Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2022, 22:12   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Actually they removed that from 2019 end cars which were labelled as MY'20. My car is missing those as well.

There is a somewhat valid reason to omit those. International forums were flooded with those breaking off within months. If someone closed the door too hard, they wouldn't close on time and break.

Also it snagging against clothes/dresses.
Seems like only the Indian Kodiaq doesn’t get them? Was seeing a UK video of the Kodiaq Sportline and it had the door edge protectors (although video mentions it’s part of the ‘Family Pack’)!

Time stamp 5:45

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 25th January 2022 at 22:18.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 25th January 2022, 23:23   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goenkakushal View Post

He got email from dealer on 17th Jan that vehicle will be delivered by mid March 2022. Dealer wants full payment (including loan amount) before 26th Jan 2022 in order to keep us protected from the 4% price hike.

Can the dealer apply the new increased price if not paid full amount by 26th Jan?
I guess its same with all dealers, irrespective of the brand.
During my recent purchase of i20, the wait period was 6 weeks. The dealer did not ask me to pay full amount / invoicing until the vehicle was alloted and was transported to the dealer, which was 5 days before delivery. However they were clear that the final price will be at the time of invoicing, so if Hyundai had increased the price before invoicing I would have had to pay the new price.
In this case if your friend is getting protected from 4% hike if he makes the full payment now, I guess nothing wrong in that. Else he is actually at a risk of any price increase.
Old 25th January 2022, 23:45   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
I guess its same with all dealers, irrespective of the brand.
During my recent purchase of i20, the wait period was 6 weeks. The dealer did not ask me to pay full amount / invoicing until the vehicle was alloted and was transported to the dealer, which was 5 days before delivery. However they were clear that the final price will be at the time of invoicing, so if Hyundai had increased the price before invoicing I would have had to pay the new price.
In this case if your friend is getting protected from 4% hike if he makes the full payment now, I guess nothing wrong in that. Else he is actually at a risk of any price increase.
What you are saying is right for normal bookings..
But this was a launch day booking and if they change the price even for launch day booking, this price will have no significance .
Skoda is providing this price for the 1st lot of cars and my friend should definitely be eligible for that as its a launch day booking
Old 25th January 2022, 23:48   #124
BHPian

Quote:
My friend had booked Kodiaq L&K on Launch day.

He got email from dealer on 17th Jan that vehicle will be delivered by mid March 2022. Dealer wants full payment (including loan amount) before 26th Jan 2022 in order to keep us protected from the 4% price hike.

Looks like in spite of good efforts by Mr. Zac Hollis Skoda dealers have not shown any sign of improvement.

How can a dealer demand for full payment more than a month in advance? This would mean the EMI will start even before vehicle is delivered.

The vehicle was already booked on the launch date and the price applicable shall be the price prevailing at the time of booking and not at the time of delivery. As it was launch day offer. Similar to XUV 007 bookings of launch day. Hence no such increase should be applicable. Dealer is clearly trying to arm twist customer to finance their working capital at 0% interest.

Can anyone confirm what would be the right time to release full payment ?
according to me once the vehicle is allotted/ dispatched from plant (ideally ready for delivery within next 10days) one can make full payment.

Can the dealer apply the new increased price if not paid full amount by 26th Jan?
Seems like there is no right and wrong way these days for the car in demand. Say your friend is going for Rs30lacs loan for 5 years with the 7.5% rate of interest, EMI will be Rs60k per month. If he is allocated / delivered the car in April, thats Rs 1.8lacs of EMI, Rs50k of booking amount, and 14 lacs of down payment (if L&K) = Rs16.3lacs three months before the actual allocation of the car. Real question is, is you friend ready to pay this to get the price protection of may be 2 lacs?

PS: This is in case of 3months of wait. It changes the dynamic is wait is reduced or increased

Last edited by Aditya : 26th January 2022 at 22:49. Reason: As requested
Jangra is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 14:15   #125
AKB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Seems like only the Indian Kodiaq doesn’t get them? Was seeing a UK video of the Kodiaq Sportline and it had the door edge protectors (although video mentions it’s part of the ‘Family Pack’)!

Time stamp 5:45
https://Youtu.be/QaBcrVJk9Ls
Thanks for sharing. I really liked how the presenter is positioning the car as a family car for those who want a 7 seater, and is dismissive of power and ride quality, mentioning that is good for this class of vehicles. Here Skoda is positioning it as a true performance and luxurious SUV.

Sorry for the rant, but just another day me comparing what 45L (US$60K) can buy outside India
AKB is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 12:10   #126
BHPian

Quote:
My friend had booked Kodiaq L&K on Launch day.

If your friend booked the Kodiaq on launch day he should get the benefit of the launch price, from what I am told the price change if ay is for bookings made after 11th Jan '21.

Ask your friend to speak with Skoda and see what they have to say on this.

Cheers,
Sid
Old 27th January 2022, 14:28   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidpak View Post

Ask your friend to speak with Skoda and see what they have to say on this.

Cheers,
Sid
Yes you are very much right. The dealer is just trying some arm twisting tactics , probably to solve their cash crunch.
Only fear is later dealer should not claim later that; we had offered you vehicle from 1st lot and you failed to pay. So now you will get vehicle as per new price.
Old 27th January 2022, 15:36   #128
Senior - BHPian

Found another video a few days back, for the Sportline variant in India. The video is in Tamil I believe. It gives a few views of the virtual cockpit, love the themes for the Sportline. That blue background and red dials gives me Alpina vibes. Theres one more video but that only demos the park assist feature in the Sportline. Many dealers are yet to receive Sportline demo cars. My SA tells me 10th Feb is when they'll receive one of the Sportline on order.

adi_petrolhead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 08:29   #129
BHPian

Wondering if the deliveries have actually started for the Kodiaq? If not, when are they expected to start?
Old 28th January 2022, 09:15   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydiver View Post
Wondering if the deliveries have actually started for the Kodiaq? If not, when are they expected to start?
It may take few more weeks for the dealers to get the cars ready for customer deliveries, here's what Zac Hollis has to say about the Kodiaq deliveries

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-smartselect_20220128091127_twitter.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 12:38   #131
BHPian

The car dealer's are informing about the march delivery even for the bookings made in december.
Old 28th January 2022, 12:41   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
The car dealer's are informing about the march delivery even for the bookings made in december.
I have been given a March date as well by my SA. Hopefully that is the case. Had booked on the 12th January (just for reference).
Old 28th January 2022, 12:49   #133
Senior - BHPian

Saw one Kodiaq yesterday evening in White shade. Must say it's an impressive vehicle... Balanced stance & quite handsome looking IMO. But VAG should bring in something other than just petrol engines - hybrids & or CNG (with Euro Passat like arrangement). As far as I know the 2l turbo petrol is compatible with CNG as it's broken Natural Gas powered land speed record (200 kmph) on an Octavia.

India is a different ball game & minus the diesel they need to play maximum bets.
CARDEEP is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 13:44   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Saw one Kodiaq yesterday evening in White shade. Must say it's an impressive vehicle... Balanced stance & quite handsome looking IMO. But VAG should bring in something other than just petrol engines - hybrids & or CNG (with Euro Passat like arrangement). As far as I know the 2l turbo petrol is compatible with CNG as it's broken Natural Gas powered land speed record (200 kmph) on an Octavia.

India is a different ball game & minus the diesel they need to play maximum bets.
While I agree on the Diesel and Hybrids, really doubt anyone spending 50 lakhs will go for a CNG, no matter how good it is. Even CNG will be hard to sell beyond 15 lakhs segment in India.
Old 28th January 2022, 15:49   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Can anyone who has seen the Sportline in person, confirm if the roof liner is also suede-ish just like the material used on the door cards? Internationally the roof liner including the sunvisors are all suede lined in the Sportline.
Further to my query, I was scanning again through the brochure, and there it is, page 65, the Sportline gets a black suede roof liner!

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-screenshot-20220128-15.48.10.png

Most Viewed