Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2023, 16:11   #916

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Thanks Guys!

Unfortunately, PPF is turning out to be a costly option.

Was Quoted 2 to 2.2 lakhs for PPF at "House of Polish" in Gurgaon and a Ceramic Coat (3 Year Warranty with 6 Month Touch Ups) at 50 K, Repaint at 4 Years (~1 Lakh) and a refresher Ceramic coat at 50k post that for another 3 years seems like a better option theoretically?

I am in 2 minds at this point and having gone through the extensive/ detailed PPF thread on team bhp, and given that repair is done through Patchwork ( Difference in the appearance of Patch over time) and overall realistic usable lifetime of ~5-6 years before rework, Ceramic seems to be a better option, especially considering the lower upfront cost.

Please let me know what would be a better option for your experience and where do I go for it?
Old 25th January 2023, 18:16   #917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aakash29 View Post
Unfortunately, PPF is turning out to be a costly option.

Please let me know what would be a better option for your experience and where do I go for it?
Personally, I have never preferred PPF for any of my cars till date. I simply cannot digest the fact that my car is under a "plastic wrap" Just not worth the price! Moreover, if not done properly, starts showing peels and gaps (ugly!) within a year or so! I am glad you dropped the option.

As for ceramic, go for it only if you want a psychological satisfaction of some sorts but be aware that it will NOT prevent scratches. As I said, it will just retain the paint shine for a little longer. After spending a fortune on ceramic coatings on many cars, I've finally settled for polish jobs at regular intervals.
cool_dube is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th January 2023, 01:48   #918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aakash29 View Post
Hi Everyone!

2. How do I get the damn wipers up ?. The Car Cleaner scratched up the wipers trying to get it up (That's how he marks which cars have been cleaned) but couldn't as it was obstructed by the hood. The Sales guys at the showroom told me there's a setting for this but couldn't do it when asked to demonstrate.

Thanks a ton !
Congratulations on the car!
Switch the ignition off, hold the wiper switch downwards until the wipers go to service position. Then they can be safely lifted off the windscreen. For returning to normal, switch on the ignition, do the same with the wiper switch again till it’s back to normal position. This is how it works in the Tiguan, should be the same I guess in the kodiaq.
troika is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 13:30   #919
BHPian

I am constantly getting a washer fluid warning. Is there a way to manually turn this off? or topping it up with water help?
Fun_to_drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 20:22   #920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun_to_drive View Post
I am constantly getting a washer fluid warning. Is there a way to manually turn this off? or topping it up with water help?
Top up the reservoir with distilled water and recheck.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 21:57   #921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Top up the reservoir with distilled water and recheck.
I have been filling it up with normal tap water without any issues so far. Your approach is to save the pump motor?
Old 31st January 2023, 02:39   #922
BHPian

Anyone aware of ready stock for Sportline variant in blue or white? If Skoda allows purchase across India, I'm open to buy anywhere and register in KA.
Old 31st January 2023, 10:04   #923
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangra View Post
I have been filling it up with normal tap water without any issues so far. Your approach is to save the pump motor?
I haven’t used tap water for this purpose before so can’t tell you there’s a difference, but my reasoning is distilled water doesn’t have any salts or minerals, so when the washer fluid is mixed and activated, it’ll clean the glass well and leave it streak free. No water spots from overspray as well. And yes, due to its inherent properties it’ll make the pump / motor / rubber tubes last longer. I use Sonax clear glass concentrate while topping up the reservoir.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 10:29   #924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
VW/Skoda & all German cars have this feature of unlocking wherein there are 2 options.

Option 1: Press Unlock one time and all car doors open.

Option 2: Press Unlock one time and ONLY driver door opens.
Press Unlock second time and then all passengers/co-driver doors open.

Works both from key and from inside the car.

You need to figure out where this setting is and go for option 1.

As I always find option 2 complex when with friends/families.
Thanks. I was referring to the keyless process of opening the doors.
Old 31st January 2023, 10:55   #925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav1up View Post
Anyone aware of ready stock for Sportline variant in blue or white? If Skoda allows purchase across India, I'm open to buy anywhere and register in KA.
EVM Kochi has a couple in stock as on 30 Jan 2023. Please check with them. You can contact them on 81119 96677.
kraken is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2023, 11:31   #926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraken View Post
EVM Kochi has a couple in stock as on 30 Jan 2023. Please check with them. You can contact them on 81119 96677.
Thank you! Do you have any sales person's WhatsApp number? Would you send it via private message?
Old 31st January 2023, 14:57   #927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav1up View Post
Thank you! Do you have any sales person's WhatsApp number? Would you send it via private message?
I've pm'ed you the SA's contact details. You can whatsapp him. He has confirmed the availability of 2 cars.
kraken is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2023, 12:57   #928
BHPian

I reached out to multiple dealers in KA and EVM, but most dealers have L&K in stock and not sportline. I'm looking for a blue sportline, new, not demo. If anyone knows a salesperson having one in stock anywhere, please do let me know. Thanks!
Old 1st February 2023, 16:29   #929
BHPian

I've just booked a Skoda Kodiaq L&K in Magic Black in Pune. The SA has provided with an acknowledgement of payment. Is there anything else that they should provide us related to allocation? In terms of delivery, he says it could take 3-5 months, a little bit sooner if it's grey or white color.
Old 3rd February 2023, 10:37   #930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashesh View Post
I've just booked a Skoda Kodiaq L&K in Magic Black in Pune. The SA has provided with an acknowledgement of payment. Is there anything else that they should provide us related to allocation? In terms of delivery, he says it could take 3-5 months, a little bit sooner if it's grey or white color.
Great Choice on the color. Acknowledgement and payment receipt is all they provide. If you want the car sooner, then you will have to constantly follow up or make another booking at a different dealership as the booking amount is fully refundable.
Fun_to_drive is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks