Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2023, 19:49   #1051
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by novice View Post
I fear my car might become a donar vehicle for few greedy folks to make quick buck.Am I overthinking this? How do I ensure my car comes out with all its original parts intact?
Honestly speaking, you can't control it - no one can. Generally they don't do much to a flagship vehicles. But if time runs in months, they might pull out something & order it fresh to expedite repair of another vehicle - the fresh will go into your vehicle.
My vehicle was with dealership for good 90 days, I didn't experienced anything bad, but yeah I witnessed this phenomenon. Worrying won't solve anything.

Just keep visiting the workshop every now & then without prior information & always inspect / take photos / videos of engine bay.
Don't ever leave the car alone for long.
Let them know you are proactive.

You should ask about error codes they get in their OBD device during scan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar View Post
I do hope that I get to test drive the car before I get delivery.
Can request a Bhpian for the same.
Or come to Delhi, I will bring mine to airport
SilverSmoke is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 12:14   #1052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
Generally they don't do much to a flagship vehicles. But if time runs in months, they might pull out something & order it fresh to expedite repair of another vehicle - the fresh will go into your vehicle.
My vehicle was with dealership for good 90 days, I didn't experienced anything bad, but yeah I witnessed this phenomenon. Worrying won't solve anything.
Thanks for the tips. I am happy for you that you haven't crossed paths with the service center mafia that operates out of some of the authorized service centers. Me and my Superb haven't been that lucky. I would give one example but I don't want to name any specific dealer here.

I got the water pump replaced on my Superb in late 2016 or early 2017 at the cost of 20k. However, the new pump suffered a catastrophic failure few months later on an Highway but fortunately it stopped right in front of another Skoda dealer's ASS, Gurudev Motors. They took the pump out in my presence and one look at it was enough to conclude that it wasn't new. Also, the manufacturing date was early 2013. Note that water pumps often fail on TSI units. So, I don't think Skoda would send a four year old pump. Mechanics at Gurudev categorically said it is an old pump. Skoda has for some reason denied warranty and the dealer who put the old pump instead of new one agreed to change it at their cost.

Also, the SA's suspicious behavior confirmed the same. The SA called me 3 or 4 times after I took the car back after the initial replacement to enquire if everything was okay. He even called me on Sunday evening at around 8pm to check if there is any coolant leak. Folks who have been with Skoda for long enough would know that it is unusual for SA to call at odd hours to check.

The only logical conclusion - they charged me for a new pump but sold the new one through illegal channels and put an used one in my car.

There have been few more suspected instances of such practices including parts being stolen when the car goes for some work. The engine department is the worst. I call them "Den of Thieves".

Last edited by novice : 3rd April 2023 at 12:20.
novice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 12:40   #1053
BHPian

Quote:
There have been few more suspected instances of such practices including parts being stolen when the car goes for some work. The engine department is the worst. I call them "Den of Thieves".
Looking at the matter of your Superb & now long expected idle time at workshop, I would highly suggest to get your Kodiaq towed out to a reliable workshop with a fair history - even if it is out of limits of the district.

My new battery was replaced by an old one, but they atleast admitted that its an old one & will replace later under warranty.

Last edited by SilverSmoke : 3rd April 2023 at 12:46.
Old 3rd April 2023, 15:43   #1054
BHPian

Hello Folks!!

I am planning to take the delivery of my Kodiaq L&K this Friday, and on Saturday itself I have to make a long trip (300 KM) on the highway.

Should I be mindful of anything while driving a new car? e.g., Not going beyond a particular speed limit, or a specific Air Pressure etc.

I remember when I got my i10 long ago, I was advised not to go beyond 60-70 before the first service. Any such riders I should be aware of?

Thanks!
mountainboy1213 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 15:49   #1055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainboy1213 View Post
Hello Folks!!

I am planning to take the delivery of my Kodiaq L&K this Friday, and on Saturday itself I have to make a long trip (300 KM) on the highway.

Should I be mindful of anything while driving a new car? e.g., Not going beyond a particular speed limit, or a specific Air Pressure etc.

I remember when I got my i10 long ago, I was advised not to go beyond 60-70 before the first service. Any such riders I should be aware of?

Thanks!
1) Don't accelerate hard
2) Don't exceed 4k RPM
3) Vary the speed, don't cruise at a constant speed.
novice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 15:54   #1056
BHPian

Quote:
1) Don't accelerate hard
2) Don't exceed 4k RPM
3) Vary the speed, don't cruise at a constant speed.
Additionally check the air pressure. When I got my Tiguan delivered, it was delivered with all tires having 48PSI and ride was bumpy and it could be dangerous on a highway
nagarjun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 22:47   #1057
BHPian

Have been getting respectful long term and short trips FE. It has significantly improved after the last service

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-9881d390be4f4357a60d7586c14e0cd5.jpeg

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-28d6f99415bb428a8f5b74c31ad88b1e.jpeg

Also just saw the increase in Ex showroom. My Sportline ex showroom when I got was 35.99 just a year back.

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-c22475ebea844fce997d22c856171b09.jpeg
Jangra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 00:05   #1058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
Can request a Bhpian for the same. Or come to Delhi, I will bring mine to airport
Thanks for the generous offer . Keep coming to Delhi, was there about 10 days back. I just hope that before my next visit, local dealer gets the test drive car. Although it will be awesome to meet a fellow bhpian.

Quote:
Hello Folks!!

Thanks!
Congratulations! Guess yours will be amongst the first BS6.2 compliant Kodiaq. Is it E20 compliant as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangra View Post
Have been getting respectful long term and short trips FE. It has significantly improved after the last service

Also just saw the increase in Ex showroom. My Sportline ex showroom when I got was 35.99 just a year back.
These are pretty healthy fuel consumption figures.

And yes, the prices have gone up and the maxmimum increase has been in the L&K variant.
Shreyas Aterkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 01:38   #1059

First post on the forum after luring for ages -
Have been looking for Kodiaq test drive vehicle for long. Raised issue to Skoda on Instagram finally got a call back. If it is helpful for anyone Skoda Chembur Mumbai will have TD vehicle in next week.
Old 4th April 2023, 08:23   #1060
BHPian

I have been allocated a BS6.2 MY 23 model. Ofcourse I need to cough up more given the increase in prices. L&k seems to have the most increase which doesn't look justified to me but it is what it is.

Any one knows whether the BS6.2 models get the Evo4 engines that we had discussed a while back ?

I don't belive the updated variant is E20 compliant yet.
Old 4th April 2023, 17:38   #1061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjbox View Post
Any one knows whether the BS6.2 models get the Evo4 engines that we had discussed a while back ?
I don't belive the updated variant is E20 compliant yet.

Yes, a BS6 2.0 Skoda engine still doesn't promises to be E20 compliant - it only guarantees to be OK at 6.2 emission norms - mostly by an upgrade of catalytic converter components.

I don't think Skoda will immediately introduce Evo4 engines as it might shift the price north significantly.
SilverSmoke is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 20:58   #1062
BHPian

Has anyone here potentially considered Q3 premium plus as an alternative for Kodiaq LnK?

Can you please share your perspective on why should someone choose one over another, or why not?

Looking for some guidance on this.
Old 4th April 2023, 21:30   #1063
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone here potentially considered Q3 premium plus as an alternative for Kodiaq LnK?

Can you please share your perspective on why should someone choose one over another, or why not?

Looking for some guidance on this.
I haven't driven the new Q3, but been looking at it actively as an option to replace our S Cross once the discounts start. It really boils down to your priorities.

Personally the Q3 would be a lot nicer to drive owing to its more nimble dimensions, being a newer generation with arguably better finished interiors but the family would still prefer the Kodiaq with better second row, boot space, features, and adaptive suspension.
lamborghini is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 23:19   #1064
BHPian

Quote:

All points well summarised by Lamborghini above, would like to add it has same engine / transmission combo as Kodiaq / Superb / Octavia (now gone), A4 & is smaller & lighter - it's more fun & tighter to drive than Kodiaq for sure but for lot less space, features & an Audi badge.

If you don't need to carry whole family along, with lots of luggage, you can actually consider it.
SilverSmoke is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 23:37   #1065
BHPian

Any product recommendations on sun shades for Kodiaq?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks