Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2022, 20:47   #781
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobijn View Post

With my initial driver, my mileage (as indicated by the car) used to be around 5. My new driver, who drives (sometimes too) calmly, has pushed the mileage to about 6. If I were to estimate my average speed (total distance traveled / total time used), I reckon it would come to about 20 km/h - would you say accordingly the mileage makes sense?
Seems normal. Which fuel are you using? Try XP95, it might help with mileage a bit. But for your usage it might not be noticable.

Quote:
1) I found the vents under the front seats (for the rear passengers) looking a bit cheap and unrefined.
Absolutely normal. But your expectations are right.

Quote:
2) When the front seats are taken a bit to the front (as is typical with chauffeur driven cars) you can see wiring under the seat
Again normal, don’t pay so much attention to whats underneath the seat most cars have this kind of set up.

Quote:
3) Under the front seat glove compartment I have a big piece of foam which is held in place with some screws.
Seems normal, show it to your service centre once, if needed they’ll order a replacement.

Quote:
4) some other purpose?
The vents are to allow easy closing of all doors. In an otherwise air tight cabin, the vents help air escape the pressure created when you shut either of the 4 doors.

Quote:
5) Is there a control on the steering for answering calls or does it have to go via the console screen?
Depending on which screen you’re in the instrument cluster, you can press the right scroll button to answer calls and later disconnect them. I think it works mostly in the 2 dial configuration most easily.

Quote:
6) While cold starting the car, I am able to start the engine only if the console and screen are fully off.
If you press the start button once, without pressing the brake, it will turn on accesory mode. To start the car, press it again with the brake pedal depressed.

Quote:
7) The manual mentions that the driver seat has a thigh extender, but I am unable to find this. Is it not there in the Indian version?
You’re right. Doesn’t come in the Indian variant.

Quote:
9) There is a tape around the rear seat belt clips. Can this be taken off?
Straight answer, NO! Why do you want to take it off? It keeps together the wires for the rear seat belt reminders.

Lastly, I can’t comment on point 8 as I only use an iPhone and CarPlay.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 21:48   #782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikilbhatkar View Post
Visited the Worli showroom. It seems the Canton setup will be continued in Kodiaq, but in the Superb and Octavia it will be replaced by stock Skoda speakers.
Thanks for verifying and I really hope so too. Its a shame they decided to replace Canton with stock system on Octavia and Superb and I really doubt why and how they can blame the chip shortage here too. Although for Superb, the official site still mentions the Canton system while for Octavia, it has been removed.
vjbox is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 08:00   #783
BHPian

I am looking for immediate purchase of a Graphite Grey in GJ can anybody help or knows of any cars available ? Thanks in advance.
Old 23rd October 2022, 10:36   #784
BHPian

Hi , does anyone have any update on when one can expect a display car in one of the Bangalore dealerships? Asking for a friend. Thanks
troika is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2022, 01:08   #785
BHPian

Happy Deepawali to all.

On festival of lights, was fiddling with light knob on right of steering - to know that additional tail light switches on pulling the knob out by two clicks.

But only right one is lighting up.

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20221023_201803.jpg

On close inspection, two additional small LEDs are there. They are on left side too.

Is that same for all?

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20221023_201946.jpg

2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-20221023_201916.jpg
Old 24th October 2022, 02:41   #786
BHPian

Quote:
I think thats the rear fog lamp. You get only one on the driver's side.
On the left side you've got the reverse light in it's place.

Last edited by corvus corax : 24th October 2022 at 02:46.
corvus corax is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2022, 13:48   #787
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by corvus corax View Post
I think thats the rear fog lamp. You get only one on the driver's side. On the left side you've got the reverse light in it's place.
Rear fog light is programmed to the region the car is sold in. In India, we drive on the left, hence only the right hand side fog light lights up. In Europe, only the left fog light lights up. There is no reverse light in its place, reverse lights are two separate white LEDs on each side. However, you can use VCDS or OBDEleven to activate both fog lights.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 24th October 2022, 21:33   #788
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Rear fog light is programmed to the region the car is sold in. In India, we drive on the left, hence only the right hand side fog light lights up. In Europe, only the left fog light lights up. There is no reverse light in its place, reverse lights are two separate white LEDs on each side. However, you can use VCDS or OBDEleven to activate both fog lights.
Adi, you are easily capable of running a multi-location VAG dealership from both a technical & management perspective
itwasntme is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th October 2022, 11:19   #789
AKB
BHPian

Quick question from the gurus here - I see a Yellow plastic screw on the headlight when we open the hood. Also there is a white knob behind it (horizontal alignment) as well.

What are these for? For headlight adjustment?
Old 25th October 2022, 11:51   #790
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKB View Post
Quick question from the gurus here - I see a Yellow plastic screw on the headlight when we open the hood. Also there is a white knob behind it (horizontal alignment) as well.

What are these for? For headlight adjustment?
Yes these are for manual adjustment of the beams. Can be done with Allen keys
agambhandari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2022, 11:21   #791
BHPian

Thank you for your reply!

Quote:
Seems normal. Which fuel are you using? Try XP95, it might help with mileage a bit. But for your usage it might not be noticable.
Just normal petrol, is XP95 the turbo petrol we see at some pumps?

Quote:

Seems normal, show it to your service centre once, if needed they’ll order a replacement.
Ok will do, it seems an extremely cheap piece of material though. Perhaps my kid has kicked it loose.

Quote:

Depending on which screen you’re in the instrument cluster, you can press the right scroll button to answer calls and later disconnect them. I think it works mostly in the 2 dial configuration most easily.
Yes, you are right. This works!

Quote:

Straight answer, NO! Why do you want to take it off? It keeps together the wires for the rear seat belt reminders.

One of them had gotten slightly folded so it looks a bit bad, that's the only reason!
Old 5th November 2022, 13:37   #792
BHPian

Quote:
Just normal petrol, is XP95 the turbo petrol we see at some pumps?
No. XP95 is 95 Octane petrol from IOC and is available in select pumps only.

Do not get confused this with Power (from HPCL) or Speed (BPCL) which are petrol with additives and should be avoided.
BalaSNKL is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2022, 13:45   #793
BHPian

Quote:
8) A question on Android Auto. I use it because I like to route music via the car speakers but then I lose control of the phone call on the phone and need to both answer calls and speak via the car speaker. Since I sit in the rear, it is a big irritation. Any workarounds? Clearly, they have considered only self driven use of Android auto but with a driver it's very irritating.
Try using Wi-Fi connectivity instead of Bluetooth and see if it addresses this issue.

Btw, I have also been thinking of figuring this out, but haven't got around to doing that yet.
Old 7th November 2022, 11:31   #794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalaSNKL View Post
Try using Wi-Fi connectivity instead of Bluetooth and see if it addresses this issue.

Btw, I have also been thinking of figuring this out, but haven't got around to doing that yet.
On the iPhone simply answer the call on the phone and not on the car's multimedia, you can then use the phone itself for the call and it wont be routed to the car's multimedia. I have never tried android so I don't know if it is true for android as well.
Old 7th November 2022, 17:35   #795
BHPian

Hello Everyone, the cost cutting has already started for MY23 models. Kodiaq LnK now comes with trinity silver alloys which earlier came in the Style variant. The style now gets even worse alloys.2022 Skoda Kodiaq Facelift Review | 2.0L Petrol DSG-kodiaq-tyre.jpeg
Fun_to_drive is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks