Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2023, 16:45   #1441
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Query: What is the logic for the speed alerts in the Kodiaq?

I took my new Kodiaq on the Hyderabad ORR couple of days back. Here are my observations, which are creating confusion for me. Maybe I was not observant enough.
  1. One beep when crossing 80 KM/H
  2. Continuous beeps started around 117 KM/H.
  3. Seemingly random single beeps in between 80 KM/H and 117 KM/H

Am not able to make sense of observation number 3 above. Looking for someone to help me understand.
Old 16th October 2023, 20:44   #1442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dosojin View Post
Query: What is the logic for the speed alerts in the Kodiaq?

I took my new Kodiaq on the Hyderabad ORR couple of days back. Here are my observations, which are creating confusion for me. Maybe I was not observant enough.
  1. One beep when crossing 80 KM/H
  2. Continuous beeps started around 117 KM/H.
  3. Seemingly random single beeps in between 80 KM/H and 117 KM/H

Am not able to make sense of observation number 3 above. Looking for someone to help me understand.
As I understand, it’s One beep when reaching 80KMPH, Two beeps at 100 and then continuous beep at 120 and beyond - I have set cruise control at 119 to avoid the continuous beep in my Kodiaq.
Old Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 20:49   #1443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
As I understand, it’s One beep when reaching 80KMPH, Two beeps at 100 and then continuous beep at 120 and beyond - I have set cruise control at 119 to avoid the continuous beep in my Kodiaq.
I understand the single beep at 80 and continuous beeps after 120.

What I don't understand are the beeps in between around 100-110.

Are you saying Kodiaq does two beeps at 100? I was not aware of this.
Old 17th October 2023, 00:54   #1444
BHPian

Quote:

When you continuously drive beyond 80kmph, it beeps every minute. So between 81 and 119, it will chime every minute.

Put a speed limiter at 119 to avoid the continuous chimes
Jangra is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 16:33   #1445
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangra View Post
When you continuously drive beyond 80kmph, it beeps every minute. So between 81 and 119, it will chime every minute.
That’s an over zealous implementation of the requirements if I understand correctly. There needs to be a single chime whenever one crosses 80 hand continuous chimes after 120. Nowhere does it specify the per minute chime between 81 & 119.

In my 330i, I set the cruise control at 118 to account for marginal increases on downhill slopes.
Old 17th October 2023, 17:16   #1446
BHPian

Quote:

Doesn't make sense. Beeps like this every minute after 80kmph is as good as continuous beeps above 120kmph. Though I never owned a Skoda/VW, I don't think such a warning exists in any manufacturer let alone Skoda. Can you please check and revert on the same?
However, in some cars, beeps above 80kmph occur intermittently. IIRC, in my ex-Harrier, I got 80kmph warning every 30/45/60mins. But nowhere as far as I know, it is every minute.

Last edited by Livnletcarsliv : 17th October 2023 at 17:22.
Old 19th October 2023, 11:18   #1447

Quote:

Yes that's true and frankly quite irritating on highways, even if you are driving under 120km/hr. Any option to disable timely beeps over 80km/hr using VCDS or otherwise? I can live with once beep on crossing 80 as sometimes it helps in realising, in city traffic, that I've crossed 80km/hr
Old 19th October 2023, 11:29   #1448

Recently had my first service of 2022 Kodiaq L&K. Service experience was good. Got the oil and filter changed in front of me and the service costed around 11k. My AC vent adjuster also broke a few days ago (by supposed rough wiping by the cleaning guy). I had read about many owners facing this issue so was mentally prepared for it to be break but probably not so early. Service advisor clearly mentioned that only adjuster is not available as a part and I have to order the whole AC vent unit prices at 10k Thought I will live with it for the time being. Noticed a minor paint chip off near the front door after service. Looks like the guys were not careful enough. SA has promised to get it fixed on next week.
Overall very happy with my first year ownership. It brings a smile every time I drive around. I have covered mountains, rough terrains, highways, expressways all over and except few niggles the car has performed flawlessly. There was a shocker issue on my Spiti Valley trip but that's a story for another day.

Also I am looking for front sun shades for those long highway drives. Any recommendations/amazon links from other owners? Half-coverage is what I am looking for- to provide shade as well as not hamper visibility much.
xorrmancer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2023, 09:13   #1449
BHPian

One of those feature resets I did when I got the OBDEleven was removing the Speed chime at 120. Now I dont get any chimes for 80 KMPH mark and get just one chime when I hit the 120 mark, which is good because you need to know you have a hit the highest legal speed limit.
Old 22nd October 2023, 13:35   #1450
RSW

Ive been reading this thread for sometime now and must say people have literally put in lot of time to assist the wider community in taking calculated decision. Happy to share I too have now booked kodiaq sportsline, white colour.
Thanks folks for the wonderful insights, much appreciated.

As a next step, consolidating my key points where i need your further inputs.

A general one- I’ve an option to switch to race blue colour, thus pls let me know if the maintenance is high for race blue colour or it fade overtime. I love my cars and retain them for a decade or so!

1. How do I run pre delivery checks, is there any portal that i need to leverage to get the work done?
2. What all mandatory checks are to be performed before booking the vehicle and at the time of taking delivery?
3. Extended warranty- just got the terms and condition document from my dealer (mody skoda), must say this is really scary. Perhaps the policy is tilted towards the manufacturer. In such a case, is it worth buying 2yrs plan for 86k?
4. Maintenance package- thinking to go ahead with standard package for 4yrs for 76k unless anyone has reasoning to share to upgrade for “enhanced package”, 25k extra that covers discs and break pads.
5. Essential kit- I’m thinking to skip it altogether and buy from open market.
6. Coatings- is it mandatorily required? If yes, which one ceramic or ppf? Have read in past, ppf is not advisable for whole body, however can apply on front/rear bumpers?
7. Accessories- thinking to buy following items from market- 1) jopasu dusting brush 2)mud flaps 3) any suggestions on good quality and long lasting mats, read it in past 3d kagu/pharaoh are advisable, though not sure if its available in market
8. Sunfilm- I’m based out of pune and frequently travel to mumbai. Thinking to defer this for sometime, will assess in coming months
9. Fuel- i understand xp95 remains goto food for long run, however, want to understand if xp91 (or any other) is strictly no-no even in case of unavailability of xp95?
10. Dashcam- 70mai 800a or redtiger f7n? Must admit never used dashcams yet, thus some detail suggesting whether to buy or skip will help. For installation, I’m clear reading past post that i need to get it installed from professional to ensure no impact on warranty

Pls let me know if I’m missing anything or need to give special attention to other important aspect not captured here. Thanks a lot
Old 23rd October 2023, 07:09   #1451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSW View Post
Ive been reading this thread for sometime now and must say people have literally put in lot of time to assist the wider community in taking calculated decision. Happy to share I too have now booked kodiaq sportsline, white colour.
Thanks folks for the wonderful insights, much appreciated.

As a next step, consolidating my key points where i need your further inputs.

A general one- I’ve an option to switch to race blue colour, thus pls let me know if the maintenance is high for race blue colour or it fade overtime. I love my cars and retain them for a decade or so!

1. How do I run pre delivery checks, is there any portal that i need to leverage to get the work done?
2. What all mandatory checks are to be performed before booking the vehicle and at the time of taking delivery?
3. Extended warranty- just got the terms and condition document from my dealer (mody skoda), must say this is really scary. Perhaps the policy is tilted towards the manufacturer. In such a case, is it worth buying 2yrs plan for 86k?
4. Maintenance package- thinking to go ahead with standard package for 4yrs for 76k unless anyone has reasoning to share to upgrade for “enhanced package”, 25k extra that covers discs and break pads.
5. Essential kit- I’m thinking to skip it altogether and buy from open market.
6. Coatings- is it mandatorily required? If yes, which one ceramic or ppf? Have read in past, ppf is not advisable for whole body, however can apply on front/rear bumpers?
7. Accessories- thinking to buy following items from market- 1) jopasu dusting brush 2)mud flaps 3) any suggestions on good quality and long lasting mats, read it in past 3d kagu/pharaoh are advisable, though not sure if its available in market
8. Sunfilm- I’m based out of pune and frequently travel to mumbai. Thinking to defer this for sometime, will assess in coming months
9. Fuel- i understand xp95 remains goto food for long run, however, want to understand if xp91 (or any other) is strictly no-no even in case of unavailability of xp95?
10. Dashcam- 70mai 800a or redtiger f7n? Must admit never used dashcams yet, thus some detail suggesting whether to buy or skip will help. For installation, I’m clear reading past post that i need to get it installed from professional to ensure no impact on warranty

Pls let me know if I’m missing anything or need to give special attention to other important aspect not captured here. Thanks a lot
First of all congrats RSW!! My Kodiaq is a month old, and I am loving it. Am sure you will enjoy the car as well.

Sharing my thoughts on few of your queries:

#1 & #2 - Follow the team-bhp PDI checklist. Should be good enough in my opinion. If you want to do more, there was a thread on the forum regarding a startup which does hundreds of checks on your behalf for about 5k-10k.
#3 - I think you will see similar "ifs" and "buts" if you look at any life insurance document as well. Better to go for extended warranty, especially given the DSG
#4 - Standard package makes sense with the reasoning you have mentioned
#5 - I went with the essentials kit. Saved me the hassle of after-market buying, plus I am finding the all-weather mats and mud-flaps decent. Rest all is non-essential to be honest
#7 - Jopasu mini-duster is the only thing I have bought for the car till now
#9 - It is mentioned in the user manual that you can use 91 octane fuel if 95 octane is not available, but only as a stop-gap.

Thanks
Dosojin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2023, 07:50   #1452
BHPian

Groaning noise at low-speed braking. And few tips from Skoda service engineer

From day one, there was a groaning noise just before the car stopped when maneuvering it out from my parking. This was true in forward and reverse directions. I went through multiple Google search results and YouTube videos but finally got the answer in this team-bhp thread: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...hen-slope.html (Why do brakes groan when on a slope?)

Still, I wanted to show it to a Skoda service engineer and be at 100% piece of mind. To put it short, he gave the exact same reasoning as mentioned by ashivas89 in the above thread.

Would want to know if other owners have observed the groaning noise.

While I was with the service engineer, he gave me following tips to follow religiously:
  1. Fuel-up once the tank goes below 50%. His rationale was that on slopes, the fuel-pump may run into issues
  2. Get filters cleaned at 7500 KMs. Rationale being that Kodiaq is not optimized for Indian road conditions
  3. Alignment and wheel balancing every 7500 KMs. Same rationale as above
  4. Check tire pressure every 10 days
  5. Regular service per user manual, i.e. 15k KMs or 1 year whichever is earlier

The service engineer has been with Skoda for 10+ years and he handles Kodiaqs at the service center I will be going to. I will just follow the above and be in his good books - one learning from Tata ownership I will be carrying over!
Old 23rd October 2023, 07:57   #1453
RSW

Quote:
First of all congrats RSW!! My Kodiaq is a month old, and I am loving it. Am sure you will enjoy the car as well.

Sharing my thoughts on few of your queries:

#1 & #2 - Follow the team-bhp PDI checklist. Should be good enough in my opinion. If you want to do more, there was a thread on the forum regarding a startup which does hundreds of checks on your behalf for about 5k-10k.
#3 - I think you will see similar "ifs" and "buts" if you look at any life insurance document as well. Better to go for extended warranty, especially given the DSG
#4 - Standard package makes sense with the reasoning you have mentioned
#5 - I went with the essentials kit. Saved me the hassle of after-market buying, plus I am finding the all-weather mats and mud-flaps decent. Rest all is non-essential to be honest
#7 - Jopasu mini-duster is the only thing I have bought for the car till now
#9 - It is mentioned in the user manual that you can use 91 octane fuel if 95 octane is not available, but only as a stop-gap.

Thanks
Thanks a lot for your inputs.
For 1/2- pdi checklist, would be helpful to get the link. I’m new to this forum - still in learning mode.
Old 23rd October 2023, 08:56   #1454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSW View Post
Thanks a lot for your inputs.
For 1/2- pdi checklist, would be helpful to get the link. I’m new to this forum - still in learning mode.
You can find team-bhp checklist here: https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/pre-...pdi-check-list

And the startup I mentioned is this: https://zekardo.com/

Hope this helps.
Dosojin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2023, 17:34   #1455

Quote:
Originally Posted by xorrmancer View Post
Also I am looking for front sun shades for those long highway drives. Any recommendations/amazon links from other owners? Half-coverage is what I am looking for- to provide shade as well as not hamper visibility much.
I've been using this car shade for my Kodiaq TDI from June 22. Good experience in two summer seasons of North India so far. Fitting too is pretty snug.

Able Dotnet Half Car Magnetic Sun Shade Curtains for Skoda KODIAQ Set of 6 https://amzn.eu/d/hnzHIXc

Mine are front 2 door half type in Dotnet.
Crosscountryman is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks