Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2023, 23:42   #1186

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Thank You, Jangra, Old Dude & Vjbox, For your inputs. I too love the Lava blue but am concerned about the the time I need to spend for the up-keep. Had somewhat similar experience with my black Scorpio earlier. Hence considering Grey.
Old 22nd May 2023, 15:42   #1187
BHPian

While 360 cam is thought to be a boon, i feel its grossly inaccurate and is tilted heavily towards the caution side.

Below is a pic where the CAM shows that the bumper is touching the pavement.

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-360-cam.jpeg

But this was inaccurate by almost two feet, which is actually huge a difference considering we live in a country where we need to do tight maneuvering.

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-actual.jpeg

On the topic of which color to go for Kodiaq , I feel it looks the best in Lava Blue. The only other color I would choose is Midnight black. Its a beautiful bold car which stands out in bold colors.

Last edited by manson : 24th May 2023 at 02:25. Reason: Typo.
Fun_to_drive is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 01:33   #1188
BHPian

First Service & Headlight Saga:

Got first service done at 12K KMs. As expected, car feels lighter & more responsive. The pending battery job was done as told beforehand.

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20230521_121304.jpg

Insurance was asked by me to be renewed with GoDigit only as these guys cooperated much during previous repair, but was kind of forced to take Oriental or Tata, hence renewed myself directly with GoDigit even though Oriental / Tata quotes were quite less - as I lost no claim bonus for subsequent premiums.

Now comes the headlight part, after the repairs completed in March, left one I feel is the defective one which needs to be replaced under warranty.
The low beam is OK but high beam is permanently going north - resulting in a black patch on road - highly risky in highway driving.

Complaint to Brite Skoda for this, for not being corrected during service - they promptly sent a technician to my home 70 KMs away to check out the persistent issue. But all he could do is to reposition beams using two yellow screws, superior one moves both high & low beams north & south while inferior one moves east & west, which was tried already.

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-screenshot_20230524_010122_gallery.jpg

He tried a lot in my presence - high beams looked OK in garage for distance of 15 feet but as drove during night - beams were found seeking heaven at distances 20 feet & beyond.

Attaching screens from dashcam - a non illuminated black patch is clearly visible. And in some rear of the trucks are illuminated at a height but road isn't.

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-screenshot_20230521_152535_youtube.jpg

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-screenshot_20230521_152508_youtube.jpg

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-screenshot_20230521_152437_youtube.jpg

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-screenshot_20230521_152410_youtube.jpg

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-screenshot_20230521_152332_youtube.jpg

As workshop timings aren't after dark, high beam defect is lacking proper assessment - it needs a proper night time drive. I find the headlamps of Kodiaq amongst best during night time drives, let's see when & how this issue gets resolved.
SilverSmoke is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th May 2023, 13:10   #1189
BHPian

A specific request related to the fitting of the dashcam to skoda kodiaq.
- I need a reliable contact in Bangalore who can fit the dashcam (procured from nexdigitron ddpai z50) - front and rear. Any reference is appreciated.
- Another observation is that the USB-C ports do not get any power post ignition off in the vehicle whereas the 12V stuff gets power after ignition off. I plan to get a converter to hook up the dashcam to USB-C. Am I missing anything here?
Old 26th May 2023, 01:24   #1190
BHPian

I got my dash cam (70mai procured through Amazon) at Raja Skoda on Marathahalli Outer Ring Road. There is a person ( I think his name is Sridhar), who does the accessories fitment for the Raja Skoda showroom. DM me for contact details of my sales advisor there and Incan ask him to arrange a slot with Mr. Sridhar, if you didn’t purchase through Raja Skoda - you make a direct payment to the installer. I chose to go with the dealership installer, hoping they will be more knowledgeable to remove and refit the interior trim panels without breaking any clips or inducing any rattles and he did a good job. However, as the cigarette lighter stays powered on after vehicle switch off, I was planning to experiment with the USB port and have ordered a USB C to USB adapter, fingers crossed.
Old Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 10:59   #1191
BHPian

I also got the vehicle from Raja skoda in May 2023. On the day of delivery, I do not recall the name of the person who was trying to fit however the way he was pulling out the pillar trims without any tool was disheartening. I had second thoughts post that. I would love use your referral and get it installed. May I know if you had both front and rear cams installed with the help of the showroom person?

I cannot send a DM using private messages yet. Do send me the details from your side.

Last edited by freebear : 26th May 2023 at 11:15. Reason: new information on DM added
Old 26th May 2023, 11:50   #1192
BHPian

Better to get it installed from the Skoda Service center as there will be an airbag error that will pop up on your car after the dash cam installation. This is because the side pillar covers will have to be removed to take the wires to the rear camera location. Removal of these covers are sensed by the sensors and the airbag error pops up (not that there are any issues with the airbags as such), but removal of these covers gets sensed and and this can be reset by the service center guys only.
Old 26th May 2023, 12:37   #1193
BHPian

I did ask for a service person contact to install it, however, all I got was the accessories person contact.
Old 26th May 2023, 18:49   #1194
BHPian

This is the location of Raja Skoda service centre at Bangalore - https://g.co/kgs/E6hvqz. You can call them and make a visit.
kurups is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2023, 10:24   #1195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
I got my dash cam (70mai procured through Amazon) at Raja Skoda on Marathahalli Outer Ring Road. There is a person ( I think his name is Sridhar), who does the accessories fitment for the Raja Skoda showroom. DM me for contact details of my sales advisor there and Incan ask him to arrange a slot with Mr. Sridhar, if you didn’t purchase through Raja Skoda - you make a direct payment to the installer. I chose to go with the dealership installer, hoping they will be more knowledgeable to remove and refit the interior trim panels without breaking any clips or inducing any rattles and he did a good job. However, as the cigarette lighter stays powered on after vehicle switch off, I was planning to experiment with the USB port and have ordered a USB C to USB adapter, fingers crossed.
Hi, Old Dude and others in Bangalore

How is Raja Skoda compared with TAFE access in terms of sales as well as service experience? I am in touch with SAs from both and need to finalize one soon. Getting a marginally better offer from Raja Skoda.

Please share your experience

Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 18:28   #1196
BHPian

Reference:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5543531 (2023 Skoda Kodiaq 4x4 launched at Rs 37.99 lakh)

My criteria interms of picking the dealer.

Pre Kodiaq purchase
1. TAFE access - I was in touch with them earlier for octavia however dropped it for various reasons in March 2023. During these negotiations, I was in touch with RAJA Skoda and also PPS Motors.
2. I was not happy with the way a SA was answering on phone from PPS motors. Dropped them for OCTAVIA itself. RAJA skoda SA was helpful however TAFE gave a better deal and followed up better on OCTAVIA at that time.
I came to know about kodiaq avaialability in Hyderabad during an April 2023 visit.

Kodiaq purchase phase
After coming back to Bangalore, visited RAJA Skoda and TAFE acess in person over a weekend. Both promised delivery ASAP based on my information from Hyderabad dealer (MODY). Infact the SA from MODY hyderabad was eager to deliver in Bangalore also.

Same as you, RAJA skoda gave me a better deal than TAFE.
I would say thats not the only reason for me to pick. As someone living Bangalore for a long time, traffic decides some of the decision in bangalorean's life.
1. RAJA Skoda showroom is 9 min drive from my workplace whereas TAFE showroom in st. Mark's road is atleast 45 mins away.
2. RAJA Skoda has service center closer to my workplace/home and also their PDI location is either at showroom or their service center or near nexus shantinikethan. TAFE access has their service or PDI location at kudlu gate.

A common trait between these 2 showrooms, I was following up more on the vehicle rather than they asking.
freebear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2023, 21:31   #1197

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebear View Post
I would say thats not the only reason for me to pick. As someone living Bangalore for a long time, traffic decides some of the decision in bangalorean's life.
1. RAJA Skoda showroom is 9 min drive from my workplace whereas TAFE showroom in st. Mark's road is atleast 45 mins away.
2. RAJA Skoda has service center closer to my workplace/home and also their PDI location is either at showroom or their service center or near nexus shantinikethan. TAFE access has their service or PDI location at kudlu gate.

A common trait between these 2 showrooms, I was following up more on the vehicle rather than they asking.
Thanks.

Completely agree with you on these and true for me too based on work location.

BTW, Did you get your car within the promised time. They are telling me they can get me in 2-3 weeks.

Quote:
Myself and a colleague recently took delivery of our Kodiaqs on the same day - mine in Lava Blue and my colleague’s in Graphite Grey (colours of our respective choice). While colour preference is very personal and subjective (and more friends at work appreciating and going oooh! over the Lava blue more than the graphite grey parked next to each other) I’d like to draw your attention to the maintenance aspect of both colours and how your personality may be better suited towards one over the other. Lava blue definitely takes more TLC over Graphite Grey - period. Even a fine coat of dust shows through, if you have hard water in your area, white deposits will show up on the joint gaps between different panels within first few washes itself, and smudges and smears left by touching all show through easily on the Lava Blue, while these are hardly perceptible on Graphite Grey.
If you are like me, for whom spending time cleaning my car every day is therapeutic and have to be yanked from the garage to home by a very frustrated wife an hour after returning from every trip, the Lava Blue is more rewarding. If you are having the watchman / apartment guy wash your cars daily, go for the graphite grey, which is more forgiving.
Visited Raja Skoda with family Yesterday and got a chance to see Grey and LB side by side. Everyone voted for LB

Last edited by ajmat : 28th May 2023 at 22:49.
Old 30th May 2023, 05:52   #1198
BHPian

I still get appreciative comments from strangers at the gas station or other parking lots on the Lava Blue colour - even from people who ask “which car is this”

Last edited by ampere : 30th May 2023 at 06:59. Reason: Formatted, Removed Non-Forum Emojis.
Old 30th May 2023, 08:58   #1199
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurups View Post
This is the location of Raja Skoda service centre at Bangalore - https://g.co/kgs/E6hvqz. You can call them and make a visit.

I did contact the service centre folks on Monday. I was put through to a front office co-ordinator in RAJA Service centre in Mahadevapura. A couple of points were brought out by him w.r.t dashcam.

1. It's recommended only to install the front dashcam (if absolutely necessary) and push and pull of Pillar trim panels must be expected.
2. Not recommended to power the rear dashcam with any tail lights power etc. He also mentioned long-term rattling noise if the panels are disturbed.

Hoping to establish contact with the Old Dude to get some insight about the installation from the accessories person.
Old 30th May 2023, 12:27   #1200

When I visited Raja Skoda, the sales person recommended 70mai from amazon and mentioned that they installed a few recently.
sahak is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks