Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2023, 18:39   #1426
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by GForceEnjoyer View Post
I see that the fuel cap asks for 98 RON while specifying a minimum of 95 RON. Has it always been this way for the 2.0 TSI Kodiaq or is this new?

Do we also have information about whether the car is only material-compliant (as in fuel lines, hoses, etc that can handle the corrosive nature of ethanol better being the only changes), or has the ECU been tuned to be able to adapt to E20 fuel as well?

A picture of our 2021 2.0 TSI Superb's fuel cap for reference. Note how it only mentions 95 RON.
Attachment 2511117
This 2023 Kodiaq https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5548515 (2023 Skoda Kodiaq 4x4 launched at Rs 37.99 lakh)
freebear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2023, 20:47   #1427
BHPian

The second niggle in my 7 months of otherwise delightful ownership of my Kodiaq.

Niggle -1: Noisy wiper blades judder and leaving streaks - addressed in June by realigning wipers.

Niggle -2: Happened yesterday afternoon: Skoda Logo projector on front passenger side come off:
While closing the passenger side front door, there was an uncomfortable crunch as opposed to the expected solid thud. Much to my dismay, found the Skoda Logo projector lamp has come out of its socket below the door pad and was dangling about 10 mm below, and a tell tale scrape / cut in the door sill rubber beading. Surprising as I’ve been always gentle with my vehicle over rough patches of road, and am positive of no external physical forces ( I clean my car personally, so I will know if a cleaning rag caught the edge and yanked off).
Took my car to Raja Skoda service Center promptly - The technician examined and took a picture showing the plastic snap lock (holding the logo projector lamp) has snapped ( pun intended). I asked for replacement under warranty. As it was closing time and a long weekend ahead, they asked me if I can come back on Tuesday morning for them to raise a warranty claim and order for the part, and they will inform me when the part has reached for me to come back and get it fitted. Meanwhile, to prevent further damage to the door sill beading, they unplugged and removed the projector off the socket and handed over to me.

The experience was generally good so far, except for a nagging feeling the lead Service advisor was examining and asking questions about PPF application and running his fingers beneath the door feeling for for PPF edge, as if he was hunting for a reason to deny for my request to replace the part under warranty. Hopefully, it was just me being paranoid reading too much about horror stories of Skoda customer service, but he almost looked disappointed when I told him there was no PPF applied on the car except bumpers ( and hence implied there was never a reason for the door pads to be removed by any 3rd party, for him to deny my request for replacement under warranty).

Will update next week after the follow up visit for the warranty claim.
Old Dude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 00:13   #1428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Poweredd_ View Post
ITook it to the service center today and found out that it was the RATS.

Was expecting that.

Rat infestation & repulsion has been discussed previously on this thread & others.
Can go through it.
Old 4th October 2023, 08:13   #1429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Niggle -2: Happened yesterday afternoon: Skoda Logo projector on front passenger side come off:
The door projector on my octavia also snapped its lock and came loose from the drivers side in the second month of ownership. I tried to claim it under warranty but was denied. That part apparently costs Rs. 11500. (Made in Turkey) . So the service centre technician has fitted it in the door in a reverse way. If your service centre does give you warranty claim i shall too raise a claim for the same. No ppf applied to my car so no door panels were removed.

Last edited by Axe77 : 9th October 2023 at 21:36. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
Old 5th October 2023, 19:21   #1430
BHPian

For BHPians - who are facing disconnecting issues with Android Auto lately, specially with Samsung S23 Ultra, here is the quick fix-

1. Uninstall Android Auto.

2. Update Android System WebView & other all apps.

3. Reboot Handset.

4. Install Android Auto & update.

5. Set Google Maps in Keep Open mode.

6. If any other app is associated with your Android Auto usage, Eg - YouTube Music, enforce Keep Open mode for it too.

After this fix, I am no longer facing any intermittent / permanent disconnections.

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-screenshot_20231005_190140_one-ui-home.jpg

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-screenshot_20231005_190219_one-ui-home.jpg
SilverSmoke is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 07:10   #1431
BHPian

Is split screen available for wireless CarPlay on the Octavia?
Old 6th October 2023, 07:30   #1432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is split screen available for wireless CarPlay on the Octavia?
If you are asking about the split screen view inside the Apple CarPlay, all cars with CarPlay get it regardless of the manufacturer or model.

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img_7014.png

If you are talking about CarPlay playing in a window on part of the display while the other part of the screen displays something else, I have never seen a car doing that till date. To clarify, I am only talking based on my experience of Maruti, Hyundai, TATA, Mahindra, Skoda/VW cars except Superb/Kodiaq etc.
Old 6th October 2023, 07:37   #1433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
If you are asking about the split screen view inside the Apple CarPlay, all cars with CarPlay get it regardless of the manufacturer or model.

Attachment 2513287

If you are talking about CarPlay playing in a window on part of the display while the other part of the screen displays something else, I have never seen a car doing that till date. To clarify, I am only talking based on my experience of Maruti, Hyundai, TATA, Mahindra, Skoda/VW cars except Superb/Kodiaq etc.
Yes, I was enquiring about split screen within CarPlay ( example : Google map and Spotify together) - Ot always come as full screen on my Kodiaq - any tips on how to enable split screen?
Old Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 09:13   #1434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
any tips on how to enable split screen?
There is no option to enable or disable split screen and it is the default interface in all CarPlay systems.

If you get a full screen display by default, you can go to split screen by pressing this icon. I will check my in-dash CarPlay settings by the way to see if there is a split screen related option available.

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img_7020.jpeg
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 15:42   #1435
BHPian

Thank you for the explicit directions with the picture, works like a charm
Old 7th October 2023, 12:21   #1436
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
3rd Oil Change Service completed @ 31000 Kms

No issues with headlight throw / brightness. Only the vibrating LED module issue persists, did not want to push the SA too much on this as while on the move its not noticeable and performance won't change by getting new headlights under warranty. I do notice the DRL is not as white / bright as the delivery day. Seeing slightest yellow tinge in it. These days high end Bimmers sport yellow DRL colour (iXM, M4C), but I much prefer a modern white and bright set of DRLs. Will keep an eye on the eyes. Sceptical on getting sound dampening done, not many professional installers for it in Ahmedabad whom I can trust with not breaking any door card clips while installation. The CANTON setup has such deep bass and loudness over bluetooth, the passenger door card makes a vibrating racket. Then I realise why I bought this car, because it was everything I wanted, without the stratospheric prices of the X1, Q3 and GLA.

I do wish I had DCC in the Sportline, the suspension is supremely stiff for low speed drives on bad roads, and everyone in the car has a good body shake whenever car comes across huge potholes or rutted uneven roads. Something the DCC's comfort mode would have helped with. But happy to make the compromise for the black interior, blacked out exterior bits, sports seats, and excellent wheel design. Next report at 43K kms.
The Haldex oil intervals are all over the place for VW/Skoda. I would stick to around 3 years or 45,000 km, whichever comes earlier especially if you aren't into rough roading which demands the differential be activated. The differential has a hydraulic component and a mechanical component. The hydraulic component is the Haldex pump motor which activates the diff. This is what VW calls haldex oil and suggests changing every 45K km. The oil costs around 8000/L at VW/Skoda ASCs.

The mechanical component is the diff itself consisting of the ring gear and such cogs. It takes in 75W90 GL5 oil.

The DRLs going yellow is a known issue on all the newer VAGs with the continuous strip of DRLs. They go yellow and eventually conk off. Warranty replacements are in order after this.
vishy76 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 12:46   #1437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
Don't know how to fix this. Any help is appreciated.

Finally managed to fix it partially.

Used following adhesive - available online for two reasons, it has a precise metal application tip & adhesive is quick setting non corrosive.

Now it's as good as original except lateral fin movements need to done with some thin object.
I keep it in most desired position & adjust north south direction accordingly.
Hope it helps.

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20231005_183416.jpg

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20231007_081741.jpg
SilverSmoke is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 14:06   #1438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
Finally managed to fix it partially.
At this point I feel like everything happening on this thread WILL happen to everyone of us at some point in time of our ownership. Its not about ‘what’ now, its about ‘when’.
M_Poweredd_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2023, 16:14   #1439
BHPian

Folks, I am considering the Kodiaq - L&K. Can anyone please confirm if the seats are real leather (animal skin) or artificial leather. I cannot take the leather seats due to religious beliefs. The dealership folks were clueless and told me three different things (real/artificial/mixed). Thanks.
Old 16th October 2023, 09:30   #1440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by we_pull View Post
Folks, I am considering the Kodiaq - L&K. Can anyone please confirm if the seats are real leather (animal skin) or artificial leather. I cannot take the leather seats due to religious beliefs. The dealership folks were clueless and told me three different things (real/artificial/mixed). Thanks.
Barely any mass car maker nowadays uses real animal skin leather. Its supposed to be leatherette with fabric. If you’re still not sure, sportline sure has microsuede and leatherette.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks