Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2023, 10:37   #961
BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Here we go again.

Last week I was communicated by Brite Skoda that car will be delivered this week & now here I am reading a message from the supervisor 'Sir, parts are still remaining till date.'

Looks like they don't order the parts all at once - they keep fitting & continue the diagnosis what now needs to be replaced & order again & again & again.

They are surely testing my patience now.
SilverSmoke is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2023, 21:34   #962

Hi all,
I am a new member to this forum.
Wanted to share my experience on buying the Skoda Kodiaq. I had booked the vehicle with TAFE Access, HSR layout, Bangalore showroom on 21st Dec. 2022. Got the the vehicle delivered on 10th Feb 2023, so it took just about 50 days from the day of booking. Good thing is - the sales executive I interacted with had told me in the beginning itself that if I book the White or Grey color L&K version, he would be able to deliver it within max. 3 months & he kept his word. I was in fact looking for the White L&K model only, having owned two black cars previously, so it all worked out to my advantage.
The booking & delivery experience was quite good, thanks mainly to this no-nonsense sales guy.
Initially I was adamant on not booking the vehicle till I get a test drive, but no dealer in Bangalore was able to arrange for a test drive, all except this particular showroom didn't even commit to show me a Kodiaq in body & flesh! Finally I agreed to take a look at a new White Kodiaq at the TAFE access service center where it was getting ready for delivery. I liked it, found it better looking than how it looked in pictures. The sales guy then asked me to take a test drive of an Octavia "just to feel the smoothness of the engine & gearbox". I agreed. And actually loved that test drive - the autobox just felt very smooth, the acceleration was great, the ride also felt very nice even when I tried driving on some bad road. I knew the Kodiaq would likely ride little differently, but was already sold on the real smooth engine gearbox combination. So the very next day I paid the booking advance.
The final in-road price came to 49.58L. I actually paid 49.69L before delivery, but sales guy arranged for 11K discount on the accessories and refunded that amount post delivery.

I have only driven it for 500 kms, and honestly I am just loving it. I have taken 2 years extended warranty for ~84k and Standard maintenance package for 65k. Hopefully these would help.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20230210_201000.jpg  

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20230211_094003.jpg  

Last edited by Vid6639 : 22nd February 2023 at 09:24. Reason: correcting price typo
drive-easy is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2023, 01:18   #963
BHPian

Many congratulations on your new ride. You will definitely going to love her. Please feel free to ask anything if you need to.
SilverSmoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2023, 17:29   #964
BHPian

Finally, got much awaited call from Brite Skoda that car hardware work is complete, currently undergoing software updates after which road tests will be performed.

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img20230223wa0017.jpg

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-img20230223wa0014.jpg
SilverSmoke is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 25th February 2023, 17:38   #965
BHPian

Hey has anyone changed the stock tires in the car or is it good to retain them?
Old 25th February 2023, 19:03   #966
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
Finally, got much awaited call from Brite Skoda that car hardware work is complete, currently undergoing software updates after which road tests will be performed.

Attachment 2422624

Attachment 2422625
Thats great news. Hope you get your car soon and the ownership is free from any trouble whatsoever now onwards.
Shreyas Aterkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2023, 23:23   #967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
Yo, good to see car back in shape, and it’s a shame for SKODA that they took close to three months.
Are you going to take a ride yourself too to see the accuracy of work?
Which insurance you had and what’s the total estimate vs your share?
And last, did you find out the process for the new number plates?

Wish you stress free and troublefree ownership.
Thanks for keeping us updated on your overall experience.
Jangra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2023, 11:53   #968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangra View Post
Yo, good to see car back in shape, and it’s a shame for SKODA that they took close to three months.
Are you going to take a ride yourself too to see the accuracy of work?
Which insurance you had and what’s the total estimate vs your share?
And last, did you find out the process for the new number plates?
Yes, I will check the car myself before making a final call.

It was GoDigit from Skoda itself - so that any nuisance of pending payments / undue delays can be avoided.

Quote sent by workshop was around 15L out of which 11L got approved, seems more than adequate - though final adjustments need to be evaluated - still working out Salvage Charges stuff.

On re-ordering HSRP, it requires a valid FIR to proceed - I don't have it - got a work around - will share once I get my hands on HSRP.

Will keep you all posted about the progress.
Old 26th February 2023, 22:16   #969
BHPian

Kodiaq owners, The latest Kodiaq comes with MRF tyres. Is a upgrade to a Michelin or Conti recommended or the MRFs are good enough?
Old 27th February 2023, 00:40   #970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikilbhatkar View Post
Kodiaq owners, The latest Kodiaq comes with MRF tyres. Is a upgrade to a Michelin or Conti recommended or the MRFs are good enough?
Grip is pretty good but they tend to get noisy above 90 KMPH.

If you can tolerate the speedy noise, I feel they are good enough. Alternatively, you can ride till 10K, experience stocks & get them changed near 1st service.
Old 27th February 2023, 09:56   #971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikilbhatkar View Post
Kodiaq owners, The latest Kodiaq comes with MRF tires. Is a upgrade to a Michelin or Conti recommended or the MRFs are good enough?
I drove for about 8k KMS with stock MRFs and their dry grip level is pretty good. But even at moderate speeds (~50kmph) they struggled quite badly to find grip on wet roads with flowing water on rainy days.

Michelin doesn't seem to have any good tires in 235/55/18 profile. I went with "Conti SC5 SUV" recently. It is still too early to comment about the experience with them as I am yet to complete 1k kms but early impressions seem to indicate Contis are lot more softer and quieter. Got one of the Conti tires changed under warranty already as it had considerable wobbling. Warranty claim process was pretty smooth though, no questions asked.

Last edited by novice : 27th February 2023 at 10:01.
novice is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th February 2023, 15:40   #972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by novice View Post
I drove for about 8k KMS with stock MRFs and their dry grip level is pretty good. But even at moderate speeds (~50kmph) they struggled quite badly to find grip on wet roads with flowing water on rainy days.

Michelin doesn't seem to have any good tires in 235/55/18 profile. I went with "Conti SC5 SUV" recently. It is still too early to comment about the experience with them as I am yet to complete 1k kms but early impressions seem to indicate Contis are lot more softer and quieter. Got one of the Conti tires changed under warranty already as it had considerable wobbling. Warranty claim process was pretty smooth though, no questions asked.
How much did it cost you? Does is it help in softening the otherwise stiffer suspension of Kodiaq?
Old 27th February 2023, 19:45   #973
BHPian

Got call from supervisor that battery is malfunctioning.

My take is most likely it's because of keeping it ideal for more than 2 months. It should have been charged intermittently. Though he isnt admitting anything right now.

Let's see what it turns out to be.
Old 28th February 2023, 13:15   #974

Driving in Bangalore traffic, I am finding the continuous beeping/warning (as vehicles come closer in heavy traffic) very irritating. Is there any way to turn this completely?
Old 28th February 2023, 13:27   #975
BHPian

Hi @Drive-easy

You can adjust the sound levels of the proximity sensors from the ICE unit. You could turn it off at MIN, however, given the size of the vehicle, might come in handy in tight spaces and busy areas to have a mild sound on, just so you can be alert to blind objects close to the car.

Cheers! and happy driving..

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive-easy View Post
Driving in Bangalore traffic, I am finding the continuous beeping/warning (as vehicles come closer in heavy traffic) very irritating. Is there any way to turn this completely?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks