   #1603
BHPian

Quote:
Folks,

My preference is now down from the Skoda suggested measures to 33PSI for Indian Roads both front & rear for 1/2 occupants.

Skoda suggested values are slightly higher and could be for European roads. For a better comfort on Indian roads, I keep a lesser value and air hardly goes down. This is for city roads.

For highways, again with 1 or 2 occupants I would go with 35 across all tyres. When passengers at the rear increase, i alter the tyre pressures also. For a recent trip - Bangalore to Goa, with 4 adults and 4 kids - we started off with 36.5 for front and 38.5 for rear and journey was all comfortable. At the end of the journey 1500Kms - found that the air pressure was hardly 0.5 psi down.

Last edited by kurups : 23rd January 2024 at 05:33.
Old 23rd January 2024, 08:41   #1604
BHPian

Quote:
Folks,

I was initially driving with a higher pressure of 38 psi and found the ride harsh with potholes and ruts registering into the cabin with a thud where you feel the cabin resonating even in comfort suspension. I realized it's a result of higher psi. Ever since I am sticking to 35 psi all around even with 5 to 6 occupants on board and it has made the ride far more complaint, rounding off the bumps much better. I would also partly blame the MRF Markus tyres which isn't the ideal rubber for Kodiaq. I read from someone that he got rid of the hard suspension issue in his Kodiaq by simply swapping the tyres.

Kodiaq needs a premium tyre like Michelin or Conti. I am only 14k now, so probably will swap them out at the 25k mark.
Old 24th January 2024, 00:28   #1605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Pollution Control Certificate - Kodiaq not listed in Bangalore RTO database!

As my Kodiaq is nearing 1 year, and for renewal of insurance, the insurance company asked for valid Pollution Under Control certificate, I went to my neighborhood Indianoil Petrol pump where I regularly do the pollution testing for my Honda Civic. Being first time, the car had to be registered ( for which I had to give my RC card) and to their and my surprise, the database did not have Kodiaq Petrol listed!
I asked if this is their local database and if I go somewhere else will it work and the operator said this is the Bangalore Motor Vehicles Dept database and not a local database, maybe since the Kodiaq Petrol has been launched only in 2022, it’s not yet updated in the database. He offered to register this as Skoda Kushaq 1.5 DSG, which I refused and came back.
Any of fellow Team BHP members have got their pollution certificate done in Bangalore yet, and did you face this issue?
Friends from Bangalore, can any of you share if you have been able to do Pollution Control check and certification for your petrol Kodiaq yet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks