Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2023, 22:26   #1096
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainboy1213 View Post
Finally got the black beauty home last weekend. Had to make a long highway trip just a day after the taking the delivery and took all precautions recommended by this wonderful community.
I was surprised to see the mileage . Will be super happy if even half of it maintains in Delhi traffic.

Its great. But its very hard, not getting tempt to floor the metal.

Honestly speaking, driving sedatly often gives me a good sedation. Hence I don't recommend it for myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangra View Post
I suggest get something like this. Adjust your lumbar and seat height based on your comfort rather than the armrest reach.
Secondly, don’t try for the lumbar support adjust your lower back, key is to first push the support all the way back, adjust your seat height and recline to your best comfort and then adjust the lumbar, stop as soon as you feel it.

I got it by your recommendation. Arm rest is good.
I prefer to have lumbar support otherwise.
Old 15th April 2023, 11:05   #1097
BHPian

Hello All,

My vehicle (L&K) has been allocated and ready for billing/ delivery. I am told its a 23 Manufactured vehicle and BS6.2 complaint. How do I ensure/ verify the same?

I am doing a PDI at the dealer yard today in Chennai to ensure if everything is in order. I will run a VIN check today as well.

Thanks!
vjbox is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th April 2023, 15:38   #1098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjbox View Post
Hello All,

I am told its a 23 Manufactured vehicle and BS6.2 complaint. How do I ensure/ verify the same?

Thanks!
When you enter the VIN on My Škoda App, you will see OBD2 written next to the name.
mountainboy1213 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2023, 16:45   #1099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainboy1213 View Post
When you enter the VIN on My Škoda App, you will see OBD2 written next to the name.
Got it Thanks man! Went to the yard, had a look at the vehicle. The VIN and the manufacturing info was verified and it says OBD2.

Manufacturing month is Feb 23 and Odo stood at 8.8 kms.

New addition was the door edge protectors which further concluded it is the latest iteration. Picking it up next week.
vjbox is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2023, 18:25   #1100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Own neither a Kodiaq or an A4, but I can safely say that Audi quality totally blows Skoda away, and especially with the A4.

There is simply no comparison, trust me!
Precisely. Skoda is VW lite. VW is Audi lite.

Have historically often read on T-Bhp comparsions being made for the Octavia/Superb as being some 80-90% of the C-Class/A4 etc. for 2/3rds the price. Then in the recent past after having extensively actually driven aforementioned vehicles, No it is not.
Maky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 15:49   #1101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun_to_drive View Post
But i doubt even ECU remap would improve it as the behavior is similar even in sports mode?
I recently got ECU remap done for my Passat. It definitely improves even though the vehicle is sluggish in the slow speed even in sports mode. Sports mode just holds on to the gear, delaying up-shift, giving higher torque. ECU remap on the other hand changes the software program that decides on how to respond to the throttle, say how much air/fuel should be allowed to burn quickly, etc. That's why remap just doesn't bring higher torque in lower RPMs but also increases the engine's overall max torque and BHP and at the same time increases the fuel efficiency. I have been recommended for a TCU remap as well, which I am planning to do in next few months.
MageshSai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 19:28   #1102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjbox View Post
Got it Thanks man! Went to the yard, had a look at the vehicle. The VIN and the manufacturing info was verified and it says OBD2.

Manufacturing month is Feb 23 and Odo stood at 8.8 kms.
Is it E20 compliant?

Was there an E20 sticker on the inner part of fuel lid?
Old 18th April 2023, 04:14   #1103

[*]The relatively slow start. I think I can live with it[*]The suspension noise - here is where I request fellow members to share their experience[*]Some parts did not give a really quality feel. May be this is a compromise that I make for getting otherwise a great package.

I may be able to help you out a bit here. I've had Bejorn (my Kodiaq L&K) since January 2019 and I've put around 60,000 kms on the odometer. Despite my occasional annoyance about the fact that equally capable and cheaper SUVs released a year or so later from other brands, I do not really regret my decision to buy from Skoda. I also considered Volkswagen, BMW, Audi, Mercedes and Jaguar when I was evaluating vehicles. The Kodiaq was the first car I saw and was immediately struck by it. I still ended up doing a month's worth of research on other brands before finally coming back to the Kodiaq. It offered the best list of features for the best price and the sales person at Skoda was very attentive and understanding, bringing the test drive vehicle for me thrice, including a long drive to the airport which turned into essentially a taxi service for picking up my sister from her flight home from London (she drove on the way back and despite her exhaustion from the flight, she found it a very comfortable drive back which sealed the deal).

I drive on economy mode always. I have never felt the need for Sports mode, though I have shifted to it three or four times over the years. I get a fuel efficiency of between 10-12 kmpl in the city and I get around 17 kmpl and sometimes higher on the highway because I like to cruise at 80 kms per hour with the windows down. With the AC on at 80 kms per hour, I generally get 16-17 kmpl. The highest I've ever gotten on a highway drive is 21 kmpl which boggled my mind, but I haven't got that figure back yet though I've gotten close with 19 kmpl and 20 kmpl on separate rides.

I do the Hyderabad - Bangalore route often. It's a very smooth ride. Bejorn glides over the road and it feels very much like I'm flying again. I've also done a bit of off-roading and it still feels like a plush ride though it also feels like I'm on the high seas because the entire cabin bounces from side to side over giant holes. It's not unpleasant, in fact it feels like a roller coaster ride at a high end theme park. I don't get any sound from the suspension except a creaking when the car tilts way too much to one side or the other.

About the slow start... I haven't felt that either, but then I always drive sedately. Honestly, there isn't any space to zoom around in traffic anyway. And on the highway, it does feel a bit like a tank barreling down (a frightening experience when you're standing in front of one bearing down at you) but the brakes are superb and it stops on a dime. I have never regretted buying the Kodiaq for its ride quality. In Sports mode, Bejorn rears up from a standing start as if he's been kicked in the backside by a determined donkey. If you're concerned about a slow start, you could always stick to Sports mode.

Bejorn has been through a lot. A building under construction dropped a boat load of cement and gravel onto him from the fourth storey necessitating a replacement of the windshield, sun roof, bonnet, side view mirrors etc. Spent a month at the workshop then. Another time, the road collapsed under him while stopped and dropped him sideways onto a metal post bending the passenger side door inwards and requiring a door replacement. That unit still hasn't been sealed properly and leaks water inside. It also feels a bit rattly sometimes. After 60k kilometres, Bejorn feels like a scarred warrior: bashed on, but bashing on regardless. The suspension does feel a teeny weeny bit off to me now. I feel as if I'm paying more attention to it when I drive and I do tend to take speed breakers more carefully now. Although the service advisers claim there's nothing wrong with the suspension, I'm probably going to ask them to open it up and check it thoroughly sometime this year. I have hit the tiny mountain ranges they call speed breakers on the Bangalore highway at high speed a couple of times when I forgot they were there, so that might account for the suspension issues.

Which parts did you feel did not give you a quality feel? The AC vent pegs are quite flimsy and break easily. I've had mine broken twice by inattentive cleaners. Costs around 9k to replace because they always replace the entire unit instead of just the peg. The maps provided are quite useful when they're new. Android Auto works on the main screen, but sometimes it doesn't detect the phone when it's connected. I usually use the inbuilt maps and Google Maps on my phone stuck to my windshield and split the difference while driving. Google Maps is extremely stupid and persists in believing that the tank I'm driving is actually a scooty and can go through the narrow gullies it proposes as a default setting. The car's on board maps most often offer a better suited route.

Oh, and as an additional note - the door protectors have been standard since 2018, I think. Impressive idea. Although I've never banged my door into another car, I've definitely had other cars bash their doors into mine. In retrospect I might have preferred a crash guard like motorcycles have or super powered death lasers on the doors to protect Bejorn from the carelessness of others.

In short, I would certainly recommend the Kodiaq. It's a beautifully made car. If you treat it with love, it will respond to that love and you will never have cause for complaint. Although the new hybrids might give you heartburn for their fuel efficiency figures. Even my bike is jealous!
Ursus is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th April 2023, 09:06   #1104
BHPian

So here we are, the Skoda website mentioning Kushaq & Slavia are now officially E20 compatible.

Can't find same for Kodiaq yet.

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-screenshot_20230418_090259_brave.jpg
SilverSmoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2023, 09:55   #1105
BHPian

Few questions of Skoda Warranties:-

Does the warranty on Skoda Vehicles go off if the following activites are done from 3rd parties :-

1) You add a 3M sunfilm on front/rear & window glasses & sunroof.
2) You add a dash cam by plugging it to the USB Port
3) You add a dash cam by hard cutting the wires with proper joints.

Any possible way to get the above done and still have warranties valid?
Old 18th April 2023, 10:13   #1106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurups View Post
1) You add a 3M sunfilm on front/rear & window glasses & sunroof.
2) You add a dash cam by plugging it to the USB Port
3) You add a dash cam by hard cutting the wires with proper joints.

I have done the 2nd one - it doesn't voids warranty or the insurance.

Dash cam was thoroughly inspected by the workshop technicians when Avalanche underwent repairs - was removed & handed over to myself - to install it later on.

I don't think 1st one will void, but 3rd one definitely will.
SilverSmoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2023, 22:55   #1107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun_to_drive View Post
  • You get adjusted to the driving behavior of the car, sports mode and paddles do come in handy.
  • There is no suspension noise as such that i 've heard. There are a few thuds that you feel at times. But they are rarely jarring or too uncomfortable. There is some sophistication about those as well, you know its like how rich people sneeze .
  • Yeah the quality on a few knobs could've been better but I've kept the headlights on auto from day 1 for the past 5 months and have rarely tinkered with it.
Thanks! Regarding the driving behavior, you are right (also mentioned by a few other members) that one will get adjusted to it. Feedback on suspension noise is comforting - may be I thought too much. I also thought the same way about the knob, once you set the light on auto, no need to touch the knob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
[i]
I may be able to help you out a bit here. I've had Bejorn (my Kodiaq L&K) since January 2019 and I've put around 60,000 kms on the odometer. Despite my occasional annoyance about the fact that equally capable and cheaper SUVs released a year or so later from other brands, I do not really regret my decision to buy from Skoda.

In short, I would certainly recommend the Kodiaq. It's a beautifully made car. If you treat it with love, it will respond to that love and you will never have cause for complaint. Although the new hybrids might give you heartburn for their fuel efficiency figures. Even my bike is jealous!
Thanks for your feedback. Good to hear positive things about a car you are going to buy . Yours must be 2.0 TDI and hence the great fuel consumption figures. In the 2022 avatar, with only 2.0 TSI engine, the car will be a fuel guzzler especially in Mumbai traffic - hope on long drives I get figures as quoted by fellow members in some of the earlier posts. Another difference between the 2018 Kodiaq and 2022 one is that some of the clever features have been dropped (magnetic boot lamp, 1 blanket, 1 umbrellas, felt lining in the small cubby near the light switch, door pad lights etc.) in the 2022 facelift but it still is a good & compelling package. May be thats why dispatches for Kodiaq in March were in 4xx as compared to 1xx in earlier months - underlining the demand for the car may probably.

Last edited by Shreyas Aterkar : 18th April 2023 at 22:58.
Old 19th April 2023, 07:36   #1108
BHPian

I took delivery of my Lava Blue L&K Kodiaq on Feb 15 and enjoying the honeymoon period. I bought a 70mai Dashcam from Amazon and got the wire routing done at the Skoda dealership. However, I now realise the 12V cigarette lighter socket to which I connected the Dashcam for power remains always powered even when the vehicle is turned off and locked. While I have set my dash can to turn off after 5 mins of vehicle coming to standstill to avoid running my battery flat, I have to unplug the 12V USB adapter and replug it to turn on the dash cam again ( which I obviously forget to do most times I start the car for the next trip). Does anyone know if I can use a USB A to USB C adaptor and plug to one of the USB C ports in the car so that the dash can will automatically turn off when I switch off the vehicle and turn in automatically when I start the car? Will the USB ports support enough current to power the dashcam, or will it cause any damage to the infotainment system?
Old Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2023, 09:50   #1109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
I took delivery of my Lava Blue L&K Kodiaq on Feb 15 and enjoying the honeymoon period.
Congratulations and wish you many happy miles.

Even though it looks like the 12v cig lighter is always on, it has an intelligent processor that shuts off the power supply below a certain battery voltage. So even if you forget to unplug your dash cam at the end of the day, it won’t drain your battery.
I have the same Dashcam and use it the same way as you, how every time I start my ride in the morning, I have to unplug and plug the dashcam back for it to work. I have not tried the USB c to A converter.
Jangra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2023, 12:37   #1110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Does anyone know if I can use a USB A to USB C adaptor and plug to one of the USB C ports in the car so that the dash can will automatically turn off when I switch off the vehicle and turn in automatically when I start the car? Will the USB ports support enough current to power the dashcam, or will it cause any damage to the infotainment system?
I heard from the dealership that the cigarette lighter might be powered on even after you switch off the car, but the USB ports will get powered off as soon as you switch off the car. This will have to be verified. It's contradicting from the above members comment tooo, so needs to be tested.
kurups is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks