Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2023, 18:17   #1171
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar View Post
Please check with Saifee Tyres, Santacruz. For Kodiaq, you may get Michelin Pilot Sport 4 IIRC.
Tried reaching out, but didn’t get any response.
Old 14th May 2023, 21:40   #1172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin Bhatt View Post
Tried reaching out, but didn’t get any response.
Try them on +91 99998 73922. Also try Reliable tyres (Andheri West) - +91 84548 37272. They also had Michelins for Kodiaq, though I felt they were a bit expensive. However, they were giving a higher exchange value for the OEM tyres. This was when I was planning to change the Kodiaq's OEM tyres on the day of delivery.

On this note, I would like to inform fellow members who helped me finalize the Kodiaq. I have cancelled my booking and decided to wait for a few months for changing my City. I was some how developing massive cold feet and did not have full conviction. And then we were also planning to buy a house so thought that better to get a bigger/better place first and then buy the car. Hopefully, by the time I am in the market again, the next gen Kodiaq would have been launched in India. Lets see.
Shreyas Aterkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2023, 22:44   #1173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar View Post
And then we were also planning to buy a house so thought that better to get a bigger/better place first and then buy the car. Hopefully, by the time I am in the market again, the next gen Kodiaq would have been launched in India. Lets see.
Real estate always comes first over a vehicle. All the best

Last edited by manson : 24th May 2023 at 02:27. Reason: Typo.
SilverSmoke is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 09:13   #1174
BHPian

Hi All

Earlier whenever i filled the tank full, the MID showed a range of 620Kms. Off-late whenever i do a tankfull, the range displayed is 580kms. So why there could be this gap of around 40kms at the point of tankfull when everything resets? Also, I am also seeing a 10% dip in mileage. Could this be because of the AC running full-time now? How have you seen the behaviour of the car change with AC ON/OFF ?
Old 15th May 2023, 09:29   #1175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun_to_drive View Post
Hi All

Earlier whenever i filled the tank full, the MID showed a range of 620Kms. Off-late whenever i do a tankfull, the range displayed is 580kms. So why there could be this gap of around 40kms at the point of tankfull when everything resets? Also, I am also seeing a 10% dip in mileage. Could this be because of the AC running full-time now? How have you seen the behaviour of the car change with AC ON/OFF ?
Projected Range = Petrol Quantity (L) in the tank X long term average (km/L).
Guna is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th May 2023, 00:10   #1176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg View Post
Thanks for your response, I am unable to DM you. It will be great if you can DM me the contact info of your SA.

Thanks again
@Sameerg, Please contact Somin Halder on 70110 96363, in case you are still on with the search. Excuse my late response as got busy with work and travel and just caught your message (not able to DM you either).

Hope you finalise a purchase soon. 👍🏼
Sen_auto_sation is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2023, 11:59   #1177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
If your yearly mileage is more than 15000 kms, you can go ahead with slightly older product. Normally, if you wait and persuade the tyre dealer, he will place a special order for you and the manufacturer will take up a fresh production. But this might not be the case with imported tyres. You can contact the distributor of Apollo / Vredestein in your state, and wait for a fresh batch to arrive. Check stock in different cities too. Kodiaq’s tyre size is odd, hence not many options available even for upsizing. If one decided to upgrade to 19” wheels, then tyre options increase. Out of the current lot, my pick would be Vredestein Ultrac Vorti in stock size.
Any reason why you pick the Vredestein Ultrac Vorti over Michelin Latitude Sport 3? Is it because they wear better than Michelins on Indian road conditions?
Old 17th May 2023, 12:54   #1178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin Bhatt View Post
Any reason why you pick the Vredestein Ultrac Vorti over Michelin Latitude Sport 3? Is it because they wear better than Michelins on Indian road conditions?
I personally know and have tried the Vredestein on Tiguans. I believe it has to do with softness of the rubber or the compound they are using. Its well suited for urban use and can handle some odd rough patches too, when you're feeling adventurous. My only gripe with Michelin is this design / pattern is quite old now and they must bring upgrades to justify the price tag. Do check the date of manufacturing before you decide. Anything older than 6 months, just walk away. The Latitude Sport 3 seems more suited for rugged vehicles such as the Endeavour, Fortuner and the likes. AFAIK these are the options available in the market today for 235/55/R18:

1) Vredestein Ultrac Vorti @ 17000/-
2) Pirelli Scorpion Verde (self sealing) @ 17000/-
3) Ceat Sportdrive SUV @ 12000/-
4) Continental Sport Contact5 SUV @ 19000/-
5) Michelin Latitude Sport 3 @ 25000/-
6) Bridgestone Deuler @ 20000/-

P.S. prices taken from tyremarket.com to which I am in no way affiliated. Your local tyre dealer would be able to offer you cheaper rates. Just wanted to construct an informative post for everyone's benefit.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2023, 15:57   #1179
BHPian

I think Skoda is marketing the Kodiaq 2023 better with a Media event at Natarax. All the senior Auto Journalists did a top speed test on the circuit and a 4x4 trail which was never covered by anyone during the initial launch in 2022. They have also increased the allocation to 3000 cars for 2023. Clearly they are putting Kodiaq at the forefront, which is a good news for existing and new buyers. This should hopefully mean better availability of parts, spares and technicians to provide an improved service experience.

Last edited by manson : 24th May 2023 at 02:28. Reason: Typo.
Fun_to_drive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 18:05   #1180
BHPian

Hey, I have one problem with my car. I sent it at the service station and after returning the one touch up from the driver side door does not work. It works from the individual passenger switches though. Is there any thing I can do to resolve this issue?

Last edited by manson : 24th May 2023 at 02:30. Reason: Typo
Old 20th May 2023, 07:52   #1181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
I personally know and have tried the Vredestein on Tiguans.
Finally got 4 Nov 2022 Vredestein Ultrac Vorti tyres for my Kodiaq from Shakti Sai Tyres Andheri Mumbai for 17200/- each. They are one of the two Apollo ‘Super’ Dealers in Mumbai. Just realised that tyres are now being given star rating for fuel efficiency like for white goods like ACs and refrigerators. The Vredestein Ultrac Vortis have a 4 star rating. The drive quality has improved leaps and bounds. May be a part of it is that the Markuss were 50000km old and hence hard, after which these seem extra good. The drive is much quieter now and extremely comfortable. Thanks Adi for the recommendation.

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img_3123.jpeg

Last edited by aah78 : 21st May 2023 at 04:46. Reason: Quote trimmed, picture inseted in-line. TYpos.
Sachin Bhatt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th May 2023, 18:45   #1182

Hi Everyone, Good evening.
I am a newbie here on the forum and this is my first post.
But I have been following Team-BHP for the past 13 yrs to decide on my purchases and modifications and it helped a lot.

I have a query here. I am almost booking a Kodiaq L & K, but am confused on the color. I thought of going for Graphite grey, but the SA is saying Lava blue is the fast moving one and Grey is not. Also grey will have a longer waiting period too.

Is there any logical reason for this? Any inputs/suggestions?

Thanks in Advance
Old 20th May 2023, 21:37   #1183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahak View Post
Is there any logical reason for this? Any inputs/suggestions?
Welcome to Team-BHP.

Lava Blue and White are the most sold colors of Kodiiaq. Skoda would manufacture more of them, Dealer would pre-order these colors knowing they are a fast-moving commodity.
That said, stick to the color of your choice and do not get influenced by the dealer as you have to live with it even if it means a longer waiting period.

Last edited by aah78 : 21st May 2023 at 04:45. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Jangra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2023, 04:38   #1184
BHPian

Myself and a colleague recently took delivery of our Kodiaqs on the same day - mine in Lava Blue and my colleague’s in Graphite Grey (colours of our respective choice). While colour preference is very personal and subjective (and more friends at work appreciating and going oooh! over the Lava blue more than the graphite grey parked next to each other) I’d like to draw your attention to the maintenance aspect of both colours and how your personality may be better suited towards one over the other. Lava blue definitely takes more TLC over Graphite Grey - period. Even a fine coat of dust shows through, if you have hard water in your area, white deposits will show up on the joint gaps between different panels within first few washes itself, and smudges and smears left by touching all show through easily on the Lava Blue, while these are hardly perceptible on Graphite Grey.
If you are like me, for whom spending time cleaning my car every day is therapeutic and have to be yanked from the garage to home by a very frustrated wife an hour after returning from every trip, the Lava Blue is more rewarding. If you are having the watchman / apartment guy wash your cars daily, go for the graphite grey, which is more forgiving.

Last edited by manson : 24th May 2023 at 02:31. Reason: Typo.
Old Dude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2023, 09:02   #1185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Myself and a colleague recently took delivery of our Kodiaqs on the same day - mine in Lava Blue and my colleague’s in Graphite Grey (colours of our respective choice). While colour preference is very personal and subjective (and more friends at work appreciating and going oooh! over the Lava blue more than the graphite grey parked next to each other) I’d like to draw your attention to the maintenance aspect of both colours and how your personality may be better suited towards one over the other. Lava blue definitely takes more TLC over Graphite Grey - period. Even a fine coat of dust shows through, if you have hard water in your area, white deposits will show up on the joint gaps between different panels within first few washes itself, and smudges and smears left by touching all show through easily on the Lava Blue, while these are hardly perceptible on Graphite Grey.
If you are like me, for whom spending time cleaning my car every day is therapeutic and have to be yanked from the garage to home by a very frustrated wife an hour after returning from every trip, the Lava Blue is more rewarding. If you are having the watchman / apartment guy wash your cars daily, go for the graphite grey, which is more forgiving.
It's always reassuring to see some one who shares your madness. My wife by now has already given up on this and has come to terms that no matter what this man needs to spend an hour atleast to clean the rides. Lava Blue gets all the praises but like you remarked it certainly is high on maintenance. Just an hour after cleaning, I hate to see those fine dust particles sticking like a magnet. Water spots after cleaning on a hot day is even more evident and it needs constant care. I am not into PPF and didn't go for ceramic coating either - so will let it age gracefully. A detailing session once in a while should bring the looks back.

Nevertheless one can't go wrong with this shade and it makes the design pop! Congratulations on your Lava Blue L&K, do post some pics from your recent trips if any.

Last edited by manson : 24th May 2023 at 02:33. Reason: Deleted extra blank row.
vjbox is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks