Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2023, 16:33   #1516
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by novice View Post
Here is the Video, it feels far worse than what the video shows.
Echoing @Sanidhya mukund above, it's still worth checking the ignition coils. If this issue lessens while engine braking, then you have your culprit for sure. We had this exact issue in our now 17 year-old Fiesta, and it idled reasonably well.

I'd suggest pointing out any suspicions you may have to PPS Skoda while handing over the car, just for assurance (it took over a week to get the Fiesta diagnosed, might help save you some downtime).

Good decision to not drive your Kodiaq in the meantime. Good luck!

Last edited by GForceEnjoyer : 4th December 2023 at 16:34.
GForceEnjoyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2023, 16:47   #1517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjbox View Post
Thanks for posting this. I suppose you mean all BS6.2 models (obd 2) from MY 23 are E20 compliant ? Mine is MY23 model bought in Apr 23 ( Manufactured in Feb 23) and doesn't carry the E20 sticker but I was told it would be E20 compliant.
That's right. All the BS6.2 models are suitable for E20 fuel, despite some of the shipped vehicles not carrying the stickers mentioning E20. Mine was also a Feb 2023 manufactured, BS6.2 compliant car that was delivered in April 2023. But it has been clarified that these are E20 compliant. Stickers were not put while dispatching some of these early delivery cars as certification for E20 was not completed by then.

Let's go a step further. I will try and get the exact wordings (if they reply on mail) from Skoda India if all the Skoda Kodiaq Facelifts launched (10th Jan 2022 launch date onwards) with the 2.0-litre TSI engine fall under the E20 compatibility list or not. Let's wait to hear from them.
kurups is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2023, 19:50   #1518

Jerking can be a result of any of the below:

#1 – Dirty Fuel Injectors.
#2 – Blocked Catalytic Converter.
#3 – Faulty Mass Airflow Sensor.
#4 – Bad Fuel Pump or Filter.
#5 – Dirty Air Filter.
#6 – Faulty Spark Plugs.
#7 – Moisture Buildup.
#8 – Worn Accelerator Cable

My gut feeling since a lot of us Octavia and Kodiaq owners are facing this problem intermittently could be due to moisture build up as a result of using higher grade Ethanol petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GForceEnjoyer View Post
Echoing @Sanidhya mukund above, it's still worth checking the ignition coils. If this issue lessens while engine braking, then you have your culprit for sure. We had this exact issue in our now 17 year-old Fiesta, and it idled reasonably well.

I'd suggest pointing out any suspicions you may have to PPS Skoda while handing over the car, just for assurance (it took over a week to get the Fiesta diagnosed, might help save you some downtime).

Good decision to not drive your Kodiaq in the meantime. Good luck!
Similar jerking also noticed by quite a few of us who own the Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI. In fact one of the members who had this jerking issue was refunded the amount on a prorated basis as it was a complete engine failure.

Would like to keep a check on this thread and see what the SVC centre folks diagnose.

Last edited by vb-saan : 5th December 2023 at 14:12. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another. Thank you!
Josteam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2023, 23:39   #1519
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you all for the suggestions.

The last time I showed it to them it wasn't that bad. It was severe the day before but ran better with only few random misfires when service technician took a test drive. It is back to it's worst currently.

Engine idles well, there is no hint of any problems. No error code either. Issue starts only when RPM goes beyond 2k. It is either an electrical or fuel issue. I suspect it is the fuel pump in the tank.

I plan to take the car to PPS Skoda in a day or two. It is scary indeed, stopped driving.
Found this link that discuss possible reasons for engine jerk in Kodiaq
https://lepeupleelectrique.fr/en/eng...aq-what-to-do/
Old Dude is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2023, 08:05   #1520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josteam View Post
Similar jerking also noticed by quite a few of us who own the Skoda Octavia 2.0 TSI. In fact one of the members who had this jerking issue was refunded the amount on a prorated basis as it was a complete engine failure.

Would like to keep a check on this thread and see what the SVC centre folks diagnose.
It appears engine misfires/jerks seem lot more common on 2.0 TSI than I thought. I always felt my 1.8 TSI Superb ran super smooth on HP petrol. In fact, it runs better on HP regular petrol compared to even IOC's XP95. With XP95, it is always a hit or miss and there is clear difference in engine power and smoothness between refills but unlike the Kodiaq it doesn't completely fail to run.

I feel there is something in IOC fuels, especially the XP95, that these VW engines don't like. I don't think it is down to individual bunks.

Interestingly, I had driven the Kodiaq through TN a lot (~12k of total 18k on the odo) and filled XP95 from any highway bunk that I could find but never faced misfire issues. Engine issues come up only when I fill XP95 from my neighborhood bunks in Bangalore.

My hypothesis, excessive moisture content in XP95 being sold in Bangalore. It may sound stupid, but I am wondering if TN being a dry state and Bangalore being a wet place has anything to do with it? Or may be the refinery or distribution channels that deliver to Bangalore city are to be blamed?

Last edited by novice : 5th December 2023 at 08:12.
novice is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th December 2023, 18:05   #1521
BHPian

Apart from Engine related issues, my car has two other critical issues.

Excessively Hard Suspension - The suspension has no damping at all. It crashes into even the smallest of the undulations with loud knocking and rattling noises from suspension. Alloy wheels develop wobbling as they get out of shape due to suspension not offering any damping. The ride is harsh, bumpy and unsettled with lot of body roll. My car is on it's third set of allyos. I have 12 Kodiaq L&K alloys with me and 10 out of 12 have developed wobbling. The same has been checked and confirmed by Madhus. What's worse, some of the alloys from Skoda have wobbling right out of the box. But Tafe has refused to acknowledge the problem and denied warranty even for the alloys that were faulty. Skoda ships alloys in a thin and flimsy carton box with no protection. I have driven few other Kodiaqs of the same age and they all run absolutely fine. Only my car has these issues. I drive the car with utmost care, real slow on bad stretches, humps and potholes.

Abnormal Noise and vibration from Drivetrain/Steering - I drove to Kodaikanal recently. While climbing uphill, there was very loud humming noise and vibrations from the drivetrain/steering every time the steering was turned more than half lock on either side. The humming noise was audible to everyone inside the cabin even with windows rolled up, AC running and Music playing. This continued from the base of the hill till we reached the hill top. I never experienced this problem on plain roads. Complained to both Tafe and PPS but haven't got any explanation so far. This I believe is some undiagnosed problem waiting to explode.

Have written a mail to Skoda listing out all the issues. Awaiting their response.

PS: I am not even going to talk about interiors bits breaking off.

Last edited by novice : 5th December 2023 at 18:08.
novice is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th December 2023, 22:18   #1522
BHPian

Quote:
While climbing uphill, there was very loud humming noise and vibrations from the drivetrain/steering every time the steering was turned more than half lock on either side.

I can confirm I too experience steering hum - whenever car turns under G Force - but more while going downhill. I reported this to Skoda & they said it's normal sound.

I hope something doesn't blast off in future.

Also, today I got my first puncture.
Had topped up pressure to 35 PSI 1 day ago & got low pressure warning in right rear tyre today morning. Checked with Michelin digital gauze - it read 18 PSI.

Will take car tomorrow to tyre workshop for the same after pump filling up.
Though I never felt wobbling anytime - still will get wheels checked.

Last edited by SilverSmoke : 5th December 2023 at 22:25. Reason: Additional information added.
Old 6th December 2023, 13:57   #1523
BHPian

Quote:
Abnormal Noise and vibration from Drivetrain/Steering - I drove to Kodaikanal recently. While climbing uphill, there was very loud humming noise and vibrations from the drivetrain/steering every time the steering was turned more than half lock on either side. The humming noise was audible to everyone inside the cabin even with windows rolled up, AC running and Music playing. This continued from the base of the hill till we reached the hill top. I never experienced this problem on plain roads. Complained to both Tafe and PPS but haven't got any explanation so far. This I believe is some undiagnosed problem waiting to explode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
I can confirm I too experience steering hum - whenever car turns under G Force - but more while going downhill. I reported this to Skoda & they said it's normal sound.

I hope something doesn't blast off in future.
So this appears to be a common issue in Tiguan and Kodiaq. This noise would start after about half an hour of continuous drive on hills. No vibrations though. It's just the humming sound on turning the steering.

This issue has been widely reported in the Tiguan group and it has been confirmed and acknowledged by VW technicians with assurance that it's a steering motor software issue. Further, VW is already out with a software update for the petrol Tiguans. Mine being a diesel, the wait continues.
torque18 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 16:33   #1524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
So this appears to be a common issue in Tiguan and Kodiaq. This noise would start after about half an hour of continuous drive on hills. No vibrations though. It's just the humming sound on turning the steering..
In my case, the humming noise was accompanied by vibrations through pedals and steering column. I don't recall how severe the vibrations were. But I am dropping it form the list things that worry me. Thanks for the info.
Old 6th December 2023, 20:57   #1525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
So this appears to be a common issue in Tiguan and Kodiaq. This noise would start after about half an hour of continuous drive on hills. No vibrations though. It's just the humming sound on turning the steering.

This issue has been widely reported in the Tiguan group and it has been confirmed and acknowledged by VW technicians with assurance that it's a steering motor software issue. Further, VW is already out with a software update for the petrol Tiguans. Mine being a diesel, the wait continues.
I exactly experienced this during one of my recent hill station trips around the Nilgiris Enroute to Masinagudi. When we were climbing those steep sections, I was able to hear a hum but I couldn't locate the spot exactly and thought it was coming from the wheels or something. Although didn't experience this in the recent drives around Anaikatti areas ( may be there weren't as steep) - so not sure if its an on and off issue. But nevertheless, will report it in the next check up as I have a long road trip coming up this month.
vjbox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2023, 15:47   #1526
BHPian

I reported the misfire issue to Skoda and they got in touch with the service center and I was asked to leave to car with service today. Car was parked for about a week after the last misfire incident. I crank engine this morning and start driving but there is no hint of any misfire.

Called up service technician who was in touch with me and explained the situation. He requested me to continue to use the car and bring it to him when the issue occurs again.

It isn’t a random misfire once in a while. I would be okay with it if that’s the case. Here it goes from one extreme to another. It misfired so badly that it shook the whole car.

Last edited by novice : 8th December 2023 at 16:05.
novice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2023, 18:48   #1527
BHPian

Hi, I am planning a trip to Manali and the surrounding areas in a few days. Any leads on where can I find or get snow chains for Skoda Kodiaq?
Old 8th December 2023, 21:43   #1528
BHPian

Quote:
I reported the misfire issue to Skoda and they got in touch with the service center and I was asked to leave to car with service today. Car was parked for about a week after the last misfire incident. I crank engine this morning and start driving but there is no hint of any misfire.

Called up service technician who was in touch with me and explained the situation. He requested me to continue to use the car and bring it to him when the issue occurs again.

It isn’t a random misfire once in a while. I would be okay with it if that’s the case. Here it goes from one extreme to another. It misfired so badly that it shook the whole car.
Since one of your suspicion was moisture in the fuel - you can try filling from the IOCL company owned petrol pump in KR Puram ( on the left side, on the road towards Phoenix Market City / Hoody), about 1 km from Outer Ring Road junction. My only data point about their fuel quality is that I’ve been filling XP95 regularly from there and haven’t faced any misfire issue in the 6500 km so far.
Old Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2023, 11:57   #1529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Since one of your suspicion was moisture in the fuel - you can try filling from the IOCL company owned petrol pump in KR Puram ( on the left side, on the road towards Phoenix Market City / Hoody), about 1 km from Outer Ring Road junction. My only data point about their fuel quality is that I’ve been filling XP95 regularly from there and haven’t faced any misfire issue in the 6500 km so far.
I frequently fill up my vehicle with xp95 at that station and it's been satisfactory so far. Occasionally, I also opt for Power 95 at the HP COCO station located on Old Madras Road, just past the KR Puram Market.
Old 9th December 2023, 14:12   #1530
BHPian

Quote:

Most probably unrelated to this issue, but do keep the fuel above the refuel indicator. Using car with fuel below it, may lead to fuel pump issues. This was told to me by Skoda service engineer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks