Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2023, 10:48   #1231
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Train Reck View Post
Thanks freebear. Do you know if the Form-22 would still claim BS6 only and not BS6 Phase-2?
I checked the RC, Vehicle Norms BHARAT STAGE VI
Old 14th June 2023, 11:22   #1232
BHPian

Was just checking the RC card issued to me from Bangalore. There is neither mention of BS6 -2 nor BS6 for the Kodiaq MY23's RC cards issued in Karnataka. I see lot of people in the forum mentioning the RC card having this info. Is it some Parivaahan website that u are referring to or the RC card itself having this info?
Old 14th June 2023, 15:54   #1233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurups View Post
Was just checking the RC card issued to me from Bangalore. There is neither mention of BS6 -2 nor BS6 for the Kodiaq MY23's RC cards issued in Karnataka. I see lot of people in the forum mentioning the RC card having this info. Is it some Parivaahan website that u are referring to or the RC card itself having this info?
I downloaded the RC particulars online from government of Karnataka RTO portal. I agree with your statement that there is nothing written on RC card as such.
Old 14th June 2023, 22:58   #1234
BHPian

Folks, my Kodiaq is scheduled to be delivered in two days. Looking for some recommendations on accessories for the same.
  • I am not finding anything of value except mud flaps in the accessory kit. The dealer says mud flaps are unavailable without the kit for now. He is willing to order the same but not promising a delivery date. Are mud flaps available outside of the dealership?
  • Mats: Skoda has some sort of 3d mats (not part of the accessory kit), but they are available separately. They have three diff categories here
    a) 3D floor mats b) Tunnel Mat. c) Double-sided boot mat.
    Are these worth buying from Skoda, or do we have better ones available in the aftermarket?
  • Any other recommended accessories for kodiaq???
Old 15th June 2023, 01:16   #1235
BHPian

Panoramic Sunroofs - A Bane in Hot Sun:

In peak summers, with sun shining at its full strength & ambient temperatures crossing 40°C, I felt the car getting cooked up in direct sunlight routinely.

Hence, treated the sunroof to keep unnecessary sun radiations out of the cabin.

I found a space of about 15 to 20 mm between inner fabric & outer glass - decided to put some light material in between.

What stuff can be light enough to rest on fabric with ease & be the among best heat insulators? - Old dear Thermocol.

Went to the stationary, got three sheets of 10 mm thickness.

Fabricated into rear & front parts - coz at the glass junction, there is almost no gap / space to fit in anything.

Secured the borders with tape to prevent Thermocol crumbs falling off here & there - they are highly statically chargeable - difficult to remove once stuck up charged.

In 15 minutes, sunroof insulation was complete.
Will take them off once monsoons hit.

Temperatures are cooler by 2-4°C & AC more chilling
Also, car cabin doesn't cooks up as much when parked in sun.

Rear passengers are happier than the driver!

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20230614_162611.jpg

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20230614_163354.jpg

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20230614_163913.jpg

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20230614_163916.jpg

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20230614_164042.jpg
SilverSmoke is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 16th June 2023, 09:09   #1236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg View Post
Folks, my Kodiaq is scheduled to be delivered in two days. Looking for some recommendations on accessories for the same.
  • I am not finding anything of value except mud flaps in the accessory kit. The dealer says mud flaps are unavailable without the kit for now. He is willing to order the same but not promising a delivery date. Are mud flaps available outside of the dealership?
  • Mats: Skoda has some sort of 3d mats (not part of the accessory kit), but they are available separately. They have three diff categories here
    a) 3D floor mats b) Tunnel Mat. c) Double-sided boot mat.
    Are these worth buying from Skoda, or do we have better ones available in the aftermarket?
  • Any other recommended accessories for kodiaq???
I got the standard accessories as part of the vehicle. Check with your SA whether it's separate or comes with the car. I tried to get 3rd-row mats but the accessories team was clueless and they had to order. Dropped it for now.

All the best with the delivery of your vehicle.
freebear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2023, 09:37   #1237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg View Post
Folks, my Kodiaq is scheduled to be delivered in two days. Looking for some recommendations on accessories for the same. [/list]
I did NOT take the so called "Essential Accessories Kit". Most of the items looked fringe like the Tissue paper, perfume, cushion pillow, wet tissue, microfiber cloth, USB C to A etc which are all available on Amazon/Flipkart to order and Skoda kit is not adding any great value there.

Dual Port USB charger (Cigarette lighter to 2 USB ports connector) - see if u will require this. I initially thought it would be a good addition, but now managing with two USB C to A connectors plugged into the cars C Ports - one for Dash Cam and other for a USB drive for playing songs. A Cigarette lighter to USB ports connector will now add value if you plan to say charge your phones too apart from the two activities already being done. For example you don't plan to play songs through a USB drive, then you can very well manage with the two numbers of USB C to A connectors itself and Cigarette lighter to USB connectors can be avoided. This can still be a useful item if you plan to use a vacuum cleaner or tyre inflator etc.

What I found useful were the Mud flaps & Car cover which I took from the dealer. Mud flaps there is no option, but to take from the dealer only. Even Kodiaq car cover is available on Amazon, but at almost the same price, so suggest take from the dealer itself.

Apart from this what i added were a 70Mai 800A dash cam, which the service center helped fit, took a 3yr ceramic coating package (they repeat a 3H coating every 6 months for 3 years). A 3M CR70 sunfilm coating for heat protection makes life comfortable within the car - can be evaluated & decided as per need and consider the govt regulations on sunfilms which vary from state to state.

Bought a dusting brush from Amazon - the famous - Jopasu Car duster - Brilliant stuff. Without this it would have been a pain to maintain a lava blue Kodiaq.

I am still using the default car floor mats that came with with the Kodiaq (did not take the mats from the essential accessories kit). A bit difficult to clean, but managing with it now.

Waiting for 3D Kagu/Pharaoh car mats availability in India, couldn't find one yet. Any leads on this will be helpful.
kurups is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2023, 10:00   #1238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post

What stuff can be light enough to rest on fabric with ease & be the among best heat insulators? - Old dear Thermocol.
However light the thermocol may feel, after some time the fabric cover can start sagging. Did you consider applying something like V- Kool film on the glass panes?
Old 17th June 2023, 00:13   #1239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
However light the thermocol may feel, after some time the fabric cover can start sagging. Did you consider applying something like V- Kool film on the glass panes?

Yes, I was looking for that.

Also I am checking daily for any mischiefs happening.
Till now its going great.

Today vehicle was parked in direct sunlight from 9 am to 12.30pm. Noted huge difference in cabin cooking - intra cabin fumes also were lot lesser.
Old 17th June 2023, 23:43   #1240
BHPian

Our Avalanche turned one today - 17th June & we celebrated the birthday

These 365 days were awesome, gruelling, bumpy, joyful & very safe.

• Good quality product - in some areas needs improvement.
  • Brite Skoda Noida workshop has been performing pretty good job - they handle the vehicle well.
  • Suspension is on stiffer side to my liking but it certainly keeps the vehicle in check during turns - especially over hilly terrains.
  • DSG gets confused when parked over a slope with hill hold - sometimes refused to move even at 3000 RPM in D mode.
  • Parking sensors are way too sensitive.
  • Insane headlights - the best I have seen.
  • Still confused how it will behave with E20 & above - a bit apprehensive.
  • During mishap, tank like built kept the family safe.
  • Canton has left me very impressed - especially during those calm late evening drives.
  • Heavy doors are difficult to handle for elderly.
  • Worst FE = 6 Best = 17
  • Cruise control induces sedation on expressways.
  • Learnt how to avoid racing Road Romeos.

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20230617_202341.jpg

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20230617_202308.jpg
SilverSmoke is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 18th June 2023, 06:22   #1241
BHPian

Congratulations to Silvermoke and Avalanche on the first birthday - have been following your thread all along and one of the factors that swayed my decision to go for the Kodiaq.
As for the stiff suspension, I find myself using the individual mode, with engine and steering set to normal and Suspension set to Soft is best to soak up the notoriously omnipresent undulations, ruts and potholes of Bangalore. Sure, the ride is a bit warty and wallowing, but not enough to induce motion sickness.
Another observation is that sometimes in stop and go / crawling traffic, I find the engine set to sport mode better suited - instant response to close those short gaps before another bike or auto squeezes in, and also have a feeling the DSG will last longer as the gears hold on to D1 longer and hence lesser slipping of clutch to keep the vehicle moving at 10-15kmph - any advice?
Old Dude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2023, 08:31   #1242
BHPian

Few queries for Kodiaq users.

1) By default, the car selects Normal mode to drive as and when we switch on the car everytime. Is there an option to set this to "Comfort Mode" such that everytime I switch on the car, comfort mode is selected by default?

2) A query on Android Auto - If I am using Android auto and a mobile call comes that i would like to take on my mobile and not with voice coming from Car speakers (say when I am traveling with office colleagues and I get a call from home or vice versa), is there a quick switch way from Android Auto Car speakers to phone? What's the best way to have a private conversation in such situations?

3) The engine switches off when we apply brakes and speed comes to zero to save fuel. This i understand is an inherent feature of the Kodiaq, which we have an option to disabled also. My question is, does this cause any issues in the long run (frequent engine on & off) if usage is mainly in cities like Bangalore, where it's 80% of time touch n go, bumper to bumper trafic and i see this mechanism working every 1-2 minutes, as the car crawls in the traffic?

4) The same question as above with Auto Brakes, (vehicle does not move once braked, unless acceleration given again). Does this (Keeping Auto Brakes activated always) have any issues in the long run. Does anyone of these selections, wears out the breakpads more than usual.
Old 18th June 2023, 10:09   #1243
BHPian

Quote:
Two more queries from my end:

1. Is there a way to keep the AC air re-circulation to internal, always by default?

2. The front sensors are hyper-sensitive and in peak traffic the car is ALWAYS beeping - Is there a way to lower the volume or Mute the constant beeping?

Thanks!

Last edited by mountainboy1213 : 18th June 2023 at 10:14. Reason: Adding more details
Old 18th June 2023, 14:53   #1244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
As for the stiff suspension, I find myself using the individual mode, with engine and steering set to normal and Suspension set to Soft is best to soak up the notoriously omnipresent undulations, ruts and potholes of Bangalore.
DSG will last longer as the gears hold on to D1 longer and hence lesser slipping of clutch to keep the vehicle moving at 10-15kmph - any advice?

I have set the individual mode exactly as you have mentioned & I prefer to use it routinely.

However, clutch slippage will definitely be reduced, I prefer to shift to manual mode for the same reason & frequently shift to N or P mode while not in motion.

Quote:

1) By default, the car selects Normal mode to drive as and when we switch on the car everytime. Is there an option to set this to "Comfort Mode"

2) Is there a quick switch way from Android Auto Car speakers to phone? What's the best way to have a private conversation in such situations?

3) My question is, does this cause any issues in the long run (frequent engine on & off) if usage is mainly in cities like Bangalore, where it's 80% of time touch n go, bumper to bumper trafic and i see this mechanism working every 1-2 minutes, as the car crawls in the traffic?

4) The same question as above with Auto Brakes, (vehicle does not move once braked, unless acceleration given again). Does this (Keeping Auto Brakes activated always) have any issues in the long run.

1. No, We have to always manually shift to other mode - default at start will be Normal.

2. I am also looking for the same but couldn't find - what I do now, I reduce the volume to barely hearable. That's it.

3. Yes, it will drain battery a lot & unnecessary loads on - cranking motor & circuits - I prefer to keep it off at all times.

4. Only for increased brake pads usage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainboy1213 View Post
Two more queries from my end:

1. Is there a way to keep the AC air re-circulation to internal, always by default?

No.
Until hard coded.

2. The front sensors are hyper-sensitive and in peak traffic the car is ALWAYS beeping - Is there a way to lower the volume or Mute the constant beeping?

Yes.
One can mute using on screen controls in orange / white colors when sensor mode is initiated.
SilverSmoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2023, 16:37   #1245

Quote:

2) A query on Android Auto - If I am using Android auto and a mobile call comes that i would like to take on my mobile and not with voice coming from Car speakers (say when I am traveling with office colleagues and I get a call from home or vice versa), is there a quick switch way from Android Auto Car speakers to phone? What's the best way to have a private conversation in such situations?

Query 1,3,4 have been answered so I will try to answer the remaining one. When you are connected to Android Auto, your phone does not show the call, so its difficult to move audio from there. The only way to move to handset is through the car UI. There are few ways to do this:

• Within Android Auto, if a call is active, you will see phone app in the set of 4 active apps show at the bottom, if not select from list of apps.
  • Switch to the Phone app, and click the bluetooth button
  • You will see three option, one of them will be Handset, select that to move call audio to phone. See image below
    2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-andoridautophonecall.jpeg

Even through Android Auto is connected, the calls are still routed through bluetooth connecting (if it's ON)
  • Click Phone on the Car UID, left side below Radio and Media.
  • If call is active you will see option to move to headset.
  • I have seen sometimes it doesn't appear.

If you are driving the car and have digital dashboard (Sports/L&K)
  • You can select Phone on the driver dashboard.
  • Scroll the setting using the silver scroll bar, if call is active.
  • An option to make call private appears as on option
  • Select to move call to handset

There is no way to make handset audio default. Hope this helps.
xorrmancer is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks