Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2022, 14:10   #766
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurups View Post
@Leomachine/@Jangra - In both your cases, just a query...when was the New Kodiaq booked (month/year) and which month was delivery confirmed by dealer (if you made the payment to them) ?
In my case I was keen on Kodiaq but booked a Tiguan ( long story) but one morning in Feb I got a call if I pay in Full, they deliver within 4 weeks, I took the plunge. So in my case, my booking amount was OTR Mumbai and booking month and delivery month was same
Jangra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 18:07   #767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMachine View Post
Quick question to all who bought new kodiaq recently. How do you get intimation of car allotment to your booking? Is it through some email communication centrally from Skoda or through verbal confimation from dealer?

I've made a booking and dealer is claiming that he can allot a vehicle in a week's time but I'm being pestered to make full payment or most of it. I'm reluctant to make further payment till I get any documentary evidence like allotment email/VIN number etc
As far as I know, in BLR, deliveries and have started in a trickle. A dealer recently handed over a L&K and is awaiting a Sportline soon.

I don't think Skoda has a email confirmation system. Allotment is largely up to the dealer. You can ask your dealer for a booking confirmation screenshot.

I guess your dealer has been allotted inventory against which there is no booking. Hence the offer to allot on immediate payment.
cooldip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 22:08   #768
Senior - BHPian

Is it just me or the stock MRF Markus tyres have become noisier than what it was when new? ODO at 9300 KM, had gotten road force balancing and alignment done at 6500 KM, tyres weren’t rotated as the machine suggested same pattern as stock. Anyone else facing this? You should start noticing the increased rolling noise at around 8000 KM mark. Should have swapped for Michelins after delivery, but thought to give it a chance as I hadn’t heard any thing negative about these tyres expect being a little rigid in the side wall.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 23:03   #769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Is it just me or the stock MRF Markus tyres have become noisier than what it was when new?
These are noisy tires.

Right from the beginning, they get noisier above 80 KMPH mark, can't say about 8K - mine have time.
SilverSmoke is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2022, 00:29   #770
BHPian

Quote:
Is it just me or the stock MRF Markus tyres have become noisier than what it was when new?.
Ditto. Anything north of 80kmph, it does get noisy, esp on concrete roads. Tar roads are still quieter. And mine crossed 5K mark last weekend.
Separate question, has anyone got rid of the speed dings, it’s really annoying on the long journey. Initially I didn’t want to fiddle with the codes, but now I’m happy to, atleast the 80kmph dings. Also, post any software updates during the regular servicing, would it undo the same? And if it gets noticed, will SKODA void the warranty?
Old 4th October 2022, 09:29   #771
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
These are noisy tires. Right from the beginning, they get noisier above 80 KMPH mark, can't say about 8K - mine have time.
I honestly felt the tyres were pretty okay in terms of noise initially. Its only recently I started noticing the tyre noise has increased like I am driving on over inflated tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangra View Post
Separate question, has anyone got rid of the speed dings, it’s really annoying on the long journey. ?
I am regretting the decision to stick with stock tyres. Should have just swapped for better tyres upon delivery itself. Actually there was a lack of good options too in May. Only Vredestein Ultrac Vorti was available and I wasn’t sure of it’s long term review. Now though, Primacy 4 is in stock, but will just have to tolerate the stock tyres till they last

I got rid off the 80 km/h chime on day one. And I set the 120 km/h warning to chime only once, rather than continuous chimes. So its now a good reminder of watching your pace as well as not overly intrusive. To be honest I barely ever cross the second threshold warning. I did it using the OBDEleven device. Has nothing to do with warranty, software update won’t patch this modification in coding. There wasn’t any software update during first service, I asked about the maps specifically but there wasn’t any.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2022, 22:49   #772
Senior - BHPian

Visited Nadabet Zero Point Indo-Pak border today. 375 Kms round trip, managed a measly 11.9 km/l only, though decent average speeds on dual lane highways. Worth visiting once! Driving through the serene water beds with Pak in sight, felt surreal.

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-c926dcb148ea4e5da75c7b9157cbf363.jpeg

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-aec0295a3421490481a4c1380b789ba7.jpeg
Thats actually water and the reflection of clouds you see in the pic, although it looks like I am at 15000 ft above MSL but in reality at 0 ft above MSL.

The car managed very well. Both my wife and I were extremely comfortable. AC worked well and got the cabin cool quickly after spending time outside in the sun. Alcantara seats surely help here as they just don’t get hot!

Roads were a mixed bag, but car performed strong. Potholes to stray cattle, some 4 lane roads and mostly dual lane countryside roads. The car is plenty comfortable, but I am still struggling a bit to set the perfect seat position. My right forearm remains suspended if I drive in 10-2 position. In the octy, I could set the seats low as well as the steering lowest setting, would result in perfect setting for safety and comfort. After driving 6.5 hours my right forearm is feeling lifeless.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 00:15   #773
BHPian

Quote:
I am still struggling a bit to set the perfect seat position. My right forearm remains suspended if I drive in 10-2 position. In the octy, I could set the seats low as well as the steering lowest setting, would result in perfect setting for safety and comfort. After driving 6.5 hours my right forearm is feeling lifeless.
Great drive.

Initially I too had right forearm palsy after few hours drive - I found right arm rest at door a bit too out of reach, but luckily have found a sweet spot for the same.

Didn't had suspended elbow syndrome though.
Old 14th October 2022, 08:32   #774
BHPian

Quote:

1) Cruise Control is mentioned in the Indian Brochures - Will we be getting Adaptive Cruise control in India Or the regular cruise control only in 2022/23 delivery Kodiaqs for which bookings are open now?
Thanks to people who could respond to other queries. On adaptive cruise control vs normal cruise control - would anyone have an idea what's being offered on the Kodiaq deliveries in India?
Old 14th October 2022, 09:55   #775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks to people who could respond to other queries. On adaptive cruise control vs normal cruise control - would anyone have an idea what's being offered on the Kodiaq deliveries in India?
The most important bit of your query was already answered. ‘Normal’ cruise control is installed in Kodiaqs being sold in India. Speed limit detection and adaptive cruise control require radars and front cameras which are missing from the Indian iteration.

HBA: The brake assist recognizes from the operating speed of the brake pedal whether the driver wants an emergency stop and increases the brake pressure automatically up to the ABS control range, as long as the driver keeps the pedal pressed. If you lift off the accelerator abruptly, ECU indicates the brake system to increase pressure and brake boost as an emergency situation might be imminent. This can be tried even at slow city speeds. This system also works with ‘Prefill’ which ensures the hydraulic pressure for the brakes is enough even before you start depressing the pedal.

MBA: as the term suggests it applies mechanical brake boost once the threshold is passed by mechanically depressing the brake pedal. For not so tricky situations.

MKB: or Multi Collision Braking, helps when the car has been in an impact, and stops the car automatically to prevent further impact with other objects or vehicles.

Fatigue alert is present in the Indian Kodiaq.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 23:47   #776
BHPian

Dear members, any one who booked the Kodiaq in the last 1-2 months who is aware of the MY23 spec? I booked the vehicle last week and the SA mentioned that they received the MY23 Spec with no changes to the vehicle except for Alloy wheel design. I verified again if all the current features are retained ( its funny we are living in such times) including the Canton audio that he confirmed that has been removed from the new batches of Octavias. Since its one of the highlights of the L&K Kodiaq, I was keen and he assured that Canton is still being offered on the Kodiaq for MY23 spec. Can someone verify this ?
Old 15th October 2022, 00:07   #777
BHPian

The Kodiaq is now available for display at the Worli showroom in Mumbai.
mikilbhatkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2022, 17:47   #778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikilbhatkar View Post
The Kodiaq is now available for display at the Worli showroom in Mumbai.
Good to know. Any news on the Kodiaq MY23 model especially difference compared to existing MY21/22 model is eagerly awaited.
Old 17th October 2022, 11:43   #779
BHPian

Visited the Worli showroom. It seems the Canton setup will be continued in Kodiaq, but in the Superb and Octavia it will be replaced by stock Skoda speakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjbox View Post
Dear members, any one who booked the Kodiaq in the last 1-2 months who is aware of the MY23 spec? I booked the vehicle last week and the SA mentioned that they received the MY23 Spec with no changes to the vehicle except for Alloy wheel design. I verified again if all the current features are retained ( its funny we are living in such times) including the Canton audio that he confirmed that has been removed from the new batches of Octavias. Since its one of the highlights of the L&K Kodiaq, I was keen and he assured that Canton is still being offered on the Kodiaq for MY23 spec. Can someone verify this ?
mikilbhatkar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 16:36   #780
BHPian

Hi all,

I have been reading this thread avidly both before and after booking (late 2021) and receiving (May 2022) my Lava Blue Kodiaq L&K.

Our car is mainly used for home-school-office-classes drives in Mumbai city.

With my initial driver, my mileage (as indicated by the car) used to be around 5. My new driver, who drives (sometimes too) calmly, has pushed the mileage to about 6. If I were to estimate my average speed (total distance traveled / total time used), I reckon it would come to about 20 km/h - would you say accordingly the mileage makes sense?

Overall, we have been quite happy with the drive quality and comfort. The car when cleaned and sparkling is really eye catching.

I did have a few questions. I had read some postings where dealerships had forgotten to finish a few tasks from the checklist pre delivery, so I wanted to just double check this with other owners.

1) I found the vents under the front seats (for the rear passengers) looking a bit cheap and unrefined. What do you think?

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20221006_130331.jpg

2) When the front seats are taken a bit to the front (as is typical with chauffeur driven cars) you can see wiring under the seat, which seemed both unsightly and risky. Is this for all of you? You can see a black cable on the above pic.

3) Under the front seat glove compartment I have a big piece of foam which is held in place with some screws. The foam had suddenly fallen off one of its screws and was dangling. Though I have put it back, it seemed so cheap that I was wondering if it was an oversight by the dealer. At the same time, under the foam I could feel a wire as well, so would like to hear from other owners on this as well.

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20221006_133640.jpg

Sorry for the weird angle but I had to take it from under the compartment blindly.

4) There are 2 vents in the boot. Do these also ventilate the car or are they for some other purpose? If so, how to control them? When we travel with the entire family, our nanny sits in the back and it gets very stuffy for her. I have actually gotten a USB fan now which we attach to the seat (as many black yellow taxis have).

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20221006_133611.jpg

5) Is there a control on the steering for answering calls or does it have to go via the console screen?

6) While cold starting the car, I am able to start the engine only if the console and screen are fully off. If I just press the start button briefly, e.g. just to get the AC on and set the seats, I need to turn the car off fully before I can start the car. Am I doing something wrong?

7) The manual mentions that the driver seat has a thigh extender, but I am unable to find this. Is it not there in the Indian version?

8) A question on Android Auto. I use it because I like to route music via the car speakers but then I lose control of the phone call on the phone and need to both answer calls and speak via the car speaker. Since I sit in the rear, it is a big irritation. Any workarounds? Clearly, they have considered only self driven use of Android auto but with a driver it's very irritating.

9) There is a tape around the rear seat belt clips. Can this be taken off?

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20221006_130705.jpg

thanks all!
Jacobijn is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed