Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2022, 11:50   #241
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
That was a customer delivery vehicle and it's gone. No sportline available to even see anywhere
I will have to find someone who got it delivered already
I can share a contact with you for a test drive of the sportline from a dealer in Bangalore if you want.
EaurougeatSpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2022, 21:45   #242
BHPian

Skoda had committed that on Feb 10th they would be communicating me the delivery schedule. But no-one called or responded over email by Feb 10th. On 11th when I have called the dealer, hearing that my delivery might be in April( pre-booking was done on 22-dec-2021). That too they are not sure. Skoda says they have passed down the information to dealers and advise me to speak to the dealer, but dealer complains that they don't have information from Skoda. Basically no ownership for sales of a product costing close to half crore. Skoda has a success in hand on paper, but don't see a plan to encash it. They have lined up multiple new launches, but no plans for production or delivery.

Im thinking of Jeep Commander as an option since there is no solid delivery plan from Skoda.

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 12th February 2022 at 21:54.
HotChillyPepper is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2022, 23:01   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaurougeatSpa View Post
I can share a contact with you for a test drive of the sportline from a dealer in Bangalore if you want.
thank you. Would appreciate if you can dm me the details
Old 12th February 2022, 23:22   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
On 11th when I have called the dealer, hearing that my delivery might be in April( pre-booking was done on 22-dec-2021). That too they are not sure. Skoda says they have passed down the information to dealers and advise me to speak to the dealer, but dealer complains that they don't have information from Skoda. Basically no ownership for sales of a product costing close to half crore.
This is the same slaphappy pre sales experience I'm hearing on Skoda off late. A friend who has booked Kodiaq has a similar tale to share. There's something amiss with Skoda's processes surely. Now with Slavia also on the anvil, Skoda really needs to pull up the socks on the buying experience as there are many first time Skoda buyers who are contemplating cars like Kushaq and Slavia. The first impression they create, good or bad, would make them stay or make them leave even before they enter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
Im thinking of Jeep Commander as an option since there is no solid delivery plan from Skoda.
Jeep has named it as Meridian for India, possibly owing to the same model name existing in the form of Mahindra Commander. Yes, it would make the going really tough for Kodiaq once it comes in, especially since it has the 2.0 diesel with a tune of 200 BHP. The TSI only option would start to hurt Skoda.

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 12th February 2022 at 23:27.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2022, 23:58   #245
Senior - BHPian

Saw one white Kodiaq today- looked like it was taken delivery and returning from showroom. Must say it is indeed a very good looking car - it was very upmarket and had good road presence from behind (not Fortuner kind, but more like X3/5). Skoda has done a great job with the car.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2022, 00:46   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
This is the same slaphappy pre sales experience I'm hearing on Skoda off late. A friend who has booked Kodiaq has a similar tale to share. There's something amiss with Skoda's processes surely. Now with Slavia also on the anvil, Skoda really needs to pull up the socks on the buying experience as there are many first time Skoda buyers who are contemplating cars like Kushaq and Slavia. The first impression they create, good or bad, would make them stay or make them leave even before they enter.

Jeep has named it as Meridian for India, possibly owing to the same model name existing in the form of Mahindra Commander. Yes, it would make the going really tough for Kodiaq once it comes in, especially since it has the 2.0 diesel with a tune of 200 BHP. The TSI only option would start to hurt Skoda.
Well said. The SkodaVW group needs to pull up their socks with delivery schedules quickly.
There is heavy competition on the horizon with Meridian and the Tucson coming in soon. Need to convert bookings to invoicing quickly if not they will be back to chasing customers with heavy discounts again.
Old 13th February 2022, 12:21   #247
BHPian

I will give Skoda the benefit of doubt and say they probably are doing everything possible. That said, it would certainly help if they keep an open and transparent communication with the customers who have made the bookings informing where they stand in the queue and updating on the delivery program.

Seems like it has been left to the SA to manage the customers. My SA, for example, is always available to discuss but never gives any commitment on delivery, which in my view is the right thing to do. Other SAs may have different approach to dealing with customers.
BalaSNKL is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2022, 15:05   #248
BHPian

Same case in Pune. The following week's delivery promise (mid-Feb) is gone for a toss, with tentative delivery now in march. The dealer has taken full payment for the car. Skoda's infamous reputation is returning on the flagship product that too before delivery of the vehicle.
Old 13th February 2022, 15:50   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalaSNKL View Post
I will give Skoda the benefit of doubt and say they probably are doing everything possible.
This is a good approach to have as a buyer and much needed in these times. There is no point in spoiling the car buying experience by saying all sorts of things to either manufacturers, SAs or dealerships. Almost all car manufacturers are facing this issue and especially for the models that are in high demand. Going by the other forums, Kodiaq is in high demand in almost all markets where it sells.

There is no denying that it is hard to wait but there is no other choice. If it was possible , we know that everyone from SA to dealers to Skoda would love to sell as many kodiaq as possible and as soon as they can. Its their business and its what they want to do.

I saw the other day one bhpian posting that he waited for 13 months to get his Thar. That's some patience.
hondafanboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2022, 17:00   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
tentative delivery now in march. The dealer has taken full payment for the car.
Why would you have to make full payment if the car has not been allocated, invoiced and it's ready for registration. That's surprising.
motorhead5 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2022, 19:29   #251
BHPian

I have been really keen to check out the Kodiaq and the Superb as a replacement for my 4th Generation Honda City. After multiple requests for test drives for both cars, Mody Skoda (Andheri) called. The SA expressed regret that they cannot bring both the cars home so I decided to take my family to the showroom and check out both cars. Superb is my favourite but Kodiaq is a more practical choice so was keen to check out both on the same day (Saturday, 12th Feb was fixed with the SA). SA called me on Friday informing that Kodiaq has been taken to their workshop and wont be available for a test drive for now given its sold out and Skoda has asked them to take the car out of the showroom. Really shocked to hear this narrative. SA did promise to call me in March if the car is available for a test drive. Wanted to know if any of you have come across such a narrative. I am not looking to but the car right away but want to make up my mind so that I can move fast if and when a good deal comes my way. This also left me wondering Skoda’s strategy with Kodiaq - was the car launched only to push Kushaq or was this incident just specific to this dealer.
Shreyas Aterkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2022, 21:15   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
Why would you have to make full payment if the car has not been allocated, invoiced and it's ready for registration. That's surprising.
Because the dealer lied and told that VIN number is on the way and will be given in 24 hours along with the registration. As mentioned earlier, not a good experience from Garve Skoda Pune. Planning to raise complaints with Skoda.
hrishig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2022, 21:29   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Because the dealer lied and told that VIN number is on the way and will be given in 24 hours along with the registration. As mentioned earlier, not a good experience from Garve Skoda Pune. Planning to raise complaints with Skoda.
This is operated like a grey market. If i was in your place, would ask dealer to hold the booking amount and return rest of the money immediately.

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 13th February 2022 at 21:33.
Old 13th February 2022, 21:52   #254
BHPian

Quote:
I think you should escalate it and that will accelerate the delivery process. Another great example of how Skoda is mishandling kodiaq launch
Old 13th February 2022, 22:10   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar View Post
I have been really keen to check out the Kodiaq and the Superb as a replacement for my 4th Generation Honda City. After multiple requests for test drives for both cars, Mody Skoda (Andheri) called. The SA expressed regret that they cannot bring both the cars home so I decided to take my family to the showroom and check out both cars. Superb is my favourite but Kodiaq is a more practical choice so was keen to check out both on the same day (Saturday, 12th Feb was fixed with the SA). SA called me on Friday informing that Kodiaq has been taken to their workshop and wont be available for a test drive for now given its sold out and Skoda has asked them to take the car out of the showroom. Really shocked to hear this narrative. SA did promise to call me in March if the car is available for a test drive. Wanted to know if any of you have come across such a narrative. I am not looking to but the car right away but want to make up my mind so that I can move fast if and when a good deal comes my way. This also left me wondering Skoda’s strategy with Kodiaq - was the car launched only to push Kushaq or was this incident just specific to this dealer.
I had a similar experience. The Car is gone from the showroom and staff attitude is like don't even try showing up here till next year.
niv26 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed