Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2022, 15:33   #346
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

I escalated to Skoda India and got a call from my dealer stating that they will be able to deliver the car to me only sometime next year. In January 2023, they will get new allocation and will be give me a tentative delivery timeline !!

My booking date was January 12.

Have asked for cancellation and refund of the booking amount..

Last edited by skydiver : 1st March 2022 at 15:34.
Old 1st March 2022, 16:04   #347
BHPian

Wow skoda. I am on the same path and its a hopeless one. Good that they stopped taking new bookings. That seems to be the only damage control that they managed to do!
Old 1st March 2022, 16:19   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by novice View Post
They didn't answer my email and the sales advisor who handled my booking didn't even answer my call. I didn't pester them at all. I sent a polite email asking for an update, waited for two weeks and then called the SA. But they replied the next day after I spoke to Skoda.
Try the same SA for an Octavia or Superb... He will be behind you like a puppy :-). While its impolite of them to not acknowledge your query, these guys care for issues that only make or loose money for them. Any sales person would. For the Kodiaq, there is more demand than supply and so it doesn't make them any fancy commission for booking or loose one for loss of booking. I guess its nothing personal. Infact they will be more eager to push the Slavia at this point than any other car as both Superb and Octavia are assembled on order beyond certain threshold. I have PMd you the SA who I have interacted with for Superb/Octavia @ Raja and Tafe. Both have been very patient and polite so far. The TAFE reference is from fellow BHPian Vid.

Last edited by SR-71 : 1st March 2022 at 16:24.
SR-71 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 09:02   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydiver View Post
I escalated to Skoda India and got a call from my dealer stating that they will be able to deliver the car to me only sometime next year. In January 2023, they will get new allocation and will be give me a tentative delivery timeline !!

Could you please let us know the dealer? We have booked one end of Jan with Tafe in JP Nagar and are clueless on the date! In fact we have not even received a confirmation call from Skoda's side although the dealership says it is confirmed!
Old 2nd March 2022, 11:53   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
I have PMd you the SA who I have interacted with for Superb/Octavia @ Raja and Tafe. Both have been very patient and polite so far. The TAFE reference is from fellow BHPian Vid.
Would it be possible to share the contact please?
We are thinking on whether to change the booking to Superb, but still not sure!

Any disadvantages on going with Superb other than the ground clearance and additional 2 child seats at the back?
Old 2nd March 2022, 13:14   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-o-holic View Post
Any disadvantages on going with Superb other than the ground clearance and additional 2 child seats at the back?
If you are good to have a sedan instead of a crossover / soft SUV and the +2 seats are not very important, anyday superb is an excellent choice - quite value for money, more colour options and looks great too .

I don't think you would miss anything significant esp with the money left with you.
motorhead5 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 13:48   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
You need to press and hold. Did you try that?. See it all here - https://Youtu.be/deeFt1ByvwI

On usb, I had a similar issue with Ford once which got solved through reformatting. There were many links I could find in Google that time, which I followed
Yes the video helped. Thank you. Still figuring out the USB issue. On another note got around 11 kmpl for city + highway in 450 km drive. Highway drive was in sports mode.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-kodiaq_fuel.jpeg  

hrishig is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 14:05   #353
BHPian

Quote:
If you are good to have a sedan instead of a crossover / soft SUV and the +2 seats are not very important, anyday superb is an excellent choice - quite value for money, more colour options and looks great too .

I don't think you would miss anything significant esp with the money left with you.
I am in the same boat after having placed a request to cancel my Kodiaq booking. Superb would be my choice if both Superb and Kodiaq have same set of features. The only reason I opted for Kodiaq over Superb is it's DCC feature. Superb's suspension is too soft.

Superb is more spacious as a 5 seater, has slightly better performance and better looking but feels spongy to drive.

Last edited by novice : 2nd March 2022 at 14:07.
novice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 16:12   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Superb would be my choice if both Superb and Kodiaq have same set of features. The only reason I opted for Kodiaq over Superb is it's DCC feature. Superb's suspension is too soft.

Superb is more spacious as a 5 seater, has slightly better performance and better looking but feels spongy to drive.
When you say the suspension is soft, did you find any issues with handling?. As far as I remember, Superb's handling and ride were quite good. The only issue that i had was the relatively low seating because of which I decided against sedans altogether
Old 2nd March 2022, 17:05   #355
BHPian

Quote:
When you say the suspension is soft, did you find any issues with handling?. As far as I remember, Superb's handling and ride were quite good. The only issue that i had was the relatively low seating because of which I decided against sedans altogether
Have you tried the Jeep compass? How does it fare against the Kodiaq's drive?
Old 2nd March 2022, 17:25   #356
BHPian

Quote:
I am in the same boat after having placed a request to cancel my Kodiaq booking. Superb would be my choice if both Superb and Kodiaq have same set of features. The only reason I opted for Kodiaq over Superb is it's DCC feature. Superb's suspension is too soft.

I would also opt for the superb provided I get a sweetener to the deal added rather than the lengthy wait.
Old 2nd March 2022, 18:50   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Could you please let us know the dealer? We have booked one end of Jan with Tafe in JP Nagar and are clueless on the date! In fact we have not even received a confirmation call from Skoda's side although the dealership says it is confirmed!
Raja Skoda in my case.
skydiver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 19:51   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Have you tried the Jeep compass? How does it fare against the Kodiaq's drive?
Compass (170bhp, diesel) - Performance was good. But the new Kodiaq is a step above with 187bhp and Kodiaq's DSG transmission is certainly better. Compass lacks space, especially back seat. Ride and handling too were good. Overall it's a good package. kodiaq is certainly a level up. But price is also not comparable.

Check the team-bhp review of both. Its quite detailed.
motorhead5 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2022, 20:29   #359
AKB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydiver View Post

This is not good behavior on part of Skoda and needs to be called out. I had also booked on 12th Jan and fear that I will have same fate

That said, it pains me that our taxes and regulatory structure forces us to be at the receiving end of auto manufactures for cars which are good but not great.
Old 2nd March 2022, 23:02   #360
BHPian

Booked Lava Blue on 4th Jan, which got Skoda verified on 6th Jan. I dropped in at Mody Skoda Worli yesterday afternoon for an update. There is now delivery visibility, but it will be happening in trickle (1-2-3 a month). So, I should get mine in May. Could be sooner if there are more deliveries or someone ahead of me in the list cancels.

Expectation is that I should get the launch price, but that needs to be confirmed. While I may be willing to wait, the additional cost may just be tipping point pushing me into exploring options.

Finally, dealer experience and interactions with SA & Manager have been good. I have no complaints.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks