Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2022, 16:36   #871
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Final survey is complete.

No damage to engine / transmission / suspension / chassis / ECU / wheels.

Estimate generation & approval in progress.

Last edited by SilverSmoke : 15th December 2022 at 16:37.
SilverSmoke is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 16:52   #872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
Car smashed from back by truck. Will get back with updates. Family absolutely safe. Getting RSA done. Car getting towed to workshop.
Thankfully you and your Family are all okay, everyone is safe is all that matters, but airbags not opening with this much impact is unusual. Like how much of a impact is needed for the deployment?
Old 15th December 2022, 17:45   #873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Thankfully you and your Family are all okay, everyone is safe is all that matters, but airbags not opening with this much impact is unusual. Like how much of a impact is needed for the deployment?
I feel direct impact at the level of parking sensors is needed with vehicle in motion.

Both of these were absent in my case.
Old 16th December 2022, 11:32   #874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
I feel direct impact at the level of parking sensors is needed with vehicle in motion.

Both of these were absent in my case.
The photos show that the car was smashed. I am a bit concerned by the airbags not opening.
Fun_to_drive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2022, 12:06   #875

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulag62442 View Post
Congratulations on the new car. It certainly is value luxury.

Did you ever consider the Hector or Harrier? If not, why?
Harrier - no petrol
Hector - poor performance from petrol engine
nks81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2022, 16:15   #876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun_to_drive View Post
The photos show that the car was smashed. I am a bit concerned by the airbags not opening.
Yeah.

I will raise this concern.

Doubtful, I clicked airbag button set to ON at incident site itself - just to have a valid point.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20221210_141400.jpg  

SilverSmoke is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th December 2022, 17:19   #877
BHPian

Quote:
Do not go by the looks of the car. From the pictures it seems it’s just the crumple zone that has deformed. They are designed absorb kinetic energy on a crash event and deform for both passenger and pedestrian safety. Airbag deployment uses an array of sensors which determine if it’s necessary to deploy the airbags. OP did not report any whiplash injury so am assuming it was just low G forces in play.

No, I am not an expert but I have been a first hand victim in an accident without airbag deployment in a Jetta. All thanks to an idiot in a Cruze who decided it was wise to T cross the highway without looking for oncoming traffic. Car was repaired in 10 days and ran trouble free for another 7 years.

Last edited by SR-71 : 16th December 2022 at 17:21.
SR-71 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th December 2022, 15:23   #878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by solaris007 View Post
How would you describe those creaks? When driving without any music I occasionally notice static noise coming from the front passenger door on rough roads (not sure whether it is from the mounted speakers). It is not exactly a creak - it is the same noise the radios of old used to emit when tuning stations.

It is very irritating...
Were you able to get rid of these static noises? Even i am beginning to hear it. Its not noticeable when music is playing, but in a silent cabin there is some creaky static noise from the passenger dashboard side.
Old 25th December 2022, 11:59   #879
BHPian

Another price hike. The revised prices seems to be applicable for deliveries from Jan 2023.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-hike.jpg  

SRTH1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 16:25   #880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTH1987 View Post
Another price hike. The revised prices seems to be applicable for deliveries from Jan 2023.
So almost a 2L increase over last set of vehicles. Hope they add few more features to this edition.
Old 29th December 2022, 11:57   #881

Stain marks in the last row seat on my Skoda Kodiaq LnK 2 TSI

Like most of us, I used to keep my last row folded most of the time and use it as a boot space.
Unfortunately, I could now see the leather stain marks from the backrest in my last row seat.
While showing it in the service center, they accepted it could be a manufacturing defect because of the leather quality and rubber. However, Skoda India says it is because of external factors since this was absent during the PDI. I am still trying to figure out how it happened. One reason could be the heat, but I have a closed car parking.
This brand-new car was delivered in the last week of July 2022. I have just driven 10000 km. I don't want to use any chemical or paint to remove that stain, so I am trying to find out if others have seen a similar issue and can go to Skoda India with full proof.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-stain.jpg  

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-stain3.jpg  

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-satin2.jpg  

rahuljha1310 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 13:54   #882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTH1987 View Post
I went to Skoda showroom this week to enquire about Kodiaq for a test drive but they said that 2022 model is no more available and hence only pre booking for 2023 is being taken. This explains removal from online booking.

Sales rep also mentioned that it should be announced in Jan end or Feb start along with pricing which he mentioned that should be approx 1 lakhs plus of current pricing.
Old 30th December 2022, 12:43   #883
BHPian

Re: Stain marks in the last row seat on my Skoda Kodiaq LnK 2 TSI

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahuljha1310 View Post

Like most of us, I used to keep my last row folded most of the time and use it as a boot space.
Unfortunately, I could now see the leather stain marks from the backrest in my last row seat.
While showing it in the service center, they accepted it could be a manufacturing defect because of the leather quality and rubber. However, Skoda India says it is because of external factors since this was absent during the PDI. I am still trying to figure out how it happened. One reason could be the heat, but I have a closed car parking.
This brand-new car was delivered in the last week of July 2022. I have just driven 10000 km. I don't want to use any chemical or paint to remove that stain, so I am trying to find out if others have seen a similar issue and can go to Skoda India with full proof.
I ve not seen such marks in my car atleast. On the face of it, it looks they got created over time with you not using the last row. Don't appear to be that deep, should easily be removed through a stain remover .
Fun_to_drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2022, 14:21   #884
BHPian

Updated ownership review at 3500 Kms

Its been 70 days since I’ve got this amazing machine which brings a smile on my face everyday. Thought of sharing my experience so far:-
  • The build, the thuds feel solid for the most part. Except for a few cheap plastic bits , and the thin sun roof cover, the car feels premium and reassuring.
  • Mileage has been surprisingly better than I expected. I am getting between 9-11kmpl in city and around 12-13 on highways. The worst I’ve ever got was around 8.3kmpl. It comes down to how you drive, I ve been a little intentional about it. I’ve tried the ECO mode, coasting feature(honestly both made a little difference) and Auto start/stop which do come in handy to save fuel. I’ve configured an individual mode which puts drive in ECO, steering in normal , and DCC in Comfort mode(sharing the pic). I use the gear lever to put it in sports to surge ahead in an open patch to have the best of both worlds. Even in Normal mode with Auto start/Stop, you should be fine with the mileage.
  • Honestly been a little disappointed with the DCC feature. I expected the comfort mode to absolutely glide the car over bad roads like it happened in an Endeavor I once drove. The ride quality is good but not plush. It's little on the stiffer side but not uncomfortable by any means.To simplify- its not bad in normal mode to begin with, but putting it in comfort doesn't improve it by a lot. I would request other members to please share their observations around this. Do you feel a huge difference wrt to DCC in Normal vs Comfort mode? . If DCC is not a differentiator, TPMS being poor and 360 camera being only good to have, the decision of many owners to go with Sportsline seems vindicated. I honestly would still pick Lnk just for the looks, and dual tone interiors alone.
  • The car is just the perfect size, perfect as a 5 seater without feeling too big for weekdays, and practical enough 7 seater for two families to go for a weekend trip with luggage comfortably. Have done two road trips and the practicality factor is amazing.
  • It’s a well put together machine, everything works as it should without any noticeable rattles or niggles. There’ve been minor static noises that I’ve heard but not noticeable with music on. There’ve been times if you take off the seat belt at the rear, it keeps beeping even if no one is sitting at the back, restarting the car had resolved it.
  • The drive is just amazing . Its comfortable at cruising speeds that you can maneuver through the city with just one hand with that light steering , ignoring traffic stress as the car cocoons you. At the same time, push the pedal a little and you will see it zip past everything and easily achieve that claimed 0 to 100 in about 7.5 seconds. The only gripe being that at low rpms there is a lag of about a second for that power to get unleashed. There’s plenty of grip on the road and the car is well planted and stable at triple digit speeds as well.
  • I never thought a great music system can make so much of a difference, feels like a moving concert and a great place to unwind after work. I’ve found my perfect settings and sharing in this post with everyone.
I’ve loved everyday with it so far, the love for its looks and the eagerness to drive it is still the same as day one.
Fun_to_drive is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 31st December 2022, 16:42   #885
BHPian

Quote:
I would request other members to please share their observations around this. Do you feel a huge difference wrt to DCC in Normal vs Comfort mode?
Yes. After been in Endeavour, suspension definitely feels lot stiffer in comparison.

Comfort mode just eases up the suspension a bit - nothing more.

I chose L&K just for the interior colors - they feel more spacious. Initially I thought comfort mode will put Kodiaq in Superb mode - that's very soft - neither it happened nor I was disappointed by it.

It's a great vehicle - love her.

Last edited by Sheel : 31st December 2022 at 17:28. Reason: Endy = Endeavour. Please do not use acronyms when referring to manufacturer / model / make. Thanks.
SilverSmoke is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks