Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2022, 13:40   #286
BHPian

Skoda Kodiaq Delivery Delays

Hi All,

Calling fellow BHP'ians who have booked the new Skoda Kodiaq.

I have booked on the day of launch but still no information on when i will get the delivery. All mails to the dealership and even Skoda have gone unanswered. This is my first purchase with them and now i am beginning to wonder if this was a good idea.

Folks- please do share your experience thus far. Advise how to deal with these people.

Thanks!
Ash
Old 21st February 2022, 13:49   #287
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Still no update on my booking made on 12th January. I was hoping for atleast a rough timeline by now but it is the same old story. I was sent a gift hamper in the middle by them which was a nice touch but would rather have followups to be honest.
Old 21st February 2022, 14:52   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidpak View Post
Congratulations on the new ride,
Wish you many miles of happy ownership,

Do you think the accessories kit sold with the car is useful or will one be better off buying accessories like 3D Mats, Body Cover etc from the market ?

Thanks man. Skoda accessories are good quality. All weather mats they have feels premium quality, have the raised edges (3D) and tucks in very nicely. Also the body cover is made of good quality. 18k for the accessory is a very good deal - considering you also get mud flaps and other knick-knacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalaSNKL View Post
Doesn't seem to be an issue if we choose the film wisely and the installation is done properly.
I did check on this and good quality ones will cost whooping 1.5lacs I made the decision based on my 6yr old Vento which still looks pristine without it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
OT:

I believe that is Surya Kumar Yadav’s latest possession.
Yes! very impressed with how much you know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartavya View Post
Still no update on my booking made on 12th January.
I was sent a gift hamper in the middle by them which was a nice touch .
Have you book the L&K? That gift hamper indeed a nice touch - what was in it by the way?
Jangra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 15:00   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangra View Post

Have you book the L&K? That gift hamper indeed a nice touch - what was in it by the way?
Congrats on the car !
Yup, had booked the L&K (Lava Blue) on January 12th. The hamper just had some snacks and chocolates, but still was a nice touch. I do like the look of the Sportline more, but went for L&K due to the feature gap. At this rate I don't mind picking the Sportline, if that means an earlier delivery, but wasn't offered anything like that.
Old 21st February 2022, 20:25   #290
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kodiaq Delivery Delays

Quote:
Originally Posted by @PetrolheadASH View Post
Hi All,

Calling fellow BHP'ians who have booked the new Skoda Kodiaq.

I have booked on the day of launch but still no information on when i will get the delivery. All mails to the dealership and even Skoda have gone unanswered. This is my first purchase with them and now i am beginning to wonder if this was a good idea.

Folks- please do share your experience thus far. Advise how to deal with these people.

Thanks!
Ash
I booked my car in December’21 before launch and after numerous follow-ups, got an indicative delivery of Feb end / March beginning. I raised tickets with Skoda customer care and got these updates - before that no response from dealers. I booked L&K Lava Blue - was offered White L&K or white sport line for early delivery but I wanted Blue. My understanding from Skoda CC is that the batch of Blue L&K production is delayed and hence the delay in deliveries.

I did not get any gifts though!
Old 21st February 2022, 20:30   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,
Thanks!
Ash
Booked an L&K Lava Blue on 7th Jan but received the confirmation email only on 10th Jan and there is no mention of booking date in the email. The dealer Raja Skoda is tight lipped, what irks me more is the fact that the dealer didn't even acknowledge the email I sent politely requesting for an update. I suspect Skoda may have instructed the dealers not to say anything about delivery schedules to customers.

I so badly want to jump ship if another suitable car comes along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk1972 View Post
I booked my car in December’21 before launch and after numerous follow-ups, got an indicative delivery of Feb end / March beginning. I raised tickets with Skoda customer care and got these updates - before that no response from dealers. I booked L&K Lava Blue - was offered White L&K or white sport line for early delivery but I wanted Blue. My understanding from Skoda CC is that the batch of Blue L&K production is delayed and hence the delay in deliveries.

I didn't get any gifts either. I even offered to take L&K in any available color as I am not too particular about color choices except silver which I don't like. But it has been a one way communication so far. It's like running behind a girl who doesn't give a damn about you. Sorry for the analogy, but that's how I feel after booking the Kodiaq.

Last edited by novice : 21st February 2022 at 20:47.
novice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 21:22   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by novice View Post
Booked an L&K Lava Blue on 7th Jan but received the confirmation email only on 10th Jan and there is no mention of booking date in the email. The dealer Raja Skoda is tight lipped, what irks me more is the fact that the dealer didn't even acknowledge the email I sent politely requesting for an update. I suspect Skoda may have instructed the dealers not to say anything about delivery schedules to customers.

I so badly want to jump ship if another suitable car comes along.

I didn't get any gifts either. I even offered to take L&K in any available color as I am not too particular about color choices except silver which I don't like. But it has been a one way communication so far. It's like running behind a girl who doesn't give a damn about you. Sorry for the analogy, but that's how I feel after booking the Kodiaq.
This is a poor way to manage your brand and customers. It’s supposed to be a flagship product. At the very least there must be to and fro communication. It’s understandable that they may not have updates but should at least talk to customers. I noticed a distinct change in the behavior of the dealer I was talking to when the car was about to be launched and just 1 day after that. It was a complete 360 degree change in behavior. Arrival of other competing products might change this hopefully
Old 21st February 2022, 21:31   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk1972 View Post

Same story with the exact same timelines from pune as well. No gift hamper, just daily false promises since the last few weeks. Today I got the VIN number so hoping for delivery before Feb end.

Planning to exclude the kit from the dealer and add 7d mats + PPF after delivery.

https://llumar.com/na/en/automotive/...on-film/valor/
Old 21st February 2022, 21:37   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Similar situation - no response from the dealer or Skoda. They have a standard reply for emails/calls - "Sir, the minimum waiting is 4-5 months. We will update you if we get any more info".

If the Jeep Meridian launches in a month or two I might consider it and cancel my Kodiaq booking. Jeep can put a serious dent on Kodiaq sales if they price it well and plan their supply better than Skoda.
Old 21st February 2022, 21:43   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
Same story with the exact same timelines from pune as well. No gift hamper, just daily false promises since the last few weeks. Today I got the VIN number so hoping for delivery before Feb end.

Planning to exclude the kit from the dealer and add 7d mats + PPF after delivery.

https://llumar.com/na/en/automotive/...on-film/valor/
Congrats hrishig and all the best. Couple of questions:
1. What's your variant and color?
2. Are you going for Valor?

Thanks and cheers
Old 21st February 2022, 21:52   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalaSNKL View Post
Congrats hrishig and all the best. Couple of questions:
1. What's your variant and color?
2. Are you going for Valor?

Thanks and cheers
1) Lava Blue, L&K

2) Yes planning for fully body Valor except for the roof
hrishig is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 10:13   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
1) Lava Blue, L&K

2) Yes planning for fully body Valor except for the roof
Quick question ..

What is the expected cost of getting the full body Valor film done
Old 22nd February 2022, 12:01   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidpak View Post
Quick question ..

What is the expected cost of getting the full body Valor film done
As per quotation I had taken it will be 1.8- 2.0 lacs for A4
around Rs 780/sqft

However I don't think Price deviation is much for different size of vehicle as the wastage is less for bigger vehicles.

Last edited by goenkakushal : 22nd February 2022 at 12:03.
goenkakushal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 12:47   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goenkakushal View Post
As per quotation I had taken it will be 1.8- 2.0 lacs for A4
around Rs 780/sqft

However I don't think Price deviation is much for different size of vehicle as the wastage is less for bigger vehicles.
That is very expensive - How long will this last on the car in Indian conditions? If we have to take it off after 5-6 years, we are preserving the color & shine for the second owner
pk1972 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 13:22   #300
BHPian

I did not get a gift hamper either rather I almost got into an arguement with the owner of the dealership. The owner being the dealer principal, as advised by the sales staff, the dealer principal has all the information regarding the Kodiaq as it is a flagship product.

The dealer principal was more interested in knowing who gave me his number rather than solving my query. In his rude demanour he did say that February end or March 1st week is the time when he'll get to know about allocations.

This has been the most disappointing booking process for me till now and I have purchased cars from Maruti, Fiat, Mahindra, Honda, Skoda (2008), Toyota, Ford, Audi.
For the lack of a better option, otherwise I would have taken a refund the same day. I have stopped calling them now, will wait for sometime before taking a final call.

Most Viewed